@Reginald_001 Glad to see that you are in the final stages and ready to or have already, by now, shipped it off to @ChicGeek. Am also happy to see that you went back to work on the basement and bug fixes that needed to be done for a while now. Is 5.0 now going to be sooner than October? Maybe a September or August release now?

@Nebuchadnezzer2 Thanks for letting us know about XDI, one of the many mods I like to have.

@urbanoantigo Thanks for doing a "test" of XDI, as I said a line above, it's a liked mod to have.

30 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

I thought i would make a patch to turn Ivy into a Servitron.

Would that be allowed?
And also - would it make sense? (meaning "lore-wise", and wouldn't it be in conflict with some of her dialogue?)

I think most of her lines would directly conflict any type of race change at this point. ?

4 hours ago, Ronin13 said:

bom ..... seu preset?

In one of the many installations and tests that I did with Looks Menu, this was one of the customizations I made, but at the time I did not even realize that I could have exported the preset or even saved a save ....

then this and several other Ivy incarnations that were around were getting lost every time I had to delete everything and reinstall the game from scratch, ...
but yes, this was one of my favorites, and I think the only print that luckily left

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

I mean even the current Ivy wouldn't make much sense as anything other than a Gen 2 Synth prototype, or Gen 3 Synth, from that perspective.

Hmm, but if it can be Gen 2, then why not the servitron?

For example: if instead of turning Curie into a synth, you keep her as a robot (using a mod that allows keeping her as a robot forever), she would still have the original dialogue lines refering to "human body" (so i made a small mod that changes both the dialogue and voice files to make those few lines body-neutral).

So, that is what i meant when i was asking whether it would make sense - if Ivy's dialogue would be incompatible with her being a robot, then it wouldn't make sense to turn her into servitron.

But if you say she can be Gen 2, which has a robotic body, then i dont see a problem with her being a servitron (just a different type of robotic body).

40 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Gen 2, which has a robotic body, then i dont see a problem with her being a servitron (just a different type of robotic body).

Well with her backstory/lore, a Gen 2 prototype would fit, as they're (from memory) a more advanced Gen 1, with transferred/implanted memories of a previous/other life, like Valentine.

Reg can explain it better :P

1 minute ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Well with her backstory/lore, a Gen 2 prototype would fit, as they're (from memory) a more advanced Gen 1, with transferred/implanted memories of a previous/other life, like Valentine.

Reg can explain it better :P

I dont mean to argue, i really just want to understand.

Gen 2 is a robot chassis, servitron is a robot chassis, Mr. Handy is a robot chassis - if one can work, then in theory any of them can, no?

53 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

I dont mean to argue, i really just want to understand.

Gen 2 is a robot chassis, servitron is a robot chassis, Mr. Handy is a robot chassis - if one can work, then in theory any of them can, no?

If I'm not mistaken Ivy does not use sinty faction corps but the human faction within Vanilla's options ...

But here for us, the idea of downgrading Ivy from a great modern Hunter to an assaltron is a bit sad, I would think more about taking advantage of the improvements and possibilities of the current body, such as being able to customize "everything" with the looks menu

1 hour ago, urbanoantigo said:

If I'm not mistaken Ivy does not use sinty faction corps but the human faction within Vanilla's options

That is a matter of implementation, and has nothing to do with what i am after.

My point is: Ivy is a ROBOT, or do i have that wrong?

She even calls herself a "pleasure bot" in that initial radio broadcast.

So, is there anything story-wise that wouldn't make sense anymore if she'd be turned into a differnt kind of robot? (eg. into servitron, instead of whatever is that thing she is).

1 hour ago, urbanoantigo said:

But here for us, the idea of downgrading Ivy from a great modern Hunter to an assaltron is a bit sad, I would think more about taking advantage of the improvements and possibilities of the current body, such as being able to customize "everything" with the looks menu

That is a matter of subjective opinion. I'd leave that to each user.
I am only trying to find out two things:

1.) Is there anything in Ivy's dialogues, that would stop making sense if she'd look like a servitron?

2.) Is there anything lore-wise (ie. in her backstory, if there is one), that would stop making sense if she'd be a servitron?

36 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

.) Is there anything in Ivy's dialogues, that would stop making sense if she'd look like a servitron?

2.) Is there anything lore-wise (ie. in her backstory, if there is one), that would stop making sense if she'd be a servitron?

A lot of it

Yes

Spoiler

She was human, and while I've not gone through everything Reg's got, from what I gather, she has Gen-3 implants, or similar, and her personality was suppressed/overridden by what's now Ivy. Still has a lot of the prior memories & such, which gets mentioned occasionally, even if you don't get too far into playing with the current iteration of Ivy.

33 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

A lot of it

Yes

Hide contents

She was human, and while I've not gone through everything Reg's got, from what I gather, she has Gen-3 implants, or similar, and her personality was suppressed/overridden by what's now Ivy. Still has a lot of the prior memories & such, which gets mentioned occasionally, even if you don't get too far into playing with the current iteration of Ivy.

Hmm... i'd need to know more, this is not enough to convince me :)
For example, Jezebel was also a human at some point, and nowadays she is driving on tracks.

As long as anything Ivy may be saying, is refering to the past, it may not be in direct contradiction to her present state (whatever it may be), not in direct contradiction to a possible robotic body, it wouldn't have to be a showstopper.

