Race Support Requests

5 hours ago, Lilacstarvix said:

What's you're steam account? I can message you to verify that I'm the mod author

I no longer use it and I given it to my brother since I'm always at work, you can add him here so he can notify me if its legit, also he will be the one that will be making supports from now. 
https://steamcommunity.com/id/VoidWatchersAlaway/

On 10/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, [TheBusySWAT] Alastor said:

I no longer use it and I given it to my brother since I'm always at work, you can add him here so he can notify me if its legit, also he will be the one that will be making supports from now. 
https://steamcommunity.com/id/VoidWatchersAlaway/

Alright, sorry I get easily sidetracked these days and forgot to check back in for your reply, i've sent a friend request on discord as the steam bio directed me too.

Edited by Lilacstarvix
On 11/2/2021 at 5:19 PM, Lilacstarvix said:

Alright, sorry I get easily sidetracked these days and forgot to check back in for your reply, i've sent a friend request on discord as the steam bio directed me too.

you know i just had a thought, why not take a screenshot to prove your the creator? you should have access to the owner consoles just take a screen shot of that when on the mod page, then just uploaded the pic here. doing that will end up giving it a higher chance of being done.

1 hour ago, ant_9484 said:

you know i just had a thought, why not take a screenshot to prove your the creator? you should have access to the owner consoles just take a screen shot of that when on the mod page, then just uploaded the pic here. doing that will end up giving it a higher chance of being done.

Screenshots can be doctored rather easily to look like they're legit. If anyone wants to go through the trouble of claiming they are the owner of "X", it wouldn't take more than an hour to 5 minutes if they're good at it.

You can't however, pretend to be someone's steam account, when you can just check their profile and workshop pages easily. That's why i used to ask the creators on Steam, if i could get permission to use their race on something, and i'd send a friend request afterwards to open communications; I'm just overexplaining things though.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

Screenshots can be doctored rather easily to look like they're legit. If anyone wants to go through the trouble of claiming they are the owner of "X", it wouldn't take more than an hour to 5 minutes if they're good at it.

You can't however, pretend to be someone's steam account, when you can just check their profile and workshop pages easily. That's why i used to ask the creators on Steam, if i could get permission to use their race on something, and i'd send a friend request afterwards to open communications; I'm just overexplaining things though.

makes sense.

On 11/5/2021 at 10:54 AM, red3dred said:

Yeah, I've got in contact on discord, and sent a friend request on steam, the patch is going to be released in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Xaeltzar said:

Cutebound mod released recently, while almost all vanilla race is compatible with sexbound, avian one is not. Can we get support for that? Though I dunno how to ask for permission to the author for that.

... what? ...What!? Cutebound released, recently!? Gosh darn Time Travellers, i swear...

And all Vanilla races are supported, i have no clue what you're asking of modders to be made. Cutebound is denied compatibility due to previous issues the creator had with people connecting adult content with the mod, so to avoid creating and reviving drama on the matter, i'd suggest not to ask for it, though i can't stop users.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:23 AM, Grey The Raptor said:

Surprised no one has made a patch for the Saurians, I haven't found any patches for them anywhere. Is there a way that can be changed?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2185577907&searchtext=Saurian

On 1/22/2022 at 1:50 PM, dark Heretek said:

Is there any chance for getting an arachne or lamia patch

For inquiries on new race supports, it's nice to take into consideration a few things;

1. Is the Author okay with using their mod as a base for adult content?
    Ask first, give it some time, wait for a response. Generally speaking, if the modders haven't touched their mods (update wise) in over an year, and have not responded, it's pretty safe to assume they may not care, and if they have a permission section in their mod's page, that makes this part easy.
  2. Is the race viable for Sexbound implementation?
    Not all races are made equally, and as such, adding them to the API may prove neigh impossible without some real spaghetti-magic. Quadrupeds and generally non-humanoids may prove difficult to manage to bend into Sexbound animations.
  3. Has this been asked a dozen times before?
    Go to the top of the page, and there's a search bar on the top right. Select "This topic" and type the name of the race you're looking to request, you may already have an answer!

Saurians, i have not heard of before, and i'd recommend requesting, or trying to, ask for permission to support it for Sexbound, preferably in DM's and not in public comments. Once a user drops the proof-of-permission and a race name in here, all we gotta do is work, unless they meet Note 2;

As for Lamia and Arachne, Arachne is a hell of it's own, along with Deerfolk and other "taur" races, have too many issues with implementation, that make them too difficult or neigh impossible to portray and support in Sexbound. Lamia on the other hand, had a working support, but had since then been taken down due to compatibility issues (It required changes to the order of layers of Sexbound animations to work/look properly) and fear of possible drama with the race creator, but still exists. I've helped make it, and am working on a mod to "fix" the layers again in a cross-version-compatible way, that should allow the Lamia to be re-released in the future.

14 hours ago, red3dred said:

... what? ...What!? Cutebound released, recently!? Gosh darn Time Travellers, i swear...

And all Vanilla races are supported, i have no clue what you're asking of modders to be made. Cutebound is denied compatibility due to previous issues the creator had with people connecting adult content with the mod, so to avoid creating and reviving drama on the matter, i'd suggest not to ask for it, though i can't stop users.

