[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

I'm a long time lurker and foremost want to thank you for all your hard work on this mod. It has greatly increased my enjoyment of CK2.

I also wanted to add that I haven't been able to get racial seeding to work since Holy Fury came out. Even partial seeding does not appear to work after shattering or creating a random realm.

(I have enabled seeding with just this mod enabled and everything up to date. I also have every DLC and all are enabled)

18 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

That was removed because

1. It was so unbalanced

2. It caused a lot of problems

Thank you for your response. Yes, it is unbalanced. But it may be sad because  the special people brought by special events will die such as magical tower and beauty_beast and so on. And no special people can inherit them in the future. Is there any measure for me to make them accompanied with me forever?

8 hours ago, windincloud9606 said:

Thank you for your response. Yes, it is unbalanced. But it may be sad because  the special people brought by special events will die such as magical tower and beauty_beast and so on. And no special people can inherit them in the future. Is there any measure for me to make them accompanied with me forever?

Make them immortal through console commands.

4 hours ago, Lysiid said:

It does indeed! Thank you!

Is it possible to eventually get it working on Randomize World also, or has Paradox added some sort of modding limitation on the mode?

There's nothing stopping you from using full or partial seeding on a Random World, except for that one requirement (culture names)

I don't know how common this question might be, considering the nature of the mod.  But is there any way to add some kind of support for multiple players who might want to start as some of the custom races?  Right now, the host can set a single campaign start option, and only one player can take the option, it vanishes from the other players lists once it's used by one person.  

Ideally there would be an option for players to start as different races, but I don't know how feasible an option that is?

Or is the only feasible method to hope genetics gets you the race you want in the second or third generation?

8 hours ago, Moonblade57 said:

I don't know how common this question might be, considering the nature of the mod.  But is there any way to add some kind of support for multiple players who might want to start as some of the custom races?  Right now, the host can set a single campaign start option, and only one player can take the option, it vanishes from the other players lists once it's used by one person.  

Ideally there would be an option for players to start as different races, but I don't know how feasible an option that is?

Or is the only feasible method to hope genetics gets you the race you want in the second or third generation?

It's possible and likely easy to code for. The problem is that I don't play multiplayer and literally have no way to test it.

Ran into a weird issue I'm not seeing anyone else report. Loaded up my latest campaign that uses DWF and DW:Extras and all my saves are...wonky. My PC (formerly elf) now has no racial trait, my wife went from being an elf, to a tentacle-kin with a fairy male portrait, and there's been other random race/portrait switches throughout all of my saves. Or at least all of the last few that I've checked. Everything was running smooth about a month ago (last time I played). Already tried deleting both mods and installing fresh with the latest versions...no dice. I know the author doesn't troubleshoot other mods, but anyone have any idea what I might have messed up?

7 hours ago, tloi20 said:

Everything was running smooth about a month ago (last time I played).

There's your problem. There's been some major DWF updates lately that aren't savegame compatible.

A general rule of thumb:
Updating from version 1.x to 1.y will require a new game.

Updating from version 1.x to 1.x.y or from 1.x.y to 1.x.z likely will not.

I've done some playing around with the mod. There is some fun stuff in it. I especially like how it is built modularly with a "use what you like, turn off what you don't" approach to it.

As an Immortal Incubus I have used the middling self heal ability while I had ... I think it was Camp Fever. Not 100% on that.. At the time I also had Severe Illness. The disease itself was removed, but not Severe Illness. I have also have full blooded (but nto immortal as far as I can tell) Incubus and Succubus children whose mothers were normal humans. Is that intended to be possible?

Does Lithith's Own auto-recruit NPCs? In my current play through I have an Immortral Incubus that became the leader of the Society. At some point I became the only member. Now I'm having to be the recruiter and try to keep the number up.

Lilith's Own also has some pretty powerful abilities without the draw backs that Lucifer's Own has. No "Suspected Seceret Society" trait risk when spamming abilities. Lucifer's own also has some risk of degenerative effects for messing with dark powers. I'm guessing the reason that isn't an issue, flavorwise, is that you're supposed to have demon blood in you, or can augment yourself to.

