SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

5 hours ago, In5inite said:

Where are people putting their energies as we wait for the great patch updates?

I haven't had to deal with game updates since 2019. I did update from SKSE 2.0.17 to 2.0.19 and 2.0.20 since the incompatibility with mods was almost non-existent.

Avoiding Steam updates and using the downgrade patcher is a good remedy if you weren't prepared. All you need to do is keep in mind which version you have vs the version required by skse plugins.

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

I haven't had to deal with game updates since 2019. I did update from SKSE 2.0.17 to 2.0.19 and 2.0.20 since the incompatibility with mods was almost non-existent.

Avoiding Steam updates and using the downgrade patcher is a good remedy if you weren't prepared. All you need to do is keep in mind which version you have vs the version required by skse plugins.

Really is it just rag on us caught of guard thread?

1 hour ago, SonsOLiberty said:

I'm not sure this would technically go on the tracking list as this is essential mod for a lot of people, it just got updated for the newest version.

Face Discoloration Fix at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Yeah, it's not exactly essential, it's more like a workaround for another problem: a mismatch between ESP load order and mod asset load order (eg. the left vs. right panes of MO2). Or perhaps a bug in a mod, in that the author touched an NPC without regenerating face files, but that's more readily fixable.

I had considered listing it a while back but decided against partly because of the above and partly because that list of non-LL mods is already longer than I want it to be.

53 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Yeah, it's not exactly essential, it's more like a workaround for another problem: a mismatch between ESP load order and mod asset load order (eg. the left vs. right panes of MO2). Or perhaps a bug in a mod, in that the author touched an NPC without regenerating face files, but that's more readily fixable.

I had considered listing it a while back but decided against partly because of the above and partly because that list of non-LL mods is already longer than I want it to be.

Understood :)

I only got it with Bijin series for some reason, nothing else of my 400 oddball mods. 

Fallout 4 it appears it's ugly head once in awhile, but save/load fixes it.

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 25 #7412) - SE 1.6.640 - ❌SL ✅DD ✅HDT ❌JC ✅PU 🔁RM
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 25 #7412) - SE 1.6.640 - ✅SL 1.65 ✅DD ✅HDT ❌JC ✅PU 🔁RM
Hi guys. I've taken the liberty of forking the repo and updating it to make it work with the latest version of Skyrim SE and SKSE. You can go here:
https://github.com/moraleja39/JContainers/releases/tag/v4.2.3
, download the 7z file and drop it into Vortex or whatever.

I've tested it a bit and seems to work fine (using AH Hotkeys). However I have never developed anything Skyrim-mod-related, so better backup your things and don't blame me for lost saves or your PC catching fire. Cheers!
Edited by roselove
5 hours ago, roselove said:

Looks like good news, but I want to wait a bit to see what happens with it before calling the mod updated.

edit: ryobg has accepted moraleja39's changes for 1.6.640 support so I think s/he will do an "official" update soon.

Edited by tasairis
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 25 #7412) - SE 1.6.640 - ✅SL 1.65 ✅DD ✅HDT 🔁JC ✅PU 🔁RM

New version for JContainers available on GitHub, which is currently labeled as pre-release but I imagine it's probably fine. That also means the number of other mods that depend on it, like Creature Framework and SLAL, can now work too.

Still a bunch of mods not updated for the new SKSE stuff, but at least the "core" LoversLab experience, so to speak, is available for 640.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:20 AM, ebbluminous said:

It's not ragging, just use the downgrader on Nexus.

The first of these two updates caught me out, downgraded, been golden since :)

Yeah first no one said that they were all just like, "Well I never patch."

Secondly crap did that downgrader destroy ALL the mods... and I just didn't feel like downloading mods specific to the build that's 2 behind the build I started modding in. :)

On 9/24/2022 at 7:39 AM, Just Don't said:

Telling you the recommended approach and current solutions to your issue is not ragging on you. If you weren't prepared take this as a learning experience and move on.

Again,

the posts I responded to were not that but this is so off topic.

So Todd did it again, Skyrim Special/Anniversary is now available on GOG.

Sounds kind of promising? SKSE and Address Library are also available, so maybe any mod made for Steam Address Library 1.6.629/1.6.640 will work on GOG 1.6.659 straight out of the box.

I wonder about other tools... FNIS have that weird check in the Windows registries to know if the user's game is legit or not, right? Maybe it will detects GOG version as a pirate and refuses to run.

Vortex/ModOrganizer needs an update.

57 minutes ago, Bellona said:

So Todd did it again, Skyrim Special/Anniversary is now available on GOG.

Sounds kind of promising? SKSE and Address Library are also available, so maybe any mod made for Steam Address Library 1.6.629/1.6.640 will work on GOG 1.6.659 straight out of the box.

I wonder about other tools... FNIS have that weird check in the Windows registries to know if the user's game is legit or not, right? Maybe it will detects GOG version as a pirate and refuses to run.

Vortex/ModOrganizer needs an update.

FNIS will likely see the lack of the game being installed from steam and then will assume it's a pirated copy.

DRM is great, isn't it? 

1 hour ago, CaramellSundoffe said:

For some reason (with latest Papyrus extender/util, Papyrus Tweaks and po3's Spellperkitem distribution) all from Nexus, MO2 can't load the .dll's because they don't support version  1.6.629 yet. So they're forcibly disabled unless you can tell me how to go around that. 

SkyrimSE_Xu8AUGaWx0.png

Papyrus, the scripting language used by Skyrim, is working just fine. It isn't related to your problem.

Congratulations: your game has updated, either to 1.6.629 or the current version 1.6.640. All your old SKSE mods won't work, and will continue to not work until (1) the authors update their mods and (2) you go out to Nexus to download them.

po3's Tweaks is not updated yet, so probably neither are their other mods.

Either you downgrade to whatever version of Skyrim you were on before, or you want until the mods are updated.