1 hour ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

In a nutshell detail and neck seams, I can't stand that the females have a perfectly seamless neck and all my dudes look like their head was added to their body using glue.

Give the veteran skin I linked earlier a go and see if you see the neckseams, i don't see them when playing with it with NVT enb.

You can also grab the matching schlong textures here from LL :)

3 hours ago, SpyVsPie said:

Because it takes under two minutes to do and most of those skins are awful? I actually don't use this method anymore, I use a blend of Tempered and Veteran skin, but Disciple asked how to do it so I told him. 

Do you use tempered for the beast races then?   I've been using the 2k SOS full ones from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70481/? and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70481/? , but have recently switched to the Muscular Khajit textures as I think it looks better with the bestial body morph mod.

8 minutes ago, Grummkol said:

Give the veteran skin I linked earlier a go and see if you see the neckseams, i don't see them when playing with it with NVT enb.

You can also grab the matching schlong textures here from LL :)

I did and I love it, I went through the process here and learned a lot but my issue is now that I want younger faces with the veteran skin, I enjoy playing breton and for some reason Bethesda decided they should look like they keep their face in water 99% of the time. Anyone know how to get younger faces up and working with the Veteran? 

12 hours ago, SpyVsPie said:

Here you go

Let me know if you have any questions and sorry if I explain stuff too much, not trying to be a dick just figure it's better to be clear as possible. 

Thank you so much for tutoring me, I have learned a lot today :D. However after having played around with everything I have decided I like the Veteran more but I want younger looking faces since I play a Bret, do you happen to know of a solution? I have tried using the younger faces textures from skysight but there is a noticeable seam, how might I properly blend this to make them seamless like females?

I see what you mean, the veteran skin does look like he's been round the block a few times :)  Maybe try blur or filter on the existing head texture file?  Problem is then if you go for a younger head from another texture pack you'll likely end up with the neck seams again unless you have got the drop on the texblend utility.

18 minutes ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

Thank you so much for tutoring me, I have learned a lot today :D. However after having played around with everything I have decided I like the Veteran more but I want younger looking faces since I play a Bret, do you happen to know of a solution? I have tried using the younger faces textures from skysight but there is a noticeable seam, how might I properly blend this to make them seamless like females?

Well like I said above I currently use a blend of the two because that's pretty much what I preferred well (though I also wanted less rough limbs and back). My texture is Veteran chest and groin and tempered face, back and limbs with the color adjusted to match veteran. In terms of actually blending textures like that (not just erasing a little bit of one) and matching colors it's much more fiddly and less black and white. I don't really have a strict method other than trial and error.

29 minutes ago, Grummkol said:

Do you use tempered for the beast races then?   I've been using the 2k SOS full ones from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70481/? and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70481/? , but have recently switched to the Muscular Khajit textures as I think it looks better with the bestial body morph mod.

I use Forgotten Argonian Roots for Argonians. Been putting my Skyrim back together from scratch lately and haven't gotten to Khajiits yet, mostly because I forget what textures I used for them before but It wasn't the Tempered ones. 

16 minutes ago, SpyVsPie said:

Well like I said above I currently use a blend of the two because that's pretty much what I preferred well (though I also wanted less rough limbs and back). My texture is Veteran chest and groin and tempered face, back and limbs with the color adjusted to match veteran. In terms of actually blending textures like that (not just erasing a little bit of one) and matching colors it's much more fiddly and less black and white. I don't really have a strict method other than trial and error.

I use Forgotten Argonian Roots for Argonians. Been putting my Skyrim back together from scratch lately and haven't gotten to Khajiits yet, mostly because I forget what textures I used for them before but It wasn't the Tempered ones. 

So what I did was use Skysight skins younger with the .MSN from Veteran and it is working great, no more seam save in certain lighting. It would help if I knew what the darn file extensions representing, trial an error led me to thinking that MSN is the colors. 

4 minutes ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

So what I did was use Skysight skins younger with the .MSN from Veteran and it is working great, no more seam save in certain lighting. It would help if I knew what the darn file extensions representing, trial an error led me to thinking that MSN is the colors. 

*_msn.dds is the normal.  Ideally that would be compressed to BC7 format.  The *_s.dds files are specular maps, so greyscale and no alpha, ideally compressed with BC4.  Standard diffuse textures (malehands.dds, bodymale.dds) can be compressed to BC1.  *_sk.dds files I'd also do as BC7.

