Kimy

Devious Devices SE 5.0 (2020-11-26)

54 minutes ago, Gaussz said:

Hello, I hope someone can help me, I have noticed that certain items of this mod make some parts of my characters invisible, for example, hands or feet. When equipping a rubber suit my character's wrist disappear. I have seen people who solve these types of errors with SSEdit, if someone can tell me how to fix it, I would appreciate it

if it's the whole body disappearing, then run bodyslide and make sure you have dda and ddx selected at minimum.

if it's just wrists and calves, yes those need to be fixed by adding calves and forearms. check the link below.

hands are supposed to disappear when in an armbinder.

if hands and feet are disappearing outside of that, it could be an item wasn't built, or some other issue. let me know the item's exact in game name and i will check.

Guide I made:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=2944414

I am currently re-working the DD bodyslides getting ready for the upcoming update. Can you tell me what outfits you see missing wrists and ankles on so I can make sure I have them covered? I plan on having all of those fixed in DD 5.0, either by kimy updating the outfits in the esm directly, or by providing a override patch (hopefully esl'd if there's not too many).

Hello all, I am having a minor problem, more of an irritation and the normal fixes are not working.  My PC is stuck in the Armbinder pose, i.e. arms behind the back, no Armbinders equiped on character.  This is happening directly after loading up mods on a Clean Save, and I do mean clean, no mods installed, saved after exiting the cave, after Helgen.  I created the save personally.   Battleready, running, "sexy" walk/run animations,all work correctly, crouch (crawl on all fours), etc... all work correctly, but after exiting these animations, it goes right back to the Armbinder pose and the jump animation, instead of PCEA2 animation I selected, it is a "yoke" animation ( i am guessing).  I have reinstalled a couple of times, and sometimes I can get the animation to remain "normal", sometimes, like now, it will not change.  Regardless of what I try.  Even resetting the PC-AI has no effect.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks

26 minutes ago, The Insane One said:

Hello all, I am having a minor problem, more of an irritation and the normal fixes are not working.  My PC is stuck in the Armbinder pose, i.e. arms behind the back, no Armbinders equiped on character.  This is happening directly after loading up mods on a Clean Save, and I do mean clean, no mods installed, saved after exiting the cave, after Helgen.  I created the save personally.   Battleready, running, "sexy" walk/run animations,all work correctly, crouch (crawl on all fours), etc... all work correctly, but after exiting these animations, it goes right back to the Armbinder pose and the jump animation, instead of PCEA2 animation I selected, it is a "yoke" animation ( i am guessing).  I have reinstalled a couple of times, and sometimes I can get the animation to remain "normal", sometimes, like now, it will not change.  Regardless of what I try.  Even resetting the PC-AI has no effect.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks

toggle player walk off/on if you have fnis sexy move. fnis sexy move is compatible, but i don't know about pcea2. try removing that if toggling the player walk off/on doesn't work.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

toggle player walk off/on if you have fnis sexy move. fnis sexy move is compatible, but i don't know about pcea2. try removing that if toggling the player walk off/on doesn't work.

Thanks, I will try that.  I believe they are compatible, I used all three and more in LE and in my earlier testing in SE.  It seems all new installs begin the same way, using DD animations.  This is the first time, I was unable to fix it, in either iteration of Skyrim(LE or SE).  There is a FOMOD error in DD, a missing folder, but it doesn't seem to be related to this problem.  I haven't tried to track it down yet, I was mostly, testing my load order with 380+ active ESM, ESP/ESL's, just under 500 mods.

Thanks for the advice.

11 hours ago, zarantha said:
12 hours ago, Gaussz said:

Hello, I hope someone can help me, I have noticed that certain items of this mod make some parts of my characters invisible, for example, hands or feet. When equipping a rubber suit my character's wrist disappear. I have seen people who solve these types of errors with SSEdit, if someone can tell me how to fix it, I would appreciate it

if it's the whole body disappearing, then run bodyslide and make sure you have dda and ddx selected at minimum.

if it's just wrists and calves, yes those need to be fixed by adding calves and forearms. check the link below.

hands are supposed to disappear when in an armbinder.

if hands and feet are disappearing outside of that, it could be an item wasn't built, or some other issue. let me know the item's exact in game name and i will check.

