Battlefield 5 Is A Mess

Darkening Demise

Ya' know, if they are going down this wild, bombastic, Michael Bay-esque, historically inaccurate path, why not go all out and just make a fantasy game?  Why not a Battlefield set in a wild steampunk world, with imaginative weapons, magic, different races and sexes and classes?

Hell, since WW2 has been done to death, and they've done WW1, why not go way, way back in history, and do Battlefield The Crusades.  Can you imagine a game mode where you had to lay siege to the other team's castle? 100 v 100 (I can dream), catapults firing, siege towers rolling, arrows blotting out the sun.

*edit*  I just noticed at the :36 second mark, the guy has a katana.  Dice, just fucking make a fantasy game, and go wild.

I'm so sorry female character models in the latest pump-cash-out-of-consumers shooter is going to ruin your experience. After all, it's not the nearly limitless ammo, regenerating health, sweet plane loop-de-loops or silly wave spawning that will do it - it's the lack of a Y chromosome that really takes this out of the realm of "historical accuracy."

dang ol sjws

If reviving somebody who got blown to bits with a defibrillator, fixing a near-broken tank in half a minute with a blowtorch, and parachuting 5 feet above ground doesn't ruin your immersion, but the addition of women does, I get the impression that you just have something against women.

You do know that the Secret Weapons of WWII Expansion of the original BF 1942 had Jetpacks, right ? Fucking Jetpacks. Battlefield has never been realistic, that's what Arma is for.

There's always been women in war. Yes, they probably didn't fight the way they were portrayed in the BF trailer but, like... obviously, right? Neither did the men btw *hinthint*.

Anyway, I think the new BF has a lot of potential, just like BFOne had. I only hope we'll get some actual BIG maps once again - I'm talking BF1942 El Alamein big...

Man, a dude can dream.

What people seem to completely fucking misunderstand is the fact, most people don't care if there is a woman in the trailer. But rather, fans of the series has asked for a authentic historical accurate war game for years (and I use the words "authentic historical accurate" very loosely here because it's Battlefield/Dice/EA after all).

When I watch the trailer, I don't see a Battlefield game. I just see another mindless CoD/Far Cry game. 

I would say it's the exact same approach people had to Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Autistic snowflakes complained the game was boring, slow, tedious, bla bla bla bla, while the true RPG-lovers, loved it. Yes it took time to get into the game. You had to literally think of everything. You had to (role)play as a man who was living around that age, and you had to train, you had to eat, you had to sleep, you had to bath, you had to do everything. And then when you slowly were starting to get the hang of it, you would become better and better and really hold your own. KC:D were a somewhat authentic historical game and that is what people loved about it. We are tired of the pew-pew retarded dumb down braindead games. 

This Battlefield game is no different. We don't want a woman with a prosthetic arm and a butterfly on her rifle dodging tanks left and right, while quick scoping someone all while the rest of her squad is running around with Katanas on their back while everything looks like it could had been taken from a Michel Bay movie. What we want is a game that is somewhat close to real life as possible with it's settings and accurate roles soldiers had at the time no matter the genders. We simply do not give a shit about what fucking reproduction organ one may have. We just don't want another piss poor mindless shooter that has already been made to death several times over by now.

I have nothing against diversity in video games as long as it's done properly and, of course, if it makes sense.

The problem is that people responsible for making diverse characters don't know how to do that properly, so they'll just shove their special snowflakes right in your face as often as possible. This doesn't look like "women soldiers are OK", it literally looks like "LOOK AT HER EVERYONE! SHE'S NOT A NORMAL SOLDIER LIKE THE REST OF US, SHE'S A CRIPPLED WOMAN!".

The same goes to racial and sexual orientation diversity. They're just really fucking bad at implementing it. It looks like something that was written by a 12 year old.

I'd like to see a very realistic modern fps game about WW2 or WW1, but that's very unlikely to happen because (I'll probably get crucified for that) most players would find that boring, they would slam their controllers and rage quit. They prefer to be pretty much a space marine in WW2 scenario who doesn't give a flying fucking shit about being shot multiple times and proceeds to wipe the floor with everything that moves.

And no, I have nothing against space marines.

Edit: In fact I think that modern game industry could use some good old cleansing.

Diversity is fine, as long as its not shoved down our throats California style. Or in this case EA style. They messed up with Battlefield 1 too since all I saw were black guys fighting on the war zone which doesn't make sense but hey whatever diversity is was gave us Mass Effect Andromeda and that horrible Dragon Age Inquisition.

Its not surprising after they ruined Bioware, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age. That they would move onto DICE and Battlefield.

