DW UUNP Armor Matching High Heels

21 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Sound patches: require the corresponding main file as well as https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1795-heels-sound/ be aware that the the replacer sound file is going to replace the sound for male boots as well.

Male boots too?  That will be odd ?

5 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

Odd for sure, I don't know any way to fix it though, since the footstep is assigned to the armorAA instead of the nif, and the nif is basically the only part of the armor that is gendered.  Maybe there would be some way to make an overriding "every female plays high heel sounds?" I also know that YPS immersive fashion has some way to detect if a character is wearing heels so that's something as well.

This should fix most of it

DW Heel Sound NPC no HH sound for dudes patch.7z

2 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Hello Darkwing,

any chance to release this in SE with CBBE? Especially with the Bikini Armor addon. It would be awesome.

Peace,

M

So this mod was a learning project, SE is still quite inferior to LE, when/if SE becomes fully functional I will switch over (just like everyone else will)  until then there doesn't seem to be much reason for me to learn how to convert my mod.  So one day, but probably not soon.

Old school CBBE will never see support period.  Supporting outdated technology only encourages people to use it and actively blocks the progress of the overall modding community. 

The good news is that UUNP can produce a identical appearing body in your game.  If you like the look of CBBE you can already get my boots to appear that way in your game.  They will even work alongside outdated static CBBE armors.

19 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

So this mod was a learning project, SE is still quite inferior to LE, when/if SE becomes fully functional I will switch over (just like everyone else will)  until then there doesn't seem to be much reason for me to learn how to convert my mod.  So one day, but probably not soon.

Old school CBBE will never see support period.  Supporting outdated technology only encourages people to use it and actively blocks the progress of the overall modding community. 

The good news is that UUNP can produce a identical appearing body in your game.  If you like the look of CBBE you can already get my boots to appear that way in your game.  They will even work alongside outdated static CBBE armors.

I really mean no offense, but I think SE is ahead of LE now. The 64 bit engine enables very good physics (CBBE SMP), which simply crashed my game in LE after a while. But there is an even better than that now, the CBBE 3BBB. SE also has High Heel Framework and it has most of the armor mods converted already.

In LE I never used CBBE, I was an UUNP fan all the way. Unfortunately, there is no official support for UUNP in SE (although it is possible to hack Bodyslide to support it). In SE though it is easier to use CBBE and I'm talking about some physics enabled version, I don't think anyone uses static CBBE.

Earlier this year I privately converted the only missing mod (for me at least) to SE (there was no official conversion as the author is away from LL) and started a new game. Atm I run a game with 250+ mods and it is very stable. In LE I had trouble keeping this many mods safely going together, but the 64 bit engine is really good. Unfortunately I can't convert your  mod, because it would actually require modding skills. :) Normally the "conversion" is just saving the mod in the SE CK, but your mod requires a master which has different name in SE (USEEP).

I'm not sure what you meant by SE "becoming fully functional". I'd like to encourage you to play some with it, even if you don't want to convert your mod yet.

Peace,

M

2 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I really mean no offense, but I think SE is ahead of LE now. The 64 bit engine enables very good physics (CBBE SMP), which simply crashed my game in LE after a while. But there is an even better than that now, the CBBE 3BBB. SE also has High Heel Framework and it has most of the armor mods converted already.

In LE I never used CBBE, I was an UUNP fan all the way. Unfortunately, there is no official support for UUNP in SE (although it is possible to hack Bodyslide to support it). In SE though it is easier to use CBBE and I'm talking about some physics enabled version, I don't think anyone uses static CBBE.

Earlier this year I privately converted the only missing mod (for me at least) to SE (there was no official conversion as the author is away from LL) and started a new game. Atm I run a game with 250+ mods and it is very stable. In LE I had trouble keeping this many mods safely going together, but the 64 bit engine is really good. Unfortunately I can't convert your  mod, because it would actually require modding skills. :) Normally the "conversion" is just saving the mod in the SE CK, but your mod requires a master which has different name in SE (USEEP).

I'm not sure what you meant by SE "becoming fully functional". I'd like to encourage you to play some with it, even if you don't want to convert your mod yet.

Peace,

M

It's fair to say that SE has some advantages over LE.  The main one being reliability when using huge numbers of mods.  Although that's usually just an ease of use thing since it's not all that hard to combine mods to reduce your total count.

As far as I know SE is slowly getting there, but I'm the wrong person to have this conversation with.  Many of the highly technical mods don't function in SE, or at least their developers say they don't.  Which is good enough to for me.  Until all the mods I like go to SE it's not really worth digging into.

33 minutes ago, GGDX said:

Can you maybe adapt your TAWOBA mod to work with Bikini Maiden?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85739?tab=description

I'm going to have to say no.

I've never used it, as I basically don't even use TAWOBA, I used it for one game of SLS and that was it.  I don't know exactly how bikini maiden works but I imagine it would be easy to just repoint the armorAA at my nifs. I just have no interest in maintaining a million patches for a bunch of mods I don't use.

Is there a reason you can't just use the stand alone version and craft a pair? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, bubba999 said:

Ok, this is driving me nuts! I cannot get the vampire heels to show up in game. Installed replacer version, ran bodyslide, low in load order and nothing. Any ideas?

There may be a problem with the armoraa, maybe it just didn't get updated for some reason. 

I don't personally use the replacer version so it's fairly under tested.  Thanks for alerting me to the problem.  I hope everything else is working well.

Look for an update to be posted in the next day or two.

5 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

There may be a problem with the armoraa, maybe it just didn't get updated for some reason. 

I don't personally use the replacer version so it's fairly under tested.  Thanks for alerting me to the problem.  I hope everything else is working well.

Look for an update to be posted in the next day or two.

Thank you. Yes, everything else seems to be showing up ok.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Is there a chance to get an SE version?

Not in the short term. I really hate the split SE caused in the modding community.  Too many important mods don't function in SE for me to support it.  I made this mod (in part) to support the modding community.  I do not want my work used to help draw more players away from the community I am part of.

• 3 years later...
On 5/1/2020 at 6:47 PM, TheBlackBarth said:

For anyone interested on trying this on SE, you only need to convert the meshes with Cathedral Asset Optimizer and save the ESP on Creation Kit and they work fine even with CBBE SE. Heels worked properly and there wasn't any clipping.

How about sharing the file with the rest of the class?

1 hour ago, ChandraArgentis said:

How about sharing the file with the rest of the class?

So two things here, the first is that this request is super fucked up. Especially immediately following a post explaining why a mod author isn't releasing an se version. Just extremely unethical all around.  

Despite that, you are in luck there is actually an se version in the works. Good things happen even to terrible people.

3 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

So two things here, the first is that this request is super fucked up. Especially immediately following a post explaining why a mod author isn't releasing an se version. Just extremely unethical all around.  

Despite that, you are in luck there is actually an se version in the works. Good things happen even to terrible people.

No, there's absolutely nothing "fucked up" about asking for the files from a guy who claimed to have already gotten it working - especially when the author does have the time to do it themselves.

Edited by ChandraArgentis
Just now, ChandraArgentis said:

No, there's absolutely nothing "fucked up" about asking for the files from a guy who claimed to have already gotten it working - especially when the author does have the time to do it themselves.

Do you know who you are talking to? I am the author of this mod.  No you may not redistribute it without permission.  No you do not have permission to do that.  

What blackbarth wants to do on their own computer is there business, what you do on yours is your business, but when you step out into the community you need to ask for permission to republish.