SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

On 1/6/2024 at 5:08 AM, TEQUILA_SANSET said:

wtf??? is the problem in physics or in the skeleton? 20240106135123_1.jpg.c50334568f707e3d4a57e62d358ecb00.jpg

Before posting my question I thought I'd give back a bit first.

In my experience this is from trying to run physics on a skeleton that doesn't have physics. This usually happens when you take an NPC with no physics and replace the body mesh with a newer one that has physics. 

You have to replace your NPC's skeleton with one that supports physics. I recommend using the latest skeleton from "XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended". Just find it in the mesh folder of XP32 Maximum Skeleton & copy it (control c). Then find the skeleton in the NPC's mesh folder and past it in there replacing the old skeleton. (control v)

When you replace the old skeleton you have to make sure the new skeleton has the same name as the one you're replacing. In most cases it will automatically be the same name but double check to make sure. When you paste in the new skeleton if you don't get the prompt asking you if you're sure you want to delete the old skeleton, then something is wrong.

You will most likely get an NPC that works but now has a long neck and little head. Open the new skeleton in nifskope and edit the head size and make the neck shorter. Here's a youtube how to video.

Make sure you're editing the skeleton in your NPC folder and not the one in the XP32 Maximum Skeleton folder. Very important to make sure you're editing the right skeleton.

If this is your first time doing this and you don't have experience, it might be best to save the folders your messing with first. Just save and copy them into a folder on your desktop so if something gets messed up you can just replace it with the copy and start over.

Hope this helps some of you out there there with the long neck & little head problem.

Edited by Reefor

OK, so for my problem. I rage quit the game when Bethesda did an update in mid 2022 and broke all the mods and I've been trying to get it back up and running for over a month now. By the time I turned off the updates I was already at skyrim version 1.6.1130.0 and I'm trying not to update the game any further.

I have:
SKSE v2.2.5

PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5

Address Library v9.0

JContainers SE v4.2.8

USSEP v4.3
SSE Engine Fixes v6.1.1
USMP v2.6.2
Sexlab Framework v166
SLAL Animation Loader SE v1.6

When I started reconstructing the game I started getting an error when I booted up but everything ran fine so I ignored it...
"Sexlab Error: Unsupported Version Rollback Detected (16600 -> 16403) Proceed at your own risk"
This was strange since I don't think I ever downloaded framework v164 and I don't even see it listed anywhere for download, but like I said, everything was working fine.

In the last couple of days Sexlab started acting funny. Sometimes it will switch the actors on me and put the male in the female role & vica versa. Sometimes the actor will get stuck in the position for one scene while my NPC moves on to the next scene. Sometimes after a scene ends the actor will be stuck in the last position from the last scene until I try to talk to her. Just strange stuff that I have no explanation for especially since I haven't changed any of the functional mods (I've been working on my NPCs), so I don't understand why it would just become unstable.

The Papyrus says it's for SKSE v2.2.4 and I don't see a version made for SKSE v2.2.5, I'm writing a question on their page next to make sure I'm using the right version for SKSE v2.2.5

I'm really trying to avoid updating the game again to 1170. At this point I just want to get the game stable and freeze it in time and not update it any more. This just take too much time which I don't really have.

Aside from the possible PapyrusUtil/SKSE mismatch, does anyone see any other mods where the version isn't right?

hello, I may need some help with the SexLab. Allow me to share my Screen shot. I been away from Skyrim for a while and trying to get back into it.  I got everything else working but I afraid that SexLab is the only thing that doesn't run properly ingame. 

Skyrim 1.6.1130, & Address Library with the proper version

SKSE is also 1.6.1130 (2.2.5) 

PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5

JContainers SE v4.2.8

FNIS all proper versions including creatures

SexLabFrameworkSE_v163 

My sexlabUtil plugin is missing or outdated......    I tried to use other versions of the SexLabs including 1,66/1.65 and even tried using the AE versions but their not compatible. While every other mod works, I turned them all off to being nearly vaillina other than mods needed for sexlab. I try clicking the "install" button in the MCM but doesn't do anything. I saved and loaded the game and this popped up.  Note I made my game nearly vanilla other than sexlabs and it's requirements to see if any other conflicting mods by disabling most of it.. Still issues of sexlab...

