12 hours ago, Vachnic said:

You should tho. If there is an issue with SKSE they need to know about it, right?

I did email them. Found today that the missing files are available on the SKSE Github repository, so was able to copy those in and recompile everything. I have a build ready but need to wait for some other SKSE mod updates before I can set up a minimal test profile to ensure the Random Sex code works before uploading.

• 3 weeks later...

Skyrim SE 1.5.97

(crash log)Out of memory error in whiterun stables after playing in skyrim with this mod without problems for about 6 skyrim days.

Started to crashing, disabled mod in mcm and stopped crashing.

Hey ArizonaSteve,

After years of not having had ANY issue with your most excellent mod, I suddenly starting to get CTDs. Crashlogger gave me the error "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FFABA3F3169 SexLabRandomSex.dll+0003169". So apparently something is interfering with the dll-file? I checked to see what mods I had updated recently (since this happened out of the blue). And it turns out that (apparently) Scaleform Translation Plus Plus is causing the crashes. Scaleform has recently (finally) been updated to work with AE. I say it "apparently" causes the CTDs, because they stop after disabling ScaleForm. And it is the only mod that is new in my loadorder.

Now I am not sure what you can/ should do with this information though. I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else has this issue.

Perhaps it is of interest to you that Scaleform's description is "This plugin enables native translation nesting present within SkyUI, as well as English fallbacks", so perhaps the ctds are related to the translations/ notification issues others were reporting?

On 12/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, Arizona_Steve said:

@Illana, @Talesien (and anyone else who is dealing with CTD on load with the latest version) - Please download and try this latest version, which removes the event handling for the translation initializer, and initializes the translator the first time a notification message is requested.

Oh and I found a bug that prevented creature-on-NPC sex acts that is also fixed here.

Please let me know:

(1) Does this still CTD at Skyrim startup?

(2) Is there still an issue with notifications causing  CTD when a sex act is started?

(3) If the answer to 2 is yes, does turning off the notifications in the Random Sex MCM prevent the CTDs?

Thanks!

SexLabRandomSexSE_20211223.zipFetching info...

1) CTD's, (for me), on Skyrim startup, if Spell Perk Item Distributor is also enabled, (I've tried versions 5-2-0, 5-0-4 & 4-5-1 of SPD).

2) CTD's if notifications are enabled. Works fine if notifications are disabled.

Edit

Well, sorry, this does actually work. However what I found out has shocked me, shocked me to to core. Well not really. What seemed to be the problem is that I have too many SKSE dll mods, (not esp/esm, actual SKSE loaded DLL mods). Only noticed because other newer mods I have tried to install did the same thing. So went through my list, (circa 30), and installed them one at a time until a crash. Then installed them leaving ones out and adding this, (and other dll mods), and it worked, until I added more. Then changed to ones I left out and removed others until I CTD. (This took fecking ages going through combinations). The upshot of which on my setup, (I don't know about other people), there does seem to be a limit to the number, (or maybe total memory impact or trampolining - no idea what that is, I'm a simple old school coder and don't know the mumbo jumbo the youth of today spout out), a set of SKSE loaded DLL's you can have. Anyway, sort of happy, but not really because the DLL's I had were actually the ones I want.  Anyway, sorry.... (ps still CTD's if notifications are enabled regardless).

Edit Again

So the error code was 'SkyrimSE.exe+D71D51' which apparently is Skse .dll allocated memory limit overflow. So memory limit problem rather than number of dlls, their memory impact matters. Boo. Hiss.

Edited by spoonsinger
  • 1 month later...

Is this mod also supposed to create Creature on Creature moments? I was going for creatures in the wild doing what creatures do while i'm wandering around questing but don't seem to see a trigger or this happening. It's always Human + Creature that triggers.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2022 at 11:26 AM, Gonzeh said:

Is this mod also supposed to create Creature on Creature moments? I was going for creatures in the wild doing what creatures do while i'm wandering around questing but don't seem to see a trigger or this happening. It's always Human + Creature that triggers.

Haven't uploaded that version yet. Been running version 2 (with creature on creature) long term to ensure that it is fully stable (at least with my monster mod list including 700 or so followers).

23 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

Haven't uploaded that version yet. Been running version 2 (with creature on creature) long term to ensure that it is fully stable (at least with my monster mod list including 700 or so followers).

Ah didn't even realise you working on a version for that! I was using SSXE to setup seperate animations for that but i've disabled it for the moment because the setup time and then extra script load on the game was just getting too much.

Look forward to the update that has all options built in!

• 1 month later...

Since the author seems to be active here, I have a question regarding the mod.
It seems Random Sex doesn't work when I quit the game & reload the same save, is there a way to fix that? I tried to read through the LE version forum thread but I can't find anything about it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 5:20 AM, Lyman the Lunatic said:

Since the author seems to be active here, I have a question regarding the mod.
It seems Random Sex doesn't work when I quit the game & reload the same save, is there a way to fix that? I tried to read through the LE version forum thread but I can't find anything about it yet.

That can happen for various reasons actually. One way I solve that when it does happen is to press the 9-key (top row on keyboard) to turn the mod off, waiting like 15 seconds, then pressing 9 again to turn it back. That seems to fix it.

On 4/24/2022 at 11:01 PM, Arizona_Steve said:

Been running version 2 (with creature on creature) long term to ensure that it is fully stable (at least with my monster mod list including 700 or so followers).

Hey Arizona_Steve. Is there any ETA on version 2 yet? I am very curious to see/ try it out.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:08 AM, ButchDiavolo said:

That can happen for various reasons actually. One way I solve that when it does happen is to press the 9-key (top row on keyboard) to turn the mod off, waiting like 15 seconds, then pressing 9 again to turn it back. That seems to fix it.

