Race Support Requests

7 hours ago, Taerith said:

I have questions in regards to support for Tsaiqir and Selachii. Was permision granted/denied and if former then I ask if there is patch on the way by anyone at all?

I do believe the Selachii were made with the assistance of former Alastor, and they had informed that the permission was denied, as for the former race, not a clue personally. Given it was uploaded, and only had it's last update (1 week between each) last year, and users are currently commenting on a crash that makes the race unplayable, they aren't being currently supported by the creator, so good luck contacting them.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

I do believe the Selachii were made with the assistance of former Alastor, and they had informed that the permission was denied, as for the former race, not a clue personally. Given it was uploaded, and only had it's last update (1 week between each) last year, and users are currently commenting on a crash that makes the race unplayable, they aren't being currently supported by the creator, so good luck contacting them.

You sure you really reading the users comments carefully? because I only see most of it requesting for FU patches and one user complaining about not able to talk to npc which I find it odd that the mod doesn't have any overwrites on any existing npctypes and I don't see any user commenting on a crash in the comment section or bug reports, Unless you're referring to the Tsaiqir that is.

11 hours ago, Taerith said:

I have questions in regards to support for Tsaiqir and Selachii. Was permision granted/denied and if former then I ask if there is patch on the way by anyone at all?

As for the race permission, check here if its on the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kHYDblYaPt4Yp1fi_wcbxp7RVx4UBGXYyRNhqe5B2C8/edit#gid=0

Edited by Am-Pumpking
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MoonlitPost said:

Is there not a version of the Kobold race support available anywhere? The link on the spreadsheet is busted and I can't find a copy of the file anywhere.

likely that its been removed by the maker.

• 2 weeks later...

Like to throw in a request for Starbound Awakens - A continuation for the Star Wars Community Mod.

Link: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302925783

Doesn't seem to mention any permissions, but the original mod it's continuing from seems to mention that the assets are okay to alter/use.

Original mod:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/star-wars-community-mod.4583/

Also the Asari race mod if possible as well: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1525534259

There's another mod which seems to also add Asari and also adds Turians and other stuff, but I haven't tried it yet unlike the Asari Race mod. Might be a better option.

Link:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/starbound-mass-effect-edition-revived.5844/

Edited by moduser921
14 hours ago, moduser921 said:

Like to throw in a request for Starbound Awakens - A continuation for the Star Wars Community Mod.

Link: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302925783

Doesn't seem to mention any permissions, but the original mod it's continuing from seems to mention that the assets are okay to alter/use.

Original mod:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/star-wars-community-mod.4583/

Also the Asari race mod if possible as well: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1525534259

There's another mod which seems to also add Asari and also adds Turians and other stuff, but I haven't tried it yet unlike the Asari Race mod. Might be a better option.

Link:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/starbound-mass-effect-edition-revived.5844/

In order to get permission to make support for modded races, the author of the mod must be asked.

While it may say assets can be altered in permissions, that may not always mean that the author is comfortable with support being made.

The general rule is to try to ask them privately if you can, usually by means of asking if you can talk about compatibility for a mod and dragging them into private. While in private, ask them there.

If they agree, report back here with screenshot proof.

If they deny, then that is a no and SxB will not offer support for the race. Either way, report back here with the no so it can be added to the list so we can answer people who ask about that species as well.

Please remember to be respectful, and if they say no, respect their decision and wish them well.

5 hours ago, Zancuno said:

In order to get permission to make support for modded races, the author of the mod must be asked.

While it may say assets can be altered in permissions, that may not always mean that the author is comfortable with support being made.

The general rule is to try to ask them privately if you can, usually by means of asking if you can talk about compatibility for a mod and dragging them into private. While in private, ask them there.

If they agree, report back here with screenshot proof.

If they deny, then that is a no and SxB will not offer support for the race. Either way, report back here with the no so it can be added to the list so we can answer people who ask about that species as well.

Please remember to be respectful, and if they say no, respect their decision and wish them well.

Oh okay. I suppose that's fair since some may not like the idea of their content being linked to any extent with a sex mod.

Unless somebody asks before I do, I'll try to ask these authors at some point and if I get the permissions, I'll pm screenshots.

Edit: Not sure who's the one keeping track of the permissions. Who do I pm by the way?

And I only need to ask the ones who are managing the most recently updated continuations such as the SW Community Continuation author correct? Because the author of the original one on playstarbound seems to not have been active since 2020 looking at their profile so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a response.

Edit2: Wait I think the author of the Asari race mod made a support patch. Don't know if that's them 100% though and I don't know if there will be any issues since the Asari race mod was updated in 2021 whereas this is from 2018. Will try it out.

Edit3: So it's functional but the Asari's body flickers during sex. Guess I'll ask and see if they are still active here.

Edited by moduser921
18 hours ago, moduser921 said:

Oh okay. I suppose that's fair since some may not like the idea of their content being linked to any extent with a sex mod.