Guide I made:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=2944414

I am currently re-working the DD bodyslides getting ready for the upcoming update. Can you tell me what outfits you see missing wrists and ankles on so I can make sure I have them covered? I plan on having all of those fixed in DD 5.0, either by kimy updating the outfits in the esm directly, or by providing a override patch (hopefully esl'd if there's not too many).

i have an interesting one for you, if i can remember which pieces. but i was recently wearing one of the thigh boots. and then one of the ankle cuffs was added by a trap, and that's when i noticed that my thigh boots, suddenly changed into knee boots lol. somehow the ankle cuffs made the thigh part of the boots invisible. the knee boots looked great though i have to admit :)

7 hours ago, The Insane One said:

Thanks, I will try that.  I believe they are compatible, I used all three and more in LE and in my earlier testing in SE.  It seems all new installs begin the same way, using DD animations.  This is the first time, I was unable to fix it, in either iteration of Skyrim(LE or SE).  There is a FOMOD error in DD, a missing folder, but it doesn't seem to be related to this problem.  I haven't tried to track it down yet, I was mostly, testing my load order with 380+ active ESM, ESP/ESL's, just under 500 mods.

Thanks for the advice.

Just equip an armbinder then unequip it using the manipulate locks option. This should clear your problem.

8 hours ago, The Insane One said:

Thanks for the advice.

the fomod error is because the dll source files weren't included. it does not affect gameplay, they are only used when building the dll to a new skse version.

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i have an interesting one for you, if i can remember which pieces. but i was recently wearing one of the thigh boots. and then one of the ankle cuffs was added by a trap, and that's when i noticed that my thigh boots, suddenly changed into knee boots lol. somehow the ankle cuffs made the thigh part of the boots invisible. the knee boots looked great though i have to admit :)

that is weird. but that would likely be adding a body slot to the ankle cuffs or boots, not sure how well that would work out with an actual bodyslot item. i'd hate to have catsuits and hobble suits go invisible just  because you're wearing ankle cuffs or thigh boots :)

I'll take a look, but that one might have to stay as is.

19 minutes ago, Bullfye said:

Incompatible DDa SKSE DDa Plugin ...I guess its from a older version and its incompatible with the new SKSE

The plugin is compatible still. It's been compatible since shortly after 2.0.17 was released. Reinstall the DD all in one installer from the download page on the first post, then install again selecting 'none' for the DLL.

If you have dda, ddi, dde installed separately, remove them.

9 hours ago, zarantha said:

the fomod error is because the dll source files weren't included. it does not affect gameplay, they are only used when building the dll to a new skse version.

Thanks, everything seemed to work, so I wasn't super worried about the FOMOD error.  I figured, as far as the dll, there would have been a notification in MO2.  Plus I have all the extra fixes and such installed.  Thanks for the explanation.  It may help with tracking down an issue I have with another mod.  Although, that is definitely because it is a LE port, I ported myself and I am not well versed in updating dll's.  I guess it is time to learn.

5 minutes ago, The Insane One said:

Thanks, everything seemed to work, so I wasn't super worried about the FOMOD error.  I figured, as far as the dll, there would have been a notification in MO2.  Plus I have all the extra fixes and such installed.  Thanks for the explanation.  It may help with tracking down an issue I have with another mod.  Although, that is definitely because it is a LE port, I ported myself and I am not well versed in updating dll's.  I guess it is time to learn.

Still need to learn that myself, lol. I figure I'll take a whack at the DD DLL with the next update. But yeah, the LE ports with DLLs are the hardest, since those can't be converted and do need to be recompiled.

Someone pointed me at a tutorial that has an example plugin. Haven't gone through it yet, but it was highly recommended that I start there. For recompiling, you don't necessarily need to understand the code ( bonus if you do! ), you just need the steps to recompile it against the current skse version.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=SKSE_Plugin_Creation

20 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Still need to learn that myself, lol. I figure I'll take a whack at the DD DLL with the next update. But yeah, the LE ports with DLLs are the hardest, since those can't be converted and do need to be recompiled.

Someone pointed me at a tutorial that has an example plugin. Haven't gone through it yet, but it was highly recommended that I start there. For recompiling, you don't necessarily need to understand the code ( bonus if you do! ), you just need the steps to recompile it against the current skse version.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=SKSE_Plugin_Creation

Fricking awesome, thanks.

