Malware Report on Attachments

LongDukDong

Pretty much what the title suggests.

This didn't arise before, but in the past month I tried downloading some attachments, either within the PM system which allows attachments, or in a thread where I asked about certain 'book' mods.  When I attempted, my antivirus system kicked in, and refused to allow the download to proceed.  The antivirus system I use is called Avast.  And I know I'm not the only one who has encountered the issue, as the person whom I've been conversing within the PM system too has Avast and has run into the same attachment malware issues.

The message I receive every time:

We've safely aborted connection on www.loverslab.com because it was infected with URL:Mal.

If you are curious, the attachments were each made by different individuals, one being the other person in the PM conversation I already mentioned.   And no, it does not appear to be hampering the download manager, as I recently downloaded Fejeena's version of LoversImmoralGuards for Oblivion.

__o<

43 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

False positive? Doing a search I found some articles talking about how Avast does this quite frequently. "F*cking DLL! Avast false positive trashes Windows code libraries"; "Avast and AVG anti-virus are returning false positives" etc. I personally have not used a "antivirus" since 1998? or around there. 

then you can be pretty satisfied! :classic_laugh:
My case was a bit more dramatic, I was in the archived threads go, and suddenly my PC was no longer usable, I no longer had access!
I received a message in connection with an American telephone number, I should call there, so my PC is made accessible to me again.
My guess, would have I called there, then these people would have demanded a large sum of money.
and then would not have been sure that they would remove the barring.
So I helped myself. :classic_wink:

I was getting this recently, but something updated in the past few days, and it stopped happening, think it was windows itself that updated as I do not remember avast saying it was updating, though it could have been firefox, though all I know is I cam home from work to a rebooted pc, and afterwards avast no longer complains about those links.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:44 AM, LongDukDong said:

We've safely aborted connection on www.loverslab.com because it was infected with URL:Mal.

had the same warning from AVAST after downloading files via link on LL

only happend on LL

the files downloaded where clean

i read about the " False positives out the wazoo. " too

after some updates of Avast the warnings subsided

5 hours ago, Deimos said:

I've been getting hits lately just by being on the site with malwarebytes. 

In defense of Avast on the subject of false positives, it certainly appears that another product sees this as an issue.  There does seem to be a problem if two different products have given warnings.  Oh and screw AVG.  They began selling info on their subscribers back in 2015.

Even a page where I had uploaded my own attachments is also having ithe UR: Mal issues. 

I've been getting these recently too. One example would be here:

Trying to click any of the downloads in the first post brings up the Avast message.

And if you simply visit the download page for Better Bodies, without even clicking anything on the page, the Avast message will appear:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived