[WIP] Break Undies Framework

JosefGrey

So as i understand you will use Mak07 remodeled armors for CBBEV3M with your own modification? Skirts, more covered breasts? So far looks great, while i like skimpy stuff, but some of Mak07 armors was a bit to much for me, so i like your versions more, especially mini skirts. So far i like everything i see in your mod, for sure will do daily checks till it get finished. But i bet here will be a long way till final result, but that will be worth waiting, i'm sure :).

Also dont forget low tier armors, like fur, hide, iron and etc, for some reason these are my favorite :).

Looking good' date=' Eventually though the armor can actually break off and become unwearable until repaired right? Once you go behond the final stage?

[/quote']

More than likely it will just have its armor value reduces to nearly 0 when fully broken. Removing it completely doesn't seem to have a real purpose that would merit the coding for that specific instance (especially for making sure NPCs would keep it off, because they wouldn't by default).

So as i understand you will use Mak07 remodeled armors for CBBEV3M with your own modification? Skirts' date=' more covered breasts? So far looks great, while i like skimpy stuff, but some of Mak07 armors was a bit to much for me, so i like your versions more, especially mini skirts. So far i like everything i see in your mod, for sure will do daily checks till it get finished. But i bet here will be a long way till final result, but that will be worth waiting, i'm sure :).

Also dont forget low tier armors, like fur, hide, iron and etc, for some reason these are my favorite :).

[/quote']

Yeah, but they are the remodeled armors converted to CBBEv3 (no M). This is so that they can be Bodyslide compatible (which, if you want, you can make a very similar body to MAK's with).

Does anyone know of any widely used custom races that use a separate (non-replacer) texture set? Only races that don't use one of the default texture filepaths for bodies. I need to add some stuff to the .esm for this to make them compatible, and currently Lunari is the only one I have.

Does anyone know of any widely used custom races that use a separate (non-replacer) texture set? Only races that don't use one of the default texture filepaths for bodies. I need to add some stuff to the .esm for this to make them compatible' date=' and currently Lunari is the only one I have.

[/quote']

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a widely used custom race but I believe that the Monli race uses custom textures. It's from http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7112

Although due to how the young race looks I'd understand if you'd rather not. The Monli race doesn't appeal to everybody.

Yeah' date=' but they are the remodeled armors converted to CBBEv3 (no M). This is so that they can be Bodyslide compatible (which, if you want, you can make a very similar body to MAK's with).

[/quote']

Actually it is good to know, as i'm using CBBEv3 myself :)

I think what you have accomplished is amazing! I loved the break undies for Oblivion and wish we could see armor parts fly off from a particularly nasty blow, but you do such a sexy job I almost WANT to lose my fights! :P

I was hoping you could help me out though. 2 weeks ago my HD crashed and burned, taking about 250 GB of Steam games with it. I am a bit of a modder too, but all my custom stuff is gone! I am currently reinstalling SKyrim and as many of my mods as I can get hold of. At the time I had only installed the first armor you did, but I would like to know what head mesh or skin texture you use in your screens that won't cause a seam when using these great armors. I love Mak armors too, but your Imperial version is awesome. I am definitely getting into lots of fights with Stormcloaks!

Thanks for all you do! :)

I think what you have accomplished is amazing! I loved the break undies for Oblivion and wish we could see armor parts fly off from a particularly nasty blow' date=' but you do such a sexy job I almost WANT to lose my fights! :P

I was hoping you could help me out though. 2 weeks ago my HD crashed and burned, taking about 250 GB of Steam games with it. I am a bit of a modder too, but all my custom stuff is gone! I am currently reinstalling SKyrim and as many of my mods as I can get hold of. At the time I had only installed the first armor you did, but I would like to know what head mesh or skin texture you use in your screens that won't cause a seam when using these great armors. I love Mak armors too, but your Imperial version is awesome. I am definitely getting into lots of fights with Stormcloaks!

Thanks for all you do! :)

[/quote']

Thanks! For the Imperial Light release, make sure your character is at 100 weight (otherwise there will be seams). This is because I didn't release a 0 weight version. It uses the default body and head mesh.

I love the idea (as per your screenshots in the original post) and that - once you're done - it will apply to (female) NPCs too.

I for one am not concerned about armor ratings, so feel free to focus on releasing a stable version even if armor remains fully effective even in the late nude stages. :)

In fact, if you DO implement decreased armor ratings, please consider making a version of your mod where the player is not affected. Losing my health is bad as it is; I don't want characters to take more damage when they're wounded... at least not the player character.

If you want feedback on which armors to focus on: please do bandit and forsworn armors, as there are plenty of such females to fight, and easy to find them. (Enemy imperials are harder to come by, at least if you don't want to fight the civil war and/or join the Stormcloaks)

I love the idea (as per your screenshots in the original post) and that - once you're done - it will apply to (female) NPCs too.

I for one am not concerned about armor ratings' date=' so feel free to focus on releasing a stable version even if armor remains fully effective even in the late nude stages. :)

In fact, if you DO implement decreased armor ratings, please consider making a version of your mod where the player is not affected. Losing my health is bad as it is; I don't want characters to take more damage when they're wounded... at least not the player character.

If you want feedback on which armors to focus on: please do bandit and forsworn armors, as there are plenty of such females to fight, and easy to find them. (Enemy imperials are harder to come by, at least if you don't want to fight the civil war and/or join the Stormcloaks)

[/quote']

No worries, all of MAK's armors will be done eventually. Decreased armor ratings will be in the next version, but armor damage won't have anything to do with actor health. Armor will have durability ratings like in Oblivion to handle that.

Well, tonight was going to be pretty productive until women got in the way. Not even the "oh I'm glad that happened" women, just the "you just wasted my time" women. Anyways, almost have all the stages of Dragonscale done... had to fix some mind boggling bugs with the script and some rigging issues. Also cleared up any doubts that the scripts would work with Vampirism. Had a lovely cold the past couple of days, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have more energy. I'll probably post some screens tomorrow.

hey man, just wanted to let you know that your imperial light armor is my main armor, what you are doing is awesome.

It might be productive to post links to nifskope or etc. in hopes that maybe somebody else would participate in strictly making the armor sets so all you have to do is integrate it into the framework.

Not here to make a commitment but I have a mind to probably help out

Very nicee :shy:

I'll keeping an eye on this

Kudos for Josef

Thanks!

hey man' date=' just wanted to let you know that your imperial light armor is my main armor, what you are doing is awesome.

It might be productive to post links to nifskope or etc. in hopes that maybe somebody else would participate in strictly making the armor sets so all you have to do is integrate it into the framework.

Not here to make a commitment but I have a mind to probably help out

[/quote']

Glad you dig it~. I wish it made sense to break it up like that, but there's so much random exporting to test stuff in game that it'd probably just back stuff up. Having ChronoTrigger77 do the Bodyslide stuff is helping out a lot, though. The last few days I've been laid out with a cold or something, but as far as actual time spent working, things are moving faster and faster now that the design/scripts are getting squared away.

Well' date=' tonight was going to be pretty productive until women got in the way. Not even the "oh I'm glad that happened" women, just the "you just wasted my time" women. Anyways, almost have all the stages of Dragonscale done... had to fix some mind boggling bugs with the script and some rigging issues. Also cleared up any doubts that the scripts would work with Vampirism. Had a lovely cold the past couple of days, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have more energy. I'll probably post some screens tomorrow.

[/quote']

originaljosephd.jpg

Well' date=' tonight was going to be pretty productive until women got in the way. Not even the "oh I'm glad that happened" women, just the "you just wasted my time" women. Anyways, almost have all the stages of Dragonscale done... had to fix some mind boggling bugs with the script and some rigging issues. Also cleared up any doubts that the scripts would work with Vampirism. Had a lovely cold the past couple of days, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have more energy. I'll probably post some screens tomorrow.

[/quote']

originaljosephd.jpg

Haha, exactly

I feel like I spent too much time on small details. Trying to do more exaggerated stuff on the next ones (larger chunks missing, etc).

So, I had a dumb issue yesterday with the body swapper script that is now cleared up (thanks to a handy SKSE function). I've whined about it before and I'll do it again: Papyrus has the absolute worst programming capability of anything I've ever used. Instead of having even the simplest of features to empower the developer to create (like editing a string), everything it offers funnels logic into what already exists in Skyrim. It seems like a tool that helped streamline development, but took a huuuuge crap on the modding community. Anyways, /rage.

Dragonplate tonight~

Okay, so I'm thinking about how to get a blacksmith to "repair" gear, and have a question.

Does anyone have experience with scripting quests or working with NPC dialog? I have next to zero experience in that area and was wondering if anyone knows the best way to cause an NPC to cast a specific spell when a dialog option has been chosen. From the looks of it, I'd have to edit their AI package and all this nonsense, but maybe there's a simpler way?

The idea is to make the blacksmith cast an area spell that applies to everyone in the area. This spell adds a magic effect that does nothing, but BU armor will have an event that detects when the effect has been applied and will then begin the repair procedure (i.e. get the armor type, calculate cost, prompt player, etc).

TBH' date=' I would just repair the armor when they rest at an inn or something. Or for a condition, when they get the well rested perk.

[/quote']

That is a really good idea. Espeeeecially for NPCs that aren't your followers, since they aren't gonna go to a blacksmith to get repaired. Do you know if NPCs gain the rested affect when they sleep? And if they do, I'm not quite sure if followers gain it when the player sleeps. Stuff I'd have to check.

Also, I'd probably keep it to 'rested' since werewolves can't gain 'well rested'.

EDIT: Of course, Bethesda quickly stamps out any creative ideas with its limited scripting system. Detecting when a new magic effect is applied to the wearer of armor (that has a script on it) doesn't seem to be possible. I think it can only be done on an Actor script if it is to work the way we want it to. I was thinking that *might* be a problem, but considering equipped items have no object reference and actually returns the wearer's object reference I figured it would work (nah, that'd make too much sense).

SO, I have a new idea that, as far as I know, would work. It combines some of the stuff we've talked about, but retains the concept of only being able to repair in certain areas or at certain times (because like we talked about before, never having your armor broken wouldn't be any fun).

Basically, I'd bring back repair hammers, but they can only be used near a forge. Detecting when you're near a specific object is the only thing I'm not 100% on. I know there's a variety of ways to do it, but if someone can enlighten me it would help out.

Repair hammers would be available in shops, and I could add a recipe to craft them. The reason I don't want to do repair kits for specific armor sets is that it'd clutter the hell out of your inventory and just get generally annoying, I would think. Plus, people wouldn't want to have to add a repair kit whenever they made a new BU armor. I could pretty easily expand on this and make *better* repair hammers that would repair more durability, and even add an Armorer perk to the Smithing tree as a throwback to Oblivion. Also, I could use the armor's "toughness" rating that I've added (which determines how fast it degrades) to simulate the effect in Oblivion of stronger armor items being harder to repair.

I know how to make this function for followers as well. Basically when added to an inventory, the hammer would check to see if the person it was added to is a follower. If so, it will automatically use itself.

The main thing is detecting when you're nearby a forge. Does anyone know of items that can only be used in a certain area? Or have ideas that I could look into to help with this?

EDIT 2: Hm... found something interesting. http://www.creationkit.com/Dynamically_Attaching_Scripts#Attaching_Scripts_to_Objects

I think I could attach a script to the closest forge that detects the distance to the player using this function: http://www.creationkit.com/GetDistance_-_ObjectReference

When the distance becomes less than whatever, the script could edit the repair hammer base object in some fashion that would make it use-able by the player.

If someone knows of a better method that requires less nonsense, let me know.

Archived