Ousnius,

Outfit Studio allows for separating a mesh into two or more separate mesh objects.  Is there a way in Outfit Studio to reverse that?  To join two or more mesh objects into a single one?

Thanks for all the work on this and I cannot wait for the new CBBE to be released.

Ousnius,

Outfit Studio allows for separating a mesh into two or more separate mesh objects.  Is there a way in Outfit Studio to reverse that?  To join two or more mesh objects into a single one?

Thanks for all the work on this and I cannot wait for the new CBBE to be released.

Unfortunately not, doing it the other way is way harder or actually impossible.

When you have two meshes, they have two sets of textures and two shaders. You can't really merge that, you would have to redo the mesh in 3D software to work like that.

Ousnius,

When you have two meshes, they have two sets of textures and two shaders. You can't really merge that, you would have to redo the mesh in 3D software to work like that.

Ahh.. Basically you can add clothes to the mesh, but taking separate parts you need the software to do it. Example.. Blender or Max. 

Ousnius,

Thanks for the swift answers.  It's been a long while since I used Blender, I was thinking of the join function, but I guess the difference is that you do that in blender before setting the texture.

edit: Looks like it works fine when I run it as administrator. Weird, it wasn't doing that before :P

edit 2: Now it started doing it when I press Preview in BodySlide even as administrator :(

This crash looks like it is occurring whenever BodySide or Outfit Studio try to use OpenGL to render. Do you have an AMD or Intel GPU by chance?

Ah, that's probably it then! I was using an Nvidia GPU last time I was working. Using an AMD now. Is there any way to fix it?

Of that's the problem they it's likely be cause there's leftovers from a previous driver. You can get DDU Display Driver Uninstaller from guru 3d and clean both amd and Nvidia then just reinstall the one you need.

If you already used DDU then I'm at a loss.

Just gave it a try, but no luck. Strangely though, I just went into device manager, and disabled then re-enabled the AMD GPU and it seems to work now? I have a feeling I didn't actually fix anything.

edit: Yep...it started doing it again

AMD GPUs are absolutely fantastic, but their terrible driver support for OpenGL is legendary. This is not something that can be fixed in BodySlide/Outfit Studio.

AMD GPUs are absolutely fantastic, but their terrible driver support for OpenGL is legendary. This is not something that can be fixed in BodySlide/Outfit Studio.

Is it only a problem for older GPUs? I'm using a 280X right now but I plan on getting Vega soon, so maybe that will help. If nothing else, is there a way I can force it to use a different GPU? I have a really crappy Nvidia GT 730 in my system as well that would at least let me use BodySlide hopefully, but it always loads up on the AMD GPU unless I disable it in device manager which is a massive pain

Is it only a problem for older GPUs? I'm using a 280X right now but I plan on getting Vega soon, so maybe that will help. If nothing else, is there a way I can force it to use a different GPU? I have a really crappy Nvidia GT 730 in my system as well that would at least let me use BodySlide hopefully, but it always loads up on the AMD GPU unless I disable it in device manager which is a massive pain

Not really, it is more of a software problem. AMD GPUs themselves are extremely capable and awesome (they run DX and Vulkan games with zero issues almost all the time) but for some reason general purpose OpenGL (not OpenGL for a specific game like Quake or DOOM) throws them off.

To be fair, this is not AMD's problem really since the OpenGL spec was designed by committee and if you adhere to it 100% you end up with broken crap. Nvidia only achieves the OpenGL success they have by straying from the spec where it is broken. The failings of OpenGL is why Vulkan came to be.  It is effectively a do-over of OpenGL for modern hardware.

What you can do is find someone that is running the same card and is running BS/OS without any issues, then find out what driver revision they're running and use that. Alternately if you're running an Intel Core series CPU and your BIOS supports it, and you have two monitors, you could try enabling the Intel GPU to power your second monitor and run BS/OS in that monitor.  It sounds crazy but I've seen it work.

Is it normal for Caliente to disappear from time to time? I mean, do you have any idea of when they'll return from whatever they're doing, if you where to guess?

According to Ousnius, it apparently does happen from time to time.

There is this thing, if i remember right its called "real-life" or something..this shouldnt mean i know what it is, but one told me it got to do something with shit outside of my smoke-chamber-desktop-place..i don't trust this anyways..

Is it normal for Caliente to disappear from time to time? I mean, do you have any idea of when they'll return from whatever they're doing, if you where to guess?

There is this thing, if i remember right its called "real-life" or something..this shouldnt mean i know what it is, but one told me it got to do something with shit outside of my smoke-chamber-desktop-place..i don't trust this anyways..

This "real life" you're talking about usually doesn't make people disappear from existence with no way to contact them :P

This "real life" you're talking about usually doesn't make people disappear from existence with no way to contact them :P

Sorry, i did not know about that, i only know what's been told me..i never tried real life so all statements are 100% theoretically. Maybe the 3ds student version expired ;)

Sorry, i did not know about that, i only know what's been told me..i never tried real life so all statements are 100% theoretically. Maybe the 3ds student version expired ;)

I don't know about you guys, but this "real life" place seems like a terrible place if it's taking you away from the safety and familiarity of your desktop and the Skyrim community.  :P  I don't know why anyone would want to go there.

I don't know about you guys, but this "real life" place seems like a terrible place if it's taking you away from the safety and familiarity of your desktop and the Skyrim community.  :P  I don't know why anyone would want to go there.

Nobody wants to go there, just now an then it grabs you by your bits and drags you kicking and screaming back to it :(

i have allot of mods for skyrim.

i hope they also work in skyrim special edition.

like follower mods and skyUI and allot of other thing.

is skyrim special edition it worth it?

i already have it from the moment i did buy skyrim for some reason.

i did not even pay for the special edition on steam.

and i have it for a very long time but did not even knew i hat it XD

In short anything that needed SKSE for normal Skyrim will not work in the Special Edition.

The Nexus has mod pages for Skyrim Special Edition and if there is an equivalent Special Edition mod available it will be there.

I hope this helps.

A lot of mods are already ported for Special Edition. A few that haven't been ported to specifically work, still work anyway. SkyUI is an example of one such, though since there is no SKSE for Special Edition at this time, some of the features do not work. Also because of no SKSE there are some mods that do not work because they rely on it for functionality. A lot of authors have been creative in work arounds for the lack of SKSE so some mods are available anyway.

You'll get mixed answers as to whether it's worth it. In the long run YES! Better memory management, less crashing, etc. Special edition was free to anyone who owned the Classic version and all the expansion DLCs. You just automatically get it on steam if you qualified.

TL;DR Worth trying. Check if the mods you want to use are already converted to work.

maybe i install skyrim and the special edition.

i just go play both of them i think :)

A lot of mods are already ported for Special Edition. A few that haven't been ported to specifically work, still work anyway. SkyUI is an example of one such, though since there is no SKSE for Special Edition at this time, some of the features do not work. Also because of no SKSE there are some mods that do not work because they rely on it for functionality. A lot of authors have been creative in work arounds for the lack of SKSE so some mods are available anyway.

You'll get mixed answers as to whether it's worth it. In the long run YES! Better memory management, less crashing, etc. Special edition was free to anyone who owned the Classic version and all the expansion DLCs. You just automatically get it on steam if you qualified.

TL;DR Worth trying. Check if the mods you want to use are already converted to work.