[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Awesome guide Blabba!  I'm a little late on the bodyslide train, even though I've known it was in the works for a long time lol.  So bout time I got around to taking a look at it.  Just a heads up for anyone having the issue with textures not loading; even with loose files.  I simply downloaded the newest version from:

The BodySlide-2.0.0.8a version.  Located at the bottom left corner, under the link header.

Simply just pasted it over the files I got off the nexus, and it fixed my issues completely.  

Thanks again for all the hard work everyone!

That... doesn't really make any sense. There were no changes related to the game data path or texture loading between 2.0.0.8a and Nexus' more recent 2.0.0.10. o.O

@Cell - You got me, cause I tried everything I knew to get it working.  I'm pretty well versed in modding, and this was the only way I found to fix it.  I tried to see what other people did to fix this issue, and from what I saw on the net, there was nothing.  So I figured I'd share the info, and in hopes it would help others.

I can't honestly think of how my system is special to other people using bodyslide out there, except for maybe that I'm running SLI.  Unless they added some kind of support to the engine that wasn't in the other versions.

In terms of texture pathing, that wasn't my isssue.  I manually set the texture pathing and it would still remain unchanged.  It was related to either how the program was grabbing my directory, or something related specifically to my 64 bit system.  

In terms of rolling back to fix issues?  Happens all the time with graphic drivers, so shouldn't really surprise you at all...lol

So I'm trying to convert the Dandelion armor found here:http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6416-megalovs-thread/

Which nif am I supposed to be messing around with to make it Bodyslide compatible?

help.JPG

I thought it was cuirass_1.nif but all it shows in Nifskope is the body and bra but I want the entire thing to work after I convert it.

Also, I just tried converting the Catwoman outfit from the same thread and the outfit doesn't show up when I equip it, my character's just naked.

So I'm trying to convert the Dandelion armor found here:http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6416-megalovs-thread/

Which nif am I supposed to be messing around with to make it Bodyslide compatible?

help.JPG

I thought it was cuirass_1.nif but all it shows in Nifskope is the body and bra but I want the entire thing to work after I convert it.

Also, I just tried converting the Catwoman outfit from the same thread and the outfit doesn't show up when I equip it, my character's just naked.

Bodyslide will build both the _0 and _1 variants of each .nif when you build the final outfit in Bodyslide (Not Outfit Studio!).  The .nifs with GND in their names are certainly the ground version - what you see if you drop it.

I don't use that armor, but it looks to be made of several pieces - if you want the "full" outfit, you will need to convert ALL the _1 variants. (I've no idea what the panties_2 is for)  You don't usually convert first person meshes, but at the minimum you're looking at nine conversions.

Bodyslide will build both the _0 and _1 variants of each .nif when you build the final outfit in Bodyslide (Not Outfit Studio!). 

Question about that, what if the original armor mod does not have _0 and _1 nif files? After converting something and creating a body with Bodyslide, how do I make he original armor mod use these two nif files if the original doesn't have _0 and _1 nif files in the first place?

@Cell - You got me, cause I tried everything I knew to get it working.  I'm pretty well versed in modding, and this was the only way I found to fix it.  I tried to see what other people did to fix this issue, and from what I saw on the net, there was nothing.  So I figured I'd share the info, and in hopes it would help others.

I can't honestly think of how my system is special to other people using bodyslide out there, except for maybe that I'm running SLI.  Unless they added some kind of support to the engine that wasn't in the other versions.

In terms of texture pathing, that wasn't my isssue.  I manually set the texture pathing and it would still remain unchanged.  It was related to either how the program was grabbing my directory, or something related specifically to my 64 bit system.  

In terms of rolling back to fix issues?  Happens all the time with graphic drivers, so shouldn't really surprise you at all...lol

Silvist I'm so glad I read your previous post.  I had a horrible neck gap problem that I couldn't fix until I downloaded the previous version of Bodyslide and now I don't have any neck gap.  

Bodyslide will build both the _0 and _1 variants of each .nif when you build the final outfit in Bodyslide (Not Outfit Studio!). 

Question about that, what if the original armor mod does not have _0 and _1 nif files? After converting something and creating a body with Bodyslide, how do I make he original armor mod use these two nif files if the original doesn't have _0 and _1 nif files in the first place?

As I understand it, Skyrim itself will use both _0 and _1 nifs by itself, if both are present.  If only one is present, it will use that one.  The _0 is the "low weight" version of the nif, the 1 is the high weight... is uses the two of these to determine the armor's size in game based on what the weight slider is set to.... I think.

Outfit Studio is set by default to flag the project to have both .nifs generated when a project/outfit is built in Bodyslide.

@Stratman54 - No problem, the issue I was having was different though.  Considering I really couldn't find anyone else with the same issue as myself, I figured it wasn't a common occurrence.  I realize that each update brings to the table probably a vast amount of nice new features, and its probably tested throughly.  

I realize nobody probably knows who the fuck I am.  I'm not like a legendary modder like Caliente, Exnem, Throttlekitty, and the list goes on lol.  I don't try and pretend to know everything either.  Heck, the more I learn the more I realize I don't actually know.

Though; I have been around since LL was created from a topic post on hongfire about Oblivion mods.  LL has gotten so massive, people don't even recognize one another.  Modders especially are all over the place, and tend to post most of their work on multiple sites.  

I just figured I'd use this tutorial to save myself some time in 3ds max.  I enjoy spending time in there, but sometimes its pretty insane when I look at how much time passes while doing stuff in there lol.  Now I just need to read the advanced tutorials on how to actually convert existing CBBE armor, to be used as presets.  Thanks again you guys for all the hard work!

I have some troubles with converting boots from this set[Ebony Valkyrie] in bodyslide. It is very difficult to explain in words because my english is very bad =(

So I will show this in pictures:

1. In Bodyslide:

72ef232203364633219cf6f2cc52487a.jpg

2. In game:

53fbda710abb39d503a9a6cb39bb88a0.jpg

Where the feet? Please help.

When you open your NIF file(s) up in the NifSkope program, does it show up correctly?

Taken from our FAQ:

Q5: NifSkope does not show my exported meshes! How to fix?

A: Sometimes, Outfit Studio doesn't apply any weights to some vertices because they're too far off from references. To fix, use the "Mask Weighted Vertices" feature and the weight brush to paint weights on the unmasked parts. After that, NifSkope shows the .nif again and the unweighted vertices show up in-game.

Bodyslide keeps crashing.  I have narrowed it down a bunch, but I still don't know exactly what is causing it.

It crashes on launch, but if I revert to the default config file, then it will open... sometimes.  I think it also requires a modified config file to launch at other times.  My fix has been to reinstall bodyslide, but there must be a simpler solution.  Does anybody know what exactly is going on, or know if there is a way to force bodyslide to not try to open whatever I had open last so it doesn't crash itself, or what exactly I do wrong that causes it to crash in the first place?

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how all the presets don't show up all the time.  I have no idea why that happens either.

Moin.... i need a little help

i converted zarjammers slavearmor(zarias) fo citrus 2.0.... got both the _0 and the _1 nif.

Both nifs are what they should be....(checked in nifscope)

But in game ... only the _01 weight shows up...

(slave leia armor worked fine)

is there anywhere in the nif files a flag that hinders the  _0 Armor to load?

Moin

Oli

i converted zarjammers slavearmor(zarias) fo citrus 2.0.... got both the _0 and the _1 nif.

Moin

Oli

Sounds like a weighting issue.

You have to make sure that the weights between the _0 and the _1 are exactly the same with no differences.

You have to make sure that the weights between the _0 and the _1 are exactly the same with no differences.

Not sure if that's true, but if it is: only Copy Bone Weights once and keep it for the other NIF export.

Right now I'm converting an outfit(Neo Oriental Dress by Neo for more specific), as I following Guide 1 guide to convert it into anything, but I found that the armor does not contain the other parts of its set(the boot/stockings and gloves wasn't included when I was following the step 3) and as blabba noted:

"If your outfit/gloves/boots/head comes out completely off or seperated from the Body, then chances are the mesh is incompatible with Outfit Studio
             and you'll have to use a .nifskope and Blender/3DSmax the old fashioned way. (I'll upload a pic of what I mean by this soon)"

Is that mean I cannot go any further or this is not the same case as what did blabba say?

So far i was unable to figure it out on how to load my CBBE Advanced TBBP body preset in OutfitStudio, But i managed to load it using Outfit Studio "Use existing slider set browse and select my custom femalebody1.nif, Then select the clothes/armor that i would like to make a conversion of it" After that i have to make sure everything is refit in the new body, then i hit Conform to sliders and Make to Baseshape then lastly save the project.

This is the only way that allows me to load my body preset made by BodySlide 2.0.

Moin

Oli

Maybe a weight issue... but i used only the _01.nif of the original files... but...

Not sure if that's true, but if it is: only Copy Bone Weights once and keep it for the other NIF export.

maybe i copied the bones/weight twice...

i check and will inform you...

i had/have problems with two of the old cbbe v3 armors: Gatti Jewel and the slave armor.. they may hav some issues them self.... okay.... nifscope time again..

Moin

Oli

Edit 22.07.2014

Okay. Worked fine now. But there are definitly nifs that could not be converted in body slide. Mostly some old cbbe outfit like the milking cuirass from alans armor packgae. conversion in BS worked... but the nif file could not be opened in  nifscope(crash).

Hey guys quick question

I have a custom body shape I use thanks to citrus.

let's just say its a bit on the busty side (see avatar)

Anyway I'm doing some conversions using outfit studio

and it looks perfect in the studio, but when I test it in-game the clipping is terrible (tbbp)

any advice?? I tried using deflate on the body but it looks bad with certain clothes.

also I did the whole copy weight thing and nothing really changed

Hello thk for this guide

I'm noob and followed the guide 3 to do a little test  ... but this is the in game result

EEC2APK.png

Any idea ?

xD

what i do :

I created a folder by copying the mod that I wanted to change in desktop .... then follw the guide , load my body UNPB TBBP and opened the file nif interested in change ... there are 2 file corset_0.nif and corset_1.nif ... i use the corset_1.nif

Then follow all step and at the end i go to replace corset_1.nif place in the skyrim folder with new nif and BOOM !!! :(

Hey guys quick question

I have a custom body shape I use thanks to citrus.

let's just say its a bit on the busty side (see avatar)

Anyway I'm doing some conversions using outfit studio

and it looks perfect in the studio, but when I test it in-game the clipping is terrible (tbbp)

any advice?? I tried using deflate on the body but it looks bad with certain clothes.

also I did the whole copy weight thing and nothing really changed

Hey are you using CBBE Advanced TBBP body as well? I'm getting the same results as you :( I was making a conversion of an clothing and it looks perfect on Outfit Studio as well as BodySlide 2.0 preview window. But once i loaded up Skyrim and testing equiping the conversion i made and it shows massive clipping issues :( which until now i couldn't figured it out what is causing it.

All right,

I now colour coded the FAQ question for people who keep asking about the body clipping through outfits in-game.

(Hint: it's red and green)

I highly suggest you read it first and try out one of the methods.

If you come up with another solution or method feel free to let me know and I will update the FAQ.