More Nasty Critters Special/Anniversary Edition

7 hours ago, J the Hog said:

Would it be ok to upload, like here in the comments section, the file with the correct header for people that don't actually know how to do it?

And is that actually necessary? I know Bethesda told us to do that, but from what I read, it's more like...optional.

8 hours ago, J the Hog said:

Would it be ok to upload, like here in the comments section, the file with the correct header for people that don't actually know how to do it?

it's not needed, good mods are good and buggy mods are still buggy, the header changes nothing.

8 hours ago, J the Hog said:

53 minutes ago, Tiress said:

And is that actually necessary? I know Bethesda told us to do that, but from what I read, it's more like...optional.

@Tiress : it wasn't Beth, that told us that. Beth said it is no problem...

The People who told us that, said it is a good practice, because mods with certain entries may cause problems on the long run...

Some other People turned this 'good practice' into a 'must have been done'....

And some ppl heard about the header from ppl that heard about that from other ppl who have a frind, that had uncle whos best frinds son had a mod with the wrong header and he screwed up his game because he had 500 mods installed and on level 457 some scripts from another mod break.

I found my own solution after porting a lot of mods for private use or for releasing them here: 

With simply resaving the esp the job is not done.

If you have a mod that isn't in development and you have tested it with the old esp for a while without problems, you can resave it, check it for errors and test it again for the same time and see if it works as it has before. In the case of MNC or HCOS you will never get out of testing and you will never be up to date.

Resaving will not make a good mod better, but it can make a bad mod even worse. 

@J the Hog  I had this discussion too often: I will not stop you from doing it, as long as you do the support for it and keep it up to date.

39 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

The People who told us that, said it is a good practice, because mods with certain entries may cause problems on the long run...

And some ppl heard about the header from ppl that heard about that from other ppl who have a frind, that had uncle whos best frinds son had a mod with the wrong header and he screwed up his game because he had 500 mods installed and on level 457 some scripts from another mod break.

Ah, I'd bet it was from Beth originaly, but perhaps I misunderstood the source. Thank you for letting me know, time to get to know more about it. :)

16 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

it's not needed, good mods are good and buggy mods are still buggy, the header changes nothing.

16 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I found my own solution after porting a lot of mods for private use or for releasing them here: 

With simply resaving the esp the job is not done.

If you have a mod that isn't in development and you have tested it with the old esp for a while without problems, you can resave it, check it for errors and test it again for the same time and see if it works as it has before. In the case of MNC or HCOS you will never get out of testing and you will never be up to date.

Resaving will not make a good mod better, but it can make a bad mod even worse. 

@J the Hog  I had this discussion too often: I will not stop you from doing it, as long as you do the support for it and keep it up to date.

This makes things better, thank you for the replies. I personally like to resave them, like I like to unpack the bsa's. For as long I am active at the community I'll keep it updated.

MNC 11.4A - 44(esp only).7z

I had major issues installing 11.4A over 11.4 for some reason, I had to rebuild my mod install over again (i'm not entirely sure WHY, there may have been other factors as well).    So I'm back to 11.4, are you aware that 11.4A is packing a SKSE plugin that it can't load?   

(My SkyrimSE was in a very odd state, it would CTD when loading a save game OR starting a new one; right at the point where the screen goes black after showing a load screen and your level.    I ended up copying the profile in the mod manager, disabling them all, purging DATA of anything not vanilla and just added stuff back in gradually.)

(I really with Bethesda would log something useful when it is crashing to desktop [since Windows doesn't show an application error; they're handling the exception just not doing any notifications.)

So I have seen your post saying that Mod Organizer, or mod managers in general, never work with your content. Is there really no way to get them to work together? I hadn't seen the post till after I had spent HOURS trying to get everything to work properly, and now the problem keeping it from functioning seems to be skeletons. Everything around the map is T-Posed, or this weird amalgam of red and white boxes in the case of non-humanoids, and they stay stationary. If there is no way I'll probably spend another day attempting it manual, but I just wanted to check.

2 hours ago, AWildMagikarp said:

So I have seen your post saying that Mod Organizer, or mod managers in general, never work with your content. Is there really no way to get them to work together? I hadn't seen the post till after I had spent HOURS trying to get everything to work properly, and now the problem keeping it from functioning seems to be skeletons. Everything around the map is T-Posed, or this weird amalgam of red and white boxes in the case of non-humanoids, and they stay stationary. If there is no way I'll probably spend another day attempting it manual, but I just wanted to check.

For SE you need either ModOrganizer2 or Vortex.  Not sure if by ModOragnizer you meant the old one or MO2.  I use MO2 with both Skyrim SE and FO4 and have had no issues with any mod installed through MO2, including this one.  The STEP guide linked in my sig was invaluable for setting up MO (and MO2) working properly, particularly with FNIS, WryeBash (for the BashedPatch), SSEEdit, and even the CK.

I haven't used Vortex so I can't really comment on it, but I did use NMM initially for FO4 and it worked fine there.  When I started playing SSE, I switched back to using MO2 (used original MO with SkyrimLE for a couple years).

51 minutes ago, TruthseekerD said:

i have updated skse64 and skyrim

Did you also update JC?

The other updates by Beth didn't cause that much trouble than the last two.... It makes me a little nervous. Even if I didn't have any problems here it seems like they are wrecking up things more than I expected. 

2 hours ago, TruthseekerD said:

i have updated skse64 and skyrim

I know I'm in a minority using Wrye Bash for mods, but if you do, make sure to tick has extra directories or it won't install the json files in SLAnims. It might be an idea to check anyway that they are actually being installed in data/SLAnims/json.

10 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Did you also update JC?

The other updates by Beth didn't cause that much trouble than the last two.... It makes me a little nervous. Even if I didn't have any problems here it seems like they are wrecking up things more than I expected. 

I just did and it works now thank you.