SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

57 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

So... PPR *should* already be compatible. I can't test it, since when I loaded Steam earlier, it updated to AE (while having it set up to "only when I launch...) and I can't be arsed to revert right now. So if anyone is using PPR and it works with the latest AE, let us know?

I've wrestled with how to handle PPR in the list before. I'll just drop the requirement on SKSE entirely.

DynDOLOD (versions 2 and 3) and DynDOLOD Resources (2 and 3) have been updated. From personal experience, I can say that DynDOLOD 3, though still in alpha stage, is a massive improvement and safe to use for LOD generation. If you want to "upgrade" to version 3, be sure to READ THE MANUAL, because things have changed significantly!

List now accounts for all LE mods with >=110k downloads (4.2%).

Edited by tasairis
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Nov 25 #6683) - SE 1.6.323, SKSE 2.1.3, most mods not updated

I've been using Nusbie's Voices for ages in SSE<= 1.5.97 and it's perfect. You have it flagged with a question mark. The version I have comes in 2 7z archives and the contents seem to be dated 2014 and 2015, so they were no doubt intended for Oldrim. However, they contain only scripts, sound files and an esp plugin, none of which require any conversion for SSE. I may or may not have updated the plugin to Form Type 44, but who cares? It Just Works™.

Of course now with the weekly AE game-breakers from Bethrosoft, who knows what works any more? Thankfully, I was among the players who knew this was coming (because I can read :classic_wacko: ) and hence have a full backup AND am blocking SSE updates (by renaming the asc Manifest file, tricking Steam into thinking SSE is not installed) and so I'm just chugging happily along, enjoying SSE as always and trying to help those who somehow managed not to get the word until too late.

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I've been using Nusbie's Voices for ages in SSE<= 1.5.97 and it's perfect. You have it flagged with a question mark. The version I have comes in 2 7z archives and the contents seem to be dated 2014 and 2015, so they were no doubt intended for Oldrim. However, they contain only scripts, sound files and an esp plugin, none of which require any conversion for SSE. I may or may not have updated the plugin to Form Type 44, but who cares? It Just Works™.

? I'll amend that into the update I did earlier. 

Is XMPSE dead in the Anniversary Edition? I keep getting the "XPMSE Skeleton: 0.000000 : Groovtama: you failed do it again!" error in the MCM menu. (I use FNIS, btw)

I saw SexLab was compatible again, so I installed any mod from the compatible list to see if I could play a scene, but it just causes a CTD the moment the scene is supposed to start, i figured it might have something to do with the above?

I don't understand why so many people are having so many problems with the AE update. All I did was change my game folder name, changed the file paths in MO2, and let the AE update go which installed a whole new game folder, leaving my current game just fine. No need to edit anything else, no need to rollback etc. I even installed a separate MO2 so I can update mods as they go. Now when everything gets updated for AE, I'm ready to go.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 113149.png

Screenshot 2021-11-26 112616.png

1 hour ago, dovahnurse said:

Is XMPSE dead in the Anniversary Edition? I keep getting the "XPMSE Skeleton: 0.000000 : Groovtama: you failed do it again!" error in the MCM menu. (I use FNIS, btw)

I saw SexLab was compatible again, so I installed any mod from the compatible list to see if I could play a scene, but it just causes a CTD the moment the scene is supposed to start, i figured it might have something to do with the above?

If you have the MCM  for XPMSE installed, or have it configured to use Racemenu/ECE, then of course it's broken. All these depend on the SKEE.dll, and racemenu has not yet been updated for AE. Reinstall XPMSE to just be the skeleton, or ignore the error until racemenu is updated.

2 hours ago, dovahnurse said:

Also, don't forget to install this mod: XPMSSE scripts fixed

*EDIT* That won't fix the current mod-brokenness, but it will fix the scripts that have been broken for ages.

Edited by Vachnic
4 hours ago, zarantha said:

If you have the MCM  for XPMSE installed, or have it configured to use Racemenu/ECE, then of course it's broken. All these depend on the SKEE.dll, and racemenu has not yet been updated for AE. Reinstall XPMSE to just be the skeleton, or ignore the error until racemenu is updated.

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't the solution, unfortunately. I'll just hold off for now.

3 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Some of the mods got updated pretty quick, but without Jcontainers and Fuz-Ro-Doh, my mod list will not work for the most parts....

It is amazing how many times times that breed of animal the (Human Sheep Monkey) has been told that most mods will not work with AE and to hold off on the update until certain core mods are working. The human sheep monkey destroys everything in its path. 

Edited by BigOnes69
3 hours ago, incognito-marsupial said:

Hey dudes!

I'm seeing that SOS is in the "updated/working" list, but it's not working for the AE version, it needs to be updated, found several comments about it in the download post, could you please move it to the "broken" list.

Thanks in advance and also thanks for creating this follow up post

There's a patch linked that makes it compatible. It's not part of the official SOS mod, since that one seems to have been abandoned by the OG dev.

I've relied on this golden gem of a page for some time.

But...it's really getting confusing now.  For example, scanning down the list I see the SE version of SLAL is in red with an X beside it. Saying it is broken.

But I'm using it happily in SE.

So, do I I assume that's broken for AE?

I appreciate it is very hard to keep this work going. Maybe a second main page for AE might be in order?

1 hour ago, Bluegunk said:

I've relied on this golden gem of a page for some time.

But...it's really getting confusing now.  For example, scanning down the list I see the SE version of SLAL is in red with an X beside it. Saying it is broken.

But I'm using it happily in SE.

So, do I I assume that's broken for AE?

I appreciate it is very hard to keep this work going. Maybe a second main page for AE might be in order?

AE and SE are the same game. The list is doing the same thing as it did with past updates which is show things according to the most recent update (1.6.323). I'll admit it's a bit confusing because lots of people are still on 1.5 while a lot of things aren't working with 1.6.

Can I alleviate some of the confusion by adding something in large print saying that the various s and s and all are based on 1.6?