Sailing Rebel Posted September 2 Author Posted September 2 1 hour ago, unwashed biomass said: Weird as i didn't even started anything from this mod, just starting out new game. Can that scene be cleared from NPC by some console command? I had a quick look at the CB plugin, and I'm not confident that this is the source of the problem. The scene ID only involves two specific goblin actors, so it's not going to be interfering with Meeko. The bug in the MCM might be misidentifying the ID as well as the source. You may need to use More Informative Console to check Meeko's active packages and aliases to see what quests he may be involved in. You could also enable the Aroused Creatures > General Settings > Debug option, then use the Target Select key on him. If he is blocked, this will provide additional info to the Papyrus log and in-game console, hopefully including a more accurate quest ID for the running scene.
unwashed biomass Posted September 2 Posted September 2 (edited) 9 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said: Stopping scenes or quests like that via console can prevent the rest of that mod from working. It might block future quest progression or disable features. You may be able to identify which quest the scene belongs to in xEdit and try to progress it to get to the end of that quest, or at least far enough into it to end that particular scene. Thing is i started happening on fresh game and scene seems to be attached to Meeko not me. My whole quests are there: Spoiler none of them seems to be from Carved Brink. I know now its not SLAC related problem/bug but maybe you may direct me how its happening. Seems random. One moment he is free, other he has this flag. Could killing/resurrect and disable/enable potentially fix that? Ok, ive pinpoinetd when it happens - when i quit game and load last save upon relaunching, funny thing when i load save before hes not bugged. Edited September 2 by unwashed biomass
Sailing Rebel Posted September 2 Author Posted September 2 1 hour ago, unwashed biomass said: Thing is i started happening on fresh game and scene seems to be attached to Meeko not me. My whole quests are there: none of them seems to be from Carved Brink. I know now its not SLAC related problem/bug but maybe you may direct me how its happening. Seems random. One moment he is free, other he has this flag. Could killing/resurrect and disable/enable potentially fix that? Ok, ive pinpoinetd when it happens - when i quit game and load last save upon relaunching, funny thing when i load save before hes not bugged. The quest will not necessarily appear in your log. Quests are used as controllers for a lot of functionality an behaviours besides the RPG elements. For instance, that Carved Brink quest we were looking at just plays a scene in which two goblins say a couple of things, and it won't appear in the log. It's completed just be letting them finish their dialogue. At this stage we'd have to have a look at a papyrus log for a game in which the Aroused Creatures > General Settings > Debug option is enabled and the Target Select key is used on Meeko.
Taco_Pete Posted September 3 Posted September 3 (edited) On 9/1/2026 at 10:06 PM, Sailing Rebel said: If MatchMaker is not working, it typically means there are no animations installed for that creature race with a male actor. I grabbed the automated SLSB conversions because I cant rebuild/clean/register with SLP+ Now I have a bunch of animations from MNC and HCOS registered. But I still cannot start animations. I get "you and said creature cannot make it work" Everything is green in Debug/help and it passes the tests. Edited September 3 by Taco_Pete
Sailing Rebel Posted September 3 Author Posted September 3 3 hours ago, Taco_Pete said: I grabbed the automated SLSB conversions because I cant rebuild/clean/register with SLP+ Now I have a bunch of animations from MNC and HCOS registered. But I still cannot start animations. I get "you and said creature cannot make it work" Everything is green in Debug/help and it passes the tests. The NOTHREAD failure code indicates a problem with SexLab itself. It means that an attempt was made to start an animation and SL failed or rejected it. SLAC has a lot of preliminary checks that would normally stop it from reaching this failure state. It seems like there is something seriously wrong with the SLP+ installation for it to get that far. 1
Taco_Pete Posted September 4 Posted September 4 On 9/3/2026 at 6:10 AM, Sailing Rebel said: The NOTHREAD failure code indicates a problem with SexLab itself. It means that an attempt was made to start an animation and SL failed or rejected it. SLAC has a lot of preliminary checks that would normally stop it from reaching this failure state. It seems like there is something seriously wrong with the SLP+ installation for it to get that far. I removed my outdated SLP+ and grabbed the newest version as well as the latest SLSB Conversions. Then ran Pandora. But I'm still getting NOTHREAD with random msgs like "___ is not interested" or "You and ____ couldn't make it work" etc. As before, all checks and tests are green in AC help, all animations (MNC/HCOS/Billy/Ace/etc) are all showing and toggled in SL. Any suggestions on what I could try next? Any known incompatible mods I should know about?
