Do you think Wicked Whims saved the Sims 4?

I bought the base game but I was disappointed by its limitations when it came to alternative or unconventional relationships. So WickedWhims really did save it for me, in terms of making me want to play it. If it were not for WickedWhims, I would not be able to make my ideal pairing in the game exactly the way I wanted. I'm not buying any expansion packs or anything because of the fact that sims didn't have what I wanted in the first place. So I'm not going to support the makers of the original game cause they didn't care enough to be truly inclusive, but I would gladly donate to WickedWhims if I have money because that's the mod that really made me happy. I despise the fakeness of the regular sims game and how pathetically limited it is. I wish they would make one for teens separately and make an adult-oriented Sims game where there are no limits just like the way WickedWhims did things. That way no one has to worry about whether or not something is "appropriate" for teens.  

• 4 months later...

Luckily I bought TS4 on a 50% off sale, no spiral staircases, no diving boards, no open world, no world editor, etc., etc.

Graphics are better and it's not as buggy as TS3 was but that's about it. 

If not for the mods, including WW, I probably would not be still playing.

TS3 was far better with game play even without any mods, but the mods did help it out later on.  

I wouldn't have bought or played the Sims 4 past the disappointing demo if it wasn't for Wicked Whims, because I already owned everything for Sims 3 and Sims 4 added literally nothing to my experience (the one exception came down the line when they added the gender customization options, but even as a trans person that wouldn't have been enough to convince me to switch). In fact, all it did was take away from the options I already had due to lack of content at release.

Wicked Whims saved the game for me by transforming it into something different - a sex game, instead of a life sim game. I couldn't get that anywhere else, not with a similarly custom experience (custom character, dating sim aspects, huge variety in animations, etc.). Sims 4 has finally (almost) caught up to Sims 3 in terms of content, so it's now a complete enough game to serve both purposes for me.

So I dunno about people in general, but if it wasn't for Wicked Whims I would still be playing Sims 3. It absolutely saved Sims 4 for me.

Thousands of hours in TS1 and TS2.. I skipped TS3. I bought TS4 because of WW.

VERY disappointed in the limitations of TS4 (world/lot/neighborhood size) - but I have bought some DLC.

I don't play with many mods at all (UI cheats and FBD) but I doubt I'd play it without WW+animations.

• 1 month later...

Nah, just because WickedWhims is a successful mod does not mean that it is necessarily a profit gainer for EA as well. I mean, sure, people out there might learn that there is a game called The Sins 4 where you can make humans the way you want them and have them fucked afterwards with a mod, but why should they bother buying it instead of pirating it?

The game has a notorious reputation of being a shameless cashgrab through using shitty shenanigans so that the foolish enough who are "thrilled to see their favorite series thrive and prosper" hand their money to EA for a literal sack of poo.

If anything, Wicked Whims only increases the amount of piracy since people who would have otherwise never touched the game either due to The Sims 4 being shity or because they never took an interest in life sims will now find a reason to get it: enacting their sexual fantasies. They are not getting The Sims 4 because of The Sims 4's quality (as if it had any) but for Wicked Whims.

Now, as for all these teen girls who think they are "Liek, so cool" because they stream videos with sex mods installed in the game, I'd say that this is because of the basic bitch syndrome many teen girls are afflicted from but I shall not judge since even this way they help the mod gain visibility, which means even more piracy and even more profit for Turbo, which translates to even more motivation for Turbo not to give up the mod and keep creating stuff.

Also, EA adding sex in The Sims is really unlikely since, considering how money hungry they are, you think they would sacrifice a wider audience for a 18+ only consumer pool?

But also because if they made it sexual, then they would attract a massive flock of people who would be there just for the sexual aspects of the game, meaning that in the end it would perhaps end up getting turned into Second Life.

It made me play TS4 again. As a big fan of TS1 and TS2, I despised TS3. I fell for the hype of TS4 and was subsequently let down with each new EP or GP or whatever they were throwing out at us. It’s pretty for sure, but it lacks the uniqueness of what made the first two iterations fun for me to play. I first came across Tits and Arse stuff about a week ago and put it into my TS2 game and LOVED it. That paired with my new found love for the ACR mid made my game crazy to play. A few days ago I found out TS4 had Whicked Whims. Let me tell you, I’ve played this game more than I have in the past few days than I have for the whole year. Haha, of course it’s fun to see my simself in compromising positions, but it helps tell the story I’m creating for my little town. 

Did for me, don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing Sims 4, but after awhile it got stale. Adding WW spiced it up. Same with Skyrim, I could not play it without sex mods again. I tried removing WW from Sims 4 awhile ago, I forget why and played it vanilla and it just felt like it was missing something. Was just like, yay... my sims are woohooing... nope, going to have them have sex the right way.

