SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

39 minutes ago, tasairis said:

You'll have to rearrange the script sources for all your mods to all use the same path

Everything you just said makes sense but I am unsure how to do this.

I changed the path for Papyrus  in the CreationKit.ini file. 

[Papyrus]
sScriptSourceFolder=Data\Scripts\Source

I copied all the scripts there and got loads of errors.

Then I made sure all the scripts were in both the orginal and the new folder.

I couldn't even compile Debug.MessageBox("HELLO")

I then changed it to

sScriptSourceFolder=Data\Scripts\Source and put all the scripts back. This way I am at least back to where I started.

I have be close. I cannot be the only person in the world not to get this working.

When I am done, I will post in this thread the steps I took to get this to work. I just need to figure it out.

Thank you 

2 hours ago, CyberInfluencer said:

1. Pick a path: source\scripts (new) or scripts\source (old). If you want the old style then update the .ini file.

2. Make sure all sources use that path. Not just in the mods whose scripts you need to compile stuff, but the base Skyrim and SKSE sources too. I think that last part there tripped you up.

3. ???

4. Profit!

2 hours ago, CyberInfluencer said:

I changed the path for Papyrus  in the CreationKit.ini file. 

[Papyrus]
sScriptSourceFolder=Data\Scripts\Source

I copied all the scripts there and got loads of errors.

Then I made sure all the scripts were in both the orginal and the new folder.

I couldn't even compile Debug.MessageBox("HELLO")

I then changed it to

sScriptSourceFolder=Data\Scripts\Source and put all the scripts back. This way I am at least back to where I started.

I have be close. I cannot be the only person in the world not to get this working.

When I am done, I will post in this thread the steps I took to get this to work. I just need to figure it out.

Thank you 

Your script location is typed the same both times - either that's your problem or it's a typo. You are launching the CK from MO2, right? If not, then the source scripts need to be copied to the configured location in your actual data folder.

The simplest way is good old copy/paste. Copy the source files the alternate location in the mod staging folder (right click open in explorer on the left side) to the location you have configured for the CK. You need to do this for each mod you will need the source files for compiling.

I tend to just cross copy everything to both locations. So I have two copies of the script, one in \source\scripts and one in \scripts\source, so it doesn't matter if I have a brain fart on where I have the sources configured to. Or use another compiler other than the CK where you can tell it to use multiple source locations. I like the notepad++ compiler instead of the CK.

1 hour ago, Airconditioning3 said:

The animations dont seem to work for me. the characters just stand still. Do CBBE mods and the maximum skeleton mod interfere with the animations? Anyone know how to fix this?

Quite the opposite, in fact. SexLab requires the XPMSE skeleton to work and a failure of animations is often caused by an incorrect skeleton. If you use Vortex or MO (or MO2) make certain that nothing is writing over your skeleton. If you are using NMM or not using a mod manager make certain that the skeleton comes near the end of your load order. A simple check is to run FNIS and see what it's description of your skeleton is (it's usually among the first things listed). 

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

Quite the opposite, in fact. SexLab requires the XPMSE skeleton to work and a failure of animations is often caused by an incorrect skeleton. If you use Vortex or MO (or MO2) make certain that nothing is writing over your skeleton. If you are using NMM or not using a mod manager make certain that the skeleton comes near the end of your load order. A simple check is to run FNIS and see what it's description of your skeleton is (it's usually among the first things listed). 

I tried moving things around in the load order. I use the Nexus Mod Manager for most of the mods and I used 7zip to extract the SexLab and SOS mods to the data folder. Everything is working except for the animations still. Do I need to install the animations separately? How do I check FNIS for the skeleton?

10 hours ago, Airconditioning3 said:

I tried moving things around in the load order. I use the Nexus Mod Manager for most of the mods and I used 7zip to extract the SexLab and SOS mods to the data folder. Everything is working except for the animations still. Do I need to install the animations separately? How do I check FNIS for the skeleton?

1) The SexLab animations come with SexLab. Nothing else is needed there. If you have other animations you will need the SexLab Animation Loader. If you have other animations make sure that you register them through the MCM when you start the game (or load new animations). Failure to do so will keep those animations from working.

2) Checking FNIS is as simple as running FNIS for users. The output will be text (which you can copy and paste if you need to share). As I said, what you need to know is likely at the very beginning.

My last comment was sharing I got it to work in LE. Before I could move forward to try with SE I had to document what I did prior. I hope this is ok to put here.

I have a blog where I post my own notes. I know this is a SE thread but here is what I did to get it working with LE if anyone is interested. It's not 100% polished but it works. I will add more detail and screenshots later.

http://miscprojects.net/2020/12/30/configure-skyrim-le-for-sexlab-framework-development-using-mo2/

I am tired. I will try getting it to work with SE later.

Hi, I am trying to setup modding environment to make a SL / SLA mod. I extracted the needed source files to data/source/scripts. I am working with SSE and seems that creation kit requires the sources to be in that directory. I got some example papyrus code but for some reason I get papyrus compile errors from within SL papyrus scripts. Arent the source files from the SL FULL package enough for development?

compiling sslThreadModel gives me these errors:

Compiling "sslThreadModel"...
D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition - Modding\Data\Source\Scripts\sslThreadController.psc(392,1): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in state animating on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel
D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition - Modding\Data\Source\Scripts\SexLabFramework.psc(3032,1): the parameter defaults of function newthread in state disabled on script sexlabframework does not match the empty state

What I have done wrong that the SL papyrus scripts dont compile?

Have anyone meet the random crash / CTD problem before? I tested all the mod it showed me if I disable sexlab (and the mods which need it) there will be no random CTD. But as long as I enable it, my game will crash around 4 ~ 30 minutes. I am using skyrim se and newest skse. 