DICE has responded by saying 'women are here to stay'. So authenticity is truly gone.

SJWs threw a fit about all the enemies in Resident Evil 4, a game set in AFRICA, being all black until Capcom included white enemies as well. In other news, water is wet. Film at eleven. :classic_tongue:

This is another case of "tolerating the things that cannot be changed." Unless a video game is specifically striving for historical accuracy, the butthurt will crawl out of the woodwork to protest anything and everything they dislike. Evil Arts is among the groups who cravenly cater to the vocal minority that are SJWs. The only way to "change what cannot be tolerated" is for people to stop buying EA games. Which is about as likely as peace in the Middle East.

As NickNozownik pointed out, we have absolutely no issues with diversity if it's done right. But if you implement it, in such fucking retarded way, because reasons, you have lost all respect. The are tons or female characters who is loved by many because they have been done right, and they have tons of backstory and sometimes you can even relate to them. Not necessary because of their gender, but their journey and struggles. 

On 5/24/2018 at 7:35 PM, a_robot said:

If reviving somebody who got blown to bits with a defibrillator, fixing a near-broken tank in half a minute with a blowtorch, and parachuting 5 feet above ground doesn't ruin your immersion, but the addition of women does, I get the impression that you just have something against women.

Another one who doesn't get or understand the dislike and the points we have.

First of all, the developers has said they wanted to make a authentic accurate game and yet they made a trailer for the game that is anything but authentic accurate for this time period. Second, instead of choosing to tell a real story about lesser known combatants in the war, they chose for a very cheap customization option so they can say "look we have women in our game." And they also introduced her in the most retarded way possible. Any disabled soldier no matter the gender, would not be fighting on the front-line like this. They would be sent home directly.

Otherwise I would love to see an authentic representation of the women that fought for the British Army, the USSR, or even the female resistance members. That would had made it more realistic and interesting by featuring real women that fought during the war. I would had loved to play as Lyudmila Pavlichenko for example. And if done right, it could even be to some extent, be used to educate people (without showing it down our throats ofc) but no, Instead we get just another brain dead CoD/Far Cry game which has been made to death over and over. But now it features boobs as well!

Take Sniper Elite for example. Many of the missions are based on real life events during WWII, but with a bit of a twist. However, they are simply not that crazy, so you can still enjoy and even immerse yourself in the game world.

And speaking of immersion. Immersion tries to be as authentic as possible while sacrificing a bit of realism for the sake of gameplay (respawns, weapon damage, character movement). It strives to be believable, but not a full on simulation because after all its a game and it has to be fun. Full on realism in a game would make for a terrible game, and no fun at all. I am a hardcore sim racer myself using a steering wheel, pedals and stuff, and I always strive for having as close to reality experience I can get even when I damn well know, it's not.

On 5/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Who would've thought that the SJWs that ruined Bioware would move over to DICE next? So much for authenticity/historical accuracy.

I don't usually follow SJW blasting.. and was like meh..

till i saw that woman on the main cover.

i can see they started doing those since BF1, for extra main selling i supposed

well now they found out it's indeed sold successfully, and might as well put her into skimpy armor, short pants what not. like metalgears, pointblank .. anything that put bra wearing into gunfight.

11 hours ago, coldblackcoffee said:

well now they found out it's indeed sold successfully, and might as well put her into skimpy armor, short pants what not. like metalgears, pointblank .. anything that put bra wearing into gunfight.

isnt that what this site lover slab dot com is all about

3 hours ago, Simsexual90 said:

oh no a women is on the cover and in the game oh no how could they............lmao keep crying don't like the game its real simple don't buy it 

I don't think you will feel the same the day your favorite game, movie or any other media is filled with progressive SJW bullshit. 

Also, it's not about there being a woman on the cover (although I admit I have see some complains about that), or in the game. But it's about how they introduced her in the most retarded way possible. The developer said that would create the most authentic accurate WWII they could, because people were getting tired of the same CoD formula. They had the chance to make something really good this time, and yet, instead of showing a strong woman in a proper setting and role, they just made another CoD game anyway but also now with boobs with a prosthetic arm.

That is what people is upset about. 

I can guarantee you that most people would love to play as woman in the WWII. But they don't want to play as woman with blue face-paint and prosthetic arm running around at the front with a sniper quick-scoping everyone.

It breaks the immersion and is literally the complete opposite of being authentic and accurate.

3 hours ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

I don't think you will feel the same the day your favorite game, movie or any other media is filled with progressive SJW bullshit. 

Also, it's not about there being a woman on the cover (although I admit I have see some complains about that), or in the game. But it's about how they introduced her in the most retarded way possible.

What has a "blue face-paint and prosthetic arm running around at the front with a sniper quick-scoping everyone" women to do with SJWs?

It might have been a poor design choice to show/introduce her like this, but I don't get the connection how SJWs ruined the game... none of them was asking for blue face-paint or a sniper rifle.

3 hours ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

Also, it's not about there being a woman on the cover (although I admit I have see some complains about that), or in the game. But it's about how they introduced her in the most retarded way possible. The developer said that would create the most authentic accurate WWII they could, because people were getting tired of the same CoD formula. They had the chance to make something really good this time, and yet, instead of showing a strong woman in a proper setting and role, they just made another CoD game anyway but also now with boobs with a prosthetic arm.

That is what people is upset about. 

I can guarantee you that most people would love to play as woman in the WWII. But they don't want to play as woman with blue face-paint and prosthetic arm running around at the front with a sniper quick-scoping everyone.

It breaks the immersion and is literally the complete opposite of being authentic and accurate.

Yeah using the word 'retarded' in that way I see what kind of person and when something that I don't like happens to a game I like I simply don't buy it I don't go running crying on the internet about it 

15 hours ago, Alter Native said:

What has a "blue face-paint and prosthetic arm running around at the front with a sniper quick-scoping everyone" women to do with SJWs?

It might have been a poor design choice to show/introduce her like this, but I don't get the connection how SJWs ruined the game... none of them was asking for blue face-paint or a sniper rifle.

SJW's has complained for a couple of years now that women is never depicted in these kind of games. Which is true, but it's not done because of sexism or hate towards women. It's because, women were never on the front-line. Not like this. And even if there were some women who fought on the front-line there would never ever be any disabled woman with a prosthetic arm and face paint like this there. In fact, there wouldn't even be a man with these things there. And when we try to point this out, all of sudden we hate women?

Get the fuck out of here. That's is just a cop out.

We are pissed off because of the way women are now introduced in these games. We want them to be introduced in a way that feels natural. Battlefield has always been the better game and more realistic if we compared it to CoD for example, due to bullet drop and the ability to destroy buildings. It's still a very unrealistic game in general, but is miles more realistic than CoD. Sometimes you have just to cut out some realism to make space for gameplay. But a game can still be very immerse if it's done right. 

Other than that, it's not wrong to have face paint or any wacky stuff in your game if it fits the setting. I mean, take Overwatch for example. It's just a wacky game with wacky characters and it fits well together. 

But that game has never claimed to be realistic either.

This time the developer said that were going back to the roots and we all shouted "HELL YEAH" because we were getting tired of the over saturation of FPS with no story or campaign currently on the market. And then we get this fucking shit once again. 

And Dice is from my country, so I know pretty well what they stand for.

14 hours ago, Simsexual90 said:

Yeah using the word 'retarded' in that way I see what kind of person and when something that I don't like happens to a game I like I simply don't buy it I don't go running crying on the internet about it 

You seriously need to use commas and punctuation, because it took me four tries to even remotely understand what you were saying.

Anyway, there is a lot of things I don't like in our society. Doesn't mean I should just stop caring about it and sit back and let it happen. People often speak up about something even if it doesn't affect them, because it's about the bigger picture.

For example, I do not support any game who uses loot boxes and other useless crap, but I will still speak up against it because if you don't, soon every fucking game will have them. 

What I a trying to say is, not everything is just in black and white. 

This whole mess could have been avoided simply by understanding that genre labels are there for a purpose. They determine which degree of suspension of disbelief is required to be immersed in the experience which is already diminished by things such the gameplay conventions of video games.

Setting authenticity is essential to defining a setting, genre or sub-genre. Each little bit of inauthenticity one adds, the harder it is to achieve said immersion. It is like impurities in food. The presence of impurities does not mean that food might as well be served on the bare floor.

People tend not to like finding something other than what they expect in a clearly marked wrapper. It would be no different than fans of the Sailor Moon series getting a series focused on Mamoru romancing various villainesses with no indicator that Tuxedo Kamen is going to be the protagonist now. It doesn't matter how much of a fan favorite he is, the fans won't appreciate having him dropped into the lead without being informed of it in advance.

People had no problem with women in previous games in the series because they weren't set on the front lines in WW2. There was no angry mobs or hashtags warriors foaming at the mouth because of female avatars in Call of Duty. More people were angry about there being no women in Brink, a fantasy shooter, than are upset about women being on the front lines during WW2 right now. 

Archived