• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, MalTheMediocre said:

I converted this to SE to play, and it works as far as giving the creatures shlongs, but I can't get any of the creatures to take part in animations. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I think you need the creatures framework. Also animations. Don't forget to check in the MCM the option for creatures

18 hours ago, MalTheMediocre said:

I converted this to SE to play, and it works as far as giving the creatures shlongs, but I can't get any of the creatures to take part in animations. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

try reregistering the animations.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I should try my hand at conversion and got an SE version mostly working. Only thing is that it breaks with older versions of MNC but I'm not sure if that's on my end.

I also created some patches to work with the one with nature mod.

BadDogBrumaCreature2.7z OneWithNatureBurmaPatch

EDIT: forgot to add a patch which sets the scale for all Bruma creatures to 1.000 (required by my OneWithNature patch)

MNCBurmaScaling.zip

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 10:29 PM, BluByt3 said:

I figured I should try my hand at conversion and got an SE version mostly working. Only thing is that it breaks with older versions of MNC but I'm not sure if that's on my end.

BadDogBrumaCreature2.7z 13.73 MB · 119 downloads OneWithNatureBurmaPatch 5.64 kB · 22 downloads

EDIT: forgot to add a patch which sets the scale for all Bruma creatures to 1.000 (required by my OneWithNature patch)

MNCBurmaScaling.zip 3.29 kB · 30 downloads

I installed your version but somehow all the creatures are missing their "assets"... Did I forget to do something? 

14 hours ago, PlayingOneHanded said:

I installed your version but somehow all the creatures are missing their "assets"... Did I forget to do something? 

I ended up having that problem occasionally as well - the main thing that seems to stop the creatures from registering is what version of CF you have. Make sure to download the separate creature framework, and not the one that comes bundled with MNC.

I might consider taking a look at redoing my conversion, now that I understand CF a bit more now - my original version was a pretty sloppy conversion that I've had quite a bit of trouble getting to work.

7 hours ago, BluByt3 said:

I ended up having that problem occasionally as well - the main thing that seems to stop the creatures from registering is what version of CF you have. Make sure to download the separate creature framework, and not the one that comes bundled with MNC.

I might consider taking a look at redoing my conversion, now that I understand CF a bit more now - my original version was a pretty sloppy conversion that I've had quite a bit of trouble getting to work.

Looks like CF is the culprit then because it acts buggy and never finishes the registering process...
Let's see if your conversion works after I fixed my CF :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I need some help.
I installed the Bruma creatures SE version, but the animation doesn't played.
When i tried using the matchmaker spell on a minotaur (gladiator, warrior,etc.) the spell fizzles and fails to effect the minotaur.
If i open the console, the following can read:
Validateactor (minotaur) - FALSE - This creature it's not supported.

How can i make it work?
One more thing:
In the creature framework, i can find the minotaur and next to showing the bad dog bruma setting. I don't know it helping something or not.

Seem to recall rebuilding the anim registry should fix that issue - if not, maybe try doing a clean from the SL MCM menu. If the dicks are working fine from CF, it's probably just that SL didn't pick up the mod's call to register the creatures with SL.

• 3 months later...

The SE conversion by Blubyt3 works for me (Skyrim VR), though I do notice that the stonecutter ogre and rats are missing their packages. I can't find those creature entries in the CF MCM after re-registering so that isn't surprising. This mod is fairly old so I assume those creatures have been added to Bruma since this mod was made.

Someone please let me know if that assumption is incorrect.

Edit: Upon further snooping, there are no meshes/textures for the rat included in the original mod, so my assumption was partially accurate. Nifscan did report that the SE ported files had redundant color information, but I do not think this a noticeable problem in-game.

Edit 2: More interestingly, I found that the ogre does gain his privates when starting a SL animation with matchmaker. However, CF only seems to equip animals in Bruma inconsistently. Even when they did get the spell, I could go in and disable the CF entry for them and have nothing change in game. I suspect something with the registration json is borked in the SE port.

Either way, great job on the mod!

Edited by NotARobotEither

I'm using the SE converted file and overall works good, however I'm getting CTDs when getting near certain Skeleton NPCs in Bruma. More specifically the Skeletons inside the Underpall Cave. Using the .Netscript framework logs I was able to pinpoint the skeleton.nif file as the main offender:

VersionInfo: Successfully loaded
Time: 28 Jul 2021 11:02:50.982

Possible relevant objects (3)
{
  [   0]    NiNode(Name: `draugrskeleton.nif`)
  [   1]    TESObjectARMO(FormId: C4000823, File: `BDBrumaCreatures.esp`)
  [   1]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: FF0013C6, BaseForm: TESObjectARMO(FormId: C4000823, File: `BDBrumaCreatures.esp`))
}

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FF7D9640035     (SkyrimSE.exe+290035)          TESObjectREFR::Load3D_28FD80+2B5
  [1]   0x7FF7D94F5E3B     (SkyrimSE.exe+145E3B)          QueuedReference::unk_145D70+CB
  [2]   0x7FF7D94F73F3     (SkyrimSE.exe+1473F3)          BackgroundProcessThread::Func1_1472F0+103
  [3]   0x7FF7D9FBD8AD     (SkyrimSE.exe+C0D8AD)          StartAddress_0_C0D870+3D
  [4]   0x7FFB55957034     (KERNEL32.DLL+17034)           
  [5]   0x7FFB567E2651     (ntdll.dll+52651)              
}

I tried to optimize the file using the NIFOptimizer, but the CTDs are still ocurring on the same location. If I disable the mod, the CTDs stop in that area.

Attaching the full log in case someone wants to take a look

Crash_2021_7_28_10-54-7.txt

• 4 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:29 PM, BluByt3 said:

BadDogBrumaCreature2.7z 13.73 MB · 324 downloads OneWithNatureBurmaPatch 5.64 kB · 76 downloads

MNCBurmaScaling.zip 3.29 kB · 91 downloads

Are these files still available anywhere? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...