I can't remove iron fetters from my player. Literally there's no option to remove. Just "Put them on" and "Carry On". Console commands don't work either. 

Edit: It's not my save. Just tested on a new save and the same problem occurs. Most likely Iron Fetters are broken. 

30 minutes ago, bosnia_fish said:

Whenever I try to download it from the MEGA link it crashes my browser. I've tried several. Any advice?

That is firewall antivirus Annoying you !

Go to your firewall setting and allow Mega downloads..

So i started a new game today and i have noticed that my Armbinders and Yokes don't have the right animations my characters arms are just chilling outside the armbinder with no hands when i draw my "weapons" and walk around i do have the correct animation though so only when standing still and walking normally without drawn weapons it doesn't work and i also can't kneel and crawl in sanguines debauchery which is a problem i also didn't have before i didn't change my load order or anything so idk what could be the cause.

8 hours ago, Dr.p345 said:

I can't remove iron fetters from my player. Literally there's no option to remove. Just "Put them on" and "Carry On". Console commands don't work either. 

Edit: It's not my save. Just tested on a new save and the same problem occurs. Most likely Iron Fetters are broken. 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=3077930

Known and unresolvable:

Conflict with No Enchantment Restriction SKSE Remake - Uninstall No Enchantment Restriction
        Locks break / don't work with this installed, and likely other unlisted conflicts

As elsidia said, iron fetters are fine. Make sure you don't have the mod 'no enchantment restriction' or  some other mod that modifies enchantments for other mods installed, because it conflicts with DD.

image.thumb.png.e84b83f90b3bac13e812b76ba03942c2.png

Hi! Please let me know: Should I always let Devious Devices overwrite everything (for compatibility I guess), or should other mods, like Cursed Loot, overwrite the DD files?

I noticed The ball gag does not open the mouth. My idea would be to add the "Mfg Fix" from the Nexus to my mod setup (had no time to test yet). Is that correct or what else is there to know about that?

Thank you very much.

18 hours ago, Dr.p345 said:

I see. Thanks for the heads up!

there is a way to remove them using console commands. i've had to do this a few times here and there. oddly enough, lately it's been happening more often than it ever did.

1. open the console, and click on the PC so that the "ID" of the PC is shown on screen.
2. type "show inventory"

3. towards the bottom of the list, you should see items that are "worn". look for the one that matches the item you're wearing and note the ID.

4. type "player.removeitem", then a space and add the ID# of the item, another space, then add the number of items you want removed, in this case, would be "1". so the string would like this this in the end: "player.removeitem xxxxxx 1"  ( the XXXXX is a simlulated ID# lol)

once you type that in, you'll hear the removal sound, get out of console, and the item should be off

7 hours ago, effrenatus said:

Hi! Please let me know: Should I always let Devious Devices overwrite everything (for compatibility I guess), or should other mods, like Cursed Loot, overwrite the DD files?

I noticed The ball gag does not open the mouth. My idea would be to add the "Mfg Fix" from the Nexus to my mod setup (had no time to test yet). Is that correct or what else is there to know about that?

Thank you very much.

DD and DCL use the same assets because they're from the same author. Which of them overwrites does not matter. Other mods than cursed loot should not be overwriting DD scripts. Meshes/textures could change the visuals but won't impact functionality - just make sure nothing in behaviors or animations are overwritten.

MFG Fix is the accepted solution for gags. There's also another gag fix to fix an edge case on loading.

mega post with all the troubleshooting and links:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=3077930

Mouths not opening for gags == Install MFG Fix or another MFG mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11669

Mouth not opening properly with a gag on load == DD 4.3 Gag fix (should be fixed in DD 5.0): https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-43a-2019-09-10/?do=findComment&comment=2760447

4 hours ago, qawsedrftg765 said:

@zarantha Your people need you!

Lol, I'm working on it, I promise!

Some of the bodyslide conversions were off, so I got bogged down fixing those, as well as trying to fix the calves and arms. That's the only holdup and I think I'm on the downside now.

Considering how many complaints there were on that, I'm trying to get a good final cleanup on those so we don't have umpteen million different bodyslide patches and hdt patches floating around.  And fixing the fking fomod so it's clearer on what dll is needed, lol.