Race Support Requests

Sorry for the sudden bump, so i was going to make an addon for the bossmonsters race regarding their missing armors the other day and i thought i'd ask the author for permission as in for the sexbound patch, not long after i got a reply:

"About the first request, feel free to do so, but I gotta warn you that I am developing an successor for this mod, focusing on another faction. The Dreemurrers are going to be also playable, but at launch they might still not be completed, so yeah, the armors are fine.

I can't confirm you when I'm going to release a stable version for this successor, but I was working on it a couple of days ago and it wont take too long.

About the second request, I really don't care about addons for this mod be it NSFW or SFW, but that doesn't mean I'm confortable with it, I just really don't care enough."

• 2 weeks later...

howdy, is it possible to make one for the Kirhos race? they aren't a FU specific race, and the mod creator has the "Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent." on the chucklefish community original post, both the discontinued og and the reloaded versions

7 hours ago, nemiemi said:

howdy, is it possible to make one for the Kirhos race? they aren't a FU specific race, and the mod creator has the "Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent." on the chucklefish community original post, both the discontinued og and the reloaded versions

One, that obviously refers to "modpacks" not addons/modifications of the mod.
Two, FU's fans would literally harass anyone making it out of the universe.
... three... *ahem*... They exist already, check the front page of the Starbound adult mods you bingus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

no idea if its ever been looked at or discussed, but a race that's been around forever is missing here and i was wondering if its a possibility or if the original mod maker has said no at some point. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729432341 the Orcana being one of the more favorite races of mine, not too many aquatic races around aside slugs or weird "literally just a human, but aquatic for reasons.tm" if anyone knows anything do let me know as i have searched the forums and come up empty handed on it.

9 minutes ago, ClaimSuit said:

no idea if its ever been looked at or discussed, but a race that's been around forever is missing here and i was wondering if its a possibility or if the original mod maker has said no at some point. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729432341 the Orcana being one of the more favorite races of mine, not too many aquatic races around aside slugs or weird "literally just a human, but aquatic for reasons.tm" if anyone knows anything do let me know as i have searched the forums and come up empty handed on it.

Author already said no back then, if you have ton of time you can check it on the comments where he already said no as an answer

On 7/24/2023 at 9:00 PM, Heaterboi said:

the spirit tree race mod seems to be abandoned

does this still mean a sexbound patch cant be made of it or is there a "wait time" before an abandoned mod can be patched?

I really wanna bone a forest spirit

Policy is no means no even in case of abandonment, don't want author coming back just to slap LL.
But if you have the skill & motivation you can make it for yourself, can't stop you as long as you don't post it.

8 hours ago, VampireOfMarkarth said:

Policy is no means no even in case of abandonment, don't want author coming back just to slap LL.
But if you have the skill & motivation you can make it for yourself, can't stop you as long as you don't post it.

There is room to support abandoned races unless they have specified permission rules on them.

EG: If you ask the creator, and they refuse to answer for a month, and the mod hasn't received updates for over 6 months, i'd say the creator would not come out of the wood-work to complain unless they're being petty about it, but alas, it's their choice. Why not respond the first few times they were asked instead?

Edited by red3dred
On 7/27/2023 at 4:59 PM, red3dred said:

There is room to support abandoned races unless they have specified permission rules on them.

EG: If you ask the creator, and they refuse to answer for a month, and the mod hasn't received updates for over 6 months, i'd say the creator would not come out of the wood-work to complain unless they're being petty about it, but alas, it's their choice. Why not respond the first few times they were asked instead?

if i known that i would have not wait 3 years to hear from some of them.
edit. i'm not fucking kidding btw.

Edited by shittyguy
On 7/27/2023 at 4:59 PM, red3dred said:

So basically just 2 more months before its viable

• 2 weeks later...

hello i've went through this entire forum to check if the tauren of warcraft (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1327392829&searchtext=tau) has been asked for and or denied. the last time i saw someone talking about its permission it said it was pending but this was years ago....

so i was wondering if there was any denial from the creator since then and if this race is in the works/planning to go into the works?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, THATCHER2699 said:

is there any chance of the indix race being supported?

Given that the mod's last update was in 2021, and there is a thread from 2020 on the mod asking for support permission, it's clear the author is not interested in allowing support. Couldn't find the comment/response directly, either deleted or not posted on Steam, but alas, the Indix, according to the creator, dislike the physical world, as such we can presume it's both "lore reasons" and creator's preference there.

Until someone manages to get an answer, we can't say the race is good to go.

If you really want support you can always make it yourself and not distribute.

Edited by red3dred
  • 2 weeks later...