Sailing Rebel Posted September 5 Author Posted September 5 1 hour ago, Taco_Pete said: I removed my outdated SLP+ and grabbed the newest version as well as the latest SLSB Conversions. Then ran Pandora. But I'm still getting NOTHREAD with random msgs like "___ is not interested" or "You and ____ couldn't make it work" etc. As before, all checks and tests are green in AC help, all animations (MNC/HCOS/Billy/Ace/etc) are all showing and toggled in SL. Any suggestions on what I could try next? Any known incompatible mods I should know about? If no SL mods are working, then something is wrong with the SLP+ installation. You'll need to ask in either the SLP+ support thread or discord. If it's just Aroused Creatures not working, then we'll need to look at a papyrus log from a session in which the Aroused Creatures MCM > General Settings > Debug option is enabled. 1
Taco_Pete Posted September 6 Posted September 6 (edited) On 9/4/2026 at 7:31 PM, Sailing Rebel said: If no SL mods are working, then something is wrong with the SLP+ installation. You'll need to ask in either the SLP+ support thread or discord. If it's just Aroused Creatures not working, then we'll need to look at a papyrus log from a session in which the Aroused Creatures MCM > General Settings > Debug option is enabled. Matchmaker wasn't working either, however - Acheron's Defeat/hunters pride mechanism did trigger creature animations. So I know at least some animations are there and can play🤷♂️. But it was making the PC the dominant one even tho I just got defeated so that's a whole other issue. One that I thought I had checked every MCM setting for but apparently not the right ones. As far as the logs go, I can eventually get those, but I'm not going to try to install AC again until I can get creature animations working properly first. Edited September 6 by Taco_Pete
aeon888 Posted September 8 Posted September 8 sorry if this was an answered question, but is pandora an absolute requirement, or can it still work with FNIS as well?
eflat01 Posted September 8 Posted September 8 4 hours ago, aeon888 said: sorry if this was an answered question, but is pandora an absolute requirement, or can it still work with FNIS as well? FNIS works fine 1
Taco_Pete Posted September 13 Posted September 13 On 9/4/2026 at 7:31 PM, Sailing Rebel said: If no SL mods are working, then something is wrong with the SLP+ installation. You'll need to ask in either the SLP+ support thread or discord. If it's just Aroused Creatures not working, then we'll need to look at a papyrus log from a session in which the Aroused Creatures MCM > General Settings > Debug option is enabled. I got everything working except the dialogue. i suspect it has something to do with Carry My Stuff Horse or Simplest Horses as they are part of my modlist/collection.