Hmm... doesn't work.So what else do I have to look out for?

4 hours ago, Lyman the Lunatic said:

Hmm... doesn't work.So what else do I have to look out for?

The problem is that it could be caused by many, many things. It is most likely caused by something "under the hood" (aka skyrim itself).

It kind of depends on how many mods you have installed and how many scripts are running in the background. And how powerful your PC is.

One thing to try, if you haven't already done so, is setting fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000 in your Skyrimcustom.ini. This will give scripts the change to catch up.

On 6/23/2022 at 7:32 PM, ButchDiavolo said:

One thing to try, if you haven't already done so, is setting fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000 in your Skyrimcustom.ini. This will give scripts the change to catch up.

Hmm... I don't think I have that  ini. You sure it's not SkyrimPref or Skyrim?

4 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Ah sorry, it will be in a skyrim.ini then. It is under the Papyrus section, near the bottom of the file.

Hmm... it looks like I already have put that code in my skyrim.ini in the past. I can't remember it when, maybe I downloaded an optimized ini or copy-pasted from some forum.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:20 PM, Lyman the Lunatic said:

In order to limit the amount of stuff I put on the SKSE co-save file I reload the animation list from SexLab when the game is loaded. There is some delay as a result (around 20-30 seconds in my case) and this may be some of what you're seeing.

I really should put up version 2 - I have been using it in my own game for several months. I don't use the creature animations much so will need to ensure those work prior to uploading.

16 hours ago, Arizona_Steve said:

In order to limit the amount of stuff I put on the SKSE co-save file I reload the animation list from SexLab when the game is loaded. There is some delay as a result (around 20-30 seconds in my case) and this may be some of what you're seeing.

I really should put up version 2 - I have been using it in my own game for several months. I don't use the creature animations much so will need to ensure those work prior to uploading.

Well, you can always upload it anyway and we can test it for/ with you? Just add a warning with it that it is a Beta version or something?

I am using ZAP Helper Addon 8.0+ Extension and Display Model 3 to permanently tie up various NPCs to different furniture. Another automatic match-making mod I am currently using, sometimes integrates those tied up NPCs into sex scenes and then wreaks havoc in the sense that these NPCs aren't automatically returned to their furniture once the sex scene ends.

Would Arizona_Steve's mod here behave differently regarding tied NPCs, for example preferably excluding them from sex scenes?

Edited by Gudulba
On 6/26/2022 at 9:17 AM, Arizona_Steve said:

looking forward to this! any changes in V2 ? i've tried out Scrappys Matchmaker and ONights and I find RandomSex to be simpler and easier mod

On 6/26/2022 at 6:17 AM, Arizona_Steve said:

I have tried on a couple of saves, I still don't know. In some saves, I can reload & it works just fine, the other saves, the mod stopped working entirely. There's 1 save in particular, the mod stopped working.

I also use this mod with SD along with your mod, is that the reason?

@Arizona_Steve

This seems to work just fine, thanks, and is certainly simpler and generally better than all the other 'randomising' mods out there

A quick query, though

Is there any way, please, to limit the animations chosen to only those registered as aggressive ones? 

eg, by, say, an MCM choice of

• Only non-aggressive
  • Only Aggressive
  • Either

I can't see any way of doing this in the existing MCM, and something like that would be useful to have, so that we could switch those from time to time to match this mod up to whichever best fits, at whatever point we are in our game.

Or is there maybe a patch out there to do this already?  LL's 'Search' isn't that great right now ?

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is one of my favorites, and I'm glad you keep it updated. However, im getting a ctd upon scene starts with random sex, and i can't pinpoint what mod it's conflicting with. This is as close as i could get. If I disable any skse dll from this point, the CTD goes away, but of course I need them all! I started with MANY many more mods, and the one's that stopped the crash while keeping random sex installed the fastest were Engine Fixes SSE, and MFG fix. Of course skyrim is literally unplayable without them though. 

crash-2022-08-01-01-04-58.log

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked and haven't found a solution to my problem. The mod installs fine and does not cause any errors in MO2, but when I load the game and try to activate Random sex, it simply does not work. When I click on any of the options, nothing changes; everything remains disabled. I tried using the 9 key to activate it, but it also does not work. When I press it once, nothing happens, but when I press it again, it says that the mod has been deactivated.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:51 AM, DASTEK said:

I've looked and haven't found a solution to my problem. The mod installs fine and does not cause any errors in MO2, but when I load the game and try to activate Random sex, it simply does not work. When I click on any of the options, nothing changes; everything remains disabled. I tried using the 9 key to activate it, but it also does not work. When I press it once, nothing happens, but when I press it again, it says that the mod has been deactivated.

Did you try it without anything but its requirements? It worked for me until i tried to use it under Skyrim Modding Essentials wabbajack, which basically just has a bunch of bug fixes and QOL improvements. For me it activates, but crashes as the scene begins. I narrowed it down to a few files listed in the crash log in the post above yours. Your problem sounds like something is overwriting a sky ui or MCM file that random sex needs. You could try to deactivate everything except random sex and its requirements, and activate your mods a few at a time to find what breaks it. you could try to do that in reverse, and deactivate mods, start a new game, let your mods load for a million minutes, and see when it starts working.  Or you could look at MO2, and see if anything is overwriting any files in mods that random sex uses. Sometimes mods include common libraries in them, but when those libraries get updated, the mod's older files end up overwriting the newer version that other mods need.