View File

Obsolete, use AbductionLite instead.

This is a very work-in-progress WIP project and as such comes with no guarantees or warranty regarding safety or function. Please make sure to read this description before deciding to use it and do not run it on that super important save you have no backups for or expect the mod to be uninstallable without problems either immediately or down the road.

WHAT IS THIS?
This mod allows the player to subdue, abduct and control encountered NPCs. They can either be put to work at a settlement or be ordered to act like a simple follower/bodyguard. This is done through a system similar to the Intimidation perk and works as follows

* Player crafts the holotape at any chem station
* Player makes sure the control quest is running in the MOD menu after which they can add the perk
* Player approaches NPC and when close enough issues the "SUBDUE" command while looking through iron sights
* While subdued the player can issue the next command in the same manner by aiming and issuing the "ABDUCT" command
* The shock collar is equipped and the NPC can now be send to the settlement of your choice and will start to travel there as soon as the selection is done
When the equipment requirement option is active the above actions are done with the Abduction Baton equipped with the extra options like dismiss/recruit displayed by BLOCKING

After being set to a settlement the player also have the option to immediately RECRUIT, again by aiming, and naturally also DISMISS the NPC similar to a follower.

While in a settlement the NPC will function as any other settler and can work farming, scavenging, guarding etc. They can also work as a trader but since the enemy NPCs have no recorded dialogue for this they'll do so silently, just pretend they're sulking and giving you the silent treatment you evil slaver you. The player will address them similar to what the Intimidation perk does and the NPC should also respond in the same manner, at least when active as follower. They'll also keep their default quips so you'll hear their faction specific shouts when in combat. Keep in mind they also seem to retain the "infinite grenade" option enemy NPCs have so things can get messy. Besides that they're also given the keywords for infinite ammo and to be stimpackable.

The customization options are fairly extensive ranging from changing voice, outfits, combat style and is continuously updated. For a complete and current list please see the changelog entries.

Regarding doctor or vendor assignment dialogue

If you abduct a npc with custom dialogue like a doctor and vendor they'll most likely lose these when their factions are stripped. You can attempt to avoid this by disabling the faction removal in mod options BEFORE you abduct them. Also remember to disable the threat dialogue otherwise the Intimidation quips will still override.
If you forget to do this before assigning them a new job just assign them to something else and back again.

Mod not working?

If the mod isn't working make sure the control quest is running by starting/resetting it from the MOD holotape menu after which all functions including adding the perk should work. The reset feature will remove all NPCs from the system but they should be re-acquired again on the next game load provided they're assigned to a workshop

SO WHAT'S THE DISCLAIMER ALL ABOUT THEN?
Two main areas, implementation and completeness

Implementation issues
* The workshopnpc script necessary to allow settlement functions is attached to template actors. This means you might potentially have a whole lot of (enemy) NPCs running scripts in your game. I do not know if they actually take any resources or even are active when the NPC isn't in a settlement but anyone familiar with the vanilla game bug where settlers break in pretty much every way possible except imploding you know the workshop/settlement system is unstable as it is.
* Since the scripts are attached to template actors it also means any mod that relies on them being intact and behaving as they should (that is, shooting the player in the face rather than tending to their mutfruits) might have problems
* And naturally since the mod changes rank 1 and 3 of the Intimidation perk any mod that does the same might also have problems
* NPCs does not have the stimpak option - It's there but not shown, "E" still works
* NPCs does not have "STAY" dialogue command when set to follower - It's there but mislabeled as a second "Talk" option
* If you have no settlement to send them to the NPC will linger - Keep them as a follower until you capture/get one
* NPCs will sometimes attack "free" settlers - Unknown why, they have their faction affiliations stripped and are assigned to the workshop-faction on abduction. If it's a problem make separate settlements for those you capture
* Not all NPCs are capturable - You can only capture NPCs equal to or under the player character level. Also, any NPC that doesn't use the template, most random encounter ones and hand placed for specific events/quests/scenes/etc for example, wont have the necessary workshop-script attached and the SUBDUE command won't show for them.
* NPCs act differently in settlements - I haven't touched their sandbox packages so they'll use whatever default they have
* NPCs run off in combat when companions - It seems some are set to sandbox/linger in a specific location and it might draw them back. Their combat AI isn't modified either so in any situation where they'd normally flee they'll still pick the option regardless if it means leaving the player fighting alone.
* The perk is overwritten or overwrites the Intimidation one - pick one or the other.
* NPCs assigned as doctors and other unique dialogue vendors only have the trade/barter option - There is no recorded dialogue for enemies to work as these rather unsurprisingly. Set a default voice supporting these functions

Completeness issues
* While being able to subdue someone with a gun is plausible making them abductable might not be, changing the requirement to a stun gun/rod similar to Fallout 2 might be more realistic.
* NPC wandering off to a settlement instead of simply running away as soon as the player is gone isn't good either, adding a requirement for the player to craft and attach an explosive slave collar or other restraint would be an option
* A faction to trade slaves should be added so the player can sell captured ones or buy to work in their settlements
* Affinity should be added to companions, negative across the board mostly
* Reactions should be added to other factions/NPCs, for example the Railroad or Minutemen probably wouldn't like if the player came to pay them a visit with a bunch of slaves in tow. Certain NPCs would also have an issue with the whole thing.
* Having many slaves from one side should prompt increased frequency and level of threat from the associated faction, they probably want their friends back right?
And probably a bunch of other stuff I forgot.

