Just had a stay in the Dawnstar jail (I like where the cage gets put), couple of wonky things:

I was walking along when Bounty hunters teleported in to grab me, and I chose to surrender. I have the Wait option enabled for followers, yet after I was brought to jail, processed, and brought out to the cage, there was Lydia following along. She wasn't arrested or anything, she just followed me wherever I was brought (including into the cage), in full armor. Missing her shield, weirdly enough. No idea where that got off to. She even hung out in the cell afterwards, watching things go down there.

Also, while the cage situation was happening, a couple of the gathered crowd wound up inside with me (along with Lydia).

Cozy, isn't that? :P

1. Yes, the new follower behavior AI and functions need more testing to be sure.

So the 'wait' option was enabled, what about the 'Enable Follower Arrest'?

2. The gathering inside the cage issue, it is a Skyrim AI package issue. I should only happen on the first couple of arrests, tho. Do you remember how many times were you arrested with POP 8m?

Enable Follower Arrest was unchecked.

I've got Amazing Follower Tweaks on as well, which may have had a hand in her following along without interacting with any of the prison experience. It was actually kind of convenient, having her right there ready to go when it was over, instead of having to go all the way back to get her. If only that damned shield didn't go missing in the process. That was the weirdest part.

Oh follower mods, yes that is probably it. I dismiss followers using vanilla functions which may not work with followers following through other mods.

About the shield, all removed follower items go to the Jailer's Place in the follower's chest.

So it's happened again, with Lydia losing her shield. Riften this time. The guard arrested me, she was hogtied on the ground next to me, then released. When she stood up, she didn't have her shield and it was nowhere to be found on the ground. I went through my sentence, when I was released I looked around the jail for a follower's chest (couldn't find one), so I went to the jailer's place in Windhelm. Follower's chest was empty. So I dunno where her shields keep getting off to.

I noticed in the change log that removing the follower's shield is part of the arrest sequence. Is there any option to turn that off that I'm not seeing. I'd rather the shield look a little wonky for a few seconds than it disappearing into the ether. Dragonplate shields don't come cheap ;)

Just had a stay in the Dawnstar jail (I like where the cage gets put), couple of wonky things:

I was walking along when Bounty hunters teleported in to grab me, and I chose to surrender. I have the Wait option enabled for followers, yet after I was brought to jail, processed, and brought out to the cage, there was Lydia following along. She wasn't arrested or anything, she just followed me wherever I was brought (including into the cage), in full armor. Missing her shield, weirdly enough. No idea where that got off to. She even hung out in the cell afterwards, watching things go down there.

Also, while the cage situation was happening, a couple of the gathered crowd wound up inside with me (along with Lydia).

1. Yes, the new follower behavior AI and functions need more testing to be sure.

2. The gathering inside the cage issue, it is a Skyrim AI package issue. I should only happen on the first couple of arrests, tho. Do you remember how many times were you arrested with POP 8m?

I've got Amazing Follower Tweaks on as well, which may have had a hand in her following along without interacting with any of the prison experience. It was actually kind of convenient, having her right there ready to go when it was over, instead of having to go all the way back to get her. If only that damned shield didn't go missing in the process. That was the weirdest part.

Oh follower mods, yes that is probably it. I dismiss followers using vanilla functions which may not work with followers following through other mods.

About the shield, all removed follower items go to the Jailer's Place in the follower's chest.

So it's happened again, with Lydia losing her shield. Riften this time. The guard arrested me, she was hogtied on the ground next to me, then released. When she stood up, she didn't have her shield and it was nowhere to be found on the ground. I went through my sentence, when I was released I looked around the jail for a follower's chest (couldn't find one), so I went to the jailer's place in Windhelm. Follower's chest was empty. So I dunno where her shields keep getting off to.

I noticed in the change log that removing the follower's shield is part of the arrest sequence. Is there any option to turn that off that I'm not seeing. I'd rather the shield look a little wonky for a few seconds than it disappearing into the ether. Dragonplate shields don't come cheap ;)

Forgot to turn off 'Respawn' flag for the follower's stuff container. :blush: 

Patched in the next one.   ^_^ 

Thanks for the bug report. ;)

Also having an issue where the follow up punishment for the follower ends instantly.

That seems to be a Skyrim glitch?

It happened once or twice in my tests as well, but I could never reliably duplicate it.

I know you've prolly answered this a million times but paging thru this thread and I can't find it. What is the reason the skooma whore is uncompatible with this mod? does skyrimmll's patch fix the issue? it just seems that IF they did work together it would be bunches of awesome with the random drink option turned on. again sorry, but i tried to find the answer and couldn't.

In the middle of a whipping scene in Riften, where Brand-Shei was doing the whipping, the pillory disappeared, my PC fell to the ground, and when Brand-Shei delivered the next hit, it seems to have been interpreted as an unprovoked attack, as all around him suddenly attacked him and killed him.  After a short time the pillory reappeared, my pc was placed in it, and the next punishment was also a whipping, when the same thing happened (but with a different NPC). 

This was on POP 8m.  After reloading from an earlier save from within the cell, before the public punishment, everything worked ok.

By the way, I like what you've done with the cell in Riften.  Plenty of buckets in case they are needed.

I love all these new options (never noticed them before) added by the patches so thanks for them.

The only one issue I have is the Random Bounty option. It's greyed out. And if I change the days, violent and non-violent bounty options they just revent to 0 each time. Now I have just started a new game with DA - LAL so maybe that's it. I tried doing a force restart too but it didn't seem to make any difference. Nor can I apply random bounty (let's me push the bottoms but cannot change the sliders). Am I missing something?

EDIT: I've noticed that none of the POP options work, regardless if I select pr change any option. As soon as I leave them menu theyy reset to default. Using version 8m.

Forgot to turn off 'Respawn' flag for the follower's stuff container. :blush:

Patched in the next one.   ^_^

Thanks for the bug report. ;)

Also having an issue where the follow up punishment for the follower ends instantly.

That seems to be a Skyrim glitch?

It happened once or twice in my tests as well, but I could never reliably duplicate it.

I think the problem has to do with hitting the health threshold on the PC. If that threshold is hit for the PC, it seems to skip the follower altogether.

Have you properly installed the requirements? Have you a papyrus log to show?

I have installed the requirements. I checked again last night. I am gonna try and do it on a fresh new game as I upgraded from 8k to 8m and have a number is issues with the clean save/force restart

Have you properly installed the requirements? Have you a papyrus log to show?

I have installed the requirements. I checked again last night. I am gonna try and do it on a fresh new game as I upgraded from 8k to 8m and have a number is issues with the clean save/force restart

Make sure you have the latest SkyUI (5.1).

Would be nice to be able to make SOME attempt at escape, even if it is unlikely. ;)

Also, seeing a lot of characters popping in and out of existence during the cage scenes. I assume this is because there are too many objects / NPCs in the cell?