Unless somebody asks before I do, I'll try to ask these authors at some point and if I get the permissions, I'll pm screenshots.

Edit: Not sure who's the one keeping track of the permissions. Who do I pm by the way?

And I only need to ask the ones who are managing the most recently updated continuations such as the SW Community Continuation author correct? Because the author of the original one on playstarbound seems to not have been active since 2020 looking at their profile so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a response.

Edit2: Wait I think the author of the Asari race mod made a support patch. Don't know if that's them 100% though and I don't know if there will be any issues since the Asari race mod was updated in 2021 whereas this is from 2018. Will try it out.

Edit3: So it's functional but the Asari's body flickers during sex. Guess I'll ask and see if they are still active here.

We have a spreadsheet of what is approved or denied. Usually the owner of the sheet updates the info based on what is posted here or elsewhere
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kHYDblYaPt4Yp1fi_wcbxp7RVx4UBGXYyRNhqe5B2C8/edit#gid=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a request, the Phox Race. I don't know if the author has given permission yet but it says in the description of the mod:
"With that being said, while I am not going to transfer this mod to anybody else, you are free to make your own patches for this mod, names, colors, whatever. Just add
"includes" : ["phox"]
in your mod's metadata and it will have access to all my content."

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1107519620

7 hours ago, Salomão69 said:

a question: if the original creator of a species doesn't give permission, we can't publicly share an SXB support for that species, right?

loaded question
If they are original and current and no permission has been asked, no public share.
If the species has been officially passed onto another person. Then the new author is to be asked, still no on share till otherwise.
If the original author has become inactive and has left the species to forever not be updated, with no revivals being made by others, advise here and let the SxB team determine if it has been long enough to apply the "abandoned" ruling.

Granted if any case of the species owner saying "no" to support, no public share at all. Also discourage (granted hard to prevent or enforce anyways) anyone from making private files to share around to respect the species owner's wishes (we can see the mods you have installed in your log file if you share it to report errors, which modders ask for, if you are wondering how they find out). We have had a few cases where species owners were harassed for saying no, and we do not approve of these people being harassed for declining. Would prefer their decision to be respected.

3 hours ago, Zancuno said:

pergunta carregada
Se eles são originais e atuais e nenhuma permissão foi solicitada, nenhum compartilhamento público.
Se a espécie foi oficialmente passada para outra pessoa. Em seguida, o novo autor deve ser perguntado, ainda sem compartilhamento até o contrário.
Se o autor original se tornou inativo e deixou a espécie para sempre não ser atualizada, sem revivals sendo feitos por outros, avise aqui e deixe a equipe SxB determinar se foi tempo suficiente para aplicar a regra de "abandonado".

Concedido se houver algum caso do proprietário da espécie dizendo "não" para apoiar, não há compartilhamento público. Também desencoraje (é difícil impedir ou impor de qualquer maneira) qualquer pessoa de criar arquivos privados para compartilhar para respeitar os desejos do proprietário da espécie (podemos ver os mods que você instalou em seu arquivo de log se você compartilhá-lo para relatar erros, que os modders pedem , se você está se perguntando como eles descobrem). Tivemos alguns casos em que os proprietários de espécies foram assediados por dizer não, e não aprovamos que essas pessoas sejam assediadas por declínio. Preferiria que sua decisão fosse respeitada.

damn, so i guess i can never have naughty angels right?

18 hours ago, Salomão69 said:

damn, so i guess i can never have naughty angels right?

Angels of Starbound by Omeruin, yup blacklisted

We respect the decisions of the author, in the past some people had put blacklisted race supports up for download and the supports were taken down. We have also had a few unfortunate cases of the userbase of SxB not taking no for an answer and harassing authors.

The reputation gained by having this honor system of respecting author wishes, helps levy authors into agreeing to support. Without this system, drama happens. Which if SxB gets a bad name from such drama, it would mean more authors would say no. So to ensure as many species can have support as possible, it is ideal to respect the authors, even if it means we miss out on support for some species.

4 hours ago, Zancuno said:

Angels of Starbound de Omeruin, sim na lista negra

Respeitamos as decisões do autor, no passado algumas pessoas colocaram suportes raciais na lista negra para download e os suportes foram retirados. Também tivemos alguns casos infelizes de a base de usuários do SxB não aceitar um não como resposta e assediar os autores.

A reputação conquistada por ter esse sistema de honra de respeitar os desejos do autor ajuda a cobrar os autores a concordarem em apoiar. Sem este sistema, o drama acontece. E se SxB receber um nome ruim de tal drama, isso significaria que mais autores diriam não. Portanto, para garantir que o maior número possível de espécies possa ter apoio, é ideal respeitar os autores, mesmo que isso signifique perder apoio para algumas espécies.

fair

• 2 weeks later...

Any possibility of a Spirit tree race? I don't know if it's been accepted or denied or even requested for perms at all so I'm just putting this idea out here. 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2191906942

Also same with Tsaiqir race, I'm unaware if there was permission for that too but I'd be nice to have support for them.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2474014342