• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Ive been looking over the file, and I have taken note of some the numerous errors it contains. So just going to give a brief rundown on what they are.

-Not updated for USSEP.  [Affects] - College of Winterhold - Cell has wrong attributes as as result. *

-HoD [Affects-Clothing]. All clothing pretty much has the same weight regardless of whether it is a pair of paper-thin socks, or a heavy jacket. Naming conventions are not really consistent which can lead to inventory management problems (clutter) with Aether content not being grouped together in a coherent way.

-Navmeshing. Globally, the Navmeshing could be considered, rather poor overall. [Affects-NPCs]. Now, I realize that a counter to this would likely be: Well, Aether Suite is really meant to be a SOLO experience, and it is not  meant as a 'group' or NPC -friendly place. Fair enough, but the files cells are Navmeshed for followers all the same and does not change the fact, it is not well constructed in a lot Aether Suites locations.  

Specific errors noted: (so far). Could be others like this, but all I have atm.

-Faria's Aethernet Dash.: Aspen Trees from bottom floor poke through the 2nd floor, like all of them. They had to be resized downwards to fix this.

The White Room also suffers from this same issue. Fixed in most recent version.

-Yanabayaihsi? (sp?) Park:  Has an awkward entrance to the apartments off of this cell. Instead of proper doors and walls, it simply transitions you straight into an apartment. Maybe that will get looked at down the road, but for now, it is a little....odd to say the least. There are other spots where entrances to apartments  are handled the same way, so it is not  unique to the park.

-The undergrind:  Cell has an insane # of light sources and markers, which severely impact performance in the CK.  They need to be trimmed down somewhat. This area will get lights trimmed down, furniture re-arranged, and new navmesh.

Maps. Not updated since 3.5.0 (I know). But some of the existing maps, outdated or no, do not accurately align with the world. For example look at Knox2 map, and then compare that to the in-game map. A little off in terms of orientation and alignment. 

The CK complains (a lot), about > (Unknown Alpha Mode 4,2 (BSS shader.cpp line 255) to be exact. Not sure how important that is, but, likely something to do with the meshes and the SE engine, probably lighting? I am unclear on what the end - effect, if any this might have. What I can telll is, the meshes are not tuned for SSE specifically, thus, errors.

*This has been the case since 1.0, and I doubt it will ever be officially fixed.

Other issues 

Too many load doors. A lot of areas, have their own dedicated cells for what are often, pretty small -subareas, ie bathrooms and whatnot. The author has said this is for performance reasons, and since he continues to make this for Skyrim Classic and not SE, maybe there is some justification for this stance. However even classics outdated and cludgy engine, should be more than capable of handling Aethers content better than it currently does. I know that wont be changed either. The game engine can easily handle apartments entirely, w/o resorting to breaking them down into 3 separate cells. I am not sure how weak a system and GPU you have to be running to not be able load say, a bathroom or tiny hallway that then transitions to a room with several more tiny sub-rooms, each with their own dedicated cells. Regardless the mod suffers from more loading doors than it needs.

And yes, the lack of load screens is a definite plus to this file, I recognize this.

Perhaps a place like Aether Suite would function better with its own dedicated world space, rather than as an extension of the Tamriel one. That is a technical question I am not really qualified to answer. Maybe the current structure offers some advantages in terms of how it is set up that I am not aware of. 

Wish list.

It would nice if there was an option to make its wearables compatible with standard UNP and CBBE. I know the author wont do it, but, it would be a nice option all the same. Not sure how popular his custom UNP is, but, I wont be installing that just for Aether. 

The latest version of ASM-2019 Aether Suite has a replacement ESP, with fixes for *some* of the things mentioned here. It is a WIP.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 12:01 PM, sarahpetersonsarahpeterson said:

there is an update for this on nexusmods.... i count the original from here c.2020 had about 9000 files, the update seems to have 13000 and is larger

can anyone confirm the nexus version is actually new content/updated over this? the fucking retard has even changed the cell names and esp name

That's not an update, that's a rewrite by a different modmaker.  "Aether Suite" <> != =/= "Fort Knox"

And, yeah, it's considerably different.  I think Fort Knox is missing the quest hidden in Aether Suite, as well as the DJ, and I know the Warrens has been eliminated.  On the other hand, Fort Knox has NPCs and more content, whereas Aether Suite was creepily empty... and unnecessarily big (both still have too many loading screens).  They actually share a lot of things-you-can-add-to-your-inventory, but they are two different spaces (or sets of spaces).

Edited by qalavix
I can reanimate the dead, I can therefore reanimate the thread.
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, Plobi said:

I've found the texture that was causing these green doors but I'm not entirely sure if it's truly the culprit. I'll leave the texture replacer here, though.

Dirty fix.

Aether Suite SE green door fix.7z 1.48 MB · 71 downloads

Greetings mate! Could you please tell me what did you do to the texture file to fix this problem? I've also found another green object but have no idea how to fix the texture it uses.