Who would be willing to test Ivy's uninstall application for me?

Requirements:

- .NET Framework 4.0

- Make a full copy of your Fallout 4 (so you can restore it later)

- Have Ivy 4.0 installed

No, seriously:

Testing:

- Empty your recycle bin (the one on your computer.. but you could also think about emptying the real life one, in your kitchen.. it's up to you.. but it's kind of starting to smell)..

- Load your current game with Ivy

- Make a NEW MANUAL SAVE (Save 1)

- Dismiss Ivy.

- Save your game (to a new Manual Save! (Save 2)).

- Load your game (From Save 2).

- Travel to another area (preferably go in and out of an indoor cell).

- Save your game again (To Save 2) and EXIT FALLOUT 4.

- DISABLE THE COMPANIONIVY.ESP PLUGIN IN YOUR MOD MANAGER (!)

- Run the uninstall tool.

- Send the output of the log my way if anything strange happens.

- Test your game by starting it and loading (Save 2).

- Do you get sudden CT's? Anything else that's weird?

Give me a bug report if it doesn't work (e.g. what did you do, where is you game installed, exactly what happened, can you copy the stackdump of the app before clicking on 'close', etc..?)

- You can restore Ivy by restoring the files from your recycle bin.

- Re-Enable the COMPANIONIVY.ESP plugin.

- Start Fallout and load the original save (Save 1) you created, before dismissing Ivy to continue playing where you were before you tested this app.

- Should anything go horribly wrong, you can restore your fallout installation from the backup you made in Step 1. (!)

How to use the tool.

Step 1: Click on 'Browse'

Browse to the ROOT of your fallout 4 installation.

Step 2: Check the textbox for the output.

The tool will tell you if you have a clean installation, or perhaps a corrupted one, or perhaps if you just have remnants of an old Ivy installation.

Step 3: When you are satisfied, click on 'Uninstall'

Just wait.. the program will stop responding until it's finished (this will be fixed in the release version) when it's done it will respond and spurt output into the textbox where you can see if the operation was succesfull

Step 4: Your fallout 4 installation should now be clean of anything related to Ivy 4.0.

WARNING TEST VERSION COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED.

MAY WRECK YOUR FALLOUT INSTALLATION

COULD IN SOME CASES EAT YOUR COMPUTER

IN RARE CASES CAN MAKE YOUR COMPUTER GO THROUGH A SINGULARITY, BECOME AWARE, AND BECOME A SUPER MUTANT A.I. OVERLORD BENT ON ENSLAVING HUMANITY UNTIL THE END OF EXISTENCE.

Companion Ivy 4.0 Uninstaller (0.1alpha TEST VERSION).zip

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Who would be willing to test Ivy's uninstall application for me?

Requirements:

- .NET Framework 4.0

- Have Ivy 4.0 installed

No, seriously:

Testing:

- Empty your recycle bin (the one on your computer.. but you could also think about emptying the real life one, in your kitchen.. it's up to you.. but it's kind of starting to smell)..

- Load your current game with Ivy

- Make a NEW MANUAL SAVE (Save 1)

- Dismiss Ivy.

- Save your game (to a new Manual Save! (Save 2)).

- Load your game (From Save 2).

- Travel to another area (preferably go in and out of an indoor cell).

- Save your game again (To Save 2) and EXIT FALLOUT 4.

- DISABLE THE COMPANIONIVY.ESP PLUGIN IN YOUR MOD MANAGER (!)

- Run the uninstall tool.

- Send the output of the log my way if anything strange happens.

- Test your game by starting it and loading (Save 2).

- Do you get sudden CT's? Anything else that's weird?

Give me a bug report if it doesn't work (e.g. what did you do, where is you game installed, exactly what happened, can you copy the stackdump of the app before clicking on 'close', etc..?)

- You can restore Ivy by restoring the files from your recycle bin.

- Re-Enable the COMPANIONIVY.ESP plugin.

- Start Fallout and load the original save (Save 1) you created, before dismissing Ivy to continue playing where you were before you tested this app.

- Should anything go horribly wrong, you can restore your fallout installation from the backup you made in Step 1. (!)

How to use the tool.

Step 1: Click on 'Browse'

Browse to the ROOT of your fallout 4 installation.

Step 2: Check the textbox for the output.

The tool will tell you if you have a clean installation, or perhaps a corrupted one, or perhaps if you just have remnants of an old Ivy installation.

Step 3: When you are satisfied, click on 'Uninstall'

Just wait.. the program will stop responding until it's finished (this will be fixed in the release version) when it's done it will respond and spurt output into the textbox where you can see if the operation was succesfull

Step 4: Your fallout 4 installation should now be clean of anything related to Ivy 4.0.

WARNING TEST VERSION COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED.

MAY WRECK YOUR FALLOUT INSTALLATION

COULD IN SOME CASES EAT YOUR COMPUTER

IN RARE CASES CAN MAKE YOUR COMPUTER GO THROUGH A SINGULARITY, BECOME AWARE, AND BECOME A SUPER MUTANT A.I. OVERLORD BENT ON ENSLAVING HUMANITY UNTIL THE END OF EXISTENCE.

Companion Ivy 4.0 Uninstaller (0.1alpha TEST VERSION).zip 37.36 kB · 2 downloads

Minus looksmenu, got my shit updated, I'll give it a crack with my install, and edit this comment.

Will be interesting to see if it works fine with MO2.

Pretty sure it'll be unnecessary for MO2 installs, given how MO2 works, but still. Ivy Uninstall 4.0 output.txt

Added as executable to MO2, Nothin actually removed [checked Recycle Bin. The PC one.]. NMM would definitely have removed files, though.
Gunna see if anything's broken.
Seems fine.
Papyrus log has nothin referrin to Ivy either.

14 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Ivy's Mod File Size

I can now safely say that Ivy's Base ESM weighs in at 700+ MB.

If you want to have all of her plugins and add-ons (nuka etc..), I expect you'll need around 1.2 GB of disk space for all files.

I never realized she had this much content by now.. :O

I am thinking of making a Torrent Distro!!

I will (of course) put some effort into reducing file size here and there, but as most of this (e.g. 98%) is voice files, there's not much that can be done, other than compress the shit out of it when turning them into fuz files. ?

Please dom’t compress anything

1 hour ago, uscno84 said:

Please dom’t compress anything

I mean, how do you install a mod without compressing anything?

That's precisely the point of archives.
You compress it using one method, and the user decompresses it with the same program. Voila, same file, same size, with a smaller download/storage size, with little-no quality loss.

5 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

I mean, how do you install a mod without compressing anything?

That's precisely the point of archives.
You compress it using one method, and the user decompresses it with the same program. Voila, same file, same size, with a smaller download/storage size, with little-no quality loss.

Yup, this.. Wavs are 1.5MB, changed into XWM, then Fuzzed into a small 10-60kb file. I'd say that over 90% of audio data is scrubbed yet you don't even hear the difference in game. This is the same for ALL assets, everything in the game is compressed. If it hasn't been.. then players are either playing on a mainframe/super computer or the game will be sluggish as hell. ?

6 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Yup, this.. Wavs are 1.5MB, changed into XWM, then Fuzzed into a small 10-60kb file. I'd say that over 90% of audio data is scrubbed yet you don't even hear the difference in game. This is the same for ALL assets, everything in the game is compressed. If it hasn't been.. then players are either playing on a mainframe/super computer or the game will be sluggish as hell. ?

Understood sir

Entered Development Stop

Waiting for Chic to get set up with the build and to see if anything needs fixing before I continue with the DLC's etc..

Been playing a bit today but as it was a regular workday, not that much. I did manage to (YET AGAIN) rebuild the Red Rocket Basement build with Ivy.. As a small side project I might create a maid for it that is always there and works as cook/maid/waitress etc..

Other than that, likely no new updates for a while until development picks up again. :)

On 6/16/2019 at 4:00 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Who would be willing to test Ivy's uninstall application for me?....

I tested the uninstaller

I use Vortex as a MOD manager, and in my case,

1648442372_cap19-06-1704_08PM.JPG.202bf112c305a8cdf03d7aa6d03029b9.JPG

following all the steps until the time to open the uninstaller, it happened that:

612612307_cap19-06-1703.57PM001.JPG.f6e276c505abd6a9e45f4d9f8cab786b.JPG

the uninstaller did not find any ivy files after the MOD was disabled in Vortex.

741124236_cap19-06-1704_01PM.JPG.e6ff10901b01650c59b8c780606c0075.JPG

to be sure, I reactivated the Vortex MOD and ran the uninstaller again, then all the files were found.

47588630_cap19-06-1704.11PM001.JPG.3e12ac2c0d92d300943098ebf2583a5e.JPG

continuing the test

I confirmed to UNINSTALL the files, but ... the desistalador remained there stopped without deleting the files, they disappeared from the screen of the uninstaller, but they did not go to the folder of the trash and continued in the root folder of the game

I do not know if something from the vortex protected the files or if the CompanioIvy.eps is active, like I forced the test, prevented them from being deleted,
so with the installer itself I did not succeed following the step by step

in any way, it seems to me that Vortex can handle the removal of linked files when the Mod is deactivated

I believe that using Vortex as a MOD manager is effective in removing all Ivy 4.0 files, when installed by it previously, without the use of the uninstaller.

10 minutes ago, urbanoantigo said:

I tested the uninstaller

I use Vortex as a MOD manager, and in my case,

following all the steps until the time to open the uninstaller, it happened that:

the uninstaller did not find any ivy files after the MOD was disabled in Vortex.

to be sure, I reactivated the Vortex MOD and ran the uninstaller again, then all the files were found.

continuing the test

I confirmed to UNINSTALL the files, but ... the desistalador remained there stopped without deleting the files, they disappeared from the screen of the uninstaller, but they did not go to the folder of the trash and continued in the root folder of the game

I do not know if something from the vortex protected the files or if the CompanioIvy.eps is active, like I forced the test, prevented them from being deleted,
so with the installer itself I did not succeed following the step by step

in any way, it seems to me that Vortex can handle the removal of linked files when the Mod is deactivated

I believe that using Vortex as a MOD manager is effective in removing all Ivy 4.0 files, when installed by it previously, without the use of the uninstaller.

