[WIP] Break Undies Framework

JosefGrey

Alpha Release V0.02

Latest update: October 2

In this update:

DAF BU Scripts v0.02

DAF BU - Amiella v0.02

DAF BU - MAK07 Remodeled Armors v0.01 (Imperial Light Armor only)

Looking for someone who knows Scaleform/Actionscript for editing the UI

I'm not certain about the mechanics of the UI, but I was wondering if someone who knows Flash could tell me if it is possible to add a new UI bar in for the "durability" of the equipped armor that this mod adds. Currently, the value is based on the number of a certain token in the player's inventory.

=========================

This is an alpha release of my work on a Break Undies Framework for Skyrim. To summarize, it currently consists of scripts (now packaged separately) and two different armor mods. See below for descriptions of each mod, and see attached files for downloads/pics.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Giving follower armor while it is equipped on the player will cause follower to not equip the armor model objects (solution in the works).

- A male equipping it will probably crash the game (solution in the works).

- Seams around neck and wrists will occur on this armor set if your character isn't at 100 weight (this is simply because it isn't weight slider compatible).

- I accidentally left the equippable stage objects visible in the inventory (they show as ONE, TWO, THREE, etc. depending on which damage stage your armor is in). These won't be visible in future versions.

Please don't post this elsewhere, as it's going to change a lot as I work on it more (not to mention it's probably pretty buggy right now).

Dynamic Armor Framework (DAF) for Break Undies (BU) Scripts v0.02

This is an alpha version of the scripts for the Break Undies Framework. It's a variant of my Dynamic Armor Framework script that allows for armor models to be swapped out based on actor health. It works for NPCs and the player.

The end goal is to develop the script so that armor durability is separate from actor health, so that it will act more like durability in Oblivion. Once I get to that point I plan on adding methods for repairing armor.

Fixes in this update: The pause between transitions when models are swapped should be significantly less (if not gone entirely). Once the script gets to the point in development where armor durability isn't dependent on actor health the pause should go away completely.

DAF BU - Amiella Set v0.02

This is an alpha release of the Amiella BU armor set I've made. This armor set uses the CBBE BBP body included with Bodyslide so that it can eventually be made Bodyslide-ready (it has no weight slider functionality). Also be aware the ground model for the armor is Glass Armor... this was really just a test for BU functionality, so expect a revision eventually.

To get the armor in game, use the following sequence of commands in the console:

help "Amiella's Outfit"

(this will return a formID for the armor...)

player.additem xxxxxxxx 1

(where xxxxxxxx is the formID returned by the first command)

Fixes in this update: Now works for high elves!

DAF BU - MAK07 Remodeled Armor v0.01

Current armors completed: Imperial Light Armor

This is the first release of my BU compatible MAK07 Remodeled Armor. When done, it will be an extension of my revision to my non-nude versions (found here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16781), and will add a skirt/pants/shorts as well as a bra of sorts for MAK's armor sets that reveal breasts.

It currently only consists of one set (Imperial Light Armor). To get it, get some Imperial Light Armor in game (this acts as a replacer), or add it via console as shown above with the Amiella set.

==================================================

ORIGINAL POST FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE PROJECT

I'm currently working on utilizing my "Dynamic Armor Framework" (or DAF for short) system to make MAK07's Remodeled Armors for CBBEv3 BU compatible. This system will work for making any other armor BU compatible as well, it just takes some work. The DAF design has the following capabilities with regard to BU armors:

- The models are swapped, not just the textures. Obviously, the texture for each NIF file can be different.

- BU armors will work for anyone, player or NPC.

- The damage level is maintained through save/loading, and upon equipping the armor the correct damage level is immediately displayed.

- Conditions for breaking are set in a script attached to the specific armor. This means different armor sets can break on different conditions (if you want to script it).

- Armor can have literally any amount of "break levels", or stages.

- The hardest feature to design was a method for maintaining armor's enchantments and smithing upgrades throughout break stages. This has been accomplished.

The way it works is somewhat complex, so here it goes.

Each armor set has a number of armor objects in the construction set. The first is the armor item itself... the one you interact with in the game world and equip. This object holds the stats, value, weight, etc of the armor, as well as the smithing/enchantment info. When the armor is equipped, this object ALWAYS remains equipped, even when the armor has been broken. The trick is that this object's model is just the nude body.

