1 hour ago, zarantha said:

You need to build the bodyslides for them to show up. If they aren't showing up, you need to make sure the outputs are going to the right path. There's a section on the troubleshooting post for how to troubleshoot bodyslide to make sure it's going to the right place. Follow that.

Speaking of this, would you remember if anyone has run into black hands with binders? (ropebinder fingers) or shadow hands with straight jackets? (did a search with magic words but I haven't found anything)

I'm using 3BA, I'm gonna do some troubleshooting to narrow down the culprit - but thought to make sure this is a new thing.

On 6/25/2023 at 2:32 PM, zarantha said:

Do you have FSMP installed and working? if chains aren't moving or are on/under the ground, that's a indication your SMP is broken or non existant.

Thank you, that seems to have fixed the issue. 

One other issue has since arisen that is weird: Gagtalking seems to have been muted.

Previously, unless I installed the GagSFX mod, followers would simply talk like normal if they were gagged, albeit with weird animations. If GagSFX was installed, they'd make gag noises.

Now, they don't speak, but they don't make noises either. I've tried debugging GagSFX, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I know one of the more recent updates changed DD framework Device Hider to only hide DD items. Is there a way to re-enable the option to hide non-DD items, be it a MCM or console command? I'm changing TAWOBA armor to correspond with DD items (bra using slot 56, Bikini bottom using slot 49, along with other changes) and as an effect of these changes, TAWOBA will be usable with normal (slot 32) armors. If this isn't possible, is there a keyword I can add to armors for DD Device Hider to recognize and hide the item (not as convenient though).

Edited by Majin Buu
9 hours ago, agrdrk said:

Speaking of this, would you remember if anyone has run into black hands with binders? (ropebinder fingers) or shadow hands with straight jackets? (did a search with magic words but I haven't found anything)

I'm using 3BA, I'm gonna do some troubleshooting to narrow down the culprit - but thought to make sure this is a new thing.

Yes. You can fix it in xedit. It's not a mesh problem, it's just the rope's black textures were also applied to the hand mesh as a texture swap.

Steps to fix them are here, because it's in DCL not DD.
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100032-deviously-cursed-loot-se-90-2021-03-09/page/154/?tab=comments#comment-3314878

The shadow hands aren't fixable, it seems to be an engine limitation. It's not because of magic. The best you can do is remove any rings and don't put overlays on your hands. for some reason Racemenu is still showing the overlay even when the hand mesh is deliberately removed (because you shouldn't see your hands for this animation). And skyrim being skyrim, it's putting the rings on where the fingers should be for likely the same reason. The 'hands' are where the animation puts them, which isn't where you'd expect them to be for straitjackets. It reuses the armbinder animations.

4 hours ago, Addasus said:

Thank you, that seems to have fixed the issue. 

One other issue has since arisen that is weird: Gagtalking seems to have been muted.

Previously, unless I installed the GagSFX mod, followers would simply talk like normal if they were gagged, albeit with weird animations. If GagSFX was installed, they'd make gag noises.

Now, they don't speak, but they don't make noises either. I've tried debugging GagSFX, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

you'd need to check with that mod. it's likely conflicting with the updates in DD, i think i recall that new gag sounds were included and that mod should have been redundant, but i'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Majin Buu said:

I know one of the more recent updates changed DD framework Device Hider to only hide DD items. Is there a way to re-enable the option to hide non-DD items, be it a MCM or console command? I'm changing TAWOBA armor to correspond with DD items (bra using slot 56, Bikini bottom using slot 49, along with other changes) and as an effect of these changes, TAWOBA will be usable with normal (slot 32) armors. If this isn't possible, is there a keyword I can add to armors for DD Device Hider to recognize and hide the item (not as convenient though).

No. I've suggested adding DD keywords to the other outfits, but no one has provided feedback on if it works.

There's nothing you can do in DD to revert the change.

You'd probably want the keywords that correspond to the type of device you want them to mimic. devious_bra, devious_chastity, etc (i'm faking this, i don't recall the exact keyword of the top of my head).

No. I've suggested adding DD keywords to the other outfits, but no one has provided feedback on if it works.

There's nothing you can do in DD to revert the change.

You'd probably want the keywords that correspond to the type of device you want them to mimic. devious_bra, devious_chastity, etc (i'm faking this, i don't recall the exact keyword of the top of my head).

You tested with those 2 keywords (whatever the actual keyword may be) and they worked to get DD to hide the items? I would be worried about unintended interactions from using those 2 keywords though.

you'd need to check with that mod. it's likely conflicting with the updates in DD, i think i recall that new gag sounds were included and that mod should have been redundant, but i'm not sure.

Did a bit more testing, and it seems like the gag sounds will activate eventually, if given enough time. Might have something to do with mods like NFF doing startup tasks every time.

