Dragon female

No. This my first mod with dragons. Most of my mods are armor-related, but just in case, what mods may alter the render textures? Name one for example, please.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have no idea what mods exactly, I am just aware that it is possible (graphics performance tweaks, ENBs, etc.)--but you should know if you do have one, I'll say.

We'll see if anyone else has issues with it using Dawnguard because I'm not sure what the issue could be, unless it has to do with the alteration of the dragon spawning level-lists (if I had to take a guess).

I thought someone would make a real four legged dragon instead of those wyverns we have in skyrim, but it looks like adding boobs which are useless to reptilians was a priority....

Realy I don't get it

well you did a good job though, the nif looks well done,  I probably won't use it but I still i respect your work

I thought someone would make a real four legged dragon instead of those wyverns we have in skyrim, but it looks like adding boobs which are useless to reptilians was a priority....

Realy I don't get it

well you did a good job though, the nif looks well done,  I probably won't use it but I still i respect your work

Even though adding boobs was of initial point of interest (for the sake of humoring the idea), four-legged dragons require a lot more work than just adding boobs. Not only will the new set of legs (or a new body entirely) have to be modeled, textured, and rigged, it will also have to be animated and adjusted to fit the game's AI package. I do hear you though, having four-legged dragons would be cool, but it's a huge artistic and technical undertaking (especially if you want it to look and feel like an actual four-legged dragon than one with two static legs slapped on the front) where one has to be way more invested into making it than having the simple task of slapping on boobs or vagina.

Though the creatures are "technically" wyverns in the real-world's vocabulary, do keep in mind that they are called dragons in the Skyrim/Elder Scrolls-verse. We need not apply alternate lore and mythos to something that has already been established (real or unreal, heraldic terminology or just synonymous vocabulary)--you know, for immersion and stuff (that is, if that's the thing you want to be strict on with your experience). Then again, obviously engendered dragons do break the lore since there are no mention of gender-type dragons, but it's an aesthetic change for those who want it, really.

In my opinion, I think Skyrim's "dragons" look neat as is. From an artist/animator's point-of-view, they are definitely a lot more menacing and reptilian-looking in movement, sliding around the human-animal uncanny valley easier than one with four legs (making it harder to decipher if they are friend or foe in the sense of morphological likeness; whereas four legs may be reminiscent of a noble long-necked lion with wings than a great flying serpent). Four legged dragons will most likely require more work if they are ever implemented.

Well, I've been looking for a four legged dragon for a while so I know that adding two real and fully animated arms would be really hard, and i'm not really complaining about it since i'm just a random player who doesn't know shit about modding

though, just adding two small (non animated) arms, kind of like a T-rex, would be fine with me, this way there should be no animation problems, Also, a dragon with small arms walking with his wings wouldn't be too weird i think, if they are well placed on the body, with the right size, i think it would still be pretty cool

also, for the elder scrolls univere, i know that those are considered dragons, well wyverns are a sub spiecies of dragons anyway. Though, i know other forms of dragons exist in TES universe, for exemple, Peryite's dragon form is a four legged dragon, and i'm prety sure i've read some book in skyrim about a sea dragon somewhere....

I think bethesda should've add some more diversity to the dragons in skyrim (durnevir would be great as a lindworm, and Alduin and paarturnax would be cool too as the only four legged dragons in the game, since they are more "unique" than all the other random dragons...) But, well, that's not sur topic here so I'll stop talking about other dragon species

again, you did a good job with your mod

Edit : oh, and sorry if i made any mistakes in english, it's not my native language

Well, I've been looking for a four legged dragon for a while so I know that adding two real and fully animated arms would be really hard, and i'm not really complaining about it since i'm just a random player who doesn't know shit about modding

though, just adding two small (non animated) arms, kind of like a T-rex, would be fine with me, this way there should be no animation problems, Also, a dragon with small arms walking with his wings wouldn't be too weird i think, if they are well placed on the body, with the right size, i think it would still be pretty cool

I see what you mean. I can't make any promises, especially on my schedule, but if I have time for it, I may consider it an optional side project. Regardless, adding static meshes shouldn't be as time-consuming, so if I don't do it, hopefully someone else out there will.

also, for the elder scrolls univere, i know that those are considered dragons, well wyverns are a sub spiecies of dragons anyway. Though, i know other forms of dragons exist in TES universe, for exemple, Peryite's dragon form is a four legged dragon, and i'm prety sure i've read some book in skyrim about a sea dragon somewhere....

This is true. The way I see it, "dragon" is just a very loose term describing a certain kind of creature. I mean, if you apply medieval thinking into it, dragons were commonly depicted in illustration with two legs (as well as other uncommon forms as well); see Saint George vs the Dragon in the 1400's-1600's (Uccello, Raphael, Rubens); also some other links literally referencing "dragon" alongside the image can be found in a discussion: here.

It is in today's society with the advent of Dungeons and Dragons and other lore-building activities, where categorization is necessary (this is a game, these are the rules, this is what a dragon is and this is what a dragon is not, these are the dragon's stats and characteristics, etc.). I mean, I'm all for geeking out about what you like, but there is no "wrong vs. right" or "real vs. incorrect" when it comes to terminology on mythological subjects, especially when they are from separate lore, and definitely with a very generic word like "dragon".

I think bethesda should've add some more diversity to the dragons in skyrim (durnevir would be great as a lindworm, and Alduin and paarturnax would be cool too as the only four legged dragons in the game, since they are more "unique" than all the other random dragons...) But, well, that's not sur topic here so I'll stop talking about other dragon species

again, you did a good job with your mod

Yes, Bethesda could have went above an beyond, but keep in mind that Skyrim is a huge project, with many people juggling the work and a bunch of dollars being passed around to make it happen. Their main goal was to sell a functioning product. The developers had to streamline the workflow as much as possible to save time and money. So once they designated a "dragon template" they stuck with it and applied it to all dragons in the game, which is why all dragons use the same skeleton, animation, mesh build and a common texture template. I'm sure this is why the DLCs were released to offer more dragons into the mix.

I do agree that Alduin and Paarthurnax could have been made more unique (four legs or otherwise). Though sticking with the template, they have a consistency about them that does not look alien in comparison to the other dragons, yet still being unique in other characteristics (such as speech and behavior). I'm sure the developers went through several stages of design and resign for these two characters in particular before settling on the matching template--maybe if there were pre-production concept art out there, we could have a visual representation of the process. But yeah, vastly diverse dragons are not in the game probably for several reasons, but I think the main reason is for the streamlining of the project (they'd probably need a whole dragon development department if it was implemented!).

Thanks, I appreciate the comment!

ya know.... there is a chormatic dragons mod either on nexus or workshop with smaller dragons.... i love what you have done with this; i've peek thru the thread and seen a lot of negative imput and some positive.

I salute your goal.

Making a random out of the blue suggestion.

What about applying this as a shape-shifting mod. IE instead of werewolf or vampire add dragon too.

This way via one of the other mods which allows you to make your companion shapeshift; you can have a "friendly" female dragon at your side in game and do with her as you please.

Grantite this would be a fairly sizeable project but Im sure someone in here would have enough time talent and connections to make it happen.

And with ESO on the verge of release I know attentions will be drawn elsewhere for awhile (but not too long unless they implement user-side mods; which B.S. said 'eh-maybeh' to.) but if anyone is so inclined I'd happily flattr them or donate.  (cant promise much but if there is a high enough demand it might be worth doing). Or even ya know the old freebie'd be nice too. XD

What might also be nice is a breast slider with it incase others find her rack too small or too big.

***boobies.... now thats something everyone can enjoy***

it would be awesome if someone could make a playable dragon race which could turn to look human or humanlike and back to dragon form. Then it would make a little more sense for the dragon form to have boobs sense they would be part human.

well, i think combining the drakian race mod and flyable dragon races mod would do the trick

No, i wasn't saying to actually DO a mod using these two, just saying that if you could not wait for someone to do it, you could use those two

the only problem would be to put the female dragon into the dragon transformation mod

• 2 months later...

For some reason the female dragons are invisible. I don't have any other dragon mods installed. Is there some requirement I'm missing?

Specifically, the dragonesses added to replace the Elder Dragons and so on are invisible. Paarthurnax appears just fine with the replacer.

For some reason the female dragons are invisible. I don't have any other dragon mods installed. Is there some requirement I'm missing?

Specifically, the dragonesses added to replace the Elder Dragons and so on are invisible. Paarthurnax appears just fine with the replacer.

Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it--if not, re-download the file. Also, check your mod order. If you have any mod that affects the level list of dragons, this mod may work better before or after it, depending on what was changed (though normally, you put it after such mods).

Hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi There, thanks jaques00 for this Great Mod, i love it! ;)

Well, yesterday i started to Translate over 200 Mods from Skyrim, Loverslab Mods also included, i will Translate them into the following Languages:

German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese and Spain.

I see that are many Germans up here, so the first i've done is translate some Mods to German.

The reason why i do this is, that some Mods are change the Language of used Objects in Mods into English, because the Modders Creation Kit is English, or if they do new Objects they rename them into English Names of course.

I have a "English/German/Italian" Skyrim Game now.

looks like this:

"You are the Dragonborn?"

- "Jawohl!"

"Si, mi piacarebbe un Latte Macciato di prendere"  :-/

Well it sucks sometimes.

I walk around and a Bread is a Bread, in the Same Interriorm behind a Shelf there is a "Brot" and maybe on some other Places it is called "Pizza" or whatever.

So i translate everything i get, but i hope it's okay for you, because i just translated it, i won't take any changes to your Modification, your Name is also called in my Readme file.

And hey, if you or some others looking for someone to translate their Mods into one of the Languages called above, please PN me and i'll do my best for you.

Today i will translate Devious Devices, also Captured Dreams Shop to German and Italian, but before i upload it i will ask the Modders for permission, well but i guess i don't need one because its just a Translation.

Okay i should shut up now, :-D

The File i Translated is the Female Dragon.zip from Jaques00 he uploaded here on "2014-Feb-19"

Greetings,

Suzana aka Khajiirah/Ahrwen.

Female Dragons_DV_German Version.rar

Hi There, thanks jaques00 for this Great Mod, i love it! ;)

You're very welcome, I'm glad you like it!

So i translate everything i get, but i hope it's okay for you, because i just translated it, i won't take any changes to your Modification, your Name is also called in my Readme file.

It is definitely okay with me as it will add to the accessibility to the mod. Thank you very much for the translation. You can feel free to translate any of the mods I make if you like as well. Just let me know and I'll relink them to the mod page for reference.

It's an Honor too translate for you, everything you want.

The Problem is just... In German you have to change some words, add many new words to make it sound more interesting.

Here it's no problem, there i just have to change the dragon names.

Actually i will translate the Animal Mansion Mod, it's finished soon, maybe i have 85% done.

The problem is just that if you wrote in english "it's okay, i'm on it" in german it would be "Das ist in ordnung, ich bin schon dabei"

Sometimes the Letters of the Words too long and in the Game there may be accour some errors or so.

Okay, thats it so far, i will take a look at your other Mods soon. By the way, can you download my version of your dragoness mod and take a look at the female dragons if they have other names? I don't know if it really works, but if you do, please backup your female dragons.esp, otherwise they will be german of course. :-D

greetings