DW UUNP Armor Matching High Heels

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

Make heel sounds a master, and change the SNDD to that AngelFSTHeelsFootstepSet

That is it. ?

Is that going to make "Heels Sound" a dependency? Is there a way to set it up to default back to the original footstep sound?  While I don't mind having Heels sound as a requirement, I'm sure someone will hate it.

26 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

Is that going to make "Heels Sound" a dependency? Is there a way to set it up to default back to the original footstep sound?  While I don't mind having Heels sound as a requirement, I'm sure someone will hate it.

Yes that makes heel sounds a dependency, which is why you do it with a patch instead of directly changing the ESP.

To turn it back to the original sound you just need to deactivate the patch. or change the SNDD value back to what it was

In the example given that would be the FSTArmorHeavystepSet

Spoiler

image.png.2fdc85df67e6c7828ca34754bb7c083d.png

51 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

MO2.  I'll mess around more tomorrow....

So MO2 what you want to do is double click DW on the left side to open the addition info box and find the conflict tab

Mine of course shows no conflicts but yours might

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b6ceb5e46d773f01d2e8597318ee1b41.png

Here is an example of a conflict like the one you are looking for

In this image you see that TAWoBA Bikini_4_o.nif is being overwritten by the mod BakaFactory Bikini Quest (in this case it isn't a problem I WANT this to happen ? But this is what it looks like). If anything is overwriting the NIFs from DW it will cause your heels to not appear in game.  

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c6488263d464ee5b014606fccb8b424a.png

Alright.... I did a new install of DW Heel replacer and put it last in my load order. Had my character wear iron boots and checked on where they came from in the console.

Female model: DarkWing\Iron Heel\boots_1.nif - works!

Did the same for steel boots:

Steel Cuffed Boots: DarkWing\Steel Heel\boots_1.nif - works!

Looked up and added "vampire boots" in the console.

Vampire Boots: DLC01\Clothes\Vampire\VampireBootsF_1.nif

Does not work! So it looks like the default vampire boots are not being replaced by the Darkwing ones.

3 hours ago, bubba999 said:

Alright.... I did a new install of DW Heel replacer and put it last in my load order. Had my character wear iron boots and checked on where they came from in the console.

Female model: DarkWing\Iron Heel\boots_1.nif - works!

Did the same for steel boots:

Steel Cuffed Boots: DarkWing\Steel Heel\boots_1.nif - works!

Looked up and added "vampire boots" in the console.

Vampire Boots: DLC01\Clothes\Vampire\VampireBootsF_1.nif

Does not work! So it looks like the default vampire boots are not being replaced by the Darkwing ones.

I believe there are at least 3 "vampire boots" in default skyrim.

There is an armor "vampire boot" (which is the one my replacer should replace)

There is a clothing "vampire boot" (which looks totally different then the armor one and my replacer does not replace)

Then there is a third "vampire boot" that I believe is for special NPCs only and will not appear in your inventory if you attempt to add them. 

On 2/26/2020 at 8:37 AM, Darkwing241 said:

I believe there are at least 3 "vampire boots" in default skyrim.

There is an armor "vampire boot" (which is the one my replacer should replace)

There is a clothing "vampire boot" (which looks totally different then the armor one and my replacer does not replace)

Then there is a third "vampire boot" that I believe is for special NPCs only and will not appear in your inventory if you attempt to add them. 

I'm running into the same issue. All the other boots work just fine (and look really sweat btw love this mods) but the armour 'vampire boot' remains unchanged

4 hours ago, bubba999 said:

I think I found the problem with the vampire boots  This is from TESEdit showing that Vampire boots weren't added. (Did I mention I love your mod? I wouldn't be so annoying if I didn't!)

Vampire Boots.png

Same problem I found! thanks for the help I would have had a fix out sooner but I work 12+ hours on thursdays :/

So I tried my hand at making official sound patches.  I'm not 100% confident I did everything right but they work great in my tests.  The only thing I am not happy with is that the replacer version is going to make the male boots of each type play the heels sound.  As far as I know there isn't a way to easily fix this as Male/Female boots share an armorAA.

2 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

Does anyone know if nexus is still shitty about mention of LL existing? I would like to host these sound patches on my nexus page as well, but High Heels Sounds is LL exclusive as far as I know.

I have (recently) seen mods that specifically mention LL, but I don't know if they're rogue or if Nexus is Ok with it now.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:47 AM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

I have (recently) seen mods that specifically mention LL, but I don't know if they're rogue or if Nexus is Ok with it now.

On 3/3/2020 at 6:01 AM, Corsayr said:

In place of a speculative answer I offer this. I think their position may have softened ?

Nexus goes into overdrive with connecting mods to LL.

Maybe Nexus moderators have the corona virus or they have hanged their banning policies.

15 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Hello,
could you please make an all in one .esp for your next replacer version. Well I mean an all in one .esp that already contains Heelsound and not just adds it as an additional .esp.

unfortunately no, I mean I could but then I should probably do the stand alone as well, and then that's just two more things I have to update every time I want to do a release.  A patch is better for most users and should be able to be merged on your end to not take up two .esp slots.

An alternative is to just make the edit yourself in the creation kit and maintain your own personal version for your use.  All you have to do it go into the armorAA and change the sound.  It's like 2 clicks.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Sound patches: require the corresponding main file as well as https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1795-heels-sound/ be aware that the the replacer sound file is going to replace the sound for male boots as well.

Male boots too?  That will be odd ?

Odd for sure, I don't know any way to fix it though, since the footstep is assigned to the armorAA instead of the nif, and the nif is basically the only part of the armor that is gendered.  Maybe there would be some way to make an overriding "every female plays high heel sounds?" I also know that YPS immersive fashion has some way to detect if a character is wearing heels so that's something as well.

18 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

Odd for sure, I don't know any way to fix it though, since the footstep is assigned to the armorAA instead of the nif, and the nif is basically the only part of the armor that is gendered.  Maybe there would be some way to make an overriding "every female plays high heel sounds?" I also know that YPS immersive fashion has some way to detect if a character is wearing heels so that's something as well.

sadly what you needs is a way for the Armor record to send males to one ArmorAA and females to a different ArmorAA (this is how helmets for beast races are done.) 

But unlike in the beast race helm situation, there is no qualifying argument for male/female in the Armor/ArmorAA record that can act as a traffic cop for this.

so the only way really to clear this up is to fix Heel Sounds to add a condition to the sound descriptor GetIsSex = Female 

to do this right then you would need copies of all these sound descriptors with a GetIsSex = Male outcome pointing to the original sound file. or males would have no footstep sound

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d74649464e2218f38cbbfbc4055dce83.png

it is actually worse than that, everything (almost) has to be duplicated in High Heel Sound master

because what you basically need to do is set it up so the operations play 2 sounds for every action, but only one actually plays because the other gets conditioned out of the equation by the results of the GetIsSex qualifier... ?

on a grand scheme of things it is pretty easy, buy trying to line it up in my head makes me dizzy... ?

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

it is actually worse than that, everything (almost) has to be duplicated in High Heel Sound master

because what you basically need to do is set it up so the operations play 2 sounds for every action, but only one actually plays because the other gets conditioned out of the equation by the results of the GetIsSex qualifier... ?

on a grand scheme of things it is pretty easy, buy trying to line it up in my head makes me dizzy... ?

Probably way beyond my ability, and also a little outside of my interest area, especially considering I don't even use the replacer version myself.