IGNORED

[ Block Head] On Going Tutorial

On 4/2/2018 at 7:02 AM, sunhawken said:

In my layout is the reason why it would edit the player character only.  Blockhead needs a updated read me.....

First I thoungt you say "You should edit only the player" ( A problem with NPCs? ) and the Blockhead readme needs a update.

I was confused because I have many NPCs with Blockhead meshes and textures and it works fine.

But You uploaded rar is only a player example. :classic_smile:

Yes the Blockhead readme is ...like a foreign language.

But in you file is no read me ! And the meshes and textures are only a  female example. ( but you have the male ear meshes and textures in you file. )

Maybe a readme ? Males only need the foot.dds if you use Roberts male .

Which files you should overwrite with your favorite body and textures.

EDIT: If I understand the Blockhead readme right the Player and NPC animations are all in the SpecialAnims folder, not in the _male folder. In your folders you have the kf files ( with same names) in both folders. The kf files in the _male folder can be deleted.
Blockhead readme:
Spoiler

NPC animations can be overridden on a per-NPC/per-Race basis too. Animation overrides are implemented as special animations internally. All animation files need to be placed in the following directory: Meshes\Characters\_Male\SpecialAnims.

Here in post 6 is a readme
And in post 7 a Mod/tool to rename kf files for Blockhead

A all in one file would be good.
Your folders, a readme with instructions ( included NPCs) and Blockhead and Tool download Link.

I'm going to have to revise these , These for now is just to get people started , I won't be doing a whole new readme (Just a edited version) till I have everything down solid and these will be focusing more on just the "PerNPC" function.

Notes:  meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerNPC\oblivion.esm

+00000007_hand

+00000007_upperbody

meshes\Characters\HeadAssetOverrides\PerNPC\oblivion.esm  "00000007" is the ID for the player-character. 

+00000007_EarsFemale.egm

+00000007_EarsFemale.egt

But you had not readme and say the Blockhead readme is bad. ( Yes it is )

But the folders without a readme are also confusing for a beginner.  

No information what he needs to change. And no information what is in your folders: body type, BBB aniamtion Mod,....

Add at least some informations and instructions for beginners.
1 hour ago, fejeena said:

But you had not readme and say the Blockhead readme is bad. ( Yes it is )

But the folders without a readme are also confusing for a beginner.  

No information what he needs to change. And no information what is in your folders: body type, BBB aniamtion Mod,....

Add at least some informations and instructions for beginners.

I was just getting a understanding for myself I was just in a rush to get my example out there.

You can use my discriptions and examples  or use the Blockhead readme and replace such lines "    Tier 2 (Per-NPC) – Applied by placing assets (textures/models) in the following folder: <Textures\Meshes>\Characters\<Body\Head>AssetOverrides\PerNPC\<ModFileName.ext>.  " with an example for the player

something like....

For the body:

In the folder

Meshes\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerNPC\Oblivion.esm  you put all the body files you want to change. You must not add all, only the one that should not be the default files.

For the head:

Meshes\Characters\HeadAssetOverrides\PerNPC\Oblivion.esm 

The same for textures:

Textures\Characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerNPC\Oblivion.esm

Textures\Characters\HeadAssetOverrides\PerNPC\Oblivion.esm 

The names you must use, see the files in the folders or see further down.   ( in the Blockhead readme is a list with the names you can use, one of the few clearly understandable parts )

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've recently found this topic and I have a question regarding Blockhead ( I couldn't find any solution or any problem similar to mine anywhere).
I'm trying to get a .kf file from this pose mod for Blockhead to use as an inventory idle override animation. The problem is that it doesn't work although I'm pretty sure I followed the intructions properly and nothing's wrong with my Blockhead. Can any of you who's done it show me how to make it work ? Here's what I do:
    1) Put the desired .kf file in the  ...\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male folder

2) Copy that .kf file name (plus extension ofc)

3) Open Blockhead ini in plugins folder

4) Paste that name into the blank after each animation 

5) Save that ini

Have I done something wrong because now in game, it doesn't show up as intended, instead I get the default idle animation for every weapon now.

If you are in inventory mode you use the idle ani  you are just using.  Can be    bowidle.kf ,   handtohandidle.kf ,  Idle.kf, .....

You replace the  kf in Data\Meshes\Characters\_male  and you don't need Blockhead.  ( Player and NPCs will use the idle , and player use the idle in inventory mode. )

If you want player idle animations you put the kf files in

Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims

And name them BowBlockIdle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf  , HandToHandIdle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf,  Idle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf  , .....

