Defiler Wings 1.4.1 English translation (not machine)

Defiler Wings 1.4.1 English translation (not machine)

This project is now officially abandoned. Feel free to pick it up and continue.

I haven't updated it for a long time and I don't see myself picking it up again. I hope it helped for some people. Special thanks to Akmed, who helped with a lot of translations.

Attention Russian speakers!
Looking for help from you guys! There is a section in the What's new section where I put the lines which I couldn't figure out from the machine translation. If you are willing to help, please check it and give me a rough translation. It is okay if it has bad grammar or not really English - it will be still a hundred times better than the machine translated texts. I'll fix it if necessary and of course you will be listed in the credits for your contribution.

What is this?

This is an English translation for Defiler Wings 1.4.1. You need the original game to be able to use this.

Defiler Wings is a dragon simulator game. You take the role of a dragon and bring destruction to all kingdoms. You also kidnap virgins and work on your dynasty...

It was developed by Old Huntsman and Co, a russian(?) dude and Co. When I tried it, it was obvious at once that the English version is mostly a machine translated one. Except from a few small parts (which was made by people) it is simply horrible.

So I started to make my own version, simply by writing directly in the python files. I thought I might as well share it with you.

It is not an easy job, because:
- I don't speak Russian, so I don't know what was the original text and what style the text had.
- I don't speak Google translate (nobody does...)
- I don't speak python
- English is not my 1st language.
- I am a Grandmatser of typoing.

An example: "Yes, if all women Floor was such a Dark Lady and her offspring would have very salty!"

Basically I have to figure out what the original text was by reading lines like this. Since I look at the python code, I don't have much context, just some variable names and comments. Sometimes there are still Russian words in it, which I may or may not find in online translators. Most of the time I think I know what was the text about, but in cases like the above, I just don't have the foggiest idea. So I come up with something which fits the text around it or just leave it out.

Spoiler

Because of this, you can expect some texts which are out of context and/or generally make no sense. If you see (somewhat) good text but it makes no sense, please report it:
- in which part of the game you saw it (so I have an idea which file to check)
- copypaste the exact text (so I can find it)
- suggestion of new text (what should I change it to)

When I notice these in game, I fix them, but the game is just too big to find everything by myself, so all help is appreciated.

Please note that only a small part of the text is fixed, so you will see bad machine translated texts everywhere. Please don't report problems with the obviously machine translated texts.

How to install

(Optional) Do a safety copy of the "game" directory in your game folder (or just the files which are in the zip).

Unpack into the game directory, overwrite when asked.

Disclaimer
I'm aware that the texts I "fixed" are still full with errors, typoes, etc. At the moment I made only 1 pass on them, meaning I didn't recheck them. IMO it is better to get all texts in "somewhat good" state before I start spending more time on shining them. That being said if you report problems I will fix them.

Credits

- Old Huntsman - the creator of the game
- the people who made the current translations, English menu, etc.

- Akmed - helped with countless lines from day 1. Kudos!

- LightSpectr, Graiden and<Censored name> - their help was invaluable in making sense of some tricky lines

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/25/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Defiler Wings 1.4.1

If you could rip and drop text from the game to me, I can try and translate some of it for you. But just to warn you in advance, english is also not my first language and I'd do it purely for the gist of the challenge such work would bring.

17 hours ago, Akmed said:

If you could rip and drop text from the game to me, I can try and translate some of it for you. But just to warn you in advance, english is also not my first language and I'd do it purely for the gist of the challenge such work would bring.