Each break level that the armor has is represented by another armor object in the construction set (so an armor set that has 5 distinct stages including the fully intact one will have 5 of these objects). If the main armor object's Editor ID in the construction set is (for example) ImperialArmorLight, I've taken to the naming convention of naming these objects ImperialArmorLightDMG1, ImperialArmorLightDMG2, etc. These objects have 0 weight, 0 value, etc, and are hidden from view in the inventory. They use one of the Unnamed equipment slots on the player (the only real downside to this design that I've encountered). The only purpose they hold is to display the correct model for each break level. This means that if your fully intact armor has just been broken to the first damaged stage, the script unequips ImperialLightDMG1 (which holds the intact armor model), and equips ImperialLightArmorDMG2.

That is, in essence, how the DAF system works for BU armors. In addition, I've also made a Dynamic Body Framework that could tentatively be used in conjuction with this. For example, the actor's body may be swapped out for a wounded one, or one shaped differently to accommodate BU armors that might be designed to shape anatomy differently depending on the stage.

This is a long and time consuming project, so I expect it to be "ongoing", but I will try to make a release of an armor set sometime soon to show it off.

post-10250-13597879120551_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597879121495_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597879122117_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597879468433_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597879469273_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597879470035_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597879470851_thumb.jpg

DAF BU Script v0_02.7z

DAF BU - Amiella v0_02.7z

DAF BU - MAK07 Remodeled Armor v0_01.7z

Oh man, I am super-excited for this! I personally use MAK07's skimpy armors because they are certainly the sexiest of all the skimpy armors available thus far. And I was a huge fan of the BU armors for Oblivion! So I really can't wait! Soooo excited!

I do have a question though: So you are both doing the modeling AND the coding? Usually, these are two different people, but if you have the skillset, then kudos to you! So if you are indeed doing the modeling of the armors in different stages, I would just ask that you PLEASE focus on some deformation that looks realistic and changes the mesh in some sensible way. While many of the BU sets from Oblivion did have good looking, believable 'damaged' levels, there were those that were simply just missing pieces of the mesh. It was as if the 'modeler' just loaded the .obj and simply used a 'cut faces' tool to slice parts away, then re-exported the mesh. Those types of conversions always looked half-assed and I would never use them.

So, my hope is that you can make believable-looking broken sets. I do not know the process that other modelers use to modify TES assets, but I believe it always involved Nifskope and Blender. However, if you had a means to work with .obj files and can get me the armor sets in that format, I'd be willing to lend my modeling talents to the cause if that would help.

Either way, super-stoked to see this!

Oh man' date=' I am super-excited for this! I personally use MAK07's skimpy armors because they are certainly the sexiest of all the skimpy armors available thus far. And I was a huge fan of the BU armors for Oblivion! So I really can't wait! Soooo excited!

I do have a question though: So you are both doing the modeling AND the coding? Usually, these are two different people, but if you have the skillset, then kudos to you! So if you are indeed doing the modeling of the armors in different stages, I would just ask that you PLEASE focus on some deformation that looks realistic and changes the mesh in some sensible way. While many of the BU sets from Oblivion did have good looking, believable 'damaged' levels, there were those that were simply just missing pieces of the mesh. It was as if the 'modeler' just loaded the .obj and simply used a 'cut faces' tool to slice parts away, then re-exported the mesh. Those types of conversions always looked half-assed and I would never use them.

So, my hope is that you can make believable-looking broken sets. I do not know the process that other modelers use to modify TES assets, but I believe it always involved Nifskope and Blender. However, if you had a means to work with .obj files and can get me the armor sets in that format, I'd be willing to lend my modeling talents to the cause if that would help.

Either way, super-stoked to see this!

[/quote']

Yeah, I'll be doing both (for now). The code is already done actually, I just need to test it in a playthrough once I make some armor sets (or maybe I'll have you guys test it more :D).

As for making the armor believable, I completely agree. The ones that deform realistically are exponentially more interesting. So, what I'm doing is editing the mesh, the alpha map, and possibly the normal map for every stage. The last thing I want to do is just remove pieces of the armor entirely. I'll post some example screenshots of the one I'm working on later.

EDIT: One thing I could use help with... does anyone know how to create a magic effect/enchantment that will LOWER armor? I want to create some sort of disadvantage for running around with broken armor (reduced armor). Unfortunately it seems there are only armor buff effects in the Creation Kit??

