Devious Content Help

Greetings all, 

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but the Sexlab exclusive technical problem area didn't really fit my critea I'd say, or at least I think  it's not Sexlab.

Anywho, I rarely need help in my modding adventure's, I've been modding my game for a while now and I don't come across many issues with mods, or if I DO, I can fix 

the issues relatively easily, or through tedious procedures. Okay onto topic.  I have an issue with anything involving Slavery (SD,Cursed Loot, Deviously Enslaved) but nothing else it seems.

I have everything installed, right versions, load order (from what I see and know) and the game itself does not crash, however it just... doesn't load. I remember having older versions of SD and cursed loot working to an extent, and I had went to update them and ever since DD 4.00 on Intergration and Expansion it has not. SD+ Loads and has a MCM menu, but the version says "Version 0" and it never works nor does anything. Normally it installs as soon as a new game is started, however it does no do that either, I hit install on the MCM (which I'm fairly certain you don't need to anymore) and the MCM itself is missing menus from what the Author has said on what has been added, and basically, doesn't work. Cursed loot, same issue, except it doesn't even have an MCM. 

I'm thinking it's perhaps a mod in my load order, because I'm using NMM, or because of the sheer quantity of mods (least likely imo) or if perhaps i need to clean my files, I'm not sure. If someone could give me a hand, that would be perfect and quite appreciated.

Mod list in pictures because, I'm clueless on how to copy them and put them into text besides manually and that's alot of effort.

- Thanks, Mr Can.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

final.jpg

When you say it doesn't load, the game itself works fine, but only SD+ and Cursed Loot seem to be missing an MCM menu or have an incomplete one?

Did the old mods still work or were they bugged out as well?
You did use a completely new game right?

Looking at your mod order, it seems to be not well organized. What tool do you use to order it, if any. If you don't use a tool to order your Mod Order, i would recommend downloading one.

10 hours ago, Estorio said:

When you say it doesn't load, the game itself works fine, but only SD+ and Cursed Loot seem to be missing an MCM menu or have an incomplete one?

Did the old mods still work or were they bugged out as well?
You did use a completely new game right?

Looking at your mod order, it seems to be not well organized. What tool do you use to order it, if any. If you don't use a tool to order your Mod Order, i would recommend downloading one.

I use LOOT, however LOOT moves around Better Vampires and Requiem  so I have to manually move things in order to get it to work. 

I've tried starting multiple new games, and the common factor is that: SD+ HAS an MCM menu, however it says "Version 0" at the top and im 88% it doesn't say that normally, and I have to click "install SD" in the mcm, once thats done, it says SD+ is installing, and then one second later it says complete, however it just never works. I thought it did and tried a playthrough with simple slavery and once I was sold to someone through SD+ they would just act as my friend and I could recruit them as a companion. 

Cursed Loot just doesn't seem to work at all in my game. It has no MCM, and no indication that it's installed, and both SD and Cursed Loot are the new versions.

Old versions did work to an extent, SD+ has always been a bit buggy for me, but it was to be expected, I had some conflicting mods at the time. And I did try Cursed loot once, and I remember the MCM and setting it, it was working perfectly fine.

This all seems to have happened after installing new versions of DD, SD+ and Zaz Animations, however I highly doubt it's Zaz. 

• 2 weeks later...

im no expert and not the most patient person for typing.so i cant go back and forth with texting.i notice you have osa mod,i thought that is not compatible with sexlab? id also try to disable a few mcm menu oriented mods to lighten mcm burden to make sure its not overloaded.if mcm is overloaded,i believe ive read that can cause problems with mcm menus not working right or mods not even apearing.ufo mod could be interfering with simple slavery sd+ is my idea why you can recruit after being sold.that is as long as you went to mcm menu on simple slavery and chose to include sd+ in the mods list for simple slavery to connect with.id also disable forgoten city just in case that mod adds extra factions to the game that dd. mods dont support.  dd. mods only supports zaz 7.0 not zaz 8.0  .  you should rename your mods with version numbers to them to make it easier for incompatabitlities.if you dont have problems with annimations than your probably using correct version. if you are having annimation issues,than check that,and check that osa is sexlab compatable. i had to get finnis xll that came out a few months ago,because i was getting eror ...array out of index 9 ... because original finis didnt have enough annimations. if nothing works,id try mod organizer instead of nexus mod manager. i use mod organizer 1.2.11 ,its an earlier version and slightly glitchy but for some reason i get along with better than the newer ones because it archives the mod info diferently thanthe newer ones.i hope something from this helped,this took me a half hour to poke out because im not fluent in typing

1 hour ago, crplivion said:

im no expert and not the most patient person for typing.so i cant go back and forth with texting.i notice you have osa mod,i thought that is not compatible with sexlab? id also try to disable a few mcm menu oriented mods to lighten mcm burden to make sure its not overloaded.if mcm is overloaded,i believe ive read that can cause problems with mcm menus not working right or mods not even apearing.ufo mod could be interfering with simple slavery sd+ is my idea why you can recruit after being sold.that is as long as you went to mcm menu on simple slavery and chose to include sd+ in the mods list for simple slavery to connect with.id also disable forgoten city just in case that mod adds extra factions to the game that dd. mods dont support.  dd. mods only supports zaz 7.0 not zaz 8.0  .  you should rename your mods with version numbers to them to make it easier for incompatabitlities.if you dont have problems with annimations than your probably using correct version. if you are having annimation issues,than check that,and check that osa is sexlab compatable. i had to get finnis xll that came out a few months ago,because i was getting eror ...array out of index 9 ... because original finis didnt have enough annimations. if nothing works,id try mod organizer instead of nexus mod manager. i use mod organizer 1.2.11 ,its an earlier version and slightly glitchy but for some reason i get along with better than the newer ones because it archives the mod info diferently thanthe newer ones.i hope something from this helped,this took me a half hour to poke out because im not fluent in typing

Thanks man for trying. I never thought about Zaz 8.0 and DD being incompatible. Osa is compatible, It works alright, just lots of lag and I wouldn't recommend it. Animations? I tried putting on devices and using Deviously Helpless and getting raped only equaled in some gay animations > ( I was using a female vs a male btw ) So perhaps. I'll try it out, and I've been reading in posts that you shouldn't have SD+ and Cursed loot together. 

Also I have tried Mod organizer but it was really buggy for me, so I just am kinda used to the simple was NMM works.

That Array out of index 9 error I got too, and i got the FNIS XL extension and it loads, however I think if I have over 11k animations the game CTD so, I try to keep them under 9k.

Cheers for giving me ideas on how to fix, will update if I can fix, also I have changed my load order as of recent.

thats cool to get progress report, so many threads end without the person not returning some sort of update of problem fix or even throwing in the towel lol. after alot of people vested time and interest into the subject. am i understand you right that your playing as male player. if so you might want devious devices for him that came out last july.but i think tere is limitations for that aproach.i play as woman. ok,guess time will tell

9 hours ago, polonius said:

Cursed loot is loaded twice at the end?

MO has a huge 'learning curve' no one ever mentions, but once you figure the damn thing out it works like magic.

Aye loaded twice of  the Live Another life extension.  And yeah, I'd have to learn to use it properly, but I imagine I wouldn't have issues like this. 

9 hours ago, crplivion said:

thats cool to get progress report, so many threads end without the person not returning some sort of update of problem fix or even throwing in the towel lol. after alot of people vested time and interest into the subject. am i understand you right that your playing as male player. if so you might want devious devices for him that came out last july.but i think tere is limitations for that aproach.i play as woman. ok,guess time will tell

Yeah I'll keep updating, I will probably show you guys my new load order. Also. I did try your fixes like going back to Zaz 7.0 and all that, disabled some MCM mods and unnecessary mods or files I didn't need. I again tried stuff out, it seems ANYTHING involving slavery just... doesn't work. Cursed Loot keeps having no MCM, Deviously Enslaved no MCM. Cursed loot comes with a Live another life option to start as a captured princess, and I chose it and it just... makes you naked in your  Live another life cell. I'm actually so confused, why only a certain type of mod does this. Perhaps it's requiem and faction sort've things? I'll post my new load order, and I'll attempt to have Requiem DD patches.

Alright, so I've again tried with Requiem and DD patches, and install order ( I THINK ) is better. I have't tried SD+ Again. I'm gonna try to get JUST Cursed Loot to work. Anyway, I think I've made some progress, some features appear to be in my game but don't work fully. I was talking to a Male and he wanted to Rape me from the cursed loot dialogue and I was going to let him to test, and nothing happened, and its buggy because EVERY male wants to rape me despite just getting there. and no animation plays, and still NO MCM menu. I'm gonna assume it's load order this time. 

New load order below. I also did something the Cursed Loot author suggested, like Disabling XPMSE Plugin, and the Estrus Plugin. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

i remeber reading that cursed loot needs to be as low in load order as possible.so id move that down than run finnis after doing so for the hell of it.i also suggest redownloading it in different manner to your original. meaning that if you had nexus mod manager install it,id say manualy download it to your desktop than add it yourself to nexus mod manager. but try moving cursed loot first.

Cursed Loot can be most anywhere in the load order, it is about midway down in mine with no issues when I was using it.

Did you start new games when you updated? DDv4 requires a new game and likely updating Cursed Loot and SD for it would also be necessary due to the changes made in DDv4.

If you did start a new game then I would suggest posting a papyrus log (the file itself please) as it may shed some light at what is going on.

I don't claim to be the expert that Veladrius (any many of the others on this thread) is. However, some of what you describe sounds familiar to me from problems I had. So I have to ask, is that the standard, old version of More Nasty Critters in your load order? If it is you might find some (or all) of you problems resolved by changing to the SLAL version.

First thing I'd do there would be to ditch Requiem. Anything which requires that many patches (there are at least 40) cannot be good for stability. There are other mods which do what Requiem does.

Also you are very close to plug-in  max. Removing Requiem and its army of patches would help there too.

You also appear to be using individual ETaC components. Go for the complete version.

10 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Cursed Loot can be most anywhere in the load order, it is about midway down in mine with no issues when I was using it.

Did you start new games when you updated? DDv4 requires a new game and likely updating Cursed Loot and SD for it would also be necessary due to the changes made in DDv4.

If you did start a new game then I would suggest posting a papyrus log (the file itself please) as it may shed some light at what is going on.

I do indeed have DDv4 installed, I always make a new game with updates of that size. I should probably post the logs yeah.  

9 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

First thing I'd do there would be to ditch Requiem. Anything which requires that many patches (there are at least 40) cannot be good for stability. There are other mods which do what Requiem does.

Also you are very close to plug-in  max. Removing Requiem and its army of patches would help there too.

You also appear to be using individual ETaC components. Go for the complete version.

I would agree in most circumstances, HOWEVER, I have had SD+ Working in the past with Requiem 1.8. Thats when I had no patches, so the game should've been less stable. Requeim does not require said patches, but It just implments or fixes bugs between two mods, like DD and Requiem or Estrus Char and their patch for Requiem enables the new Spit % to get raped. 

9 hours ago, Psalam said:

I don't claim to be the expert that Veladrius (any many of the others on this thread) is. However, some of what you describe sounds familiar to me from problems I had. So I have to ask, is that the standard, old version of More Nasty Critters in your load order? If it is you might find some (or all) of you problems resolved by changing to the SLAL version.

I do indeed have the SLAL version of More Nasty Critters. I had the old one for a while, and it worked decently with SD+. Keep in mind I do not really have any Experience with Cursed Loot, as I preferred SD+. 

4 minutes ago, Infamouscan said:

I would agree in most circumstances, HOWEVER, I have had SD+ Working in the past with Requiem 1.8. Thats when I had no patches, so the game should've been less stable. Requeim does not require said patches, but It just implments or fixes bugs between two mods, like DD and Requiem or Estrus Char and their patch for Requiem enables the new Spit % to get raped. 

Understood but I was thinking along the lines of 'less is better'. Your mod manger and the Skyrim engine still has to process/monitor those 40-odd patches and you are close to the 255 plug-in cap.

17 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Understood but I was thinking along the lines of 'less is better'. Your mod manger and the Skyrim engine still has to process/monitor those 40-odd patches and you are close to the 255 plug-in cap.

Yeah. I was thinking of just doing Requiem and Sexlab, remove plugins and all that. Less is generally better, I'd say.

2 hours ago, Infamouscan said:

My Papyrus Logs. 

Papyrus.0.log 

Looks like a lot of missing property errors and such from Cursed Loot is the bulk of it then there are a number of errors from some other mods saying that something is the incorrect object type. Either DCUR was removed or updated for DD v4 and a new game not started.

57 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Looks like a lot of missing property errors and such from Cursed Loot is the bulk of it then there are a number of errors from some other mods saying that something is the incorrect object type. Either DCUR was removed or updated for DD v4 and a new game not started.

Odd. I'm not sure entire how to fix this... should I reinstall Cursed Loot, (NMM install btw) and start a new game?

1 hour ago, Infamouscan said:

Odd. I'm not sure entire how to fix this... should I reinstall Cursed Loot, (NMM install btw) and start a new game?

Try starting a new game and that should clear those errors up. The properties from mod scripts are part of the save game and don't get removed from a current game when you uninstall a mod. Normally these do not have much of an impact on a game but on occasion it may have a script that is left running or has altered the script on something that is not exclusive to the mod and can cause issues.

17 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Try starting a new game and that should clear those errors up. The properties from mod scripts are part of the save game and don't get removed from a current game when you uninstall a mod. Normally these do not have much of an impact on a game but on occasion it may have a script that is left running or has altered the script on something that is not exclusive to the mod and can cause issues.

Alright, I'll start a new game and we'll see how the logs look.

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

New game logs.  

Papyrus.1.log

Archived