Stuff that's loosely planned to be added
* Option to change the voice type of NPCs so they get the recorded lines to function as doctors Added in 0.41
* Option to change combat variables so they work better fighting in follower mode Added in 0.41
* Option to change facial expression and body language
* Option to remove the NPC from the intimidation quest which would remove the related threat / mercy dialogue. Added in 0.41

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/18/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Automatron DLC, Nuka World

Edited by CPU
Guest kimbale

Thanks for fixing one of the most annoying things in Fallout 4. Intimidation is utterly useless - and i thought it'd do what this mod now allows at the last perk rank... 

Having an actual "pacifist" option adds like ten iterated layers of RP possibilities, not to mention making combat CHA actually useful.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I'll see if I can tweak things a bit more if it turns out the "Nuka World" doesn't make the mod pointless. Might be possible to do a "body swap" on abducted NPCs and spawn a specific type of actor with the necessary scripts on demand so there never are any more than needed running around with them.

As this mod relies on the Lady Killer and Black Widow perks, does this mean that you can only subdue NPC's of the opposite gender from your character?

*Woulda been a lot easier (and I also would have liked) if Fallout 4 had the same perks that Fallout: New Vegas had for "male character on male NPC" (Confirmed Bachelor) and "female character on female NPC" (Cherchez La Femme). :/

I seem to be able to subdue men fine, but I still only see the normal "pacify" option for women (playing as a girl).

EDIT: Screenshot example:

8s9yXbQ.jpg

VLWpO2A.jpg

Additionally, I'd like to patch some other mods so that this would work on them - do I just need to add the "workshopnpc" script to them, or are there other things I'd need to do as well?

Also I highly doubt Nuka World will have a sophisticated slavery system; I kinda doubt you will be given any more options than "kill everyone" or "persuade everyone to join you". I mean those have been the only options in Fallout 4 thus far, main game and DLC's - you either commit mass genocide, or you find a really half-assed excuse for them to stop fighting (which in the case of Far Harbor actually felt like the much more evil option actually O.o).

I'm sure anything modders can make will end up being infinitely more complex - that's pretty much how it always is with Bethesda games... =.=

I actually can't seem to get the "Subdue" option to work - my only success thus far has been with NPC's who were already earmarked by the game as "docile", in this case ones belonging to the "captive faction".

Both NPC from the vanilla game (i.e. the ones from the "radiant" Minutemen quests to go rescue X settler from X location) or the NPC's that were added by other mods seem to work fine in this way, as it just skips the "Subdue" part and skips right to the "Abduct" option. Is this because that faction is what you place them into to get the "Abduct" option to display properly...?

Oh, and one more small bug:

Seems like NPC's that I send to settlements don't stop playing the "nervous hunched over hand wringing" idle animation when they are assigned to perform a task. I mean the game still registers them as being assigned to X object, but the object's specific animation (i.e. farming, scavenging, etc.) does not play on them as their nervous idle seems to be overriding it.

EDIT: Actually forget this part - it just occured to me that the mod that these NPC's the were from was the source of that idle animation, so it's just one of those quirks from using a mod like this that forces other things out of the way they were intended to function. n.nU

No Black Widow and Ladykiller should work on both genders. I mainly tested it on a female player character and worked fine there. There is no "getissex" or similar check that should block use. But most of the other from the Intimidation perk are. You can use the "sv" command on a NPC to check if they have the workshopnpc script attached and also "getlevel" to see if they're low enough to be captured. 

Also, the raiders just north west of Sanctuary near the power lines are capturable , the ones in Concord, Hangmans Alley, Backstreet apparel and those in the ATF building too. Those are the ones I tested with the mod. At least for me, running a bunch of mods but nothing that should change them to become so afaik. I haven't had any NPCs skipping the subdue part though.

Tried spawning 30-40 different ones from the "help raider 4" list but none had the workshopnpc script. So it's probably just one or a few in there that's has it and are reused. I found a  working gunner version with id "ce985" level 15 or something however you can spawn in for testing.

Should be safe to remove the captivefaction check entirely and just use the "getrestrained" condition check. Could very likely be that that causes problems since the game probably reuses NPCs in that faction also for other random encounters besides being captives. And yeah, adding the workshopnpc script to the NPCs should be enough as long as long as there are no limitations "inherited" from the Intimidation checks that block but you can probably just delete them.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, can i suggest you, if possible to make the slave collar from nuka world a thing that works with the mod, and for control i think that those control towers from the wasteland workshop could be like a radious where the now "slave" can walk on, like a safe zone, if he leaves, boom, head blown, i don't know if that is possible to make, just an idea.

player abducting npc = boring

player being abducted by npc = internesting!!

thats my opinion though

you need a balance in that. skyrim overburden with these types of mod and they were getting boring as well. To many player obduction but hardly any player being able abduct an npc. I think this mod is fantastic. I like to play a strong character not weak fool. With nuka cola dlc it does make sense.

well if you don't like this mod this is more up your alley:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61532-fallout-4-player-surrender/

As this mod relies on the Lady Killer and Black Widow perks, does this mean that you can only subdue NPC's of the opposite gender from your character?

*Woulda been a lot easier (and I also would have liked) if Fallout 4 had the same perks that Fallout: New Vegas had for "male character on male NPC" (Confirmed Bachelor) and "female character on female NPC" (Cherchez La Femme). :/

I seem to be able to subdue men fine, but I still only see the normal "pacify" option for women (playing as a girl).

[snip the picture]

Additionally, I'd like to patch some other mods so that this would work on them - do I just need to add the "workshopnpc" script to them, or are there other things I'd need to do as well?

Also I highly doubt Nuka World will have a sophisticated slavery system; I kinda doubt you will be given any more options than "kill everyone" or "persuade everyone to join you". I mean those have been the only options in Fallout 4 thus far, main game and DLC's - you either commit mass genocide, or you find a really half-assed excuse for them to stop fighting (which in the case of Far Harbor actually felt like the much more evil option actually O.o).

I'm sure anything modders can make will end up being infinitely more complex - that's pretty much how it always is with Bethesda games... =.=

I may be wrong but isn't that a child raider you cannot restrain (from raider children)? This could explain the issue....

[snip the picture]

I may be wrong but isn't that a child raider you cannot restrain (from raider children)? This could explain the issue....

No, I just prefer petite women and am using a very petite bodyslide preset I tailored to my personal preferences (a-cup or so). I don't have any mods installed that separate the player's body from the rest of the NPC's, so it gets applied to all the females in the game (personally I don't mind).

The screenshot above is of a poor perspective, so it makes the male look WAY taller than the female (also he's floating above the ground slightly cuz Bethesda doesn't know how to make a fucking collision mesh properly...).

Sadly can't seem to get this to work.

Have a lady killer perk at lvl 3 but only "pacify" option appears. Tried many times on different vanilla NPCs (raiders, gunners etc).

Nuka World is already out so update with some bugfixes would be really nice :)

Found the cause of the problem: Intimidation perk conflicts with this mod. Removed perk and abduction is working. Seems logical as Intimidation is no longer needed with this mod, but now I have a useless perk in perk chart which is no good. So maybe it would be appropriate to base abduction on Intimidation perk instead?

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement! I've played through Nuka World and since it didn't offer anything similar to this mod I'll see if I can develop it further. I had the mod active the entire run and it seems it didn't cause any problems besides not working with most DLC NPC since they lacked the necessary workshopscript attached. The raiders that tag along to take over settlements do though which meant it was possible to abduct them as followers and run with a gang which was felt suitably "overboss-y" hehe

Stuff most likely to be added next is the slave collar as a craftable consumable required for capture, adding the script to more DLC NPCs so they're capturable plus trying to figure out a way to remove the sandbox-in-specific-location some NPCs run so they stay put in your settlement rather than running back to where you abducted them.

Getting the core functions to work will be first priority so balance issues like what perk to use for this mod, level requirement and similar stuff will be put on hold but more suggestions on how to do it is naturally still welcome.  :)

The game doesn't let me send the abducted npc to one of my settlements :c ¿Whats wrong? ¿What mod/tools i need? or maybe i have a conflict with other mods...

Make sure you have a settlement captured to send them to first if you haven't already. If the window doesn't pop up directly on abducting click the NPC in console  type "sv" to see what scripts the actor is running. If it doesn't have the workshop script attached or the genericgohome it won't work and something is probably interfering or you for some reason was able to run the abduction script on a NPC that you shouldn't been able to.

Bethesda are such gigantic pussies now. I mean they weren't even bomb collars - they were SHOCK collars.

You try to run away and you get a mild electrical shock, whereas in Fallout 3 if you tried to run away your head exploded. I mean, just WOW...

Well the collars aren't even functional as far as electric shocks go :/

Bethesda are such gigantic pussies now. I mean they weren't even bomb collars - they were SHOCK collars.

You try to run away and you get a mild electrical shock, whereas in Fallout 3 if you tried to run away your head exploded. I mean, just WOW...

Well the collars aren't even functional as far as electric shocks go :/

Yeah I know - they don't even DO anything. The slave collars in Fallout 3 had scripts assigned to their base forms that could be set to cause head dismemberment and play an explosion effect if the weared left the defined area. Or something like that - been a while since I looked at them. :]

Also, did you notice how they also don't even use the word "slave" one time in the DLC?

The new version seems to only contain a plugin (no .ba2 archive), I assume this was unintentional...?

Have any scripts or other assets changed? I'd rather not update the plugin till I'm sure the files it needs are up to date! n.nU

Thanks for the heads up, uploaded a new version! My GECK decides to overwrite source ba2 without warning sometimes instead of creating a new version in another location as told :dodgy: