Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone knows of any project that would bring differences between the sexes into the gameplay of Skyrim. Men are on average 70-100% stronger than women and so the warrior/adventurer lifestyle of the main character in Skyrim would be near impossible for almost any woman. I'm looking for a total overhaul of the game where a female character would have to get by using companions, wit or magic. Almost all female bandits, guards etc. would also have to go. 

 

I'm not asking about this in order to be disrespectful to women. Women have the incredible power to create life, something they should be endlessly proud about. This request is merely for the sake of spicing up gameplay and increasing immersion. (It would also allow for more skimpy clothing without the objection that it "wouldn't be practical for fighting" ;))

Link to comment

There is no single way to do this, that I'm aware of, but there are some things you can use to cobble the effect together.  For instance, Chivalry removes all female bandits (although it won't always work on mods that add npc's, such as OBIS).

 

edit: Then, of course, there is Sexist and Derogatory Guards which will make everyone quite sexist, although there will still be female guards.

 

I don't know of a mod to remove female guards, but apparently you can use TES5Edit to go through the leveled lists and change them. I've never done that, so I can't vouch for its effectiveness. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, winny257 said:

Ha, there are no strong women, some are stronger than men, especially in real life.
and some men do not like strong women, for them every woman must be weak. lol

  Reveal hidden contents

968401898.jpg

 

I don't have a problem with strong female characters, in fact I love them if they're done right, it's just that what it means to be strong is different for women than it is for men. I for instance love the old tomb raider games; you could tell that even though Lara was in some terrifying situations, she loved every second of it and kept coming back for more. Lara was fearless and powerful, but she still wouldn't be able to beat the average guy in hand to hand combat. The fact of the matter is that women are weaker than men, because they have a much more important role than killing. While men can kill people, women can create people, and that's pretty damn incredible. 

 

Also here's a video of the strongest woman in the world being beaten at arm wrestling by an average guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF-YeWnIJfU

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, The yellow apple said:

I don't have a problem with strong female characters, in fact I love them if they're done right, it's just that what it means to be strong is different for women than it is for men. I for instance love the old tomb raider games; you could tell that even though Lara was in some terrifying situations, she loved every second of it and kept coming back for more. Lara was fearless and powerful, but she still wouldn't be able to beat the average guy in hand to hand combat. The fact of the matter is that women are weaker than men, because they have a much more important role than killing. While men can kill people, women can create people, and that's pretty damn incredible. 

 

Also here's a video of the strongest woman in the world being beaten at arm wrestling by an average guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF-YeWnIJfU

it was only a fun, :classic_smile: but do not deceive yourself in the women, I suspect my life experience is higher than yours (age).
small example: Do you know a man who crashed an entire kingdom without force of arms?
I not, but every attractive woman is capable of doing so. :classic_wink:

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, jfraser said:

There is no single way to do this, that I'm aware of, but there are some things you can use to cobble the effect together.  For instance, Chivalry removes all female bandits (although it won't always work on mods that add npc's, such as OBIS).

 

edit: Then, of course, there is Sexist and Derogatory Guards which will make everyone quite sexist, although there will still be female guards.

This looks interesting, but maybe I should clarify. I'm not looking to make the people themselves more sexist, but more the biology itself. The reason women shouldn't be guards isn't because of sexism, but because they would be outclassed by their male counterparts and because they are too valuable to let die.

 

Chivalry looks promising, although removing female forsworn doesn't make sense to me. The forsworn are a self sufficient people so they'd need women. Maybe a mod where women run away from combat, save for the most dire circumstances (I.e all men have been killed). Like run for your lives except with almost all women.

Link to comment

Really cool to get so many responses in such a short amount of time! It's great to see other people are interested in this topic as well.

 

5 minutes ago, winny257 said:

Do you know a man who crashed an entire kingdom without force of arms?
I not, but every attractive woman is capable of doing so. :classic_wink:

That's more or less what I meant when I said that women and men are strong in different ways. These kinds of advantages for women would also be a cool addition to the game.

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, The yellow apple said:

This looks interesting, but maybe I should clarify. I'm not looking to make the people themselves more sexist, but more the biology itself. The reason women shouldn't be guards isn't because of sexism, but because they would be outclassed by their male counterparts and because they are too valuable to let die.

 

Chivalry looks promising, although removing female forsworn doesn't make sense to me. The forsworn are a self sufficient people so they'd need women. Maybe a mod where women run away from combat, save for the most dire circumstances (I.e all men have been killed). Like run for your lives except with almost all women.

maybe the forsworn just keep their women hidden. ;)

 

although, in truth, i didn't realize that mod removed those. i thought it was just bandits. clearly i haven't look at it in awhile. 

 

edit: the forsworn one is an optional separate mod.

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, jfraser said:

maybe the forsworn just keep their women hidden. ;)

 

although, in truth, i didn't realize that mod removed those. i thought it was just bandits. clearly i haven't look at it in awhile. 