I have the text ripped, but it is in a special Dictionary format for QSP Tools. Let me show some of it:

<entry original="Ничего, мы аккуратненько" translated="Never mind, we carefully."/>
    <entry original="Люди бегут в ужасе, но ящер не тратит времени на погоню, ему нужна всего лишь одна девушка - самая красивая девственница, которая надеялась приглядеть себе лучшего жениха" translated="People run in terror, but the Raptor does not waste time in the chase, he needs only one girl, the most beautiful virgin who was hoping to watch best groom."/>
    <entry original="Да, если бы все женщины Вольных были такими, Тёмной Госпоже и её отродьям пришлось бы весьма солоно" translated="Yes, if all women Floor was such a Dark Lady and her offspring would have very salty."/>
    <entry original="Она посоветовала обратиться к тебе" translated="She was advised to contact you."/>

Basically there is even less context than when you look at the files directly, you just don't have any idea where that text belongs.

If you speak Russian though, I would appreciate if you could make some sense with some of the lines. For example the 3rd line here. :smile:

4 hours ago, lobby57 said:

It's good to see someone wanting to translate this, if i could i would like to help, but i know nothing of the russian language so i dont think i would be able to help much.

I hope you can translate this game for us all, good luck!

I appreciate the offer for help. What you can do to help is to play the game (or just open the file with a text editor) and check the texts. Any bad text eliminated is a step towards perfection! :smile:

Tbh, I'm not sure if I will finish all the translations, there is like a small book worth of text in 1.4.1. I guess that's why there is no good translation yet. Well, we will see how far I get. :smile:

Okay sorry for the late replay, but i will do my best!

3rd line - Yes, if only all of (I assume this is a name for in-game faction) Volnie / Free women were like that, the Dark Lady and her spawn would be in quite a pickle.

I will download the game then and see what I can translate separately and drop whatever I get to you. 

Edit: Ah right, remembered that Volnie is from the word Will in russian so it might also be translated to Willful.

4 hours ago, Akmed said:

Okay sorry for the late replay, but i will do my best!

3rd line - Yes, if only all of (I assume this is a name for in-game faction) Volnie / Free women were like that, the Dark Lady and her spawn would be in quite a pickle.

I will download the game then and see what I can translate separately and drop whatever I get to you. 

Edit: Ah right, remembered that Volnie is from the word Will in russian so it might also be translated to Willful.

Thank you, Akmed. I'm surprised, but I actually made a quite good guess here, I wrote this: If all free women would be so adroit, the Dark Lady and her offspring would be in trouble!

If you have some time, here are some more lines: :smile:

Spoiler

sex_screens.rpy (the filename and the numbers are for me to know which lines these belong to)
754 резко щёлкает зубами перед лицом пленницы. К сожалению, как ещё можно использовать свои роскошные клыки - он не знает.
761 Зубки у дракона весьма невпечатляющие. Да если бы и было наоборот - как их использовать на голове?!
988 настолько чудовищен, что способен довести пленницу до нервного срыва одним внешним видом. Но пугать лучше, глядя в глаза...
995 не настолько настолько чудовищен, чтобы доводить пленниц до нервного срыва одним внешним видом. К тому же пугать лучше, глядя в глаза...
1353 Громовой рёв дракона способен раскалывать камни. Вот только рычать лучше в уши..

Thanks in advance!

Monsta88, i will try to help with the lines you post in this topic and translate them into English if i can.

English isn't my native language so i might to work as fast as you but i will try to help when i can.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: i've also found another translation on the ulmf forums, it has translated the menu and a lot of the spells to some good understandable english and the first part of the witch's quest, up to the advisors.

I'll link it here for you if you want it, maybe you can put these into you pack.

https://mega.nz/#!idZiBbyD!OdtWtaU8AEK5cDpfwmtrRdjfTpD7_meUmh8PMwXTseY

1 hour ago, lobby57 said:

Monsta88, i will try to help with the lines you post in this topic and translate them into English if i can.

English isn't my native language so i might to work as fast as you but i will try to help when i can.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: i've also found another translation on the ulmf forums, it has translated the menu and a lot of the spells to some good understandable english and the first part of the witch's quest, up to the advisors.

I'll link it here for you if you want it, maybe you can put these into you pack.

https://mega.nz/#!idZiBbyD!OdtWtaU8AEK5cDpfwmtrRdjfTpD7_meUmh8PMwXTseY

Thanks for the offer, lobby57, any help is appreciated. I posted some sentences in my earlier message for Akmed, feel free to try translating some. :smile: I have some idea what those texts are, but I'm not entirely sure, so it would be nice to get a second opinion.

As for the linked translation, I have that one. If you look into the files, you will see that most of the text there is still machine translated. I use that version as a base for my translation.

There was actually a very good translation for the 1.0.1 version. I have that one too, but 1.4.1 has like 20 times more texts in it than 1.0.1 had. So I can use a little from there, but most of the text has to be translated the normal way.

Here is another short one:

Spoiler

interactions.rpy
273 Пока оставлю. Пригодицца.

Ahoy, I see another person came to the rescue! Nice one, adroit - forgot there was even such a word. But that goes for a lot in english.

Haven't had the time to actually check the game for myself yet. :frown:

Will dl the game when I get some more free time.

Spoiler

754 резко щёлкает зубами перед лицом пленницы. К сожалению, как ещё можно использовать свои роскошные клыки - он не знает.

754 snapping a jaw before the captive's face. With a sense of pity, He couldn't think of a more eloquent way to use his glorious fangs.

Spoiler

761 Зубки у дракона весьма невпечатляющие. Да если бы и было наоборот - как их использовать на голове?! 

761 The dragon teeth were not the most impressive sight. And even if they were, what other uses there would be? ("how to use them on the head" (literal translations, /facedesk)

988 настолько чудовищен, что способен довести пленницу до нервного срыва одним внешним видом. Но пугать лучше, глядя в глаза...

988 so horrendous, his sight alone would drive a captive mad. But an eye contact though, would do a better job... (some lay way there, I can't think of a more fitting translation without more subtext) :\

Spoiler

995 не настолько настолько чудовищен, чтобы доводить пленниц до нервного срыва одним внешним видом. К тому же пугать лучше, глядя в глаза...

995 not so horrible as to drive a captive mad with his appearance. Although, terrifying someone always worked better with an eye to an eye contact.

Spoiler

1353 Громовой рёв дракона способен раскалывать камни. Вот только рычать лучше в уши..

1353 Dragon's thundering roar was capable of shattering rocks. Except growling was easier for ears.

I have to add that reading these made me snort not once or twice, but every sentence. I admire whenever someone writes and love to read but com'n. "But growling better in ears..." or "Best to scare / terrify while looking in the eyes..." That doesn't work very well in russian either imo.

Spoiler

273 Пока оставлю. Пригодицца.

273 Will leave for now. Ussseful. (unless the typo was intentional, then it should be just "Useful")

8 hours ago, Akmed said:

Ahoy, I see another person came to the rescue! Nice one, adroit - forgot there was even such a word. But that goes for a lot in english.

Hello Akmed,

thanks for the help. I made a few bad guesses with these and your translation cleared things up (for example the "use them on the head" :smile: ). I'll modify my version. Appreciated!

Update: I included most of the lines in the file now (made some changes with some). The 1353 growling I left out when I first got there, because it did not make sense. It still doesn't. :smile:  I'm quite clueless what the author wanted to communicate here. ... Hm, I think I may have an idea. Based on the variable names, I think this is a tooltip when the player wants to use the dragon's voice on the victim's pussy. It does not make sense, so that's the hint to use it on her ear instead.

I usually have a good tempo when fixing the text, but lines like this can stop me for a long time. :confused:

On 4/28/2018 at 10:26 AM, Akmed said:

I can imagine it now, I was stumped myself for a bit there.

I reached some really bad machine translation segment again. Could you give me some idea what this line is about?

texts.rpy
276 Альва беспечно шла по Зачарованному лесу. После столкновений с Тёмной Госпожой дети богинии Дану закрыли свои леса завесой морока и сна. Зло не пройдёт под сень священный древ...

284 После тяжёлого трудового дня крестьянка возвращается домой. Страда - период особый, все работают. (the 1st sentence is clear, just left here for context) На месте ребёнка не казалось. И не на месте - тоже. Крестьяне так и не узнали, что дитя пошло в котёл к обосновавшемуся в округе крокку. \n\n Это лишь одно из многих злодеяний, совершённых крокком...

Also a question: is krokk (krokka, krokkom) some kind of russian folk monster? Like baba yaga for example. I couldn't find anything about it and it is a monster in the game.

Thanks in advance,

M

17 minutes ago, Jimjet123 said:

there's already a translated version 1.01, why don't you guys worked on that one and add on it?

Because 1.0.1 practically has no texts compared to 1.4.1 For examle the "events" directory has 4 files in 1.0.1 and they are 10 KB, combined. The 1.4.1 has 7 files there, with a combined lenght of 605 KB. Almost all the content got into the game after 1.0.1.

Spoiler

276 Альва беспечно шла по Зачарованному лесу. После столкновений с Тёмной Госпожой дети богинии Дану закрыли свои леса завесой морока и сна. Зло не пройдёт под сень священный древ...

278 Alva nonchalantly strolled through Enchanted forest. After a clash with the Dark Lady, children of the goddess Danu shrouded their forest with a veil of murk and trance. Evil have no place under the shadow of holy trees. (Evil won't pass under the shadow of holy trees. - literal translation, but I guess you already know it xD)

Морок - is basically a fancy word for a dark spell, such as voodoo. 

Spoiler

284 После тяжёлого трудового дня крестьянка возвращается домой. Страда - период особый, все работают. (the 1st sentence is clear, just left here for context) На месте ребёнка не казалось. И не на месте - тоже. Крестьяне так и не узнали, что дитя пошло в котёл к обосновавшемуся в округе крокку. \n\n Это лишь одно из многих злодеяний, совершённых крокком...

284 After hard day at work, a peasant girl was returning home. Strada is a special time, everyone was required to work during it's period. The child wasn't at his place. Nor anywhere else. Peasants has never learned of the kid leaving for the pit that appeared by krokks settled in the area. It was just one krokkom evildoing's of the many.

As You might have noticed, I suck at grammar part. Always intended to pick up some english text book for basic classes but was cba. Now I am regretful of my past decisions. Anyhoo, the Krokk is a made up word with no meaning, it doesn't appear in our folklore unless their description is somewhat fitting a goblin - small, nasty and living in someone's house.

1 hour ago, Akmed said:
  Reveal hidden contents

284 After hard day at work, a peasant girl was returning home. Strada is a special time, everyone was required to work during it's period. The child wasn't at his place. Nor anywhere else. Peasants has never learned of the kid leaving for the pit that appeared by krokks settled in the area. It was just one krokkom evildoing's of the many.

As You might have noticed, I suck at grammar part. Always intended to pick up some english text book for basic classes but was cba. Now I am regretful of my past decisions. Anyhoo, the Krokk is a made up word with no meaning, it doesn't appear in our folklore unless their description is somewhat fitting a goblin - small, nasty and living in someone's house.

Thanks again, these are really helpful. Don't worry about the grammar, just watch a lot of movies in English, read English novels, etc and it will come.

According to some other krokk related texts, it is a humanoid creature. It uses evil magic, but weak in physical combat. There is another creature in the game which uses similar texts, the Kobold.

I wrote this: "But the child is not inside the house. And she can\'t find him anywhere else, he is gone... The peasants didn\'t know that the child fell right into a sinister pit, conjured by the krokk."

That sound pretty good aye. And I am already doing all of the above, grammar still doesn't come my way.

On the other hand I wanted to actually correct - Morok, is actually an illusion in russian. And porcha (порча), is a spell to worsen someone's well-being.

Just to be more specific.

8 hours ago, Akmed said:

That sound pretty good aye. And I am already doing all of the above, grammar still doesn't come my way.

On the other hand I wanted to actually correct - Morok, is actually an illusion in russian. And porcha (порча), is a spell to worsen someone's well-being.

Just to be more specific.

Thanks, that fits the text better: "After the war with the Dark Lady, the children of Danu shrouded their forests in a magical veil of illusion and confusion."

I'm not sure yet if it is a good idea or not, but I added a Russian text section to the original post. There are 2 short ones in it atm.

I may move it to the What's new section so you don't get multiple notifications about the updates.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:17 PM, Akmed said:

It's cool either way just drop me a link, otherwise I might miss it. Even this topic I've found by accident and already am happy with whatever I could help with.

Hello Akmed, I added 2 more lines to the list. If you have time, please check them. You can find them in the 1st post of the thread.

Thanks,

M

My ISP is blocking loverslab now, fml. And then I couldn't figure out where you put the update; Me, dumb? Me, Smash! - pretty much what was happening for some time.

Anyway, onward to translations:

Spoiler

texts.rpy
287 Тёмное, запретное колдовство навлекло на округу мор, глад и хлад.

287 Dark, forbidden magic spread disease, famine and frost.

Spoiler

plains.rpy
118 Да, я там шороху навёл в своё время, но теперь уж никак не вернуться. Туманы не пускают.

118 Yeah, back in the day I've had my share of fun Now, I can no longer come back. The mists won't let me.

('шорох' as you you probably seen is a 'rustle', but depending on the sentence it literally adds nothing and serves as a term of boasting to the phrase 'back in my day' so place whatever works there).

Spoiler

691 Посёлок разорён. Вроде, всё... а, нет, не всё. [game.dragon.name] замечает девушку, придавленную гигантским бревном. Бедняжка тщетно пытается вылезти. Тяжёлая бандура опускается волосок за волоском, сдавливая девичье тело. Дракон принюхивается (девственница!) и одним движением откидывает бревно.

691 The village was in ruin. Or so it seemed at first. (Вроде is maybe) [Le_dragon] notices a stuck girl underneath the heavy tree. The poor thing futilely tries to wiggle herself from beneath it. The heavy wood was slowly crushing (descending by a hair wide) the tender female form. Dragon gave her a sniff, a virgin! And with a single swipe threw the log to the side.

('бандура' is a substitute word for 'a Thing', an inanimate and large object usually reserved for when you can't describe something clearly. We've also got 'штука' - another 'thing', mostly used for smaller inanimate objects. Both words are mostly meaningless language parasites (imo) and can be used in a variety of contexts. Like when you are describing something 'The thing is-' 'Штука в чём')

Spoiler

744 Дракон нарывается на отряд тяжелой кавалерии. Раз уж в деревенские патрули стали посылать рыцарей, люди, видимо, запуганы в край.

744 Dragon suddenly stumbled upon a heavy set of riders. If the villages patrol started sending knights, the people it seemed, were on the last of their ropes.

(scared to their 'borderlines' - 'край'; or - borderline scared)

21 minutes ago, Akmed said:

My ISP is blocking loverslab now, fml. And then I couldn't figure out where you put the update; Me, dumb? Me, Smash! - pretty much what was happening for some time.

Hello Akmed,

thanks for the translations. I don't have time to put them in the files today, but definitely will upload an update tomorrow.

I hope you can go around your ISP block! :smile:

Thanks,

M

On 5/4/2018 at 11:46 AM, Akmed said:

Thank you Monsta88. I've already signed on with another company. They should be coming around soon'ish. : )

Glad to hear!

I added your lines to the files. I changed some, for example " heavy set of riders " became "heavy cavalry".

I totally missed the part with the hair in 691. I thought her hair somehow got stuck, but it didn't fit to the other texts.

I added a few more lines, where your expertise is welcomed! :smile: