Aether Suite SE

Aether Suite SE

A modern/futuristic location that hold many secrets for you to discover!

SecretPlasticCaecilian-max-14mb.gif.75d8487a26bf0cee0246d29868791f1a.gif

Welcome to the Aether Suite. A fancy name for the compilation of Halofarm's random imaginings over the past (insert far too large number here) of years, and a vague attempt to make it lore friendly. At least, about as lore friendly as a Japanese school and a cyberpunk town can get. More like lore accepting? Lore embracing? Trying its best not to offend lore in case lore stops calling it? Something like that.

The Aether Suite is made up of five modules:

Arclite Community College - An idealized representation of a Japanese school, as imagined by one very bored weeb. Comes in dry and rainy versions.
Knox - A medium sized cyberpunk setting, as imagined by one very bored geek.
Photographer's Studio - A studio designed specifically for the taking of character based screenshots.
Hot Springs Hotel - Onsen! More weebishness.
Back Rooms - Random Rooms for you to indulge your creative side. Your follower cannot travel to these rooms, and returning from them requires you to use the Aether Suite teleport to get back to the lobby.

Some clothing items in the Aether Suite use Equippable Transforms for their high heels. The requirement is not explicit, so it doesn't matter if you don't have it installed.

- Where to Enter -

Method #1

You'll find a spell tome poorly hidden under one of the beds in the upper level of the Hall of Attainment, in the College of Winterhold. Learn the spell, and zap yourself to the Aether Suite.

To get back, you must return to the lobby and activate the odd looking wall. This will take you to the Hall of Attainment.

ET.thumb.jpg.3757416a3c08f62e82de578551f13dff.jpg

MC1.thumb.jpg.6bdcbec2d03de8b4eac3df37e855135a.jpg

Method #2

Download Additemmenu SE or type help "Aether Suite" in the console for the book/spell ID

aaaa.thumb.jpg.f3504cc29b5bfea512402359e82af0a9.jpg

- Credits -

Halofarm for giving me the permission to share this awesome mod with you guys!

Please don't bother Halofarm via his own page about this SSE port!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/23/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Thanks for this conversation! It's really nice to have this is SE.

I noticed some little issues and I thought I report them:

In "knoxtheundergrind" down at the bottom there is a hidden switch behind the bar which makes the blue theme turn to red. It also adds some fences to the stage area. These fences are supposed to be transparent but they are solid blocks is SE. I've tried to manually replacing models and textures for these fances from the LE version, but it didn't help.

"knoxlilysaethernetdash" is a room where you can play with lighting by pressing switches. There are the "spinning caster" switches. When pressed they appear for a sec but their light disappears almost immediately.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for porting this. A couple of questions if you could please.

What compression did you use when you converted the textures?

I'm trying to troubleshoot the Arclite Torch. Works fine in Knox, but tends to cause a CTD when used in Skyrim. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the light being somewhat directional, but I'm not really sure. Any ideas?

Edit: It seems that the issue was that fact that the light on the flashlight was set to cast shadows. I set it to no shadows and it seemed to resolve the CTD.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:42 AM, Robo00 said:

Thanks for this conversation! It's really nice to have this is SE.

I noticed some little issues and I thought I report them:

In "knoxtheundergrind" down at the bottom there is a hidden switch behind the bar which makes the blue theme turn to red. It also adds some fences to the stage area. These fences are supposed to be transparent but they are solid blocks is SE. I've tried to manually replacing models and textures for these fances from the LE version, but it didn't help.

"knoxlilysaethernetdash" is a room where you can play with lighting by pressing switches. There are the "spinning caster" switches. When pressed they appear for a sec but their light disappears almost immediately.

The fence is the textures. There's a few of them like that, like the shower door and computer keyboards. The way I fixed it was to grab the textures from the Oldrim version and recompress them using DXT5. Seems to be the textures with transparencies that have the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BlueFenix said:

Replacing the texture with the LE version didn't help :dissapointed:

Maybe you could try resaving the texture as dxt5?

Yeah, You'll need to resave LE texture as dxt5. There's a few of them that need to be fixed. GIMP or paint.net can do it and are free. You'll need the DDS plugin for gimp though.

I think Andreis is using BC7 for his conversion.  

8 hours ago, TheWilloughbian said:

Yeah, You'll need to resave LE texture as dxt5. There's a few of them that need to be fixed. GIMP or paint.net can do it and are free. You'll need the DDS plugin for gimp though.

I think Andreis is using BC7 for his conversion.  

I use paint.net and the fact that the intel dds plugin isn't available for it drove me crazy, until I found this. It's a bit annoying having to rename the extension to ".dds2" every single time, but at least it works.

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 11:39 PM, bchick3 said:

What version of oldrim aether suite is this port of?  Is it 3.7.0?  or an earlier version?

On 8/2/2018 at 11:11 AM, TheWilloughbian said:

Pretty sure this is 3.7.0

Correct, the mod page contain screenshots of areas in 3.7.0 as well.

• 4 months later...

I made a supplemental file for Aether suite, for Another Sorting Mod 2019. Its main purpose is to rename (organize) many of Aethers obtainable items. It also improves items weights. Almost all  HoD items are re-formatted for ease of access and better sorting. Some keys, books, misc items are covered as well.

Current version > 3.8

If interested

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10?tab=description

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Andreis, 

I am wondering if you still have that CBBE bodyslide conversion for the outfits from SunJeong for Aethersuite? It would be amazing to have it it would be so immersive in my current playthrough. Would you be so kind and if you have it -share it? Many thanks in advance.