Okay, so the Issues I addressed are fixed. Seems that the whole needing 172 was true.

It's weird like that how following instructions works.

Come on now, Was I really supposed to suspect I should use a BETA version of skse?

Um yes, it says right on the OP under requirements

SKSE - at least 1.7.2 is required

I sent this as a PM to B3lisairo but it looks like he hasn't been around since mid-Feb, so I will repost here in case there are folks who know something of the internals of SOS:

Been looking through the way SOS handles config, MCM, and updates. I'm trying to model Apropos a bit after your painful experience (evidenced through your code comments in SOS_Config.psc).

I like how  you have separated the logic for updates into its own global script, and the way it dispatches back to the SOS_Config object. I can see how you have setup your own SOS_VersionInt version stamp, but I'm still puzzled why you still do things like this:

if(loadedVersion < 203010)
                Debug.Trace("SOS: updating to version 2.03.010")
                config.PerformVersionUpdate(config.GetVersion())
                SOS_Update203010.Update(SOS)
                Debug.Trace("SOS: update to version 2.03.010 complete")
            endif
Why the call to PerformVersionUpdate, and why bother with the old (unreliable) CurrentVersion property? What does SOS_Config.GetVersion() strategy have to do at all with your convention of your 5 digit SOS_VersionInt?

Also, did you ever think about using the SKI_ConfigBase.OnGameReload instead of Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame() ???

Thanks a bunch!

All this code already existed when I started working on SOS. It worked and I left it as it was. The comments about PerformVersionUpdate neither are mine. The old code is there to allow upgrading from any version of SOS.

At some point the version number stored as a float gave me some problems and I changed it to integer (problems like 2.05017 * 10000 = 205016.999)

SKI_ConfigBase.OnGameReload vs Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame:

I think it's almost the same. SkyUI has its own OnPlayerLoadGame event and it fires there the OnGameReload custom event.

Since there is maintenance code already in SOS, I choosed to initialize there the new stuff I added on MCM instead of using the PerformVersionUpdate thing. At the end you only need to put a value on a property.

If I ever rewrite the maintenance part, I'll do it as the live another life mod. It has separated quests to handle the updates. I tried to do something similar in SOS but without the quests and I think they are needed to avoid loading the upgrade scripts every time. Actually that's a guess, I suspect the engine loads all scripts and their references, even for global scripts that are not called anymore.

Thanks for the reply. From what I've seen SOS already uses the strategy of the upgrade quest scripts? Isn't that shown in the snippet above ("SOS_Update203010.Update(SOS)"). How does LAL do it differently?

Also how do you handle "trimming" these old upgrade scripts off the users' save once they become irrelevant? Or do you just remove them from the mod and let the user either create a new character (for major upgrades/updates), or educate on ignoring the game load warnings?

I'm sorry if you've been asked this question but can you "disable" sos for certain races? I already have custom penises installed for the beast races and when I installed SOS I see double dicks, in retrospect I guess I should've expected that.

If you aren't using the "lite" version just uncheck each beast race from all the types of schlong you have installed. If SOS has no option it should provide no schlong.

Okay, so the Issues I addressed are fixed. Seems that the whole needing 172 was true.

It's weird like that how following instructions works.

Come on now, Was I really supposed to suspect I should use a BETA version of skse?

Yes. Yes, you were.

I sent this as a PM to B3lisairo but it looks like he hasn't been around since mid-Feb, so I will repost here in case there are folks who know something of the internals of SOS:

Been looking through the way SOS handles config, MCM, and updates. I'm trying to model Apropos a bit after your painful experience (evidenced through your code comments in SOS_Config.psc).

I like how  you have separated the logic for updates into its own global script, and the way it dispatches back to the SOS_Config object. I can see how you have setup your own SOS_VersionInt version stamp, but I'm still puzzled why you still do things like this:

if(loadedVersion < 203010)
                Debug.Trace("SOS: updating to version 2.03.010")
                config.PerformVersionUpdate(config.GetVersion())
                SOS_Update203010.Update(SOS)
                Debug.Trace("SOS: update to version 2.03.010 complete")
            endif
Why the call to PerformVersionUpdate, and why bother with the old (unreliable) CurrentVersion property? What does SOS_Config.GetVersion() strategy have to do at all with your convention of your 5 digit SOS_VersionInt?

Also, did you ever think about using the SKI_ConfigBase.OnGameReload instead of Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame() ???

Thanks a bunch!

All this code already existed when I started working on SOS. It worked and I left it as it was. The comments about PerformVersionUpdate neither are mine. The old code is there to allow upgrading from any version of SOS.

At some point the version number stored as a float gave me some problems and I changed it to integer (problems like 2.05017 * 10000 = 205016.999)

SKI_ConfigBase.OnGameReload vs Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame:

I think it's almost the same. SkyUI has its own OnPlayerLoadGame event and it fires there the OnGameReload custom event.

Since there is maintenance code already in SOS, I choosed to initialize there the new stuff I added on MCM instead of using the PerformVersionUpdate thing. At the end you only need to put a value on a property.

If I ever rewrite the maintenance part, I'll do it as the live another life mod. It has separated quests to handle the updates. I tried to do something similar in SOS but without the quests and I think they are needed to avoid loading the upgrade scripts every time. Actually that's a guess, I suspect the engine loads all scripts and their references, even for global scripts that are not called anymore.

Thanks for the reply. From what I've seen SOS already uses the strategy of the upgrade quest scripts? Isn't that shown in the snippet above ("SOS_Update203010.Update(SOS)"). How does LAL do it differently?

Also how do you handle "trimming" these old upgrade scripts off the users' save once they become irrelevant? Or do you just remove them from the mod and let the user either create a new character (for major upgrades/updates), or educate on ignoring the game load warnings?

LAL has a "upgrade" quest for each upgrade script.

SOS has no additional quests. The upgrade scripts in SOS are not quests, they are simply a bunch of global functions.

So there is no "trimming" at all in SOS. Originally all the maintenance code was in a single quest script and my main concern when I revised that part was code organization, as the main script was growing too much. I assumed that in the worst case scenario this solution without quests would be slightly worse than having all the code in a single file.

That's why I pointed LAL to you, is a better solution. I don't know if these upgrade quest scripts will be totally cleaned from the savegame. The game shouldn't load them if they belong to a stopped quest and there are no references to them from any other file.

I'm sorry if you've been asked this question but can you "disable" sos for certain races? I already have custom penises installed for the beast races and when I installed SOS I see double dicks, in retrospect I guess I should've expected that.

If you aren't using the "lite" version just uncheck each beast race from all the types of schlong you have installed. If SOS has no option it should provide no schlong.

In addition to what WaxenFigure said you also need "SOS - no underwear for beast races" http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1189-sos-optional-files/

I'm having a small issue. Tried searching the thread but the terms I used came up with nothing.

I recently did an in-place update to the latest SoS. I don't remember having this problem before doing so.

Now, after sex, when Inigo puts his armor back on (Using AFT btw), his schlong is still hanging out (And growing with arousal). http://postimg.org/image/gd33rlx0p/

It stays like this until I change cell, at which point the schlong disappears again.

I'm having a small issue. Tried searching the thread but the terms I used came up with nothing.

I recently did an in-place update to the latest SoS. I don't remember having this problem before doing so.

Now, after sex, when Inigo puts his armor back on (Using AFT btw), his schlong is still hanging out (And growing with arousal). http://postimg.org/image/gd33rlx0p/

It stays like this until I change cell, at which point the schlong disappears again.

Have you checked to see if his armor is marked as "Revealing"?

Have you checked to see if his armor is marked as "Revealing"?

Yes, I did check that. It is not marked as revealing. Anyway if it was, it wouldn't be going back to normal when I change cells, right?

That is a known minor issue

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23944-sos-schlongs-of-skyrim/?p=1078465

in the description of the mod i saw two kind of update istructions, from 2.3 to 2.5+ and from 2.4 to 2.5+.. since i have a strange bug dremora and elder race dont have penis i want try the update from 2.5.019 to the last version 2.5.041 wich upadate method is better use?

in the description of the mod i saw two kind of update istructions, from 2.3 to 2.5+ and from 2.4 to 2.5+.. since i have a strange bug dremora and elder race dont have penis i want try the update from 2.5.019 to the last version 2.5.041 wich upadate method is better use?

The latter.  The "+" means that all versions from 2.4 on update the same way. If it ever changes, he'll update the instructions.

I'm using the futanari version for UNP, and I was wondering if there's any way to tell what the actual size of the penis is outside of the number on the slider, which doesn't seem to reflect the actual size at all.

Basically, I want to know the measurements (inches or centimeters is fine) for each size number. What size is 1 or rather, the default? I assume 8 is not 8 inches because it looks a lot bigger than 8 inches does.

SoS is not recognizing any compatible skeleton even though I have the latest version of the XP32 Extended Skeleton, which is listed as compatible. I believe I have all the required mods loaded. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

The most likely reason that you are getting such a message is that you have multiple mods that installed skeletons and either have a mod with a non-compliant skeleton with a higher priority (left pane in MO) or was installed after the XP32 skeleton (NMM).  If you cannot figure out for yourself which case that is then details are required:

(BTW, if using MO you can right-click on the mod in the left screen pick the "Information" menu item to bring up a dialog and then select the conflicts tab to see exactly which mod might be overwriting the files for the skeleton).

What mods do you have installed?

What mod manager do you use?

If using Mod Organizer what is the order of the mods (Left screen)?

If using Nexus Mod Manager what order did you install those mods in?

SoS is not recognizing any compatible skeleton even though I have the latest version of the XP32 Extended Skeleton, which is listed as compatible. I believe I have all the required mods loaded. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

The most likely reason that you are getting such a message is that you have multiple mods that installed skeletons and either have a mod with a non-compliant skeleton with a higher priority (left pane in MO) or was installed after the XP32 skeleton (NMM).  If you cannot figure out for yourself which case that is then details are required:

(BTW, if using MO you can right-click on the mod in the left screen pick the "Information" menu item to bring up a dialog and then select the conflicts tab to see exactly which mod might be overwriting the files for the skeleton).

What mods do you have installed?

What mod manager do you use?

If using Mod Organizer what is the order of the mods (Left screen)?

If using Nexus Mod Manager what order did you install those mods in?

Hi, Waxen, thanks for the help. I use NMM and my load order is attached in the text file below. I used Loot to arrange the load order, which I know is not always perfect.  I uninstalled and reinstalled SoS and now it recognizes the male skeletons. I made sure it did not overwrite the XP32 skeleton. But still have the problem with the female skeleton.

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2015-03-15T18-28-51.txt