WW and basemental drug. As good as the adult mods for sims 3 were (are), they are the only thing that I miss there. It really makes me wonder when I will finally see different penis sizes for WW, not in the form of 50 different downloads, but one penis to rule them (and randomize them for some xtra thrill) all. I'm not even asking for penis physics, even though they should be the law since the Schlongs of Skyrim.

I agree with a few previous posters that all modding in general helped a ton. I don't know if we can saved because there a lot of people who enjoy playing an umodded Sims game. Overall gameplay I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4 but I'm willing to take the tradeoff of not starting my game being able to cook dinner and my game has yet to load (Sims 3). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 6:13 AM, moanforme said:

The whole Mod-Community saved Sims in general. I feel like at least 75% of the community would have left these games without all these awesome mods. WW is really fun and gives us adults a lot of cool little features but it somewhat builds up on a lot of other cool mods that make this game playable in the first place. I couldn't imagine just having WW in my game tbh, so yeah.

This. This is true.

I, myself, certainly think WW helped an awful lot, though. The mod actually adds mechanics that don't just involve sex. But again, mods in general fixed (to a point) the absolute train-wreck that is TS4.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, moanforme said:

The whole Mod-Community saved Sims in general. I feel like at least 75% of the community would have left these games without all these awesome mods. WW is really fun and gives us adults a lot of cool little features but it somewhat builds up on a lot of other cool mods that make this game playable in the first place. I couldn't imagine just having WW in my game tbh, so yeah.

THIS.

I think yes... Modding in general have saved it, but ww and rd mostly. For me, at least. In the beginning it was the shittiest game of the series. It even had no swimming pools and still has no vehicle system, Carl!!! Upgraded chargen helped nothing. But now... It's absolutely different thing. 

one simple HELL YA!!!! can't play without it tho, but the game himself start to get boring bc No Open World no matter how you try to play the result always ended up same but thanks to all those creative people out here who made such cool mods from clothing to furniture to SEX hahaahahah

Hola.

Yo creo que en parte si. Gracias a MODS y demás, han ayudado a EA a vendedor mas.

Sinceramente, no creo que un adolescente se gaste tanto dinero en expansiones de un juego ..., un adulto si, ya que los nacidos en los 80 o 90, crecieron junto a este juego y les crea nostalgia (por criado con este juego ) 

Los nacidos en 2000, hijo (creo) de otros juegos mas modernos.

Sí, EA vende una versión o expansión "+18"; SE FORRARÍA DE DINERO. Casi seguro. 

Podría pagar a los que hacen MODS ... ¿no creéis?

Hi.   I think in part yes. Thanks to MODS and others, they have helped EA to sell more.   Honestly, I do not think that a teenager spends so much money on expansions of a game ..., an adult does, since those born in the 80s or 90s, grew up next to this game and created them nostalgia (for raised with this game)   Those born in 2000, son (I think) of other more modern games.   Yes, EA sells a "+18" version or expansion; It would be lined with money. Almost sure.   I could pay those who do MODS ... don't you think?

12 hours ago, Yomismo45 said:

Hola.

Yo creo que en parte si.  Gracias a MODS y demás, han ayuda a EA a vender mas.

Sinceramente, no creo que un adolescente se gaste tanto dinero en expansiones de un juego..., un adulto si, ya que los nacidos en los 80 o 90, crecieron junto a este juego y les crea nostalgia (por haberse criado con este juego). 

Los nacidos en 2000, son (creo) de otros juegos mas modernos.

Y si, EA vendiera una versión o expansión "+18"; SE FORRARÍA DE DINERO. Casi seguro. 

Podría pagar a los que hacen MODS...  ¿no creéis?

Podrías escribir en inglés?

Recuerda, no todos entendemos el español

Gracias por pensar en los demás miembros de la comunidad ? ?

100% 

I found WW only three months ago and I wouldn't want to play without it now. I don't even want to update the game unless I'm sure WW will still work. It keeps me entertained and helps the sims stories immensely. 

Thank you SO much to all the mod creators! Your hard work is very much appreciated!

• 3 months later...

I normally play Looter-Shooters and other combat and strategy related MMORPG's. My daughter talked me into trying out Sims 4. After about a week, I had explored the limits of game and was fatally bored with the unrealistic, moralistically limited, children's game with only the build aspect being interesting and was about to consign it to the retired games folder. Then... I found out about Mods for the game. Chief among them being Wicked Whims and MCCC, not so much for the titillating aspects of sex, but that sex is simply part of life. Removing the morals based limitations and illogical blockages revived the game for me and thousands of play hours later, I continue to play it along with the various shooter games. So, yes, I think that Wicked Whims saved Sims 4.

• 3 years later...

In my honest opinion? Yes, by far. Not just wicked whims, but dirty mods in general like Basemental's drug mod. I don't remember the last time I played sims 4 unmodded, it's just dull without mods. Does EA honestly think we play the sims just to play vanilla? Nah, modders are the hidden savior of the sims 4. I can safely say that if I wanted to play the sims vanilla, i'd play fucking sims 3, it has a open world and you can do so much more.