Muscle textures for HGEC

farlibarcai

Hi MissAmber. DogOnPorch told me I could make a request for you. As the title says, I'm looking for muscle textures for HGEC, specially abdominal ones.
I tried to make my own, sculpting and baking normals in Blender, but anatomy isn't really my think and the result was awful.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Okay let me chime in here before Fejeena does. LOVE YOU FEJEENA!

Baking normals with blender FOR Oblivion is all kinds of bad.

I, when it comes to making normals do it FROM the texture isself as a hight map normal.

That's what most HGEC normals are. Like for example if you looked at an HGEC body vs... Idk and Akaviri shield. Dramatic difference.

My texture work is apprentice- journey-woman at best but I can presumptively layer a picture of the Desired abdominal muscles OVER the HGEC texture and bake a normal of it as well.

Tell you what babe. Post some pictures of your ideal abs and I will see what I can do.

I have to literally see what you desire or I'm swinging in the dark and may not be able to make what you would like.

I'm kinda flattered that you would come to me!

Let's see what I can do for ya Hun.

@farlibarcai

19 minutes ago, TheRealMissAmber said:

@DogOnPorch

:tongue: oh, you.

Dog gone porch!

The hands are truly a success...at least for normal humanoids. Dark elves...Orcs...Argonians, etc...might need unique versions tinted appropriately. The trick is to not install them into _male but rather Bombshell, of course. Without SetBody, a lot of this work would be rather pointless. But, I assume 90% of the remaining Oblivion users have it.

Thanks!

It's mostly about looking for already existing normal maps with toned muscles. I've seen some -old- pics on nexus

My goal is to have something like this (nothing extreme, actually, just fit girl to match the character I have in Skyrim ) But I'm looking for a really strong map so I can reduce it until I get what I like

Spoiler

3KPdD0t.jpg

There is nothing wrong with imgur you just need to get the imgur workaround that prevents imgur from blocking anything from their site being linked here on the site. The addon works for both firefox and chrome.

@TheRealMissAmber @farlibarcai

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56018-workaround-for-imgur-images-not-loading-chrome-firefox/

For oblivion muscle's are done through the mesh itself unlike skyrim where it does it's muscle stuff using a texture file. You probably could make a HGEC body with mild muscle tones.

@myuhinny

I use referer control, actually. But most people here don't know about it and I got used to post pics hosted in imgur for some stupid reason.

I know this may not be the right place to ask this but, Do you know how to post full-scale pics with the new LL version?

Whenever I post something the pic is tiny and needs to be open as a slideshow. My old posts don't look like this.

@myuhinny

It's probably just me in always on Lovers on my cell. In sure if I were in a PC it would not be an issue. 

I get that muscles are don't in the mesh but that don't mean it can be done with a texture and normal right.

The baling with blender and normals (as their primary purpose) is to give off height information and shadows on a low poly mesh.

As a matter of fact it should be less of a load if you were just to make the normal and texture and not add faces to the mesh. 

Not only that it should be seamless if it's done with a texture.

@farlibarcai can I have the texture you are using for skyrim and the texture you are currently using for Oblivion?

I have a theory I want to put to the test.

@TheRealMissAmber

Here are both textures wwww and sssss (if you are interested I use graphene normals)

I'm sure you are aware about the skyrim character normals being object space maps instead of the tangent space ones that oblivion uses

I also had a theory and tried using the green channel abs as overlay but is not as strong as it should (as as as as)

PS does mipmaps automatically.

Ummm. That looks sketchy AF...

How is a texture 64mb?

Let's try this.

I don't need a normal map.

I need the primary Skyrim texture with the abs you like

And your current HGEC texture from Oblivion.

Then take them and put them in a 7z or RAR archive and compress them.

I'm on a data limit and download ING both of those will eat up almost 100mb. 

I'm sorry but 64mb is kinda insane for a texture right?Screenshot_20180121-223510.thumb.png.0cf49b4b78fda7f87ab1b7bfa161ec35.png

Charging phone lol

Uh, sorry. The texture is 4k uncompressed (I like my textures big xD) and I think most people uses wi fi instead of mobile data.

But the ordinary texture (you mean, the diffuse map?) doesn't have abs. Skyrim mostly handles the normal maps for that kind of stuff.

If you are still interested in the normals here's the 21 MB compressed version of both normal maps and the diffuse maps as you requested.

And off topic: I used to work for that company. I hope the don't cut your data plan for no reason.

@myuhinny

When you are right (and that's always) you're right.

@farlibarcai that is a gorgeous texture. I did my magic but no love!

This is the edited normal you can clearly see some abs going on there but can't really be seen in game.5a6900ade174d_Dwm2010-12-2819-58-15-85.thumb.jpeg.a6a2b03bb72df851234e15c633901307.jpeg5a6900c08487b_Oblivion2010-12-2820-08-03-55.thumb.jpeg.37f096624ba3625459203c318ae14d92.jpeg

You can see a little cut above her belly button but Myuhinny is right this is  a mesh job. The abs literally need to be sculpted into the tummy of the mesh.

If I crank up the normal map to make the abs stronger it will mess with the rest of the body normal giving it a super oily look.

Skyrim handles normals a lot better.

Where do we go from here?

Can I sculpt abs into the mesh? Yes but it would be unique to that one body.

It would be possible to clip the abs and stich them to the other body meshs but that a lot of work re rigging and nif editing.

There is no easy way forward.

Archived