ScreenShot0.png.1675d1ce251829ebc1a281f009914300.png

If it's my Sexlab version than someone be kind and give a download link to that..... or is it that Sexlabs doesn't like Skyrim SE 1.6.1130? and I need to change my version of the game? any help would be great.

Edited by Vexing Rabbit
On 1/19/2024 at 12:17 AM, Ashal said:

Uploaded version update 1.66b for the new Skyrim (1.6.1170) and SKSE (2.2.26)

Thank you for your hard work. I just peeked at this thread a moment ago and saw you updated it like yesterday.

I have about 200 mods. I'm waiting for updates on more of them before I jump into 1.6.1170 ...

2 hours ago, Vexing Rabbit said:

Skyrim 1.6.1130, & Address Library with the proper version

PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5

JContainers SE v4.2.8

SexLabFrameworkSE_v163 

That combination is wrong.

You said there that is "SexLabFrameworkSEv163" and that means v163 for SE when for the Skyrim 1.6.1130 should be the SexLab Framework AE 1.66 and the PapyrusUtil included there.

By other side Skyrim good updated again so you probably have Skyrim v1.6.1170 already and in that case you will need the new SexLab AE v1.66b

You can find most of the SexLab distributions here.

22 hours ago, Reefor said:

When I started reconstructing the game I started getting an error when I booted up but everything ran fine so I ignored it...
"Sexlab Error: Unsupported Version Rollback Detected (16600 -> 16403) Proceed at your own risk"
This was strange since I don't think I ever downloaded framework v164 and I don't even see it listed anywhere for download, but like I said, everything was working fine.

Check which Mod is overwriting the "sslUtility" files of your SexLab Framework and update it or remove it.

When the SexLab Framework is updated you have to update or remove any other Mod that be overwriting the SexLab files because almost for sure they are not longer compatible.

1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

That combination is wrong.

You said there that is "SexLabFrameworkSEv163" and that means v163 for SE when for the Skyrim 1.6.1130 should be the SexLab Framework AE 1.66 and the PapyrusUtil included there.

By other side Skyrim good updated again so you probably have Skyrim v1.6.1170 already and in that case you will need the new SexLab AE v1.66b

You can find most of the SexLab distributions here.

Thanks for the help about switching to SexLab Framework AE 1.66 and yes my skyrim is downgraded to 1.6.1170.   I have Skyrim SE  (don't have skyrim"AE") so that confused me a bit. Though might I ask your assistances one more time or anyone else that wants to help me. 

After installing SexLab Framework AE 1.66 I encounter a new problem. At my Screen shot, it shows a new problem. Once I was able to get into the game without errors from vortex but now I have this. I try playing it with the error but sexlab doesn't install but still in the MCM. 

If the Skyrim SE and Sexlab is right, I'm assuming I have an PapyrusUtil SE  problem. The Papyrus I'm using is PapyrusUtil SE Version 4.5 for SKSE 2.2.4/2.2.5, Skyrim 1.6.1130 from nexus.  I have this error so I assume the sexlab comes with it so I tried it without the PapyrusUtil SE and it still reads the same below. is there a PapyrusUtil I need to grab from this site?  

my new 

kyrim 1.6.1130, & Address Library with the proper version

PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5  <===(I also trying to lunch this with it installed and uninstalled but both ways shows the same error.) (I disable all other mods besides the requirements for sexlabs to test this so no conflicts.)  

JContainers SE v4.2.8

SexLab Framework AE 1.66

Screenshot_22.png

edit:    I watched both papytrusUtil.dll and SexLabUtil.dll jump in and out while I disable the mod and re-active the mod. So is it because of the sexlab mod it's self? If so how do I correct it? or how do I make the DLL plugin load correctly? So confused >_<

Edited by Vexing Rabbit
3 hours ago, Vexing Rabbit said:

Thanks for the help about switching to SexLab Framework AE 1.66 and yes my skyrim is downgraded to 1.6.1170.   I have Skyrim SE  (don't have skyrim"AE") so that confused me a bit. Though might I ask your assistances one more time or anyone else that wants to help me. 

After installing SexLab Framework AE 1.66 I encounter a new problem. At my Screen shot, it shows a new problem. Once I was able to get into the game without errors from vortex but now I have this. I try playing it with the error but sexlab doesn't install but still in the MCM. 

