HELP NEEDED: How to convert Skyrim animations to Fallout 4?

Does anyone know what steps are needed to convert Skyrim animations to Fallout 4? This is assuming that I have the source 3DSMax files.

Is there a guide someone that outlines the process? Can it be automated to any degree?

I am working with someone who has a large number of popular animations from Skyrim that would like to bring them to FO4. But, need some guidance on how to do it.

6 minutes ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

I don't think it can be done otherwise it would have been done already.

There wasn't much reason to do it before because there was no vehicle to play a large number of new animations.

I'm pretty sure that it can be done. Maybe not easily.

I'm thinking it's not in the realm of "easily possible" given that those Skyrim animations are based on a different skeleton structure.  I'm not an expert in this arena, but that the Skyrim and Fallout vanilla skeletons differ, and the XP32(MS) Skeleton for Skryim differs greatly from the vanilla versions in either game.

This is, unfortunately, one of those situations where I would respond to my product owners with: How much funding do you have? We can do anything with enough resources and people.

You may have luck in reaching out to @Leito86 though, as he is an expert in this arena, having created animations for both games. 

Thank you. I've also made animations in both and understand the skeletons (to a degree). But, I also feel like I'm only scratching the surface of 3DSMax capability. There is quite a bit that the pros can do there.

It seems like there should be a way to map the old bones to the new ones and apply the same motion data. Maybe some tedious initial setup but then being able to more easily re-run the process on subsequent animations.

From looking at them, it doesn't seem like the skeletons differ at least in the most apparently fundamental ways. Number of bones to make up a hand, arm, leg, etc. are pretty much the same.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...