[mod] {CK2} Ala's Body Mod

11 hours ago, DoingMeAConcern said:

Any update on Forgotten Races?

Discontinued. Between having my heart broken and losing an interest in gaming in the process there wont be much modding coming from me, at least not for awhile. As long as Dewguru doesn't update DWR then neither my mods should need to be updated for anything, but I will try and check now and then to see if that changes.

This mod already adds Dark elves from the forgotten realms settings anyway.

House Irae

On 12/10/2018 at 8:10 PM, Alaratt said:

Discontinued. Between having my heart broken and losing an interest in gaming in the process there wont be much modding coming from me, at least not for awhile. As long as Dewguru doesn't update DWR then neither my mods should need to be updated for anything, but I will try and check now and then to see if that changes.

This mod already adds Dark elves from the forgotten realms settings anyway.

House Irae

I did a quick look-through of the files and there is literally nothing that could conflict with Dark World Fantasy. Other than maybe the conflict with the Dwarf/Giant vanilla traits, no updates are needed.

2 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I did a quick look-through of the files and there is literally nothing that could conflict with Dark World Fantasy. Other than maybe the conflict with the Dwarf/Giant vanilla traits, no updates are needed.

He was asking about a mod I never released, but talked about on this thread … Forgotton Races.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Exorsist said:

It's weird... I can not download Ala's Body Mod V2.0

Sorry, there is a problem

File not found

Error code: 3D161/G

19 hours ago, Blue_Stopsign said:

Whenever I try to download the new version, it says: "file not found"

Some people were reporting this issue but I was able to download it just fine. Let me know if the same problem is happening for V2.0.1

Futa now gets the dick and balls traits, can take up to a game year to receive.

If updating from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 then a new game is NOT required

If updating from 1.5 to 2.0.1 then a new game IS required

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Narly_Thotep said:

So I'm using this with DWR and I swear I've got those traits turned off, but all characters are still getting both sets of traits.

Dunno, my test game shows it is working the way it is supposed to. Nobody has double traits.

• 3 weeks later...

So I noticed you can't use the fairy to change your male traits when playing as futa, though it does work in getting those traits in the first place. Did a bit of troubleshooting, noticed that you're using is_female=no on them. Since you're assigning character flags by body factor anyway, couldn't you use those flags as the trigger check for the fairy?

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, LenaLachrymosa said:

Hi

Today I get new version of Luxuria Fantasia and traits from this mod won't appear anymore in my game. 

Edit : 

Also I downloaded newest version this mod v2.1.1

I downloaded both mods fresh from LL and started a new game. Everything works fine. Either you made a mistake when installing or your game rules for the traits are turned off. There is nothing in Luxuria Fantasia that interferes with Ala's Body Mod from working. The only time I have ever heard about a mod causing problems for ABM was Everybody Is Female and picking something about only female vanilla traits, but I dont use that mod so I dont know anything more about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, AITH said:

How is the heritability of these traits determined? It looks like dick passes from father to son but everything else is random. I looked at the traits in the mod but I couldnt make a complete determination.

It's complicated and depends on the race that npc has. The race traits from DWR and LF dont really take after their parents, but land somewhere in range of where I saw that race fitting. Elves for example will never be thick, fairies will always be the smallest sizes, and orcs are always bigger then average. The gender of the npc also affects the range it can fall in. Humans are a lot more complicated. They usually but not always share the average size based on both parents variables(sizes) but can also come out very different. A Tall Father and a Tall Mother can produce a Short child, but if they had five children the majority should be Average to Towering. If a Short mother and a Towering Father have five children then they could be almost anything. Gender doesn't really matter with humans like the fantasy races, but remember a mother has a dick size in her genetics, just not a dick. 

I should clarify I am using this with regular ck(all the major dlc) no special races. So there is a method to it its not just random. Thats the main concern i have. When you say in the dna do you mean the dna string when you view the charinfo? I though that dna just had to do with appearance of the character. It doesnt actually impact heritability of traits directly unless this mod changes that.

