SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

31 minutes ago, Rynnes Master said:

Okay, I'll bite.  What the hell is GOG? 

game distribution platform like steam, with the main benefit being no DRM, either from the platform itself, or bundled with the game, eg you will not see Denuvo on a game released via GOG (exceptions exist to the "no DRM" policy, such as codewheels still being present in older games, or when a game is in pre-release and only available to reviewers).

Usually, it's where publishers will put games once their games have fully run their course, or there's no DRM in the first place. Or the game has a cult following and the current license holders go "yeah lets make some extra money" and put them there.

There are some extra perks as well, like some much older games tend to have mods and tweaks pre-applied to get them working on a modern system, whereas a release on steam is almost certainly a "follow a guide someone made I guess?"

Hopefully we can get some Nemesis compatible creature animations soon as well. I was hating on nemesis due to the (seems intentional to me) lack of applying creature anims, but since I removed all creature mods from my LO and finally got Nemesis to work, it's the dog balls!

1 hour ago, nomkaz said:

it's the dog balls!

not without dogs it's not ?

1 hour ago, nomkaz said:

Hopefully we can get some Nemesis compatible creature animations soon as well. I was hating on nemesis due to the (seems intentional to me) lack of applying creature anims,

it is intentional, they don't want to support them.

2 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Hopefully we can get some Nemesis compatible creature animations soon as well. I was hating on nemesis due to the (seems intentional to me) lack of applying creature anims, but since I removed all creature mods from my LO and finally got Nemesis to work, it's the dog balls!

You can keep creature animations if you want them by using both FNIS and Nemesis: enable FNIS Behavior, run FNIS with everything and store the output in a "mod", disable FNIS, run Nemesis and store that output in another mod, run game. (IIRC.) With that you only need to rerun FNIS when you change creature animations, otherwise run Nemesis when you change NPC animations.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

it is intentional, they don't want to support them.

Honest question, who's "they"? Nemesis has a GPL 3 license so basically open perms to do whatever people want with it as long as it's distributed under the same license.

I guess it's a combination of factors like lack of interest, technical knowledge or desire to provide such feature under that licensing. Also the fact that an already established software has this feature would further deter the efforts to implement creature animations into a different piece of software. But there isn't a monolithic "them" holding the power to do this.

Edited by Just Don't
1 hour ago, CaramellSundoffe said:

Ay, SSE Engine Fixes got a pseudo update by another dev. It's applicable with the GoG version too. Tested it myself and it works.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/76347

Just make sure to read the instructions proper.

Interesting, any idea if PapyrusUtil is working on GOG 1.6.629?

If PapyrusUtil doesn't work, I assume SSE Display Tweaks won't work either.
In December 2021, during 1.6.323 -> 1.6.342 update, both .DLL's stopped working, despite being made with Address Library, so I can only assume that AL doesn't have all the hooks needed to cover it.
Maybe RaceMenu and JContainers don't use AL for the same reason.

Thankfully, dozens of other .DLLs with AL worked without needing to be updated again.

38 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Interesting, any idea if PapyrusUtil is working on GOG 1.6.629?

If PapyrusUtil doesn't work, I assume SSE Display Tweaks won't work either.
In December 2021, during 1.6.323 -> 1.6.342 update, both .DLL's stopped working, despite being made with Address Library, so I can only assume that AL doesn't have all the hooks needed to cover it.
Maybe RaceMenu and JContainers don't use AL for the same reason.

Thankfully, dozens of other .DLLs with AL worked without needing to be updated again.

Provided the first 2 numbers of SKSE stay the same, mods should remain compatible without AL, unless it's for a game version update, in which case, will need AL to be automagically compatible.
If the second number changes, this usually means there is a major breakage change that AL cannot help you with, and you will more than likely need to spend some time either rewriting sections of your mod, or if you are using AL, just making what the DLL does version-dependant (eg, if on <1.6.353, do X but on >=1.6.629 do Y)
If the first number changes then we are in the shit and there is no help (major change that's fundamentally incompatible, like LE and SE)

8 hours ago, CaramellSundoffe said:

Ay, SSE Engine Fixes got a pseudo update by another dev. It's applicable with the GoG version too. Tested it myself and it works.

Like with JContainers, I'm going to wait another day or two to see if aers updates.

3 hours ago, tasairis said:

Like with JContainers, I'm going to wait another day or two to see if aers updates.

11 hours ago, CaramellSundoffe said:

It got yanked off of Nexus, not explanation of why, but...

6 hours ago, nomkaz said:

It got yanked off of Nexus, not explanation of why, but...

Doodlezoid commented on Reddit that someone has submitted an update to aers, so hopefully it'll be accepted soon. (Which is the exact same thing that happened with JContainers.)

Hiding the mod and saying it's "obsolete and should no longer be used" makes more sense if you realize people will be reading that after aers's updates. Would be nice if it wasn't hidden yet but oh well.

11 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Doodlezoid commented on Reddit that someone has submitted an update to aers, so hopefully it'll be accepted soon. (Which is the exact same thing that happened with JContainers.)

Hiding the mod and saying it's "obsolete and should no longer be used" makes more sense if you realize people will be reading that after aers's updates. Would be nice if it wasn't hidden yet but oh well.

And now the last thing I have to wait for is good ol Po3's stuff. Hope they're doing good.

Just a huge thanks to @tasairis and everyone else who keeps this topic alive and updated regularly. You all are doing god's work. :)

Also, not sure if anyone already posted this, but CBP Physics has been updated as "CBPC - Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR" and supports 1.6.640. Link
Optional files support additional Body Forms: 3BBB, 3BA, etc.

Additionally, HDT-SMP seems to have changed slightly as hydrogensaysHDT retired, and released the source code... It seems that has been updated for 1.6.640 as well under the name: "FSMP - Faster HDT-SMP" Link

I learned to read, and see that those are already listed in the section below. >.>

Edited by shiftbitlogic
17 minutes ago, shiftbitlogic said:

I learned to read, and see that those are already listed in the section below. >.>

Correct ;) But I'm slowly making adjustments like delisting mods that aren't relevant anymore. Such as CBP. So that'll go away at some point.

Sorry if this is not the right place for this but I figured that this is the most to date information currently to my knowledge.

So I have been trying to figure out what is wrong. The situation is this: Sexlab seems to work in the FNIS and the MCM seem to say that Sexlab is working but I do not have the two spells that you get. So I do not have any real idea on what went wrong when I updated the relevant mods. 

5 hours ago, kingofthenorth9 said:

Sorry if this is not the right place for this but I figured that this is the most to date information currently to my knowledge.

Did you consider the thread for SexLab itself?

5 hours ago, kingofthenorth9 said:

So I have been trying to figure out what is wrong. The situation is this: Sexlab seems to work in the FNIS and the MCM seem to say that Sexlab is working but I do not have the two spells that you get. So I do not have any real idea on what went wrong when I updated the relevant mods. 

SexLab doesn't give you those debug spells by default anymore. You can still get them, but they are debug spells that you should not be using unless you want to debug SexLab.

I doubt you want to debug SexLab.

If you want spells then use MatchMaker.

5 hours ago, tasairis said:

Did you consider the thread for SexLab itself?

SexLab doesn't give you those debug spells by default anymore. You can still get them, but they are debug spells that you should not be using unless you want to debug SexLab.

I doubt you want to debug SexLab.

If you want spells then use MatchMaker.

Thank you for the clarification about the spells.