Sailing Rebel Posted September 13 Author Posted September 13 4 hours ago, Taco_Pete said: I got everything working except the dialogue. i suspect it has something to do with Carry My Stuff Horse or Simplest Horses as they are part of my modlist/collection. Dialogue with horses is specifically blocked by default to avoid conflicts with expected behaviour and ensure compatibility with horse mods. Even with horse dialogue enabled, some conditions will prevent dialogue with the player's horse to avoid breaking things. Some horse mods use a "talking activator" to intercept activation of horses. SLAC will try not to interfere with this as it can lead to unexpected results. You can try configuring the Invite key to open creature dialogue, which can work around this situations. 1
whatiamdoingrightnow Posted September 15 Posted September 15 Hey guys, I am trying to fix an issue with my SL Aroused Creature but I couldn't seem to make it work, so I just want to ask for some help. I set Y as my invitation hotkey, and for some reasons, the animation never starts. Looking at "Help" in MCM, it says No animation for creature (...), but this doesn't make any sense for me, because it seems I already installed and loaded everything: - OSL Aroused - Sexlab - Sexlab P+ - Creature Framework - Billy Animation Pack - SLSB Conversion Patch (From Billy download itself) - More Nasty Critter - ExperimentalSexLabCreaturesV1-66bToSLALConversion (From MNC download - it says "removes creature animations from sexlab and re-adds them as a SLAL Pack.") - Sexlab Aroused Creatures - Pandora Output (This is also my load order on MO2, including other dependencies that i haven't listed) * I ran Pandora before launch -> There are things like FNIS Creatures there (27k+ animations) so there might not be issue * I toggle on Sexlab Creature in MCM * The Sexlab Animation MCM shows a lot of Billy Animation there and they are all turned on * Of course, I checked and everything I downloaded are for SE/AE 1.6.1170 Anyone knows what issue i am having? I really appreciate the help, thank you.
Sailing Rebel Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 5 hours ago, whatiamdoingrightnow said: Hey guys, I am trying to fix an issue with my SL Aroused Creature but I couldn't seem to make it work, so I just want to ask for some help. I set Y as my invitation hotkey, and for some reasons, the animation never starts. Looking at "Help" in MCM, it says No animation for creature (...), but this doesn't make any sense for me, because it seems I already installed and loaded everything: - OSL Aroused - Sexlab - Sexlab P+ - Creature Framework - Billy Animation Pack - SLSB Conversion Patch (From Billy download itself) - More Nasty Critter - ExperimentalSexLabCreaturesV1-66bToSLALConversion (From MNC download - it says "removes creature animations from sexlab and re-adds them as a SLAL Pack.") - Sexlab Aroused Creatures - Pandora Output (This is also my load order on MO2, including other dependencies that i haven't listed) * I ran Pandora before launch -> There are things like FNIS Creatures there (27k+ animations) so there might not be issue * I toggle on Sexlab Creature in MCM * The Sexlab Animation MCM shows a lot of Billy Animation there and they are all turned on * Of course, I checked and everything I downloaded are for SE/AE 1.6.1170 Anyone knows what issue i am having? I really appreciate the help, thank you. Not sure if the experimental MNC build is supported by the current Automated SLSB Conversions yet. Enable the matchmaker spells in the SexLab MCM and use those to try and start an animation with a creature. If this does not work, then there is likely an issue with the SLP+ installation or configuration. If it does work, then the issue may be with SLAC. In that case we'll need to look at a papyrus log for a session in which the Aroused Creatures MCM > General Settings > Debug option is enabled.
whatiamdoingrightnow Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Thank you Sailing Rebel, the issue is indeed the experimental MNC build. I turned it off and the SLAC works great! 1
Littlez_ Posted September 20 Posted September 20 I've been having problems with the latest version of this mod for quite some time now. I'm using the latest version of SexLab P+, and for a while now, whenever an animal tries to pursue my character or an NPC, I always get a message saying that the creature is not interested or doesn't know what to do. This problem only occurs with the more recent versions of SLAC. This is the error that appears in the console:
Sailing Rebel Posted September 20 Author Posted September 20 1 minute ago, Littlez_ said: I've been having problems with the latest version of this mod for quite some time now. I'm using the latest version of SexLab P+, and for a while now, whenever an animal tries to pursue my character or an NPC, I always get a message saying that the creature is not interested or doesn't know what to do. This problem only occurs with the more recent versions of SLAC. This is the error that appears in the console: The error in the console, "StartSex: not enough actors", is unusual. It should not be possible for it to get that far with no actors in the call. Reinstall SLAC and make absolutely sure nothing is overriding its files. If that does not work, we'd need to look at a full papyrus log for a session in which this issue is encountered.