Another question.....if i wanted to add an opposite trait thats only added on decision/event like a balls 0 trait added to the eunuch decision would that break the mod or impact future heritability in traits of offspring that already exist? Ideally id like to incorporate at least one negative level as a result of events or on target decisions for each trait. Also one other thing i noticed.....every once in a while a character doesnt have either the height or weight trait(dont remember which one) They are missing one of the colored circles with a size. It doesnt happen enough to really break the game experience but im just curious mechanically why it happens(want to learn more modding stuff).

24 minutes ago, AITH said:

I should clarify I am using this with regular ck(all the major dlc) no special races. So there is a method to it its not just random. Thats the main concern i have. When you say in the dna do you mean the dna string when you view the charinfo? I though that dna just had to do with appearance of the character. It doesnt actually impact heritability of traits directly unless this mod changes that.

Another question.....if i wanted to add an opposite trait thats only added on decision/event like a balls 0 trait added to the eunuch decision would that break the mod or impact future heritability in traits of offspring that already exist? Ideally id like to incorporate at least one negative level as a result of events or on target decisions for each trait. Also one other thing i noticed.....every once in a while a character doesnt have either the height or weight trait(dont remember which one) They are missing one of the colored circles with a size. It doesnt happen enough to really break the game experience but im just curious mechanically why it happens(want to learn more modding stuff).

The traits are controlled by variables, hidden numbers that can be used to control stuff like this. The mod has checks at various times = game start, adulthood, and I think a once a year check to make sure everybody has both variables and traits. Then it sets a character flag on the npc that tells the mod that npc has been through the event and doesn't need to repeat it again. When a new npc is generated by the game or a mod that doesn't add the variables when they are created then they do not have any variables until the once a year check, so occasionally someone will be without the traits. If they are only missing one trait there might be a problem in the scripting somewhere or game engine lag or something. There are debug options in the intrigue menu for ABM that can be used to fix npcs if they somehow passed a check and still don't have the traits.

Depends how you do the scripting. If you leave the character flag and variables alone when you add the new trait then the genetics shouldn't be affected and the mod wont re-add my traits unless you do it manually with the debug events or remove the character flag somehow. For a eunuch you could just remove the trait(s). Or just add the eunuch trait to be opposite of my traits and adding it will automatically remove my traits.

One thing I will point out though is variables are erased when an npc dies, so the mod checks that dead npc for the trait itself when assigning their child its traits at adulthood. If there is not one of my traits the mod just assigns that parent an average number to be used for that side of the genetics. Nothing will be broken, just not as accurate as its designed to be.

Ok cool. Thank you. I am determined to make a mod that more effectively replicates genetic heritibility of congential traits and i think this type of scripting would be better than anything else I have found to achieve that This mod below does it well too and i think it does something similar to what yours does by looking at the last 5 generations to factor in whether or not congenital traits from vanilla game should inherit.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847196864&searchtext=golden

Also would adding the hidden or is visible modifiers (and making your traits conditionally visible to one "master Trait") impact heritability. Basically to avoid trait spam my end goal is to make "utilitarian" traits or traits that wouldnt necessarily be public knowledge invisible generally and then command console one specific trait on and off when I need to see everything. 

9 hours ago, AITH said:

Ok cool. Thank you. I am determined to make a mod that more effectively replicates genetic heritibility of congential traits and i think this type of scripting would be better than anything else I have found to achieve that This mod below does it well too and i think it does something similar to what yours does by looking at the last 5 generations to factor in whether or not congenital traits from vanilla game should inherit.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847196864&searchtext=golden

Also would adding the hidden or is visible modifiers (and making your traits conditionally visible to one "master Trait") impact heritability. Basically to avoid trait spam my end goal is to make "utilitarian" traits or traits that wouldnt necessarily be public knowledge invisible generally and then command console one specific trait on and off when I need to see everything. 

Visibility wont affect the variables so genetics should be fine. There are a couple of mods out there that use this concept and it work well for them.