For inquiries on new race supports, it's nice to take into consideration a few things;

Ask first, give it some time, wait for a response. Generally speaking, if the modders haven't touched their mods (update wise) in over an year, and have not responded, it's pretty safe to assume they may not care, and if they have a permission section in their mod's page, that makes this part easy.
    Not all races are made equally, and as such, adding them to the API may prove neigh impossible without some real spaghetti-magic. Quadrupeds and generally non-humanoids may prove difficult to manage to bend into Sexbound animations.
    Go to the top of the page, and there's a search bar on the top right. Select "This topic" and type the name of the race you're looking to request, you may already have an answer!

Saurians, i have not heard of before, and i'd recommend requesting, or trying to, ask for permission to support it for Sexbound, preferably in DM's and not in public comments. Once a user drops the proof-of-permission and a race name in here, all we gotta do is work, unless they meet Note 2;

As for Lamia and Arachne, Arachne is a hell of it's own, along with Deerfolk and other "taur" races, have too many issues with implementation, that make them too difficult or neigh impossible to portray and support in Sexbound. Lamia on the other hand, had a working support, but had since then been taken down due to compatibility issues (It required changes to the order of layers of Sexbound animations to work/look properly) and fear of possible drama with the race creator, but still exists. I've helped make it, and am working on a mod to "fix" the layers again in a cross-version-compatible way, that should allow the Lamia to be re-released in the future.

So it's been out a year eh? I just knew it exist yesterday, lol. Guess if it's been denied by the author himself then nothing could be done.

7 minutes ago, MoonyButtNoble said:

I didn't see a request for it, but I was curious if the Indix race would be able to get support.  It seems that the Lastree race by the same author was given support.  I really wanna be a vocaloid hologram waifu for my horse husband.

It's only been requested around three times by now, make it 4.

And if i remember correctly, creator denied support for lore reasons.

While you see "hologram waifu" they see "Virtual beings that repugnate the physical realm, but need it to directly interact with the world" or something. At least that's what i remember from reading their mod description. Which, lemme actually refresh my memory;

[...] Indix are usually considered an eccentric and antisocial race, largely due to their natural nervousness toward the material world and the defensive or paranoid attitude of Collectors. Most Indix see the material world as pure chaos and enjoy their anti-social communities. Most feel extreme pressure and stress when in contact with others and generally avoid other living things. The few Indix who have become notorious throughout the universe are generally known for their cynical attitudes and twisted sense of humor.

Yeah that seems about what i remember. First part of the mod description mentions them pulling a gun on someone over them breathing in their presence.

21 minutes ago, red3dred said:

It's only been requested around three times by now, make it 4.

And if i remember correctly, creator denied support for lore reasons.

While you see "hologram waifu" they see "Virtual beings that repugnate the physical realm, but need it to directly interact with the world" or something. At least that's what i remember from reading their mod description. Which, lemme actually refresh my memory;

Yeah that seems about what i remember. First part of the mod description mentions them pulling a gun on someone over them breathing in their presence.

..... Oh this complicates things.  Thank you for the prompt response though, and sorry for the repeat!

4 hours ago, arcocephale said:

Here to beg for humbly request an Ooze compatch. 
It'd mean the world to me; it's not sexbound unless, afterwards, my genetalia is glowing.
Yes, I posted in the wrong thread before; mea culpa.

Mind linking the mod, and if you're feeling courageous, trying to get the permission for the mod? Also i'll throw this copy-pasta around to make life easier;

@red3dred Thanks for the copypasta, fortunately I'm not that blind. Heh! Anyway, I think the author may or may not be active anymore, but I might actually have contact info to shoot them a mail - if I get a response in a week or so, what's considered the 'proper' way to show that they agreed (assuming they don't want to make an account here)? Screen-capping the e-mail?

Anyway, while I ponder that, the race in question is here, or here for those who don't like steam.

I'll try to get in touch with the author and see how they feel; Amoeba a cutie, my cause is just. (And if they don't want their mod associated with us here, I'll - cry a lot, and ask a slime to put on some green radioactive body paint, but otherwise be fine with that.) I'll probably post back in a week or so, or earlier if contact goes well.

5 hours ago, arcocephale said:

@red3dred Thanks for the copypasta, fortunately I'm not that blind. Heh! Anyway, I think the author may or may not be active anymore, but I might actually have contact info to shoot them a mail - if I get a response in a week or so, what's considered the 'proper' way to show that they agreed (assuming they don't want to make an account here)? Screen-capping the e-mail?

Anyway, while I ponder that, the race in question is here, or here for those who don't like steam.

I'll try to get in touch with the author and see how they feel; Amoeba a cutie, my cause is just. (And if they don't want their mod associated with us here, I'll - cry a lot, and ask a slime to put on some green radioactive body paint, but otherwise be fine with that.) I'll probably post back in a week or so, or earlier if contact goes well.

A good way to make sure it's the original Author, is to make sure they agree to it and show a picture of their steam profile as "Author" of the mod, and the associated steam messages, it doesn't need to be posted here, it's put in a form elsewhere once the support creator agrees to it.

As for the race itself, i don't see any particular difficulty as to why it wouldn't be implemented. They do seem to be pretty similar to the existing slimes, though, so one could always reporpuse their support without much issue, if need be.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:01 AM, arcocephale said:

Just out of curiosity what’s the difference between these guys and the Slime race? I know the mod adds items but I mean in terms of the race themselves