 

edit: the forsworn one is an optional separate mod.

Yeah, I'll probably end up using the bandit only version, but it would also make sense to some degree for bandits to have women with them as well, possibly with varying degrees of consent, for doing stuff other than fighting. Even if you're a bandit the majority of your time will be spent not fighting, and women would be just as good at all the other stuff.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, The yellow apple said:

Yeah, I'll probably end up using the bandit only version, but it would also make sense to some degree for bandits to have women with them as well, possibly with varying degrees of consent, for doing stuff other than fighting. Even if you're a bandit the majority of your time will be spent not fighting, and women would be just as good at all the other stuff.

true, but those women would be in armor and would attack.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, The yellow apple said:

Really cool to get so many responses in such a short amount of time! It's great to see other people are interested in this topic as well.

 

That's more or less what I meant when I said that women and men are strong in different ways. These kinds of advantages for women would also be a cool addition to the game.

Spoiler

man-walked-like-dog.jpg

 

female Dovahkiin leads Balgruuf on the leash. lachende-smileys-347.gif

Link to comment

LOL, Winny!

 

If you want to be historically realistic, some women were trained to wear armor and fight. The Norse trained their women to fight in defensive to defend themselves and their home, with sword and shield- hence Shield Maiden. The Samurai class trained their women to defend themselves with long reach weapons such as the naginata. Though I'm sure some of them learned the katana well. And the old Germanic tribes had let some women who proved worthy to fight with axes, which freaked out the Romans. Maybe women will attack if the men have fallen?

 

There's been a lot of outliers throughout history, too, such as pirates, and Samurai, it's whatever how much outlier you want to go. Maybe use the no female bandits or the no female Forsworn. And a mod like Run for your Lives, where all non combatant NPCs flee battle from dragons, except for all combat if there is such a mod. Though, I think in Skyrim, everyone will be ready to fight on the home front, like the Norse.

Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

LOL, Winny!

 

If you want to be historically realistic, some women were trained to wear armor and fight. The Norse trained their women to fight in defensive to defend themselves and their home, with sword and shield- hence Shield Maiden. The Samurai class trained their women to defend themselves with long reach weapons such as the naginata. Though I'm sure some of them learned the katana well. And the old Germanic tribes had let some women who proved worthy to fight with axes, which freaked out the Romans. Maybe women will attack if the men have fallen?

 

There's been a lot of outliers throughout history, too, such as pirates, and Samurai, it's whatever how much outlier you want to go. Maybe use the no female bandits or the no female Forsworn. And a mod like Run for your Lives, where all non combatant NPCs flee battle from dragons, except for all combat if there is such a mod. Though, I think in Skyrim, everyone will be ready to fight on the home front, like the Norse.

I don't really believe the notion that women ever accounted for a larger than negligible portion of any armed force throughout history. Mostly due to the logistics of expending women as soldiers not making sense, but also to a large degree because of sexist attitudes in the past. Most articles I've read about "female vikings" or other female warriors have been exaggerations and usually bend the facts to fit a narrative. There certainly were individual examples of women fighting in history, but they are few and far between. 

 

It really comes down to this: If an enemy is attacking you, and you have a grenade in one hand and a gold bar in the other, which one do you throw? Men are like grenades, powerful but expendable. They're made to die. Women are like the gold bar, not very good in battle, but immensely valuable to society.

 

As I said, it would be cool if female forsworn or bandit wenches would fight as a last ditch effort, but only if they have nothing to lose.

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, The yellow apple said:

I don't really believe the notion that women ever accounted for a larger than negligible portion of any armed force throughout history. Mostly due to the logistics of expending women as soldiers not making sense, but also to a large degree because of sexist attitudes in the past. Most articles I've read about "female vikings" or other female warriors have been exaggerations and usually bend the facts to fit a narrative. There certainly were individual examples of women fighting in history, but they are few and far between. 

 

It really comes down to this: If an enemy is attacking you, and you have a grenade in one hand and a gold bar in the other, which one do you throw? Men are like grenades, powerful but expendable. They're made to die. Women are like the gold bar, not very good in battle, but immensely valuable to society.

 

As I said, it would be cool if female forsworn or bandit wenches would fight as a last ditch effort, but only if they have nothing to lose.

That's what "outlier" means. Not a significant amount. If you don't prefer a female Lydia, and house carls like her, there's male replacer mods.

 

The Norse and Samurai trained their women to defend themselves as a last resort, much the same way men today teach their wives and daughters to shoot. Perhaps a mod to make females less aggressive? It's kind of annoys me that female characters in civilian clothes, so to speak, and sedentary males, come running after you with a knife when you have a flaming weapon of doom and full deadric armor when they should be fleeing, at least getting out of your way.