Loot showed that my mod order is fine. And I did update the fins each time. The random CTD still happens. Normally I walk to some place then the game crashed. 

image.png.dd6d9240af1304f0c379cd16e6199538.png

This is one of the log, not sure if it help:

stack:
    [ (0001E68C)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (000B77B1)].fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:08PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Setup - [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread00 (05061EEF)>]
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:08PM] SexLab Threads: [[sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread00 (05061EEF)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread01 (05062452)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread02 (0506C62C)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread03 (0506C62D)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread04 (0506C62E)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread05 (0506C62F)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread06 (0506C630)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread07 (0506C631)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread08 (0506C632)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread09 (0506C633)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread10 (0506C634)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread11 (0506C635)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread12 (0506C636)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread13 (0506C637)>], [sslthreadcontroller <SexLabThread14 (0506C638)>]]
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:08PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: SexLabFramework - Enabled
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:08PM] SexLab  - SexLab v1.63 SE dev beta 8 - Ready!
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:08PM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: Starting...
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:08PM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: Done - 1
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:18PM] ERROR: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (000B77B5)].fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:19PM] ERROR: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (000B77B8)].fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:20PM] ERROR: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (000B77B4)].fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[01/02/2021 - 09:28:39PM] ERROR: Cannot call ClearTagCache() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (05079840)].sslConfigMenu.OnConfigClose() - "sslConfigMenu.psc" Line 377
    [SexLabConfigurationMenu (05079840)].sslConfigMenu.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 840
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (06000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuClose() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 124
[01/02/2021 - 09:30:16PM] VM is freezing...
[01/02/2021 - 09:30:16PM] VM is frozen
[01/02/2021 - 09:30:17PM] Log closed

I'm not exactly sure where to ask this but, is there anything I can do for misaligned bed animations. Specifically, I added those Whiterun Healing Altars to the SexlabBeds list as an attempt at "modding" but the animations are turned a full 90 degrees. I'm a beginner at modding so I'm not fully aware of how the bed animations are aligned but I thought turning the model in nifskope 90 degrees would help, actually just Zeroed it out since the Z axis was at 90 already, but the problem persists [Unless I did that wrong]. Though I think I didn't since the vanilla pillows on the altars disappeared after I changed the Nif. After turning it, I realized the animation must be attached to the sleep marker on the model which was turned with nifskope too and I'm not sure if something can be done to change just the alignment on the Altar.

ScreenShot26.png

ScreenShot25.png

I spent a week trying to figure out why SexLab would crash Skyrim as soon as it was done initializing.

NetScriptFramework told me it had something to do with PapyrusUtil.

I finally got fed up with the whole ordeal and started from scratch after choosing the nuclear option.  And since this time i'd like to avoid those crashes i was hoping that people could tell me which exact version of PapyrusUtil i'm supposed to be using.  Is it the Nexus version or the one that ships with SexLab?

21 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

I'm not exactly sure where to ask this but, is there anything I can do for misaligned bed animations. Specifically, I added those Whiterun Healing Altars to the SexlabBeds list as an attempt at "modding" but the animations are turned a full 90 degrees. I'm a beginner at modding so I'm not fully aware of how the bed animations are aligned but I thought turning the model in nifskope 90 degrees would help, actually just Zeroed it out since the Z axis was at 90 already, but the problem persists [Unless I did that wrong]. Though I think I didn't since the vanilla pillows on the altars disappeared after I changed the Nif. After turning it, I realized the animation must be attached to the sleep marker on the model which was turned with nifskope too and I'm not sure if something can be done to change just the alignment on the Altar.

ScreenShot26.png

ScreenShot25.png

The SexLab Utility Plus can be the solution but usually you don't need to add the altar if already someone can sleep in there because that means that over the altar is placed a invisible bed.

by the way to correct something like the rotation of the animation for one specific object/furniture you need to use scripts

5 hours ago, akspyder said:

Anybody running into that old issue where during scenes the player and sometimes the NPCs get scaled to .01 and you have to select them and use the setscale command to get them back

that happen only when more than one mod are overridden the script file "sslActorAlias" and the mod author specific said that "don't allow any other mod to override my scripts"

On 1/2/2021 at 2:12 PM, poporaltemporal said:

Hi, I am trying to setup modding environment to make a SL / SLA mod. I extracted the needed source files to data/source/scripts. I am working with SSE and seems that creation kit requires the sources to be in that directory. I got some example papyrus code but for some reason I get papyrus compile errors from within SL papyrus scripts. Arent the source files from the SL FULL package enough for development?

compiling sslThreadModel gives me these errors:

Compiling "sslThreadModel"...
D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition - Modding\Data\Source\Scripts\sslThreadController.psc(392,1): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in state animating on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel
D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition - Modding\Data\Source\Scripts\SexLabFramework.psc(3032,1): the parameter defaults of function newthread in state disabled on script sexlabframework does not match the empty state

What I have done wrong that the SL papyrus scripts dont compile?

The script sources in the current beta 8 download look correct. Did you decompile the PEX files? Anything overwriting those files?

On 1/2/2021 at 5:22 PM, DORAIBA666 said:

In a default setting, the actor position between a male and a female seems always reverse, I'm wondering it's a bug or not. How do I fix this besides hitting that swap actor position button every single time?

The positions of the actors depends on what mod starts the scene. In a 2P hetero scene, standard ordering is that the female should be in the first position and the male in the second, but SexLab does not force that to happen automatically. (It also depends on the animation, but if you have this problem with all animations then it's not that.)

So the problem is going to be with whatever mod you're using to start the scene - not SexLab.