I have the latest skse and the latest version of this mod, but I get a pop-up when I start skyrim that tells me this mod is not compatible. I f I ignore it and start anyways, I see the MCM menu for it, but I can't start it or in fact change anything.

Just an update, If I use skse I get the above, if I use skse-64 it tells me that papyrusutil.dll and sexlabutil.dll are outdated and can't run.

Edited by zantyr
Update

3 hours ago, zantyr said:

I have the latest skse and the latest version of this mod, but I get a pop-up when I start skyrim that tells me this mod is not compatible. I f I ignore it and start anyways, I see the MCM menu for it, but I can't start it or in fact change anything.

Tested it out on an AE 1.6.323 build when I updated the code. If anyone else is having the same issue, please let me know and I can try recompiling.

I updated to the latest version of this mod and to the latest skse but my game just crashes on startup. Netscript Framework log points to this mod and its dll. I'm running SE 1.5.97 with skse 2.0.20

Edit: can confirm that it is indeed random sex mod because when I deactivate the mod my game works just fine.

Edited by Bernabas002
7 hours ago, Bernabas002 said:

I updated to the latest version of this mod and to the latest skse but my game just crashes on startup. Netscript Framework log points to this mod and its dll. I'm running SE 1.5.97 with skse 2.0.20

Edit: can confirm that it is indeed random sex mod because when I deactivate the mod my game works just fine.

Interesting. I just reinstalled from the zip file and fired it up on my current 1.5.97 build. Not seeing any issues running at a 10 second interval in Whiterun with an additional 10 followers and several dogs, wolves, horses and other stuff spawned in. Is there any output from the Netscript Framework that may help here?

Is anyone else seeing similar issues?

Note that like Skyrim AE I switched over to the 2019 compiler instead of the 2015 compiler, which results in a smaller dll file. Is it possible that some older processors may not be compatible? Otherwise I have no idea...

Edited by Arizona_Steve

Yes, I have the same problem with crashes in Main menu (just before Load save, New, Quit text appear) after downgrading the game. I used BestOfBothWorldsPatcher.exe version of the patch, if that matters, and I am using skse 2.0.20.

Edited by roni3
clarification

Since with BestOfBothWords patcher, my Skyrim DCTs outdoors, I use the Full patcher which runs perfectly fine as far as I see until now.

BUT installing the SE version of this mod prevents my game from even starting properly, CTD before loading the main menu.

EDIT: As expected for my fully-patched game, the AE-version does not work. It starts and I see the MCM but there mothing does anything.

It would really be nice if someone could get the SE version repaired!

Edited by effrenatus
  • 2 weeks later...

This happened to me ages ago and I forgot to post it here:

I entered Solitude for the first time so Rogvirs execution scene stearted to play. At that moment random sex decided to trigger and created a twosome. Out of all the people it could choose it chose Rogvir and some old lady. And they were fucking on the execution platform in front of everybody. It was beautifull. Instead of a last meal a last fuck. Sounds perfect. The executionar was even patiently waiting for them to finish. When they did the execution continued and I decided to interact with the old lady. I will never forget what she said to me that day: "That's my brother up there" XD

So yeah. Maybe as a long term goal: hardcode some relations between people so those things don't happen. Or make it toggleable for those that are into it.

Works as advertised here but without minimum arousal values, it's just people and animals fornicating all around you.

Could be kinda funny if you are into that sort of thing, but it takes a lot of agency away from the player (I'm also using SLEN where you have to work to get people to have sex).

This would be awesome if we could get some matchmaking options like setting a minimum arousal and maybe optionally if one party is much more aroused than the minimum you get a non-consensual sex scene.

2 hours ago, Talesien said:

Causing CTD with 1.5.97 and SKSE2.0.20 on i7-7820X

Looks like it's something to do with message translation judging from the "$" references. I'll pull down the 1.5.97 version and see if I can reproduce on a minimal mod loadout and new game this weekend.

Edited by Arizona_Steve

Yeah, pretty sure the CTD is nothing to do with the SLA version. It looks like it's something in my string translator and (if it's something that has started up with the most recent version) may be something to do with intercepting the wrong SKSE event. I may go back to my original strategy of loading the translator strings the first time the message is requested.

Biggest issue is that I've not been able to reproduce it so far.

@Illana, @Talesien (and anyone else who is dealing with CTD on load with the latest version) - Please download and try this latest version, which removes the event handling for the translation initializer, and initializes the translator the first time a notification message is requested.

Oh and I found a bug that prevented creature-on-NPC sex acts that is also fixed here.

Please let me know:

(1) Does this still CTD at Skyrim startup?

(2) Is there still an issue with notifications causing  CTD when a sex act is started?

(3) If the answer to 2 is yes, does turning off the notifications in the Random Sex MCM prevent the CTDs?

Thanks!

SexLabRandomSexSE_20211223.zip

Edited by Arizona_Steve

Arizona_Steve, I downloaded/ fresh installed the version above and on a new game. Even after setting Sexlab, for some weird reason, I can't mark any checkboxes. I don't know if its just visual glitch, because when i toggle the checkbox to activate it, it didn't get checked, but when i returned to the game and pressed the 9 key on the keyboard, the mod prompt me it got disabled.
I mean, I can use the shortcut to activate/deactivate Random Sex, but since I can't really see if I'm really marking anything, i really don't know if it's working. o.o
Also... all numbers are zeroed. When I activate the sliders and insert any number it continues to display 0.

Edit: SexLabRandomSexAE_20211215.zip is working fine on my end with SexLab Aroused Redux SSE.

Edited by Horgren
On 12/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, Horgren said:

Even after setting Sexlab, for some weird reason, I can't mark any checkboxes.

That's because the version I uploaded was for Skyrim SE 1.5.97 (SKSE 2.0.20) - it won't work for AE. The people above were reporting issues with the SE version, so that's what I compiled against.

...and now the latest SKSE (2.1.5) source code won't open in Visual C++ as there are some missing resources that are not included in the archive. I won't be able to recompile until that one is resolved. Not sure if I want to bother the SKSE team directly on this...

Edited by Arizona_Steve
11 hours ago, Arizona_Steve said:

...and now the latest SKSE (2.1.5) source code won't open in Visual C++ as there are some missing resources that are not included in the archive. I won't be able to recompile until that one is resolved. Not sure if I want to bother the SKSE team directly on this...

You should tho. If there is an issue with SKSE they need to know about it, right?