 

It's your game, your options, I'm just trying to give you some ideas, some suggestions. I don't know if you can get to Skyrim to 0% female combatants, due to how it is set up and written. It's not like II Worlds (another of my favorite games) that has only a male protagonists and no females in armor and arms, and maybe two female wizards who happen to be awesome.

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Daedric_Cat said:

LOL, Winny!

 

If you want to be historically realistic, some women were trained to wear armor and fight. The Norse trained their women to fight in defensive to defend themselves and their home, with sword and shield- hence Shield Maiden. The Samurai class trained their women to defend themselves with long reach weapons such as the naginata. Though I'm sure some of them learned the katana well. And the old Germanic tribes had let some women who proved worthy to fight with axes, which freaked out the Romans. Maybe women will attack if the men have fallen?

 

I know that there have always been female fighters and I know that some were very effective and famous.

especially Amazons were very warlike. :classic_wink:

full.jpgBPYvmnvCIAELRtb.jpg

https://cellurizon.de/krieger-amazonen-first-look-auf-gal-gadot-und-ihre-girl-gang-in-wonder-woman/

 

Spoiler

female-warriors-14027426.jpg4-Semiramis.jpg

 

Top 10 famous female warriors

http://www.listverse.info/top-10-famous-female-warriors/

Link to comment
1 hour ago, The yellow apple said:

I don't really believe the notion that women ever accounted for a larger than negligible portion of any armed force throughout history. Mostly due to the logistics of expending women as soldiers not making sense, but also to a large degree because of sexist attitudes in the past. Most articles I've read about "female vikings" or other female warriors have been exaggerations and usually bend the facts to fit a narrative. There certainly were individual examples of women fighting in history, but they are few and far between. 

 

look once, this is one way to train women for combat (earlier) without She being in immediate danger.

 

vikings-season-4b-premiere-date.jpg?w=625-1512891325099-1512892043866-450x270.jp

Link to comment

There's women in there I haven't even heard of!

 

There was also Eleanor of Aquitaine who suited up in armor and went to join her husband in the Crusades. And Tomoe Gozen, Samurai. Perhaps some of these have been exaggerated. But historical accounts tend to exaggerate every one.

 

There were also Anne Bonny and Mary Read, pirates, who stayed up on deck, guns blazing away, while the men cowered below decks when the Royal Navy surrounded them.

Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Daedric_Cat said:

There's women in there I haven't even heard of!

 

There was also Eleanor of Aquitaine who suited up in armor and went to join her husband in the Crusades. And Tomoe Gozen, Samurai. Perhaps some of these have been exaggerated. But historical accounts tend to exaggerate every one.

 

There were also Anne Bonny and Mary Read, pirates, who stayed up on deck, guns blazing away, while the men cowered below decks when the Royal Navy surrounded them.

All these women are well known to me, especially the last Two, there is even a monument.

f11951e993bc2193a3c835ea83b1ca3e.jpg

https://storify.com/16prockhold/anne-bonny-mary-read


Bonnie and Clyde also very famous and she was freezing cold.

14446bd12b1874dae1bb99e79f288a86.jpg

Link to comment
5 hours ago, winny257 said:

I know that there have always been female fighters and I know that some were very effective and famous.

especially Amazons were very warlike. :classic_wink:

Amazons weren't real, they're a Greek myth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qow7RCAqHdc.

 

But yes, there have been women who have fought through history. But since there have been approximately 50 billion women on this planet, you bringing me a top ten list of names is not really satisfactory to prove your point. Look, I don't have a problem with you modding your games with physically strong, melee based female characters (hell, I've done that myself in a few playlists) I'm just looking to mod my game the way I want to, and you can mod yours differently.

Link to comment
19 hours ago, winny257 said:

Ha, there are no strong women, some are stronger than men, especially in real life.
and some men do not like strong women, for them every woman must be weak. lol

 

hqdefault.jpgbfcf823e1569533bab2e04185a7c7582--strong

  Reveal hidden contents

968401898.jpg

 

The one to the right isn't a woman. It's a freak. Aside from a few rare examples, women didn't become warriors during old times. They were at home taking care of the children. It's not misogynistic to want it in your game. It's called realism.

Link to comment

I know only of one such mod and that Disparity. It adds small differences between genders, like females being weaker in fistfights but better at persuading the opposite sex. Differnt carry weights and speed. Everything is optional.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, The yellow apple said:

Amazons weren't real, they're a Greek myth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qow7RCAqHdc.

 

But yes, there have been women who have fought through history. But since there have been approximately 50 billion women on this planet, you bringing me a top ten list of names is not really satisfactory to prove your point. Look, I don't have a problem with you modding your games with physically strong, melee based female characters (hell, I've done that myself in a few playlists) I'm just looking to mod my game the way I want to, and you can mod yours differently.

I'm sorry, of course you can modify your game the way you want it, I make after all also.
I for example, use in every game (if possible) only female characters, I hate the arrogance of the male character. :classic_smile:

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...