The three missions I've gotten from Lilith's own, with a character who has been in it over 70 years, are Corrupt a Priest, Seduce a Virgin (always men for some reason), and Seduce a Ruler. There is also the Songs of Anguish event from Lucifer's own. Are these the only missions tied to Lilith's own?

Tried playing a Nomadic Tengri Vampire as the Khagan of Sibir. Are Vampire supposed to start immortal? Mine died of old age (tried multiple game starts) or of disease/infected wounds.

Are thralls the only way for a Vampire to feed? It was for my character. At some point, after he'd grow old, he stopped being able to create thralls as well.

In every game I have started Desmona, the Vampire-Elf, showed up at some point relatively early on. Is that intentional?

Been enjoying myself with the DWF content, but these are some flags that popped up for me or are things I was not certain about and though a developer might want to hear about. No, I have not read this entire read, so you will have to forgive me if I am repeating somethings that have been answered a dozen times over.

3 hours ago, Sakuro111 said:

I have also have full blooded (but nto immortal as far as I can tell) Incubus and Succubus children whose mothers were normal humans. Is that intended to be possible?

Genetics when it comes to races with halfbreed children is a little wonky. I'll see if I can improve it a little.

Does Lithith's Own auto-recruit NPCs? In my current play through I have an Immortral Incubus that became the leader of the Society. At some point I became the only member. Now I'm having to be the recruiter and try to keep the number up.

They do, but they still have the vanilla Dark World Reborn requirements to recruit.

OR = {
				FROM = { ai = no }
				is_friend = FROM
				is_lover = FROM
				is_close_relative = FROM
				interested_in_society = dw_the_chosen_of_lilith
			}

I'll see if I can improve this code more. Seeing a society die out is not my intention.

I'm guessing the reason that isn't an issue, flavorwise, is that you're supposed to have demon blood in you, or can augment yourself to.

Lore-wise, Lilith doesn't give two shits about your immortal soul like the other devils/demons. She only cares that you keep feeding her power, which comes from acts of carnal pleasure.

The three missions I've gotten from Lilith's own, with a character who has been in it over 70 years, are Corrupt a Priest, Seduce a Virgin (always men for some reason), and Seduce a Ruler. There is also the Songs of Anguish event from Lucifer's own. Are these the only missions tied to Lilith's own?

Currently, yes. I'm a good coder, not a good designer.

Are Vampire supposed to start immortal?

Nope. Start nomming on people to increase your health, but the ravages of old age will still catch up to you, even if you're undead.

Are thralls the only way for a Vampire to feed?

Seduce someone into being your lover, and you'll be able to nom on them without needing to thrall them.

In every game I have started Desmona, the Vampire-Elf, showed up at some point relatively early on. Is that intentional?

Yes. She's the replacement for Bloodrayne, the "anti-random vampire attacks" girl. She's there for flavor if you're a vampire, or protection if you're not.

I apologize for the previous post(apparently, I downloaded a bad assembly of the main game☠️)- at the moment everything is working (although looking on the error.log[about 75kB] is a bit scary?).

P.S.: very good, that your last updates turned out to be compatible with  old saves?.

Thank you for the informative response Lockeslylcrit. Hadn't even considered Seduction as a Vampire, but it makes sense those two would be connected, and it is nice to know there is interplay between them.

Having played a Nomadic Tengri (Vampire, Elf, and Human rulers) and a Feudal Catholic (Cambion-Incubus) for over 100 years each, I see some events that are relatively common for the Feudal ruler or triggered by buildings that did not fire the Nomadic. I haven't tried with a Iqua or Tribal governments yet. Though I do plan to test a Werewolf in the north at some point.

Some of these seem to be tied to buildings being present in the capital: Stable Bestiality event chain with triggerable decision-event (seems fitting Nomads would have this though), the Bordello Improvement chain, and the reoccurring Booming Slave Trade event (I did way more slaving as a Nomad). I recall the Nomads having a "Morale Boosting Wagon" for prostitutes and an equivalent for slaving, so whore and slaves can be present, and were for me. Just not those events I mentioned. 

Others I am less certain as to why they wouldn't be present for the Nomadic rulers. These are the reoccurring, take a trip to the country side and meet a horny commoner events.

EDIT:

I have had a Feudal Immortal-Incubus-Wizard with a level 3 Wizard Tower, top tier spellbook, and wolf Familiar become Possessed. He also heard the Voice of Jesus. 

While Possessed I had event were exorcist/priest offers to try to help you remove possession. After several such events one succeeded. Not certain if this event did it, but some time afterwards the successful exorcism I noticed that my the character's Wizard trait was missing. He still had a Wolf Familiar. The decision to become a Wizard was avaible again in the Intrigue menu.

19 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:
22 hours ago, Sakuro111 said:

Nope. Start nomming on people to increase your health, but the ravages of old age will still catch up to you, even if you're undead.

Is the vampire mechanic unchanged since Dewguru's time? If so, some glaring issues should be resolved. CK2 assume the different characters on the map have a life other than war and marriage. By that I mean a vampire shouldn't be told to eat while every single other character can do so without direction.

To alleviate the problem, I would suggest to replace the single thralls by a group represented by a building named "Thall's rest" in the capital province, building main purpose is for the vampire thrall to go and rest just like a cult. The amount of thrall, propotional to the quality of the building, would raise suspition of the ruler's true nature. Health of the vampire would also get bigger or smaller relative to the building and amount of thralls. Using this mechanic would allow hunters to assault the thralls in order to weaken a vampire.

In essence, the vampire would establish a dominion of shadows while hunters would work at destroying it. A high number of thralls would give a vampire a high defensive bonus in case of direct assault by a hunter group. If the vampire gets hurt, its health would over time go up to the cap set by the amount of thralls it has dominion over.

A weak vampire would need to go on hunting quests in order to raise the amount of thralls, which is a quite dangerous endeavor. A strong vampire can have its thralls hunt in its stead, but would have a higher chance to raise suspition.

With this idea, the thralls are being used as a resource and directly correlate how powerful a vampire is. A vampire could also chose to go into deep slumber, akin to death, if it is too dangerous for it to be alive. Doing so would trigger the CK2 death thing and pass the reign to the next heir. A sleeping vampire can wake up decades after, and assert its dominion over the current ruler of the province he slept in, becoming a threat (or ally?) to the current player.

Anyhow, this is just a thought. Have a nice day.

8 hours ago, bicobus said:

Is the vampire mechanic unchanged since Dewguru's time? If so, some glaring issues should be resolved. CK2 assume the different characters on the map have a life other than war and marriage. By that I mean a vampire shouldn't be told to eat while every single other character can do so without direction.

To alleviate the problem, I would suggest to replace the single thralls by a group represented by a building named "Thall's rest" in the capital province, building main purpose is for the vampire thrall to go and rest just like a cult. The amount of thrall, propotional to the quality of the building, would raise suspition of the ruler's true nature. Health of the vampire would also get bigger or smaller relative to the building and amount of thralls. Using this mechanic would allow hunters to assault the thralls in order to weaken a vampire.

In essence, the vampire would establish a dominion of shadows while hunters would work at destroying it. A high number of thralls would give a vampire a high defensive bonus in case of direct assault by a hunter group. If the vampire gets hurt, its health would over time go up to the cap set by the amount of thralls it has dominion over.

A weak vampire would need to go on hunting quests in order to raise the amount of thralls, which is a quite dangerous endeavor. A strong vampire can have its thralls hunt in its stead, but would have a higher chance to raise suspition.

With this idea, the thralls are being used as a resource and directly correlate how powerful a vampire is. A vampire could also chose to go into deep slumber, akin to death, if it is too dangerous for it to be alive. Doing so would trigger the CK2 death thing and pass the reign to the next heir. A sleeping vampire can wake up decades after, and assert its dominion over the current ruler of the province he slept in, becoming a threat (or ally?) to the current player.

Anyhow, this is just a thought. Have a nice day.

Currently the player has to feed on others until they build a "cattle ranch".  The biggest issue with hte ranch however, is that vampires still use health to make thralls and other vampires. The issue with that is the fact that vampire do not gain health from having the ranch and the "feed" decision is blacked by having the cattle ranch. 

8 hours ago, zia said:

Currently the player has to feed on others until they build a "cattle ranch".  The biggest issue with hte ranch however, is that vampires still use health to make thralls and other vampires. The issue with that is the fact that vampire do not gain health from having the ranch and the "feed" decision is blacked by having the cattle ranch. 

This has been discussed in the discord, and will be fixed in the next version