And in the KF files the name nust be idle !!! Not special idle  ( Use NifSkope)

!! Player will use the kf not only in inventory mode !

You need no ini !

13 minutes ago, fejeena said:

If you are in inventory mode you use the idle ani  you are just using.  Can be    bowidle.kf ,   handtohandidle.kf ,  Idle.kf, .....

You replace the  kf in Data\Meshes\Characters\_male  and you don't need Blockhead.  ( Player and NPCs will use the idle , and player use the idle in inventory mode. )

If you want player idle animations you put the kf files in

!! Player will use the kf not only in inventory mode !

You need no ini !

Thanks, I've already known how to name kf files so that Blockhead uses them for Player only. What I'm trying to do is to use a function of Blockhead that I've just recently come across on his page, I included it in the .rar file so you can get a better picture of what I'm trying to do. And, is there any difference in Idle and SpecialIdle animations ? After reading your reply, I immediately checked Niftskope and I indeed saw it's named SpecialIdle instead of Idle. Like always, thanks for any help you offer, fejeena, you've been helping a lot for the last few days :smile:

This KF file.rar

All the movement kf must have the right name in the kf

Idle must have name Idle

BlockHit.kf = BlockHit

WalkForward.kf = Forward

Special idle are use for ...Special idles. 

In AI packages "use Item At"  or the SeductiveIdles ( There can be the name of the idle  behind the  word specilaIdle:  SpecialIdle_SeductiveIdleA  )

------------------------------------

In your screenshot you cut off the important part .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPC animations can be overridden on a per-NPC/per-Race basis too. Animation overrides are implemented as special animations internally. All animation files need to be placed in the following directory: Meshes\Characters\_Male\SpecialAnims.
  • Per-NPC – Override files must use the following naming convention: <Filename>_BLKD_PERNPC_XXX_00YYYYYY.kf, where XXX – Name of the mod file name + extension, YYYYYY – FormID of the NPC record, without the mod index.
  • Per-Race – Override files must use the following naming convention: <Filename>_BLKD_PERRACE_XXX_Y.kf, where XXX – Name of the race, Y – Gender (M/F).
  • The first part of the filename must follow the same naming convention as the vanilla game’s, e.g., BowIdle_PERRACE_Nord_M.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it should be for the player:

BowIdle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf 

But that replace the Idle ( not only the inventory idle. :classic_sad: )

Blockhead have one of the worst readmes I ever saw. !!!

Inventory...?  Google...shit !

Maybe you add the idle you want in Meshes\Characters\_Male\SpecialAnims. ( Or mybe in Meshes\Characters\_Male\  ??? You can put the kf files in both folders, one must work  :classic_wink: )

Name it Onehandidle_My_Inventory_Idle.kf

And change the INI

[AnimationOverride]
OverridePerNPC=1
OverridePerRace=1
[BodyOverride]
OverrideTexturePerNPC=1
OverrideTexturePerRace=1
OverrideModelPerNPC=1
OverrideModelPerRace=1
[HeadOverride]
OverrideTexturePerNPC=1
OverrideTexturePerRace=1
OverrideModelPerNPC=1
OverrideModelPerRace=1
GenderVariantHairModels=1
GenderVariantHairTextures=1
[InventoryIdleOverride]
Enabled=1
HandToHandIdle=
HandToHandTorchIdle=
OneHandIdle= Onehandidle_My_Inventory_Idle.kf
OneHandTorchIdle=
TwoHandIdle=
StaffIdle=
BowIdle=
[RaceMenuPoser]
Enabled=1
MovementSpeed=1.500000
RotationSpeed=2.000000

Do it with all Idle you want to replace

30 minutes ago, fejeena said:

All the movement kf must have the right name in the kf

Idle must have name Idle

I've done all of these above, still no result. fejeena, I'm wondering, can I change a SpecialIdle into a Idle ? In the file I included above, that .kf file turns out to be a SpecialIdle and I've read his page, SpecialIdle is not supported. That's why when I used that animation to override, it didn't work. So if I can turn that file from specialIdle  into Idle it should work right ? Can that be done in Nifskope because I have next to zero experience in Blender ( next to one in Niftskope :tongue: ).

It works

Is that your KF?