So it seems there are no younger male faces available for The Veteran, I presume I would need to perform the conversion in Compressionator and then smooth out the Normal from Veteran to get younger faces. If I am wrong please let me know. 

Veteran's face normal maps is (almost) identical to its original, Skysight Skins if I remember correctly.

Replacing Veteran's original one with Skysight's younger one will be probably suffice (so long as you can accept Skysight's younger option.

[Added]: In general, there are much wider compatibility among the (face) normal maps than the skin diffuse itself, though the neck seam can be discerned to certain degree.

So it seems there are no younger male faces available for The Veteran, I presume I would need to perform the conversion in Compressionator and then smooth out the Normal from Veteran to get younger faces. If I am wrong please let me know. 

Gimp will save BC1 - BC5 if you export the DDS file, its under compression options.  Also make sure you enable mipmaps if its not already checked.

For BC7 i use the TexConv command line tool, it's a lot faster than compressionator.

To convert from BC7 to uncompressed (so you can work with the file in gimp if you don't have access to the original uncompressed fil ), would be "texconv -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -y *_msn.dds" , to recompress to BC7 for SSE you'd run "texconv -f BC7_UNORM - y *_msn.dds".  

But as others have said, try the skysight malehead.dds/malehead_s.dds/malehead_msn.dds/malehead_sk.dds files with the veteran body and see if that works for you? 

On 11/2/2018 at 7:02 AM, Grummkol said:

Default SOS skins aren't the greatest texture wise.

Tempered skins was one of the first ones released for SOS light for SE so there were various work-arounds/changes posted to get tempered skins to work with SOS full (basically to do with the feet/groin texture locations)

However it's not really necessary, any of the oldrim SOS full textures will work fine.  I'd use texconv to convert normals to BC7 to reduce vram usage, but (IMHO) theres a lot better skins out there to use than tempered skins that don't rely on jumping through hoops to get it to work for SOS full.

Yep, a much better alternative would be these skins http://modgames.net/load/skyrim_special_edition/replejsery_tel/dizona_body_sse_test_skryto/476-1-0-22850

http://tesall.ru/files/file/8668-dizona-body/

(first link is for the current sse test version, second is an oldrim link)

except they need to be modded to work with sos though, would be great if someone could release a version here that works with it

image example from their page:19835.jpg

I had a run in with a repeatable ctd at north+northeast of solstheim, and i eventually narrowed it down to this sos. The mod crashes the game when this specific part occurs:

[11/05/2018 - 10:12:03PM] SOS Actor Schlongify: new schlong for Wulf Wild-Blood got schlong index 2 size 1
[11/05/2018 - 10:12:04PM] SOS Actor Schlongify: new schlong for Tharstan got schlong index 2 size 6

i know i can recreate the issue, but im wondering if anyone else can. anyway i hope this helps with fine tuning the mod.

3 hours ago, Falloutersexy said:

I know that this comes with in-game menu but I cant find it for some reason :(  Its not in the mods menu nor in the skills/spells list. I have all requirements and have installed it correctly and I know it because the mod works fine! I just can not find the in-game menu of SOS.

Are you certain you have the most recent version of SKSE 64? If so try typing  "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1"

I am having a small problem with my PC's schlong. SOS works fine but my PC is very unhappy because his erect schlong is at best 3 or 4 inches long. The animations are a joke because there is very rarely any contact between the parties involved. I was playing a month or so ago with the prior version and everything was fine. I could adjust the size either way with no problem at all. Now, whatever I do in the MCM has no effect, still 3 to 4 inches. I just finished building my load order and have been testing a while each day for the past few days.  The game is running fine but this problem has me baffled. I am using MO 2 and Mator Smash and can not figure out what could be wrong. I am pretty much a noob on working on these kinds of problems and I would sure appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

14 hours ago, smbecket said:

I am having a small problem with my PC's schlong. SOS works fine but my PC is very unhappy because his erect schlong is at best 3 or 4 inches long. The animations are a joke because there is very rarely any contact between the parties involved. I was playing a month or so ago with the prior version and everything was fine. I could adjust the size either way with no problem at all. Now, whatever I do in the MCM has no effect, still 3 to 4 inches. I just finished building my load order and have been testing a while each day for the past few days.  The game is running fine but this problem has me baffled. I am using MO 2 and Mator Smash and can not figure out what could be wrong. I am pretty much a noob on working on these kinds of problems and I would sure appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

there is a racemenu plugin that allows you to change your size

17 hours ago, smbecket said:

You could also use the SexLab controls to fine tune the animation positions, since author's design around their own personal body preferences.