If the Skyrim SE and Sexlab is right, I'm assuming I have an PapyrusUtil SE  problem. The Papyrus I'm using is PapyrusUtil SE Version 4.5 for SKSE 2.2.4/2.2.5, Skyrim 1.6.1130 from nexus.  I have this error so I assume the sexlab comes with it so I tried it without the PapyrusUtil SE and it still reads the same below. is there a PapyrusUtil I need to grab from this site?  

my new 

kyrim 1.6.1130, & Address Library with the proper version

PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5  <===(I also trying to lunch this with it installed and uninstalled but both ways shows the same error.) (I disable all other mods besides the requirements for sexlabs to test this so no conflicts.)  

JContainers SE v4.2.8

SexLab Framework AE 1.66

Screenshot_22.png

edit:    I watched both papytrusUtil.dll and SexLabUtil.dll jump in and out while I disable the mod and re-active the mod. So is it because of the sexlab mod it's self? If so how do I correct it? or how do I make the DLL plugin load correctly? So confused >_<

I'm getting the same error and my assumption is that it has do with the fact I accidentally updated some stuff in my copy of Skyrim (I was messing around with Wabbajack to get the Modding Essentials loaded up and did the whole clean install of my SSE). Right now probably just need to wait for some patches so that everything is up to date. 

@Vexing Rabbit

@XsZeroAxel

Independent from the Skyrim version you buy on Steam, Stream still will update your Skyrim main files (kernel) to the most recent version that is the same as the AE version.

The thing Stream sell as AE is the updated main files plus another DLC.

So yes, unless you be using Skyrim v1.5.97 or lower, you are on Skyrim AE

18 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Check which Mod is overwriting the "sslUtility" files of your SexLab Framework and update it or remove it.

When the SexLab Framework is updated you have to update or remove any other Mod that be overwriting the SexLab files because almost for sure they are not longer compatible.

Thanks, I didn't realize anything was overwriting the framework. Leito 1.6 & PapyrusUtil SE 4.5 was overwriting some things. I moved SSL Framework to the bottom of my load order and the error message at boot up went away. I assume everything else will work OK now but can't test it till tomorrow.

Leito 1.6 is really, really old. Does it have an update anywhere? Or can I get rid of it? (Is it required by SL Framework like Zaz is?)

Also, is it a good idea to let SL Framework overwrite PapyrusUtil SE 4.5, or should I put Papyrus lower in the load order?

Thanks again for your help.

4 hours ago, GermanEngineeredMachine said:

Anyone else having problems where "Time spent having sex" always shows --:--:--, no matter what? I have tried to reinstall Sexlab and reset stats. The debug spell doesn't seem to do anything when I cast it, so I can't edit the time manually. I am on 1.6.640 and using Sexlab v1.65

Probably was stored with a previous version or something else is overwriting the SexLab scripts.

Get rid of anything overwriting the SexLab files and that should fix the problem but is not going to change the values already stored. The SexLab v1.65 already let you editing the values on the Diary while the Debug Mode is enabled. So you can edit those times and set a positive value or just reset the actor starts.

The --:--:-- means that the current value is negative.

Edited by OsmelMC
14 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Probably was stored with a previous version or something else is overwriting the SexLab scripts.

Get rid of anything overwriting the SexLab files and that should fix the problem but is not going to change the values already stored. The SexLab v1.65 already let you editing the values on the Diary while the Debug Mode is enabled. So you can edit those times and set a positive value or just reset the actor starts.

The --:--:-- means that the current value is negative.

The only things I currently have overwriting Sexlab are textures and sound files. How do I use the debug mode? When I enable it, I get the Debug Self spell which doesn't seem to do anything when I cast it. After casting, I tried opening the Diary but still couldn't edit the values.

2 hours ago, GermanEngineeredMachine said:

The only things I currently have overwriting Sexlab are textures and sound files. How do I use the debug mode? When I enable it, I get the Debug Self spell which doesn't seem to do anything when I cast it. After casting, I tried opening the Diary but still couldn't edit the values.

The states edition is supposed to be part of the v1.65 but if not still you can use my "SexLab Utility Plus" and you will be able to edit them.

The Diary or Journal page on the SexLab MCM will let you edit most of the actors stats while the "Debug Mode" option be enabled. You are not supposed to be able of edit those values and for that reason is only allowed with the Debug Mode enabled.

To choose one actor you can use the "N" hotkey.

16 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

The states edition is supposed to be part of the v1.65 but if not still you can use my "SexLab Utility Plus" and you will be able to edit them.

The Diary or Journal page on the SexLab MCM will let you edit most of the actors stats while the "Debug Mode" option be enabled. You are not supposed to be able of edit those values and for that reason is only allowed with the Debug Mode enabled.

To choose one actor you can use the "N" hotkey.

Maybe it was a feature added for GOG version 1.65, and not the Steam 1.65 version I downloaded a while ago. I could try reinstalling 1.65, and if that doesn't work, I'll check out your Utility Mod. Is there even a difference between the 1.65 GOG version? I'm not entirely sure which version I should be using for 1.640 at the moment. I definitely don't want to update to a later version yet since it'll take ages just to get the right versions for my mod list

1 hour ago, GermanEngineeredMachine said:

Maybe it was a feature added for GOG version 1.65, and not the Steam 1.65 version I downloaded a while ago. I could try reinstalling 1.65, and if that doesn't work, I'll check out your Utility Mod. Is there even a difference between the 1.65 GOG version? I'm not entirely sure which version I should be using for 1.640 at the moment. I definitely don't want to update to a later version yet since it'll take ages just to get the right versions for my mod list

Each version is for a different version of Skyrim. So if your version is working is because is the one you need. SexLab Framework only support the very last version of Skyrim.

If you want some update the only alternatives are the SexLab P+ and my SexLab Utility Plus. Both working to build the SexLab Framework V2.0

Edited by OsmelMC
1 minute ago, OsmelMC said:

Each version is for a different version of Skyrim. So if your version is working is because is the one you need. SexLab Framework only support the very last version of Skyrim.

If you want some update the only alternatives are the SexLab P+ and my SexLab Utility Plus. Both working to build the SexLab Framework V2.0

Isn't there a difference between Steam 1.6.640 and GOG 1.6.659? Since 1.65 is technically for GOG, but it seems to work on my version even though I play on Steam

Ok, I see now why I don't have the option to edit values. FNIS is reading the version I have installed as version 1.64, even though I know I just downloaded v1.65, the one also found on Github https://github.com/eeveelo/SexLab/releases/tag/1.65

So do I just download the other 1.65 version hosted here that says it's supposed to be for 1.6.659 then?

Edit: Perhaps that's not the issue either. Looking in-game, Sexlab does report version 1.65. I don't know anymore, honestly

Edited by GermanEngineeredMachine

Having an issue where after I reset the animation registry a chunk of animations didn't re-register? I had this same issue awhile back when I reset it and it kind of fixed itself after I reset it a bunch more times, but I can't seem to fix it now.

Been trying to get SL Framework SE v1.6 working with Skyrim 1.6.1130.0. For the most part I got it working but still having some problems that I think won't get fixed till there are some upgrades or patches.

The problem is the actor gets stuck in animations so when you move on to the next animation, she's still in whatever animation she got stuck in.

I put SL in the bottom slot so nothing was overwriting it and I also tried putting PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5 below it so it overwrites SL. It's worse when SL overwrites PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5, but it still happens when PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5 overwrites SL

I'm really trying to keep from updating Skyrim to 1170, or whatever it is now. Plus I don't know if that would help anyway even if I put all that work into it.

Is there an upgrade to Sexlab Framework v166, or maybe a patch? Or is there some kind of fix mod already out there that I need to download? (like SSE Engine Fixes for example)

Here's my current list of what I think are the important mods.

Skyrim 1.6.1130.0
Sexlab Framework v166

SKSE v2.2.5

PapyrusUtil AE SE v4.5

Address Library v9.0

JContainers SE v4.2.8

USSEP v4.3
SSE Engine Fixes v6.1.1
USMP v2.6.2
SLAL Animation Loader SE v1.6

***FIXED***

I was worried about clearing the cache after reading some of the problems some others have had. But since I wasn't getting any other answers I tried it and it fixed the problem.

Hope that helps some that might be having the same problems

Edited by Reefor
10 minutes ago, Iamdumberdore said:

Having an issue, SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll are listed as imcopatible/outdated, even though I downloaded v166b. I am on the most recent version of Skyrim SE.

"A DLL plugin has failed to load correctly. If a new version of Skyrim was just released, the plugin needs to be updates. Please check the mod's webpage for updates.

PapyrusUtil.dll: reported as incompatible during load
SexLabUtil.dll: reported as incompatible during load

Continuing to load may result in lost save data..."

I am installing SexLab for the first time.

Edited by Iamdumberdore