Taco_Pete Posted September 22 Posted September 22 (edited) On 9/13/2026 at 7:02 AM, Sailing Rebel said: Dialogue with horses is specifically blocked by default to avoid conflicts with expected behaviour and ensure compatibility with horse mods. Even with horse dialogue enabled, some conditions will prevent dialogue with the player's horse to avoid breaking things. Some horse mods use a "talking activator" to intercept activation of horses. SLAC will try not to interfere with this as it can lead to unexpected results. You can try configuring the Invite key to open creature dialogue, which can work around this situations. Configuring the invite key to open horse dialogue did not seem to over-ride this. Is there a way I can tell which mod is interfering? would Immersive Interactions interfere? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47670 Edited September 22 by Taco_Pete
Sailing Rebel Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 10 hours ago, Taco_Pete said: Configuring the invite key to open horse dialogue did not seem to over-ride this. Is there a way I can tell which mod is interfering? would Immersive Interactions interfere? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47670 Its possible. I'm seeing some responses in the support thread for that would about issues with horse interaction. Otherwise, we might need to look at a papyrus log for a session in which the Aroused Creatures > Debug option is enabled and the issue is encountered. But that will only provide limited possible indicators. You could try using More Informative Console on an affected horses and dig through their Packages, Magic Effects, Aliases, Factions, etc, to see what other mods are doing with it. 1
IhnanhI Posted September 26 Posted September 26 (edited) I am running into a consistent headtracking bug that I have been unable to resolve. I apologize if this has already been discussed; I did my best to search through the existing forum pages first. After scenes conclude, either involving my character directly or NPCs near my character, my player character can become permanently stuck headtracking the location where the event occurred while using True Directional Movement. Once this happens, my character continually looks toward that point, and I could find only one solution to stop it. I tried: Selecting the apparent location/object through the console with More Informative Console Various console commands intended to reset the player Resetting the headtracking options in True Directional Movement Changing cells Reloading the save/game The only method I found that reliably clears the state is selecting the player and using recycleactor. Because that is a fairly intrusive command, I started looking through the scripts for a less destructive solution. I traced the cleanup path into slac_Utility and noticed something that may be related. During the non-full-clean path, NPC actors can receive ClearLookAt(), while the player is explicitly excluded: ElseIf akActor != PlayerRef akActor.ClearLookAt() I wondered whether this could allow a look-at state applied to the player during a scene to survive cleanup. My attempted change was simply: Else akActor.ClearLookAt() This would give the player the same ClearLookAt() fallback used for other actors during that cleanup path. I attempted to compile and test this change myself, but I was unable to recreate the required compile environment. Compilation eventually fails on SL P+ related dependencies, specifically CreateProxyArray, while my setup uses SexLab 1.66b. Providing the entire SL P+ folder only worsened the compile issues, and attempting to isolate the requested files did not help either. My current environment is: Skyrim SE/AE: 1.6.1170 SexLab: 1.66b True Directional Movement: 2.2.7 SLAC: 4.18.7 Otherwise, I have had no other significant problems with the mod and have been very impressed with how cleanly it has performed. Edited September 26 by IhnanhI
Sailing Rebel Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 (edited) 2 hours ago, IhnanhI said: I am running into a consistent headtracking bug that I have been unable to resolve. I apologize if this has already been discussed; I did my best to search through the existing forum pages first. After scenes conclude, either involving my character directly or NPCs near my character, my player character can become permanently stuck headtracking the location where the event occurred while using True Directional Movement. Once this happens, my character continually looks toward that point, and I could find only one solution to stop it. I tried: Selecting the apparent location/object through the console with More Informative Console Various console commands intended to reset the player Resetting the headtracking options in True Directional Movement Changing cells Reloading the save/game The only method I found that reliably clears the state is selecting the player and using recycleactor. Because that is a fairly intrusive command, I started looking through the scripts for a less destructive solution. I traced the cleanup path into slac_Utility and noticed something that may be related. During the non-full-clean path, NPC actors can receive ClearLookAt(), while the player is explicitly excluded: ElseIf akActor != PlayerRef akActor.ClearLookAt() I wondered whether this could allow a look-at state applied to the player during a scene to survive cleanup. My attempted change was simply: Else akActor.ClearLookAt() This would give the player the same ClearLookAt() fallback used for other actors during that cleanup path. I attempted to compile and test this change myself, but I was unable to recreate the required compile environment. Compilation eventually fails on SL P+ related dependencies, specifically CreateProxyArray, while my setup uses SexLab 1.66b. Providing the entire SL P+ folder only worsened the compile issues, and attempting to isolate the requested files did not help either. My current environment is: Skyrim SE/AE: 1.6.1170 SexLab: 1.66b True Directional Movement: 2.2.7 SLAC: 4.18.7 Otherwise, I have had no other significant problems with the mod and have been very impressed with how cleanly it has performed. Try cleaning the PC in the SLAC MCM Help page. That should trigger the slacAnimation.RestoreIK(akActor) function which will use ClearLookAt(). Of course, that will just be a temporary fix if it works, but it will tell you if the script changes will work. This is a tricky one. SLAC will generally only use ClearLookAt() on the player when triggering an invite animation. The function is used to avoid the strange wiggling from trying to both use the applied idle while applying look-at IK to the head and spine. After that, SLAC will not re-apply any look at function to the player. So the look-at manipulation begins and ends with the invite animation. This means the actual SetLookAt() that is causing problems here is probably coming from something else that might be failing during the SexLab animation. So editing the scripts might alleviate this, which is great, but it won't address the underlying issue of another mod failing to manage the look-at functions properly. The reason that SLAC does not ClearLookAt() for the player at the end of an SL animation is to avoid interfering with SLs IK management and any PC head tracking mods that might be installed. Yes, it's a necessary evil that the requirements for compiling SLAC have now inherited all the requirements for SLP+. I have CK configured to use an external folder for PSC files and dump everything I could possible need in there so it won't contaminate the game installation. CreationKit.ini: [Papyrus] sScriptSourceFolder="E:\Modding\Skyrim\Compiler\CK Merged Source" In the "CK Meged Source" folder I include: Vanilla Scripts SKSE SkyUI SkyUI SDK SexLab Framework SexLab PPlus Framework Acheron AEL Struggle JContainers Kris's Papyrus Extender Lovense API Mfg Fix PapyrusUtil Powerofthree's Papyrus Extender RaceMenu SexLab Aroused SexLab Aroused Creatures UIExtensions VRIK Player Avatar Hope that helps. Edited September 26 by Sailing Rebel Syntax
IhnanhI Posted September 27 Posted September 27 17 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said: Try cleaning the PC in the SLAC MCM Help page. That should trigger the slacAnimation.RestoreIK(akActor) function which will use ClearLookAt(). Of course, that will just be a temporary fix if it works, but it will tell you if the script changes will work. This is a tricky one. SLAC will generally only use ClearLookAt() on the player when triggering an invite animation. The function is used to avoid the strange wiggling from trying to both use the applied idle while applying look-at IK to the head and spine. After that, SLAC will not re-apply any look at function to the player. So the look-at manipulation begins and ends with the invite animation. This means the actual SetLookAt() that is causing problems here is probably coming from something else that might be failing during the SexLab animation. So editing the scripts might alleviate this, which is great, but it won't address the underlying issue of another mod failing to manage the look-at functions properly. The reason that SLAC does not ClearLookAt() for the player at the end of an SL animation is to avoid interfering with SLs IK management and any PC head tracking mods that might be installed. Yes, it's