I've heard that GagSFX was made "redundant" for years. At least since DD4, but I've never managed to get followers to have gag sounds without it. Like I said, they just talk as normal. But I'll give it another shot, see what happens.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Majin Buu said:

You tested with those 2 keywords (whatever the actual keyword may be) and they worked to get DD to hide the items? I

I'm not recommend use those keywords for other bra as DD will identify those as restraints and not put on actual restraints. Or maybe worse. In theory.

Good afternoon,

I have been busy converting the DD - UUNP bodyslides to BHUNP 3BBB.
However, when testing it in-game the scaling doesn't work, when it does within Bodyslide.

This is the first time it has happened to me and I'm still pretty new to Outfit Studio. Perhaps I messed up the conversion because I do:
- load outfit into Outfit Studio
- (delete previous body when present) Import BHUNP Reference.

- edit the outfit (sometimes add 'squish')

- Copy Bony weighs to cover whole outfit (requires high number for boots and jackets).
- Conform Sliders
- Tested sliders for clipping.

- Save As > input name and then click [to project] (so everything uses the file name).

Below are the images to give an example of what I meant.

Spoiler
Spoiler

2019416705_hi3ssd.png.18afce19b48591a96549f08f7d2c4eb5.png

^ ^ BodySlide shows scaling as it supposed to

v v In-game the item does not scale (should be scaled by DCL arousal based scaling - see piercings)

Spoiler

ScreenShot382.png.b62a8e4f2de1f175e8fcb465c1341867.png

Is there a way to fix it?
I rather not use the older Bodyslide files because that removes the new textures for leather etc, nor includes some of the new items.

edit:
p.s. when copying Bone Weight, I use "Mask Weighted Vertices" to see what got covered, and then I do a higher number of "Copy Bony weight" (not sure if I should remove the mask first or not before applying weight to the item).

Edited by Straze
14 hours ago, zarantha said:

Yes. You can fix it in xedit. It's not a mesh problem, it's just the rope's black textures were also applied to the hand mesh as a texture swap.

Steps to fix them are here, because it's in DCL not DD.
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100032-deviously-cursed-loot-se-90-2021-03-09/page/154/?tab=comments#comment-3314878

The shadow hands aren't fixable, it seems to be an engine limitation. It's not because of magic. The best you can do is remove any rings and don't put overlays on your hands. for some reason Racemenu is still showing the overlay even when the hand mesh is deliberately removed (because you shouldn't see your hands for this animation). And skyrim being skyrim, it's putting the rings on where the fingers should be for likely the same reason. The 'hands' are where the animation puts them, which isn't where you'd expect them to be for straitjackets. It reuses the armbinder animations.

ooh, thanks a bunch! for the shadow hands I did screw around with the overlays, explains why it appeared, or rather why I noticed

Hello!

Firstly, I'd like to thank nomkaz and zarantha for helping me out last time, i got everything working now after downloading the mod for the fifth time (except dawnguard vampire feet, bodyslide doesn't seem to like those for some reason, but it doesn't break the game so it's fine).

Next, I'd like to pester you again! after having some great fun playing the mod i'm currently looking into making my own small mod that builds on the content provided by DD. I've already looked into how to use the creation kit and papyrus, but my problem is that i can't figure out how to set DD as a dependency and access it's stuff. i can't find anything about it on google and when i try load the conten in the creation kit by clicking on file -> data... and setting it to load DD Integration (which i think is the dependency that i need), then i always get an error that says "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation aborted". I get this error both when i select Skyrim.esm to be loaded as well and when i try to only load that. in case it matters: i'm trying to add some additional behaviour to some of the devices in dd, which probably means i'll have to add some newly written scripts to them, but in order to do that i'll first need to be able to access them in the creation kit. To get back to the question: how do i add DD as a dependency for my use case?

22 hours ago, Majin Buu said:

You tested with those 2 keywords (whatever the actual keyword may be) and they worked to get DD to hide the items? I would be worried about unintended interactions from using those 2 keywords though.

No, I did not test. I have little interest in using device hider - most of the time it's off now for me. That's just where I would have started if I did want to do something like that. 

Based on Elsidia's comment a few posts up, that would not be a good idea.

There is no official guidance from kimy on workarounds to make device hider work the way it used to. So many people complained about device hider interfering with modular armors. And now that it's fixed, there's other people complaining that they can't do what they used to do. Just goes to show you can't make everyone happy. 

10 hours ago, Straze said:

Good afternoon,

I have been busy converting the DD - UUNP bodyslides to BHUNP 3BBB.
However, when testing it in-game the scaling doesn't work, when it does within Bodyslide.

This is the first time it has happened to me and I'm still pretty new to Outfit Studio. Perhaps I messed up the conversion because I do:
- load outfit into Outfit Studio
- (delete previous body when present) Import BHUNP Reference.

- edit the outfit (sometimes add 'squish')

- Copy Bony weighs to cover whole outfit (requires high number for boots and jackets).
- Conform Sliders
- Tested sliders for clipping.

- Save As > input name and then click [to project] (so everything uses the file name).

Below are the images to give an example of what I meant.

Hide contents
  Hide contents

2019416705_hi3ssd.png.18afce19b48591a96549f08f7d2c4eb5.png

^ ^ BodySlide shows scaling as it supposed to

v v In-game the item does not scale (should be scaled by DCL arousal based scaling - see piercings)

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot382.png.b62a8e4f2de1f175e8fcb465c1341867.png

Is there a way to fix it?
I rather not use the older Bodyslide files because that removes the new textures for leather etc, nor includes some of the new items.

edit:
p.s. when copying Bone Weight, I use "Mask Weighted Vertices" to see what got covered, and then I do a higher number of "Copy Bony weight" (not sure if I should remove the mask first or not before applying weight to the item).

You forgot a checkbox:
image.png.e5a56846db253bafb2f4738441d613c2.png

1 minute ago, zarantha said:

No, I did not test. I have little interest in using device hider - most of the time it's off now for me. That's just where I would have started if I did want to do something like that. 

Based on Elsidia's comment a few posts up, that would not be a good idea.

There is no official guidance from kimy on workarounds to make device hider work the way it used to. So many people complained about device hider interfering with modular armors. And now that it's fixed, there's other people complaining that they can't do what they used to do. Just goes to show you can't make everyone happy. 

I didn't really use device hider myself either. Was off 99.9% of the time. With a version of TAWOBA I am doing. I just though it would be interesting if vanilla armor could hide slot 49 and 56 (bikini bra and bottoms) when equipped. If there was a keyword that could be added to the armors, I would use that. If not, it is what it is.

10 hours ago, Straze said:

edit:

Also, for most outfits you DO NOT want to mask before copying weights. That means the masked part won't get the weights. remove the mask before copying. masking to see what is weighted is fine, although i usually just go to the bones tab, select the first weight and arrow down through all the bones to see each one individually.

And there is no reason to copy weights at a higher number except for when parts of the outfit are outside of the reach of the normal numbers and don't get weighted. Take the default first, if not everything is weighted then you can do the copy again at a higher value.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

You forgot a checkbox:

woops. Must have gotten disabled when reinstalling the software to fix missing textures (due to moving all files to my new PC).

masking to see what is weighted is fine, although...

I see, I will try that and see what works better for me. Thanks for the tip!

reason to copy weights at a higher number except...

Yeah, it's mostly input a higher number required for heel tipsl or the bottom part of some DD dress (present with straightjackets). Others seem to work fine.
I basically move up by +2 every time, but sometimes I notice that going high number wouldn't fully weight it, but when I do "copy" again with same input (or lower) input - it does cover everything (maybe an issue by masking what was weighted before).

Edited by Straze
8 hours ago, Straze said:

DD dress

Dresses.... are a pain, to put it mildly. And to be frank, I avoided redoing those weights whenever possible. The automatic weight painting never gets it right and they need hand painted. If you test them in game, you'll likely see a 'split' when walking after redoing the weights, that's due to the weight painting. especially on the hobble skirts. I have yet to successfully hand paint a skirt right, i need to look at redoing those.

What I do for 3ba is keep the original weights, and only copy the new thigh weights for the dress part of the outfit. It's a pain because you need to select only the specific bones to copy and not all, but it seems to work the best.

For armbinders, you want to just keep them all the spine2 (i think) weight. Don't copy in the arm and hand weights even if you figured out how to. It doesn't work right, and i had to go back to the spine only for those.

For the restrictive collars, you want to export the head mesh from the skyrim BSAs, and add them in to copy those weights too. That works best when done last. If it asks you about transforms or something like that, say no. Not quite sure what that means, but saying yes also didn't work out well. :D 

Feet are another problem area. Unless you have a seam when wearing the restrictive boots and such (where the foot is showing), I wouldn't replace the foot mesh. Boots where the foot is not showing, you can treat as normal. If you are getting a seam with UNP feet and BHUNP body, you'll want to google for a heels reference for BHUNP to use. Those should have a low/high heel foot pose, which will get you close. Getting the foot shoved in exactly how the shoe actually is requires going to the bone tab, expanding the posing section and playing with the x y z rotations and offsets. Once you have it right, you can go to sliders and select set base shape to bake the pose into the foot reference. 

By the way, I have a google spreadsheet done up so I didn't miss things. You're welcome to copy it for your own reference or add to it (i have a blank BHUNP section that I have not gotten to).  You'll need to fill in the LE UNP slidersets and outfit names, but they should be fairly similar to the LE CBBE ones. And you can check off as you go. They're all the way over to the right. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JT0l9-8O26rNh5lZ-EFbTe5LKzswDerwIctDwtAoPwE/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, MiniMantis492 said:

Is there an updated download page? I can't access the files to download and for the mods I need Assets, Expansion, and Integration.

The first post in this thread goes to the download page for SE. DD is not 3 separate mods anymore. The are all included in a single fomod installer.