After all, we are talking about world where robot consciousness can be "downloaded" into a synth's brain, so i can easily imagine a human Ivy being turned into a cyborg, or a robot, whatever.

That being said, i am not trying to push the idea for any cost, if it doesn't make sense, then fuck it.

And of course @Reginald_001 would have to say it is ok to publish such patch - if he thinks it's a nonsense, or he doesn't like the idea for any reason, then its of course off the table.

I'll wait for him to hopefully elaborate a bit more.

4 hours ago, Roggvir said:

That is a matter of implementation, and has nothing to do with what i am after.

My point is: Ivy is a ROBOT, or do i have that wrong?

She even calls herself a "pleasure bot" in that initial radio broadcast.

So, is there anything story-wise that wouldn't make sense anymore if she'd be turned into a differnt kind of robot? (eg. into servitron, instead of whatever is that thing she is).

That is a matter of subjective opinion. I'd leave that to each user.
I am only trying to find out two things:

1.) Is there anything in Ivy's dialogues, that would stop making sense if she'd look like a servitron?

You will find it completely immersion breaking. Especially her affinity quests.

Ps: Ivy is not a robot. ?

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Ok, thats it then, thanks.

I was going to comment just this, the ivy does not really fit as a robot and nor as a sinty hunter, it is a unique prototype mixed of various technologies and parts.

different from Nick who had his personality downloaded to a G2 body, so I understood the body the orioginal brain is inside the body.

she is almost like a brain robot, but it is not only that, from what we perceive more in the new version that tells more of her story, it seems that there are two personalities inside her, one is AI control and another is the human brain that maintains the original human personality but ... which is always limiting by the AI of the cybernetic body,
crazy stuff...

so I think that's why Ivy does not fit with anything that already exists in the universe of fo4

@Roggvir very interesting the mod that made for Curie, we have a robotic fan ?
by chance has already seen the plot dese mod, I think you will like the story a lot:

The story is hidden as SPOLIER in the description

3 minutes ago, urbanoantigo said:

so I think that's why Ivy does not fit with anything that already exists in the universe of fo4

Well, technically speaking the Servitron didn't exist in FO4 universe until i made it, so i can make up almost anything about its nature or origins.
And as for the other stuff you mentioned - i still fail to see why the same couldn't be true for a robot built on the servitron chassis - according to what i heard so far, Ivy is a robot (then again, Reg said she is not), OR at the very least a cyborg, so what does it matter what kind of robotic/syntetic body she is in, but maybe i just misunderstood what has been said.

Anyway, the discussion was over the moment Reg said it makes no sense - guess i'll have to believe him :)

56 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Well, technically speaking the Servitron didn't exist in FO4 universe until i made it, so i can make up almost anything about its nature or origins....

The link

Assaultroness (EVB-CBBE) (AE-AWKCR) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21004?tab=posts

is a MOD of armor, but the story that the author created around the armor moved me, so I brought the theme here

You make Servitron, that's cool ...

look, maybe it's an interesting idea to create a new companion about this story of Assaultroness
but if you do, please do so with the same independent mechanism that Heather Casdin has, 

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Well, technically speaking the Servitron didn't exist in FO4 universe until i made it, so i can make up almost anything about its nature or origins.
And as for the other stuff you mentioned - i still fail to see why the same couldn't be true for a robot built on the servitron chassis - according to what i heard so far, Ivy is a robot (then again, Reg said she is not), OR at the very least a cyborg, so what does it matter what kind of robotic/syntetic body she is in, but maybe i just misunderstood what has been said.

Anyway, the discussion was over the moment Reg said it makes no sense - guess i'll have to believe him :)

I think that Ivy and Dr. Stein can explain it best. :)

I have been purposefully vague on answering this, because the answer is basically one HUGE spoiler that I simply do not want to share with you guys at this point.

The following two spoiler tags CONTAIN THIS MAJOR spoiler (in fact, SEVERAL major spoilers) so it is suggested that you only look if you are not the type of person to be bothered by being spoiled.

I am close to making a proper companion instruction video, one that will show that it's actually quite easy to create a custom companion that has more than the vanilla ones offer. So keep an eye out for that as it might be a far better option. (And with the right content there are multiple voice actors available that would be willing to help, I'm sure!)

In the video I will show the entire process that I used while creating Ivy, including the recording/quest/lipsync and other aspects that are usually overlooked in the available tutorials.

Ivy introduces herself in her own words (then clarifies in exact words what she is):

LAST WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS.

1) Image of a log found by someone 'hunting' Ivy..

ScreenShot770.jpg.b6b6dad838bff19985dfa2eb8c266e1c.jpg

2) Parts of Dr. Steins log that he kept while working on the NX-2C.
This log explains in detail how Ivy was built and constructed, including images. The mod contains logs with images of Deborah/NX-2C and there are several NX 'prototypes' in the current build (e.g. Red Rocket Basement's NX-1C).

You would have less work just making a new companion than remaking Ivy as Servitron. You will also face several major technical challenges there, including how to tackle hypercombat and it's specific to race scripts. It really would be a daunting project for you, where as you can make a 'new' companion framework in less than a day.

ScreenShot771.jpg.57eb77046990b6575a86705d0b93e302.jpg
ScreenShot772.jpg.9963d24e69319989c48b11f1f09542d4.jpg

ScreenShot773.jpg.a700522a28512a1baff62a1b8296cfe4.jpg