Awesome, thanks for testing this!

Looks like it's only needed for those people that installed their game manually! :)

Development (Stop) Update

I've been playtesting all day and I couldn't be happier with Ivy at this point. Everything works as designed and I'm really happy with the results. Excited, proud, overwhelmed.. you name it.. all that stuff is there. With the proper perks (Science 1,2,3 and Robotic Expert 1,2,3) and once properly upgraded, you can use Ivy to attack any humanoid or super mutant from far away, giving players that use Ivy a distinct tactical advantage. At this point she is a better killbot than she is a sexbot, which is why it takes so much perks to actually be able to finally upgrade all of her stuff.

Is a playthrough possible where you don't land a shot when travelling with Ivy?

No that's going to be very hard. She can be overwhelmingly powerful sometimes, but you still need to stay on your toes as not all HyperCombat attacks will succeed, there is always a chance that a raider or super mutant gets the drop on Ivy (I've seen it happen). This is when Ivy teleports to her target, but the target initiates a kill/melee move right on time. In that case they dodged Ivy's attack and she'll teleport back in shame.. :P

This is awesome to do, by the way.. there is no way that I can get bored of doing this to enemies...

NOTE: You do NOT get XP for HyperCombat kills (!)

Development Update

Still working hard on the peripherals. Started writing proper documentation and testing documents.

Testers will be divided into 4 groups:

- Female Player in Storyline (A)

- Female Player in Storyline (B)

- Male Player in Storyline (A)

- Male Player in Storyline (B)

Testers will then be expected to play through (and thoroughly) test the scenario's as described in the documents below, where players in group A only test the scenario's ending with (a) etc..etc.. It's a lot of writing and thinking but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

image.png.6400432ec3e95325408a1ddc8e27a9e8.png

I've basically just been playing and playing with Ivy to root out any bugs I missed. I have to say the buglist is looking.. pretty good.. very manageable indeed. :) 

On 9/30/2018 at 6:18 PM, Reginald_001 said:
Spoiler

The 1st error in Green is a vanilla game error:

image.png.d2048d222d186630f62250dba24e4d12.png

The same goes for the second error (in yellow):

image.png.bc76d1139f39638724b70c847cef3659.png

Because Ivy overrides these quests to inject dialogue, any original bugs in the game will be transferred to the override. You can see both entries have a green background, meaning there are no differences with the vanilla quest in the erroneous records (e.g. the bug exists in the original game).

Any plans to make it compatible with UF4P? (which not only fixes both problems quoted above, but many other)

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Not at this time, development has stopped. I never used that patch. But you can place it after Ivy in the mod load order and it should 'do what it was designed to do'..

Heck, I've always used it with Ivy at the very top of my LO, and haven't noticed anything odd. If I'm missing something, it's imperceptible to me, anyways. I've always kept her fairly low in my LO, though I have noticed some new lines i haven't heard before, or did rarely over the last few play throughs before switching to MO2. Her response time to dialogue queues and game play in general feels snappier, but probably just coincidence.

Only thing I've ran into that impacted Ivy was Realistic Conversations, where her mouth didn't move during face-to-face dialogue. But I'd bet it's with custom followers and RC in general, though. Anywho, simply moving her .esp below RC solved that in two seconds, and both mods played nice.

P.S. - HyperCombat looks very satisfying... In a "popping bubble wrap" kinda way lol Kill by Remote Control ?

That looks awesome!!!

Just hanging out with Ivy was never this relaxing as well as entertaining.. as soon as I made that swimming pool.. it's been all she cares about. Even when I'm not in that area, she lingers around the pool. The water is fresh and radiation free and you can drink it. I'd have posted this in my RR thread but this is much more centered around Ivy. She will definitely get some lines now for Red Rocket Basement.. especially considering there's someone else walking around as well.. ?

You might hear Chic's voice be switched every now and then with the Robot voice, these are because those lines have not been voiced yet. I tried avoiding such dialogue for consistency in the video. I am going to edit the benches in the scenes to make it so two people (NPC + Player, or NPC+NPC) can occupy it, like Cozy Couch (for 2 and 3) works. That way you can snuggle up to Ivy (or she to you) while you both sit in the pool/bath..

6 hours ago, Sevatt said:

Heck, I've always used it with Ivy at the very top of my LO, and haven't noticed anything odd. If I'm missing something, it's imperceptible to me, anyways. I've always kept her fairly low in my LO, though I...

practically all mod problems are solved by adjusting the loading order, placing this or that mod before or after,