You mentioned something about a magic effect for lowering armor? I'm not a modder so I'm not sure if this is useful at all but the shout "Marked for Death" damages a person's armor. It has a "Damage Armor 25/50/75 pts/sec" effect upon the target. The bug section of uesp also mentions that the shout reduces the armor of followers permanently, making them very weak for the rest of the game. With the console command "getav damageresist" and "restoreactorvalue damageresist " you can get and restore the armor rating of your marked follower.

You mentioned something about a magic effect for lowering armor? I'm not a modder so I'm not sure if this is useful at all but the shout "Marked for Death" damages a person's armor. It has a "Damage Armor 25/50/75 pts/sec" effect upon the target. The bug section of uesp also mentions that the shout reduces the armor of followers permanently' date=' making them very weak for the rest of the game. With the console command "getav damageresist" and "restoreactorvalue damageresist " you can get and restore the armor rating of your marked follower.

[/quote']

Thanks for the tips~. I was actually looking at the Marked For Death spell and effect in the construction set... yet I couldn't figure out *why* it lowered armor as opposed to added to it. In addition, knowing that it messes up followers I'd be hesitant to use it. I can definitely give it a shot though, as the bug may result from it being an 'over time' effect.

I'd hate to have to do it with a script as I'm positive it'd get messy really fast (removing extra armor when loading, etc), so hopefully a surefire solution can be found.

I started work on my own BU version of the Amiella set last night as something I can release to show this off (or at least to gain some interest and maybe some testing help :D). This set should be a crash course in using Bodyslide's feet sliders since the stockings go over feet seams...

Worst case scenario is we have a CBBE conversion of the Amiella set.

I'll probably upload some pictures later.

I started work on my own BU version of the Amiella set last night as something I can release to show this off (or at least to gain some interest and maybe some testing help :D). This set should be a crash course in using Bodyslide's feet sliders since the stockings go over feet seams...

Worst case scenario is we have a CBBE conversion of the Amiella set.

I'll probably upload some pictures later.

please!! upload any screen! :heart:

Anano did a version using SKSE and a ring' date=' the ring equips armor1, when health reaches X amount, the ring equips armor2 which is armor1 but with more parts broken.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23632

Can see it here.

[/quote']

Yup, my system features a lot of improvements though which I will show off with my version :D.

Sorry I didn't upload any screens last night. I figured it'd be better to get more of it done than fool with it :D. The meshes may be done tonight... I think it's 6 break levels at the moment and will be 8 when it's done.

In other news, I've decided that in the interest of getting more BU armors done, I probably won't be adding Bodyslide capabilities myself (not to mention my attempts thus far have come out a bit wonky). That said, I'm making the BU armors around the CBBE BBP Bodyslide mesh and I've made a templtae XML file for Bodyslide that will reflect how I name the mesh objects in the completed NIF, meaning a lot of the work should be done if someone wants to add the Bodyslide capability. I'm guessing someone more experienced with it will get better results than me since I relied entirely on the automatic slider creation script. So, to clarify, I'll be releasing BU Armors with just the CBBE BBP mesh (one weight) in hopes that someone will finish adding the Bodyslide capability. I'll release the XML template with the first BU armor.

Screens! I hid the stockings and boots since I haven't done anything mesh-wise with them (alpha will take care of at least the stockings...). Blender doesn't take into account alpha maps, so keep that in mind.

Also, there's still at least 2 more stages to go.

EDIT: More screens of the final four stages. I need to test my BU system out to see if boots can be part of the outfit. I've only tested it with a cuirass but I don't see why it shouldn't work with a full outfit...

post-10250-13597878955619_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597878956441_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597878957135_thumb.jpg

post-10250-1359787895781_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597878958428_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597878960013_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597878960652_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597878961354_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597878962347_thumb.jpg

Nice, My only critiscisim is that it looks as if someones just opening up her shirt, pulling up her skirt and then pulling her panties off. Doesn't look like much is getting broken or ripped apart from the straps on the skirt. However you said that the alpha isn't displayed here so maybe that's what I'm not seeing that makes it work.

Either way nice work!