a necessary evil that the requirements for compiling SLAC have now inherited all the requirements for SLP+. I have CK configured to use an external folder for PSC files and dump everything I could possible need in there so it won't contaminate the game installation. CreationKit.ini: [Papyrus] sScriptSourceFolder="E:\Modding\Skyrim\Compiler\CK Merged Source" In the "CK Meged Source" folder I include: Vanilla Scripts SKSE SkyUI SkyUI SDK SexLab Framework SexLab PPlus Framework Acheron AEL Struggle JContainers Kris's Papyrus Extender Lovense API Mfg Fix PapyrusUtil Powerofthree's Papyrus Extender RaceMenu SexLab Aroused SexLab Aroused Creatures UIExtensions VRIK Player Avatar Hope that helps. First of all, thank you for sharing your compile environment. I am not as familiar with Skyrim modding as I'd like to be, and even if I never compile anything involving your code, it was very informative to see how to set up a proper external source environment moving forward. With your assurances, and your correction that I was tumbling down the wrong path within your code, I set about doing some more extensive testing this morning before touching anything. The TL;DR is that SLAC appears to be almost entirely exonerated, I now have a functional workaround, and the investigation is ongoing. I triggered a creature scene through SLAC, verified the stuck headtracking state, and was able to clear it in two different ways: Using Clean PC in SLAC's Help section. Using a tiny mod I made called Bonk the Headtracker, which is simply a Lesser Power whose effect calls akTarget.ClearLookAt() and produces a debug notification because I get warm and fuzzy when my code talks back to me. I then disabled SLAC entirely, enabled Creature Summoner, started a new game, triggered a creature scene, and reproduced the same stuck headtracking state. Bonk successfully cleared it there as well. At this point, the issue appears to involve creature scenes more generally rather than SLAC specifically. My investigation is going to move farther down the shared chain now, into MNC, Creature Framework, TDM, or some interaction between them. I apologize for besmirching your mod, which was already near the top of my stack in terms of stability and reliability and may have moved up another few notches after this. I did find one other behavior worth mentioning, although I am hesitant to call it a SLAC bug. During an earlier test, after a successful scene left the player in the stuck headtracking state, I used the recycleactor console command on the player to clear it. After doing so, SLAC's Aggressive Animations section began reporting that no aggressive animations were found, and SLAC scenes stopped occurring. Starting a new game restored normal behavior. Given how invasive recycleactor is, I suspect this is less "SLAC has a bug" and more "Faith needs to stop exercising her free will by embarking on questionable console command adventures," but I thought the behavior was worth documenting anyway. Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.
VictorAllen Posted Wednesday at 05:15 PM Posted Wednesday at 05:15 PM (edited) On 8/28/2026 at 11:12 PM, Mr.Gooner said: in case someone gets the same issue, i fixed it by reinstalling SKSE In my case, it's because I accidentally updated Papyrus Tweak NG to an experimental version (4.2.1), the error shows up when I use SLAC together with DOM (Diary Of Mine). Once I reverted Papyrus Tweak NG to the previous version (4.1.1), the error was fixed. Both mods initiate normally. Edited Wednesday at 05:44 PM by VictorAllen
xXDeliteXx Posted Friday at 01:54 PM Posted Friday at 01:54 PM won't allow me to assign invite key Even attempted to do manually via the .json in the plugins folder only get [???] no matter what in MCM
Sailing Rebel Posted Friday at 02:34 PM Author Posted Friday at 02:34 PM (edited) 53 minutes ago, xXDeliteXx said: won't allow me to assign invite key Even attempted to do manually via the .json in the plugins folder only get [???] no matter what in MCM Are you able to reassign keys in any other mods' menus? If not, then check that nothing is overriding the SkyUI files (In MO2 you may need to enabled Tools > Settings > Workarounds > Archive Parsing and reload the Data tab). Otherwise, we'll need to look at a papyrus log for a session in which the Aroused Creatures MCM > General Settings > Debug option is enabled and the issue is encountered. Edit: Also, check that SkyUI is up-to-date. There was a bug in a previous version that prevented confirmation dialogues from opening. Which could impact hotkey assignment. Edited Friday at 02:48 PM by Sailing Rebel
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now