11MM.jpg

I put your kf file in both folders ( _male  and SpecialAnims . But the _male folder is the right one )

[InventoryIdleOverride]
Enabled=1
HandToHandIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
HandToHandTorchIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
OneHandIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
OneHandTorchIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
TwoHandIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
StaffIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
BowIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
[RaceMenuPoser]
Enabled=1
MovementSpeed=1.500000
RotationSpeed=2.000000

In the menu mode I have the new idle...

But also if I have no weapon ( not in menu) With weapon (bow, one hand, ...) all fine, also if in Hand to hand idle.

It somehow replace the idle.kf

Fuck readme !!!!

There are 8 available overrides, from which one is automatically selected by the engine depending upon the player character’s equipped weapon. The override values in the INI file should be set to the filename+extension of a valid KF file placed inside the Meshes\Characters\_Male directory.

8 available overrides ? Should I only choose one ???

A readme for such a mod, without examples, is an impudence!

And the KF. I changed the KF with NifSkope. From specialIdle to Idle  ( The "NiControllerSequence"  name )

43 minutes ago, fejeena said:

It works

Is that your KF?

11MM.jpg

I put your kf file in both folders ( _male  and SpecialAnims . But the _male folder is the right one )

[InventoryIdleOverride]
Enabled=1
HandToHandIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
HandToHandTorchIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
OneHandIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
OneHandTorchIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
TwoHandIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
StaffIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
BowIdle=NaraePose_27S.kf
[RaceMenuPoser]
Enabled=1
MovementSpeed=1.500000
RotationSpeed=2.000000

In the menu mode I have the new idle...

But also if I have no weapon ( not in menu) With weapon (bow, one hand, ...) all fine, also if in Hand to hand idle.

It somehow replace the idle.kf

Fuck readme !!!!

There are 8 available overrides, from which one is automatically selected by the engine depending upon the player character’s equipped weapon. The override values in the INI file should be set to the filename+extension of a valid KF file placed inside the Meshes\Characters\_Male directory.

8 available overrides ? Should I only choose one ???

A readme for such a mod, without examples, is an impudence!

And the KF. I changed the KF with NifSkope. From specialIdle to Idle  ( The "NiControllerSequence"  name )

Woohooo yeah, you make it right, in the pose mod, there's supposed to be a jar of  *ahem* "white substance" on the PC's hands but that's the best we've got. Damn, I'm literally crying, tears of happiness, ofc. You don't know how many times I've been opening and closing Oblivion just to find the pose ( I can't preview KF files in Niftskope for some reason) and I thought Blockhead was the problem because it didn't show up *sob* *sob*. Yeah so as long as I change the value from SpecialIdle to Idle in niftscope I should be okay, right ? Thank you !!! Kudos for you !!!

About the ini, from what I understand, if you paste NaraePose_27S for every animation, the player will also raise her arms straight forward like that for those weapons too, instead of their default idle animations.

Sunhawken I found a bug in your folder structure. A missing folder.

Your HeadAssetOverrides is

meshes\characters\HeadAssetOverrides\oblivion.esm  and inside the player files.

Must be

meshes\characters\HeadAssetOverrides\PerNPC\oblivion.esm 

On 5/5/2018 at 2:03 PM, fejeena said:

Sunhawken I found a bug in your folder structure. A missing folder.

Your HeadAssetOverrides is

meshes\characters\HeadAssetOverrides\oblivion.esm  and inside the player files.

Must be

meshes\characters\HeadAssetOverrides\PerNPC\oblivion.esm 

updated

• 3 weeks later...

And what, in general, it Block Head  does. I ask, because, the author writes in ridmi some ravings of a madman

or is this a joke from the author? In general, can someone just explain the points by points?

Don't know what the Blockhead OBSE plugin can do in Mods ( Set body, Auto set body,  Monstergirls, Mesh Extended Swap System, hiyoko generator geneforge, OCO, ...)

This page is only about the overwrite function.

You can add meshes, textures and animations to Player and NPCs.

With SetBody self spell and targed spell you was able to have unique bodies.

With Blockhead overwrite you can have unique body  AND head, ears, eyes,....

And you can add textures.

If  you want to play a Imperial with a Tattoo you can add a tattoo texture only you or one NPC use, but no other Imperial.

Or you want a head mesh with only one eye ( yes such a mesh exists ), maybe a Bandit Boss with one eye.. Then you add the mesh to the NPC. And he can also use a head texture with a big scar.

And you can also add meshes and textures to races ( male and female), so all male orcs can have Roberts bodybuilder body and and all Wood elfs use Robers Slender.

