I'm having major computer problems,

I'm constantly getting a blue screen with various error messages or sometimes just a black screen reboot,

It started as a lagging issue I think when I first noticed,

I've been trying various maintenance tasks like rolling back, updating drivers etc but nothing seems to work,

Using without the battery attached seems to increase the time limit but doesn't improve the issue

Google tells me it's potentially corrupted drivers or malware but none of the scans or diagnosis I'm using are picking anything up or finding anything out of place,

Is this a software issue or does something inside my laptop need to be repaired/replaced?

Can I fix this without having to reinstall everything from scratch?

When I purchased my laptop from brand new, it didn't come with any discs and windows 8.1 already installed along with some Lenovo extras,

Will this repair itself without a problem or is it likely I'll need to find password etc?

Please help!!!!!!

Hi, R-Lo. Sorry to hear your having these problems. I had a  similar issue i few years ago. It sounds like your hard drive is going bad or your CPU. When I had these problems, I replaced my hard drive, CPU, and mother board. I am no computer genius, though. Try avast antivirus and malware bytes, they usually find a lot of issues. Good luck.?

The windows code should be on a sticker on the comp u bought. There is likely a way for the OS to reach out into the internet and repair itself without a disk. But i have never done this.

This is gonna be the worst tech advice ever. When this sort of thing happens to me and I cannot fix in the obvious ways, I send it off for someone else to repair. $60/hr +parts is always better than beating my head bloody. Sorry bout your troubles man.

@weredeer & @GreyMouse

Thanks for your suggestions!

It's helpful to hear your wisdoms and get a sense of direction,

I have been working on it today and seem to have an improved situation, around 6hrs without shutdown,

I'm hoping this isn't a fluke!! I'm also preparing to have a repair person check it over,

Fingers crossed for now that it's safe!

Hi. I am looking for a specific animation from your pack - it is the "tickle time 2" animation (the one with the x-frame, but without the brush). Any idea how I can extract it? Usually in packs I can identify animations by name, but with your pack it is difficult as there are no clues. I just want to edit it a little for personal use, if you don't mind.

Just now, handsupgirl said:

Hi. I am looking for a specific animation from your pack - it is the "tickle time 2" animation (the one with the x-frame, but without the brush). Any idea how I can extract it? Usually in packs I can identify animations by name, but with your pack it is difficult as there are no clues. I just want to edit it a little for personal use, if you don't mind.

Hi!

I'm not really sure how to navigate with extracting specific animations yet,

However, I'd actually like to hear your thoughts as it's one I'm going to improve on soon, 

There's some stuff I'd like to fix and loosen up with that one so I'm open to feedback!

6 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

Hi!

I'm not really sure how to navigate with extracting specific animations yet,

However, I'd actually like to hear your thoughts as it's one I'm going to improve on soon, 

There's some stuff I'd like to fix and loosen up with that one so I'm open to feedback!

The Sims 4 studio cannot be used to extract such packages as it does not show specific poses and animation for some reason (I guess due to Whicked Whims packages being done differently), so I use s4pe. When I look at other packages, I can see various hints such as "teasing_counter" etc, that point me to the exact pose I need. There are no such names in your package.

Do you have any idea how to find that specific animation I am looking for? You must have named it somehow.

21 minutes ago, handsupgirl said:

The Sims 4 studio cannot be used to extract such packages as it does not show specific poses and animation for some reason (I guess due to Whicked Whims packages being done differently), so I use s4pe. When I look at other packages, I can see various hints such as "teasing_counter" etc, that point me to the exact pose I need. There are no such names in your package.

Do you have any idea how to find that specific animation I am looking for? You must have named it somehow.

I'm guessing I've named it tickle 2 or tickle edit or something like that,

Out of interest, what part of my animation are you looking to edit and why?

The feedback is useful you see and could be an improvement I could add for everybody ?

The names do not appear anywhere. There are no names for the files, only various codes and numbers. There is no way of knowing which file is which. The only thing I can do is extract every file into a package, but that would take forever given that there are so many animations in your pack. I am completely lost now.

Just now, handsupgirl said:

I already told you what I was going to try to do. I want to see how it works without the x-frame.

You didn't tell me, only that you wanted to edit it ?

Without the x-frame the actor would just be hovering in mid-air, it's not going to look right

I'm already working towards tickling for more locations if it's your thing ?

5 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

You didn't tell me, only that you wanted to edit it ?

Without the x-frame the actor would just be hovering in mid-air, it's not going to look right

I'm already working towards tickling for more locations if it's your thing ?

Not really my thing, but there are some people who would like to see such poses, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

And yes, I know that without the x-frame the sim will be hovering in the air. I want to try and put them on the floor. It is a little posing experiment to see if I can do it.

1 hour ago, handsupgirl said:

Not really my thing, but there are some people who would like to see such poses, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

And yes, I know that without the x-frame the sim will be hovering in the air. I want to try and put them on the floor. It is a little posing experiment to see if I can do it.

No problem, I got some nice things to come and some things to try out myself, good luck with your experimenting and I hope you'll enjoy the new ones to come

1 hour ago, username98789 said:

Hi, do you have another link for the jeffyboys plaything? I cant get access to it, and would love to check your animations out

Hi!

The site it's found at requires a sign-up to access it, it's worth doing as you might find some other things you like too ?

15 hours ago, R-Lo said:

'm having major computer problems,

I'm constantly getting a blue screen with various error messages or sometimes just a black screen reboot,

I've been trying various maintenance tasks like rolling back, updating drivers etc but nothing seems to work,

Using without the battery attached seems to increase the time limit but doesn't improve the issue

Google tells me it's potentially corrupted drivers or malware but none of the scans or diagnosis I'm using are picking anything up or finding anything out of place,

Is this a software issue or does something inside my laptop need to be repaired/replaced?

When I purchased my laptop from brand new, it didn't come with any discs and windows 8.1 already installed along with some Lenovo extras,

Will this repair itself without a problem or is it likely I'll need to find password etc?

Please help!!!!!!

Try this: https://www.eightforums.com/threads/system-recovery-options-boot-to-in-windows-8.2269/

5 hours ago, marita52 said:

Try this: https://www.eightforums.com/threads/system-recovery-options-boot-to-in-windows-8.2269/

Thank you for the help!

I'm going to try opening it up tonight and see if a clean out will help, if no change then I'll look at a full recovery

On 10/24/2018 at 1:04 AM, R-Lo said:

No problem, I got some nice things to come and some things to try out myself, good luck with your experimenting and I hope you'll enjoy the new ones to come

Thanks. Here's an idea - if you could make poses of tickling a tied-up sim that would be nice. There are rope and handcuffs props around, so I'm sure they are doable. Touching the breasts of a tied-up sim would be also great, but it seems pretty difficult to make. Anyway, just some ideas in that direction of tickling you may want to try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 6:58 AM, R-Lo said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm having major computer problems,

Please help!!!!!!

Did you upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free?

My old laptop had similiar issues (also started to run extremely hot. The battery especially) about a year after the upgrade. Apparently some OEM laptops really didn't like that. Mine was an MSI apache something something.

Recovery didn't work, because the Windows 10 upgrade overwrote all recovery tools so that they didn't exist. MSI wanted me to purchase a recovery disc from them, but it wouldn't have guaranteed anything.

I ended up buying a new hard drive (went with an SSD), downloaded all the necessary drivers (lan, video, sounds, processor, ect from the MSI website) and backed up all personal files onto an external hdd. Swapped out the harddrives, installed all the drivers and lived happily ever after. It took a while, but worked.

9 hours ago, Davis1891 said:

Did you upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free?

My old laptop had similiar issues (also started to run extremely hot. The battery especially) about a year after the upgrade. Apparently some OEM laptops really didn't like that. Mine was an MSI apache something something.

Recovery didn't work, because the Windows 10 upgrade overwrote all recovery tools so that they didn't exist. MSI wanted me to purchase a recovery disc from them, but it wouldn't have guaranteed anything.

I ended up buying a new hard drive (went with an SSD), downloaded all the necessary drivers (lan, video, sounds, processor, ect from the MSI website) and backed up all personal files onto an external hdd. Swapped out the harddrives, installed all the drivers and lived happily ever after. It took a while, but worked.

Hi!

I actually avoided the upgrade myself, it was available for free when I had the computer from new but I was new to it all myself at that time and was a bit too hesitant to make changes and install things etc

I've been running 8.1 and occasionally of late I'd feel some warmth like you mentioned at times but not so much from the battery, 

The last week or so I've not experienced any shutdown after reinstalling windows from fresh but I think I need to get the internal checked out anyhow! Ultimately I need to look into a desktop someday for longevity lol!

I think I managed to diagnose my issue though....

I followed advice to check out the event logs viewer and 95% of the errors were related to McAfee antivirus which came pre-installed originally, it was removed for me and replaced with something better but I found that some folders remained, deleting them didn't help so I had to have a total clear up!

Hopefully it's gonna hold up for a while but I'm gonna try for a desktop after Xmas