Arousal Based Breast Adjuster for SE (ABBA)

• 1 month later...

Hi all and especially Pfiffy! ?

I decided to install Skyrim again after a bit of a hiatus. I wondered if my old mods would still work in AE so here I am back again. ABBA seems to work fine in AE with the latest Racemenu but be sure and set "MemoryManager = false" in the SSEEngineFixes config file, otherwise Racemenu morphs stop working after a while (in my experience anyway).

In other news I "might" ? be working on ABBA version 6+ which combines ABBA with ABBA Outift into 1 mod and adds more questy things to do.

I'm also working with the guy behind "BodyMod" which uses "Skyrim Platform" to remove the need for a load of the papyrus work where body morphing is concerned. This will be an optional addon and not a requirement if I can get it to do what I want. At this point I have it "sort of" working but it still needs a lot of work - it's definitely interesting all the same.

Skyrim platform is a bit of a bone of contention as it doesn't play well with MO2 - uses a lot of cpu power, 30% more in my case compared to before installing it. If you just put it in the game folder the performance is better but I'm not sure if it's worth it unless using it for a bunch of other plugins. I'd definitely be interested in hearing other folks opinion on it.

Edited by Yinkle
35 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

Hi all and especially Pfiffy! ?

I decided to install Skyrim again after a bit of a hiatus. I wondered if my old mods would still work in AE so here I am back again. ABBA seems to work fine in AE with the latest Racemenu but be sure and set "MemoryManager = false" in the SSEEngineFixes config file, otherwise Racemenu morphs stop working after a while (in my experience anyway).

In other news I "might" ? be working on ABBA version 6+ which combines ABBA with ABBA Outift into 1 mod and adds more questy things to do.

I'm also working with the guy behind "BodyMod" which uses "Skyrim Platform" to remove the need for a load of the papyrus work where body morphing is concerned. This will be an optional addon and not a requirement if I can get it to do what I want. At this point I have it "sort of" working but it still needs a lot of work - it's definitely interesting all the same.

Skyrim platform is a bit of a bone of contention as it doesn't play well with MO2 - uses a lot of cpu power, 30% more in my case compared to before installing it. If you just put it in the game folder the performance is better but I'm not sure if it's worth it unless using it for a bunch of other plugins. I'd definitely be interested in hearing other folks opinion on it.

Welcome back, i hope you will continue the good work, you did in the past. ABBA is one of the mods in my list, that i would really miss. More quest are always welcome. I have BodyMod on my watchlist, because i thought, i will need something to replace ABBA, when i go AE. Good to know, it will be working in AE. "Skyrim platform" is new to me, i guess i have to investigate it, But 30% is a big number.

Are you looking for new ideas for for ABBA 6+? i have some ideas for custom sliders, that would expand the functionality....

P:S. Without your avatar i did not recognize you, when i started to read your post. I hope you still have the picture and still like it^^

2 hours ago, monty359 said:

Are you looking for new ideas for for ABBA 6+? i have some ideas for custom sliders, that would expand the functionality....

Always open to suggestions but getting my current plans done will be first priority

2 hours ago, monty359 said:

P:S. Without your avatar i did not recognize you, when i started to read your post. I hope you still have the picture and still like it^^

3 hours ago, Yinkle said:

Nice to have you back Yinkle. 

Regarding Skyrim Platform.... Well!! 

I used it for a while as it was a requirement for one mod I had installed. It was a problematic experience to say least, with several ctds. I used to all the techniques to resolve/discover the issue. No joy. I use MO2 and was also completely frustrated with the constant adding to the overwrite folder (for what appeared to be no reason).

In the end I removed SP as I felt the one mod that required it wasn't worth the hassle to my load order. 

Hopefully this info will be helpful to you. 

1 hour ago, General Neondaze said:

Nice to have you back Yinkle. 

Thanks fella! Hope you are well :)

1 hour ago, General Neondaze said:

Regarding Skyrim Platform.... Well!! 

I used it for a while as it was a requirement for one mod I had installed. It was a problematic experience to say least, with several ctds. I used to all the techniques to resolve/discover the issue. No joy. I use MO2 and was also completely frustrated with the constant adding to the overwrite folder (for what appeared to be no reason).

In the end I removed SP as I felt the one mod that required it wasn't worth the hassle to my load order. 

Hopefully this info will be helpful to you. 

Aye it's a tricky one, as I said I put SP into the game folder bypassing MO2 and it definitely reduced the cpu usage. It still writes like crazy to a log file and god knows what else it's doing, this is with no plugins installed too - I fear for my poor computer! ?

The thing is that with bodymod sending morph instructions to skee.dll without the need for hundreds of calls to papyrus scripts it really does work well. You can watch boobs grow and shrink very smoothly on multiple actors with hardly any fps loss - hard to believe I know!

Edited by Yinkle

The guy making bodymod is open to ideas and suggestions - it's still in early development and will defo get better and more user friendly. By the looks SP is still in active development too and they hope to make performance improvements "soon".

For now I'll focus on getting ABBA 6.(insert a number here) out for your enjoyment with good ole' nioverride morphs :)

On 8/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, Yinkle said:

Thanks fella! Hope you are well :)

All good here thx. ?

On 8/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, Yinkle said:

You can watch boobs grow and shrink very smoothly on multiple actors with hardly any fps loss - hard to believe I know!

Now that sounds like a good reason for a strip night at the Sleeping Giant! I ?

I need some help, I am using cbbe 3be body and clothing, installed every requirement and even tested it without using mods that require nemesis and have no warnings when running my fnis. So in short, i basically only have everything needed for this mod installed. There are no morph changes when arousal is changed, even after waiting. The text shows up that a morph is supposed to happen like " Breast swell with desire" as an example. even after resetting the mod in game it picks up that my character is morphed but there are no visual changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am on the newest version of Skyrim SE.

Edited by Trexl
2 hours ago, Trexl said:

I need some help, I am using cbbe 3be body and clothing, installed every requirement and even tested it without using mods that require nemesis and have no warnings when running my fnis. So in short, i basically only have everything needed for this mod installed. There are no morph changes when arousal is changed, even after waiting. The text shows up that a morph is supposed to happen like " Breast swell with desire" as an example. even after resetting the mod in game it picks up that my character is morphed but there are no visual changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am on the newest version of Skyrim SE.

set "MemoryManager = false" in the SSEEngineFixes config file

I'm not sure how this mod would work with nemesis, it was meant to work with fnis but that shouldn't affect morphs.

22 hours ago, Yinkle said:

set "MemoryManager = false" in the SSEEngineFixes config file

I'm not sure how this mod would work with nemesis, it was meant to work with fnis but that shouldn't affect morphs.

Tried that and it didn't work, however after reinstalling CBBE 3BA it worked simply because i replaced everything with the .nif file of that mod. so when the character is naked it works then. but the moment i try and use bodyslide it doesn't work anymore.

This is what the modlist is atm. everything works except abba apparently

ModList_2022-08-16T21-43-59.txt

Edited by Trexl
added mod list

@Yinkle

here is a proposal for the ABBA 6+ version. It is a big one:

Would you consider to ABBA to the Toys&Love Framework? If you are not familiar with it, it is here on loverslab present. Here is a link to the webpage of the mod family. Here is a current discussion about pros and cons of the framework.

thanks, whatever your decision will be

8 hours ago, monty359 said:

@Yinkle

here is a proposal for the ABBA 6+ version. It is a big one:

Would you consider to ABBA to the Toys&Love Framework? If you are not familiar with it, it is here on loverslab present. Here is a link to the webpage of the mod family. Here is a current discussion about pros and cons of the framework.

thanks, whatever your decision will be

I might be if I knew why this would be useful. The reason I say this is that there has been no request for ABBA to have DD compatibility and I'd imagine that would have been asked for ages ago if needed.

Edited by Yinkle
4 hours ago, Yinkle said:

I might be if I knew why this would be useful. The reason I say this is that there has been no request for ABBA to have DD compatibility and I'd imagine that would have been asked for ages ago if needed.

Here is a link to the conversation i already posted, but different post from the dev. It is practically a concentration of highlights of the mod/modfamily. VirginMarie is asked lots of criticl questions in the tread, if you read her responses, you should get most of your questions answered.

Bottomline:

Toys&Love is not only about DD compatibility. It is a fully new Framework, that is capable to be an alternative for SexLab. The only thing, that is missing, is the compatibility of most quest and utillity mods.

If i am not wrong, ABBA relatively light on animation starting.

thanks

Edited by monty359
8 hours ago, Yinkle said:

Toys&Love is not just a DD alternative, its an alternative to DD, SLA, and SL. 3 framework in one. Bondage, Rousing, and Love Scenes.

If you are currently getting the arousal level from SLA to inflate breasts, the equivalent for someone with Toys&Love installed is Rousing. Rousing can be seen in the Rousing Bar (a widget).

If the user has both Toys&Love and SLA installed, Toys&Love is optimally syncing Arousal with Rousing, thus as long as they opt in to sync, your mod is already seeing the contribution of Rousing when you get the value from SLA.

However, if a user has not installed SLA, or opted out of syncing, you'd need to go direct. You can do this, with a soft dependency (no need to make Toys&Love a requirement) with this...

Bool ToysInstalled = Quest.GetQuest("toysframework")

If ToysInstalled
    Int Rousing = ToysGlobal.GetRousing()

<do stuff with rousing>

More on the general topic of using Toys&Love here... Mod Authors - Using Toys&Love - Traditional / Soft / Script-less 

Maybe the breasts should go super nova when the player is Oversexed, or Overheating :P  

Concepts that you wont find in the other mods. But it would give you an interesting visual cue to know you are oversexed.

Edited by VirginMarie
6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Toys&Love is not just a DD alternative, its an alternative to DD, SLA, and SL. 3 framework in one. Bondage, Rousing, and Love Scenes.

If you are currently getting the arousal level from SLA to inflate breasts, the equivalent for someone with Toys&Love installed is Rousing. Rousing can be seen in the Rousing Bar (a widget).

If the user has both Toys&Love and SLA installed, Toys&Love is optimally syncing Arousal with Rousing, thus as long as they opt in to sync, your mod is already seeing the contribution of Rousing when you get the value from SLA.

However, if a user has not installed SLA, or opted out of syncing, you'd need to go direct. You can do this, with a soft dependency (no need to make Toys&Love a requirement) with this...

Bool ToysInstalled = Quest.GetQuest("toysframework")

If ToysInstalled
    Int Rousing = ToysGlobal.GetRousing()

<do stuff with rousing>

More on the general topic of using Toys&Love here... Mod Authors - Using Toys&Love - Traditional / Soft / Script-less 

Maybe the breasts should go super nova when the player is Oversexed, or Overheating :P  

Concepts that you wont find in the other mods. But it would give you an interesting visual cue to know you are oversexed.

Looks like an interesting alternative, I'll have a proper read though the documentation and dm you any questions if that's ok? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 12:20 PM, monty359 said:

hi @Yinkle, i hope you are doing well.

How is the ABBA 6+ project going? Anything interesting you can share?

Is the SkyrimPlatform mod still developed? There appears to be no activity on the nexus page for that mod.

cheers

Hi, things are on hold just now as I wait for various skse plugins that I use to be updated (DAR being a biggy). It looks like SP (and body mod) are not being worked on. Both more trouble than they were worth in the end so I'll not be going down that route. Regarding the toys and love question you asked about earlier, this might be something I'll work on in future (no guarantees) but for now I just want to fix various things and improve on the last version of ABBA.

I don't envisage releasing anything for a while though, sorry about that.