The new OCO use Blockhead to add male and female head textures ( In vanilla Oblivion male and female share a head texture, that's often shit because the male and female body textures for one race have not always the exactly the same color )

And the same you can do with animations. You can add sexy walk to your player or some Hookers girls in  Mods. ( replace all animations is a lot of work because you must rename all KF files, the must start with the ID of the NPC . But for only sexy walk or a NPC should use the karate hand to hand animations it is fine. )

Slaves can have thin bodies, a texture with branding, and a sluggish / tired walk animation, while the guard next to them is of the same race but with default texture and animation but with more muscular body than the average people of the race.

That's all, a overwrite system.
But to find out, it took me more than a year, because the blockhead readme is.... (I got a blockhead)
Only with Google and read other post here at LL I found out what blockhead can do , and I was able to understand the readme.

See also post 2, there is a Link to page with some examples.
5 hours ago, fejeena said:

This page is only about the overwrite function.

You can add meshes, textures and animations to Player and NPCs.

See also post 2, there is a Link to page with some examples.

Hmm. interesting Thank you.

• 4 months later...

I never noticed it , so I tested it. With per NPC and per race.

You are right it does not work.

And I am sure it can never work.

The problem are the  two _ in the name.

Like  textures with  name like shirt_blue.dds can not have a normal map with name shirt_blue_n.dds . The game can not read it. after the _ must be a n (normal map) or a g  (glow map), so  the name must be shirt_n.dds OR you rename the textures to shirtBlue.dds then the normal map can be shirtBlue_n.dds.

That's why in Blockhead the texture 00005510_foot.dds works, only one _ in the name.  But the 00005510_foot_n.dds the game can not read.

Conclusion: Blockhead can not change Normal maps.

Surprising that this error nobody noticed in all the years. The people install high resolution textures and seamless fix.... but in OCO2 they have wrong normal maps for the new head textures.  ( I don't use OCO2 but I am sure the normal maps will not work if OCO use the same system to add textures )
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I just started fiddling around with Blockhead an am a little stumped...

So far I'm trying to have Flan's Natural Race have their own specific body

Male = Robert's Scrawny

Female = GigabiteFemboy

The Male meshes work, but the Female meshes don't. I don't have any problems with Textures showing up.

Here's how I structured the folder:

meshes\characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerRace\F

And the files are named:

-Natural Skin - Light_femaleupperbody.nif

-Natural Skin - Light_femalelowerbody.nif

-Natural Skin - Light_femalehand.nif

-Natural Skin - Light_femalefoot.nif

I've tried swapping it with the Breton Race, and it still doesn't show. What seems to be the problem?

Also, is it possible to use Blockhead for combat animation overrides?

That's right meshes\characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerRace\F

But are you sure the name is right?

-Natural Skin - Light   ???

The name of the race is

-Natural Skin - Light  ????   The name starts with a -   ??

Name is :   Natural Skin - Light

And you can not use female in the name!!!!!

The names must be

Natural Skin - Light_upperbody.nif 

Natural Skin - Light_lowerbody.nif

Natural Skin - Light_hand.nif

Natural Skin - Light_foot.nif

8 hours ago, fejeena said:

That's right meshes\characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerRace\F

But are you sure the name is right?

-Natural Skin - Light   ???

The name of the race is

-Natural Skin - Light  ????   The name starts with a -   ??

Name is :   Natural Skin - Light

And you can not use female in the name!!!!!

The names must be

Natural Skin - Light_upperbody.nif 

Natural Skin - Light_lowerbody.nif

Natural Skin - Light_hand.nif

Natural Skin - Light_foot.nif

Worked perfectly when I removed the female, thank you!

Sorry about that, the filename doesn't have a "-", I just got used to doing that instead of using bullets when I type. :D

Regarding my animation question, is it possible to have a race have their own specific animation using Blockhead? I tried what was written on the Blockhead readme, but the only thing that worked among the animations I've renamed was the idle (non-combat). I've resorted to using CCAO's mod, but have had problems with it especially with power attack replacers.

Yes animations are possible.

See the example file in post 1

You put the kf files you want in the SpecialAnims folder ( meshes\characters\_male\SpecialAnims )

and name the files for the player

e.g.  a WalkForward.kf file to

WalkForward_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf

or onehandattackleft.kf

onehandattackleft_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf

or twohandattackforwardpower.kf

twohandattackforwardpower_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf