I'll bet there is some kind of conflict. I'd think if you loaded ADW first and RF second (and then BDB) it would be fine but maybe not. I'll check.

Real work is done for the ladies. Just gotta copy over the face tints. 

Face tints, by the way, are a royal PITA. I think the problem with racemenu not picking up preset skin tints is because the tint indices aren't right, or aren't unique, or something like that. Tint indices can't possibly be required to be unique globally or new races would be impossible (since you can't know what indices other races are using). But seems like if they aren't unique within the race, RM gets confused. So I have to do all that within CF and that means touching each tint for each skin layer by hand. Now for females I have to do it all again--each tint, each skin layer, by hand. 

So here's a a thing: I'm doing the Ulri race. Ulris are ravens. Do I only provide body colors that make sense for ravens? Or do I say fukkit and give you everything? Knowing that you can always go with a non-standard tint in RM if you want to. What about face tints? There I think you want everything even if it's not very raven-ish.

@Bad Dog, not sure if you noticed, but someone posted a lewd photoshoot with one of your birds. Thought you may want to check it out, lol.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56510-post-your-sex-screenshots-pt-2/?do=findComment&comment=2281179

Back to your last post, I'd say it wouldn't hurt if you added the other tint options that are not raven-like. Setting up a good-looking tint in RM isn't that easy, so I would rather use exiting tints and simply tweak them manually afterwards if needed. People that want to use raven-appropiate tints have them, and if you want to create a brightly colored "raven" character, you can do that easily as well. Just my two cents, though.

Also, as always, looking forward to seeing how females turn out.

Thanks for the link, fun to see.

As for Real Flying vs. Animated Dragon Wings--so far as I can tell RF and ADW do not interact at all. There are no wings or mutagens in RF and RF works without ADW. So I think the right way to do this is ADW before BDB and RF after ADW, just because. Eventually I'll equip the birds with whatever's needed for real flying, likely through a patch.

I haven't tested it because I don't want to go down that rathole right now, but that's what I'm seeing.

(Oh, and just a warning--RF has what I think is a wild edit to Phineas Gestor. Anyone with a mod changing Phineas (Immersive College, frex) will want to load RF first.)

Interesting! Still in the middle of messing with my mod list, but looking forward to trying this out. What body did you decide to go with for them? Vanilla, CBBE, UNP, other, or custom?

...And yeah, I know, birds don't have tits, but its one of those things that us humans try and apply to anything we may be attracted to that's female. We're experts at denying reality and logic.

40 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

The tits you see are in the mesh only. Proper tits would be in the texture too. Wouldn't be very different for a raven but you'll see it on lighter-colored bodies.

Would that be only a nipple texture, or do you also plan to add any other details like smoother/lighter skin around the breasts or something like that?

Dunno. I had lighter belly feathers on the girls in the first iteration and thought it looked too mammalian. I'm happy with how it looks now, including how it looks with a full black tint for ravens, and I don't want to muck it up. I'm not planning different base textures for the different bird races and I'm not yet seeing a reason to go that way. I'm not going to like hot pink nipples and if they're less saturated they'll pick up more of the skin tint. But I might lighten the whole breast area some if I can make it look good.

What all that adds up to is that more neutral colors (brown, gray) will probably have more visible nipples. Saturated colors and black will probably have nipples that match the surrounding colors more closely.

Can I just say how much I detest CK's handling of tints? It's crashy, races won't accept any colors except the ones that shipped with Skyrim, every one has to be touched by hand, bleagh. Plus I have a raven race and an eagle race and the eagles insist on showing the raven skin by default. I assume that's because I'm starting with Ulri, but it's not like the engine normally tries to apply Nord textures to everything. I thought eagles would be simple but it's turned into this mess.

Also I spent a bunch of time cleaning up the texture around the eyes. Simple in concept, in practice took a while. 

Spoiler

Bald Eagle.jpg Golden Eagle.jpg Crested Eagle.jpg Crested Eagle Battle.jpg

30 minutes ago, KestrelSky said:

Now the important question is do gryphons have bird or cat dicks...? ?

Well, from what I've seen most depictions of gryphons are basically taking a lion and slapping an eagle's head and wings on it, so that would mean they have (sheathing) cat dicks. Whether Bad Dog will actually go for that or a bird-like one like the other bird races (or maybe even a combination or both somehow?) is up to him, though.

I'm watching this topic now. I love your mods Bad Dog... and i have been wanting a good avian race too! BEARDED VULTURES THO ❤️

EDIT: I like my avians with bird tails. is there any chance of that? the ones in your screenshots just look weird without some kind of tailfeathers. o-o

1 hour ago, SyntaxError73 said:

EDIT: I like my avians with bird tails. is there any chance of that? the ones in your screenshots just look weird without some kind of tailfeathers. o-o

Pretty sure they do have tails, it's just that they are short so they aren't that visible in the images. You may want to give a shot at the mod itself and see for yourself ingame.

Yes, tails are short. Think sexy french maid length.

Hey, apropos of nothing, have you ever wondered why birds *don't* have balls? It hit me the other day that birds are warm-blooded after all, and the standard story is you need the balls on the outside because they need to be cooler than the body. Turns out that's a load of hooey, and there are lots of warm-blooded mammals that carry their balls inside--such as elephants, for example. No one really knows for sure why so many animals keep them outside, but it's been evolved more than once, so there must be a reason.

Can I just say that editing world spaces is a gigantic time sink? I'm doing NPCs now and OMG. 

Probably I'll merge Talis and Vultures into one race just to save time and Talis are awfully vultureish anyway.