Nice' date=' My only critiscisim is that it looks as if someones just opening up her shirt, pulling up her skirt and then pulling her panties off. Doesn't look like much is getting broken or ripped apart from the straps on the skirt. However you said that the alpha isn't displayed here so maybe that's what I'm not seeing that makes it work.

Either way nice work!

[/quote']

Yeah, once I rig it and start painting the alphas I'll have a better idea of how to rough it up more. I left more geometry as opposed to less in case I need it later.

The bad part I'm finding about doing a 10 stage armor is bone weight copying takes flipping forever if I use the high quality algorithms.

Anano did a version using SKSE and a ring' date=' the ring equips armor1, when health reaches X amount, the ring equips armor2 which is armor1 but with more parts broken.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23632

Can see it here.

[/quote']

Anano actually did one earlier than that one using the Amiella armor as well. Perhaps it'll give a better idea of roughing up the armor here?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20601

But I look forward to seeing this framework being completed. It sounds like it'll be a much more improved version.

Thought I'd swing in for an update.

Just to calm your guys' worries with this current armor I'm working on, a lot of the "damage" will be taken care of by the textures. Repositioning the mesh and using the updated UV layout with the missing geometry as a guide makes it easy to make the textures afterward.

I've made a clean .esp and got it working. I can use this one from here on out and it'll make later armors less time consuming. I'm almost done bone weight copying everything, then I'll give the whole thing a go in game. After that I'll start on the alpha maps, and then it should be good to release.

I did take note that I'll have to add a section of code to the script to disallow males from equipping BU armor meant for females (and vise versa). That is unless there's a way to make armor gender specific in the CK. Anyone know?

I played with anano's script a little bit to try and tweak it.

I don't know how yours looks, but I really suggest you do an OnHit event as opposed to an infinite OnUpdate loop. Also, anano's method was using a ring with a script attached; I made the effect into an enchantment instead so one less script to run and it was more responsive on equip/unequip.

As far as penalties for damage, you can look into playing with a negative RestorationPowerMod effect. I don't know if it'll work, but it would also lower vanilla enchantment strength on current equip. It already raises them, so it follows that it should lower it too.

One problem I did run into was that my follower NPC did not like to stay dressed on changing zones fairly often. I have no idea why since the armor was still in inventory and she would just take it off to go streaking. Smacking her to trigger a break state change would get it working again.

I played with anano's script a little bit to try and tweak it.

I don't know how yours looks' date=' but I really suggest you do an OnHit event as opposed to an infinite OnUpdate loop. Also, anano's method was using a ring with a script attached; I made the effect into an enchantment instead so one less script to run and it was more responsive on equip/unequip.

As far as penalties for damage, you can look into playing with a negative RestorationPowerMod effect. I don't know if it'll work, but it would also lower vanilla enchantment strength on current equip. It already raises them, so it follows that it should lower it too.

One problem I did run into was that my follower NPC did not like to stay dressed on changing zones fairly often. I have no idea why since the armor was still in inventory and she would just take it off to go streaking. Smacking her to trigger a break state change would get it working again.

[/quote']

Mine works as a script attached directly to the armor that runs OnEquip. It utilizes states to calm down psychotic NPC behavior (without them I experienced NPCs wanting to take it off and put it back on over and over). I like your idea of using the OnHit event. Mine currently uses a while(akActor.isEquipped....) loop to test for conditions, so the OnHit would save some resources I think.

Regarding the penalties, I don't know if any effects accept negative values. That's mainly the trouble I ran into (I guess because it'd throw off the enchantment cost algorithm).

Almost done... need to go back and fix a problem with some weighting on a few of the shirt exports and finish the stocking textures.

You'll notice I am separating out the armor into gloves/boots/top (the BU effect will only affect the 'top' for this one). My reasoning is that I intend to add a pack of these armors to the leveled lists with balanced stats and full enchant/upgrade capabilities, so I want to keep the armors that I can keep the parts separate... separate. To accommodate doing that for this armor set, I edited the stockings to make them footless.

As for the capabilities of this system however, it's possible to have the gloves, boots, and top all "breakable" and completely independent of each other (it just takes extra Unnamed slots). This is advantageous because the eventual end goal of mine is to implement a durability/repair system of some sort where armor damage is independent of player health.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention: Don't mind the goofy polygons on the ends of the strings in the shot shown... it's getting fixed~~.

post-10250-13597879076233_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597879076891_thumb.jpg

Archived