SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

1 hour ago, thenoirangel said:

I've noticed this update causes a conflict with the Simply Knock mod, and causes an incompatible plugin issue with papyrus

Not really. Simply Knock comes with an outdated version of Papyrus Util (other Chesko mods also include old Papyrus Util versions). Simply Knock also has an outdated dll (simplyknock.dll) so you need an updated one (available in Skyrim SE Nexus) if you want to use SK with the latest SKSE.

You should either use the Papyrus Util included in Sexlab or install the standalone Papyrus Util version (also available in Skyrim Se Nexus) and don't let other mods overwrite it.

30 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Not really. Simply Knock comes with an outdated version of Papyrus Util (other Chesko mods also include old Papyrus Util versions). Simply Knock also has an outdated dll (simplyknock.dll) so you need an updated one (available in Skyrim SE Nexus) if you want to use SK with the latest SKSE.

You should either use the Papyrus Util included in Sexlab or install the standalone Papyrus Util version (also available in Skyrim Se Nexus) and don't let other mods overwrite it.

Ah, I wasn't aware, I swapped out the two dlls in Simply knock with updated ones, and it works fine.  Thanks!

Have a sexlab's journal question... specifically, is the journal functional or no?  I ask because while npcs can start with stats, this appears to be based on the initial selection upon installation.  If an npc's journal is cleared, it all goes to zero.  Regardless of how many times one has sex with an npc (using gerdur as my first example in a clean game) the journal for neither she nor I updates at all.  FWIW, Installation of sexlabs, animations, FNIS updates, etc. etc. seemed to go fine.  Animations play fine... as a pure rpg'er I only use amorous adventures to start scenes.  My AmAdv, FNIS, sexlabs etc. are all for SE and all are current versions, along with papyrus, skse etc. etc.  I looked thru the last 100+ pages of this topic searching for "journal" and while a few folks asked about the journals and non-record keeping, no answers were given so far as I can tell.  Can anyone let me know if the journal is functional re: updating as the game is played through?  If it is, any likely things I should check on for possible corrective measures, in what at first glance anyway appears to be a functional load order/game...?

1 hour ago, Carradon said:

Have a sexlab's journal question... specifically, is the journal functional or no?  I ask because while npcs can start with stats, this appears to be based on the initial selection upon installation.  If an npc's journal is cleared, it all goes to zero.  Regardless of how many times one has sex with an npc (using gerdur as my first example in a clean game) the journal for neither she nor I updates at all.  FWIW, Installation of sexlabs, animations, FNIS updates, etc. etc. seemed to go fine.  Animations play fine... as a pure rpg'er I only use amorous adventures to start scenes.  My AmAdv, FNIS, sexlabs etc. are all for SE and all are current versions, along with papyrus, skse etc. etc.  I looked thru the last 100+ pages of this topic searching for "journal" and while a few folks asked about the journals and non-record keeping, no answers were given so far as I can tell.  Can anyone let me know if the journal is functional re: updating as the game is played through?  If it is, any likely things I should check on for possible corrective measures, in what at first glance anyway appears to be a functional load order/game...?

It is essentially just stats, but I believe there are some mods that use it to track sexual experience. That aside, it does count and work for Sexlab events.  If it is not for you, your install is broken in some way or the sex events you've been involved in with Gerdur and others were animated by Flower Girls or possibly OSex?

Anybody able to help here?  Everything is up and running fine.  Was playing with some settings, enabled the even actor height feature, now i am not able to revert back.  Some things are still scaling and not fitting the animations.  What do i need to do to revert back to not scaling,  just clicking the boxes isn't changing anything.

Specifically Giant Spiders from Hentai Creatures are scaling to small spiders and i can't get them back to giant spiders.

10 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

It is essentially just stats, but I believe there are some mods that use it to track sexual experience. That aside, it does count and work for Sexlab events.  If it is not for you, your install is broken in some way or the sex events you've been involved in with Gerdur and others were animated by Flower Girls or possibly OSex?

Well, I don't think it's the install... 
I've run LOOT, even made some SSE Edit quick cleans on a few esps (that were completely unrelated to sexlab, but what the heck).  LOOT gives a completely healthy feedback re: my load/plug in orders.  I only installed SSE about 6 or 7 days ago, so every mod is completely up to date, since they are all that or less.  While I have flowergirls installed as well, it and amorous adventures are the only two sex initiating mods I have.  FNIS ensured that all the animations are fine and at first blush, they are working ok too, as the animations with Gerdur start fine.  I don't have OSex loaded.  In this particular play through, Gerdur is the only partner as yet.  I cleaned her experience in the journal to all zero's just to be sure there wasn't an issue with her adding experience/time while I wasn't... after initiating the first encounter in game in amorous adventures (she is essentially the most likely first encounter one can get) the AA quest played out perfectly fine, sex was initiated, animations worked great, and the post sex AA "thanks" line played out too.  Checking her and the PC's journal after the fact... both of us are still virgins. :)  This event was entirely controlled by amorous adventures, which I believe does register as a sex event for sexlab??  Assuming what I think I know is in fact true, then I've jumped through all the obvious stuff that new mod setups and players new to modding often bungle.  I have no idea how sexlab goes about registering events, or how that feeds the journal, so I'm assuming the error may lie therein.  FWIW, sexlab is controlling the animations & timing fine... I switched the animation scenes (whatever the 4 or 5 sub-periods in a sex encounter are called) to different times and those took effect just fine as well.  Is there something obvious I'm missing?  Non-obvious?  Some papyrus record keeping thing that isn't transitioning the event to the journal?  Maybe AA isn't an event for sexlabs?  That would be weird, but maybe.  Any help or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Carradon said:

Well, I don't think it's the install... 
I've run LOOT, even made some SSE Edit quick cleans on a few esps (that were completely unrelated to sexlab, but what the heck).  LOOT gives a completely healthy feedback re: my load/plug in orders.  I only installed SSE about 6 or 7 days ago, so every mod is completely up to date, since they are all that or less.  While I have flowergirls installed as well, it and amorous adventures are the only two sex initiating mods I have.  FNIS ensured that all the animations are fine and at first blush, they are working ok too, as the animations with Gerdur start fine.  I don't have OSex loaded.  In this particular play through, Gerdur is the only partner as yet.  I cleaned her experience in the journal to all zero's just to be sure there wasn't an issue with her adding experience/time while I wasn't... after initiating the first encounter in game in amorous adventures (she is essentially the most likely first encounter one can get) the AA quest played out perfectly fine, sex was initiated, animations worked great, and the post sex AA "thanks" line played out too.  Checking her and the PC's journal after the fact... both of us are still virgins. :)  This event was entirely controlled by amorous adventures, which I believe does register as a sex event for sexlab??  Assuming what I think I know is in fact true, then I've jumped through all the obvious stuff that new mod setups and players new to modding often bungle.  I have no idea how sexlab goes about registering events, or how that feeds the journal, so I'm assuming the error may lie therein.  FWIW, sexlab is controlling the animations & timing fine... I switched the animation scenes (whatever the 4 or 5 sub-periods in a sex encounter are called) to different times and those took effect just fine as well.  Is there something obvious I'm missing?  Non-obvious?  Some papyrus record keeping thing that isn't transitioning the event to the journal?  Maybe AA isn't an event for sexlabs?  That would be weird, but maybe.  Any help or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Figured it out, finally... and it was something "obvious" though not so easy to spot from a list.  Turns out when I was downloading all the mods for this run through I forgot that I download AA from nexus and not here... so the version that was loaded was the one that works with FG.  That of course doesn't cross pollenate the sexlab journal.  dropping that and redownloading here solved it :)

Different topic, but somewhat related.  Suggestion as a future fix or edit really... when the journal updates, it treats each act as a separate partner even if the act is with the same partner.  in other words, if you have sex with camilla once (first) and gerdur (twice later), it will show you has having 3 partners, not 2.  The left panel shows that gerdur is your most active partner with 2 acts.  but on the right, you should probably only see 2 partners.  No way to keep track of different partners on the right.  I suppose maybe the intent was to show total number of acts on the right, but then "acts" or 'events" or something should probably be stated on the right.  Partners implies something different.  You may have only one partner, a spouse perhaps, but have performed many acts (one would hope!).  

30 minutes ago, Carradon said:

Different topic, but somewhat related.  Suggestion as a future fix or edit really... when the journal updates, it treats each act as a separate partner even if the act is with the same partner.  in other words, if you have sex with camilla once (first) and gerdur (twice later), it will show you has having 3 partners, not 2.  The left panel shows that gerdur is your most active partner with 2 acts.  but on the right, you should probably only see 2 partners.  No way to keep track of different partners on the right.  I suppose maybe the intent was to show total number of acts on the right, but then "acts" or 'events" or something should probably be stated on the right.  Partners implies something different.  You may have only one partner, a spouse perhaps, but have performed many acts (one would hope!).  

Yeah if they can't or don't want to change the way it  counts then at least the label should be changed, something like "X Sex Acts" rather then "X partners".

Another apparent bug.  In check for the other issues above re: the journal I noted that there was a convo about a year ago to allow the npc experience to be zero'd out enmasse, or initialized so, rather than having them vary btw raging sexaholics and nuns (based on author's thoughts on their personality.)  Ashar eventually agreed that such an option should be in place, and it appears to be so, but doesn't work.  Under the last tab in the mcm for sexlab, "rebuild and clean", there's an option to "clear all npc sex skills".  Presumably this was based on the request from that 2018 or early '19 discussion.  However, rather than clearing them to zero, all it does is reinitialize the randomization that sets them up in first place.  I assume it does it for every npc in the game... so if Carlotta is a raging whore and you cleck "clear all npc sex skills", she doesn't go from whore to zero, she goes from whore to some newly randomly determined set of sex skills.  I'm pretty sure this option was supposed to clear them all to zero, so you don't have to do that one at a time using the journal option to do so.  Another item that needs correcting, assuming anyone is doing bug fixes at the moment.

And now, off the topic of bugs.  Seeking recommendations... I'm playing this for the immersion, and nothing kills my immersion anyway more than getting crazy reports that two siblings have just impregnated one another or seeing two completely unrelated characters whose personalities are puritan banging each other in the hold's shopping district.  I'm looking for something that allows npcs to have sexual relationships that are "reasonable" based on their personas, and where folks have said relations where reasonably normal people would expect them to... so no Whiterun guards banging prostitutes or cattle in the shopping districts... Sexlife SE appears to establish the relationship thing, though I would hope it's editable so that "relationships" don't end up with a lot of incestuous stuff, and Privacy seems to fit the bill for keeping things secluded where people would actually do such things.  I personally think it adds to immersion if people have relationships and sex that result in kids and growth in the world, absent my being around to make it happen via some magic ring or spell.  Fertility allows for some off screen relations, but the first time I had that option "on" Lucan knocked up Camilla 5 minutes into me going into Bleakfall barrows, so that had to go.  I don't want orgies in the streets or too much of the weird stuff... Are these two mods currently active and working and what are folks thoughts on them if they are?  

Sorry if anyone should have askes already and I didn't see it. I somehow have two problems with animations.

1) SL somehow just chooses another animation during a running animation (the stage is kept however).

2) Sometimes SL tries to use human animations on creatures. Doesn't lead to CTD, but looks super weird, since the character will just start the animation, while the creature of course won't and will just stand around

Did anyone ever experience any of the problems? Both are not game breaking but quie annoying.

14 minutes ago, saiermann said:

2) Sometimes SL tries to use human animations on creatures. Doesn't lead to CTD, but looks super weird, since the character will just start the animation, while the creature of course won't and will jsut stand around

One reason for this to happen is if the animation chosen is not suitable for the specific creature. Maybe it's a non-vanilla creature, or the race is not properly registered in CF. Or maybe the animation registry does not match the installed animations. So I would a) reset the animation registry in SLAL and then re-register all animations and b) tell CF to re-register all mods and races. All of this will not solve your problem, however, if we're talking about custom (non-vanilla) creatures. Many creature replacers use own meshes and own skeletons which - even if registered with CF - may not work properly with all animations.

1 hour ago, saiermann said:

1) SL somehow just chooses another animation during a running animation (the stage is kept however).

Are you pressing the 'o' key?
Dumb question, but are you sure the animation is changing and it's not that it's running through the stages and they just happen to be very different from each other? Because there are some animations out there like that.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Husky1o1 said:

One reason for this to happen is if the animation chosen is not suitable for the specific creature. Maybe it's a non-vanilla creature, or the race is not properly registered in CF. Or maybe the animation registry does not match the installed animations. So I would a) reset the animation registry in SLAL and then re-register all animations and b) tell CF to re-register all mods and races. All of this will not solve your problem, however, if we're talking about custom (non-vanilla) creatures. Many creature replacers use own meshes and own skeletons which - even if registered with CF - may not work properly with all animations.

Thank you for your help. It's only vanilla creatures. In my current setup I completely avoided any outside SL creature alterations, because I had some problems in my first setup.

I will definetly try to reregister animations and the CF creatures

On 10/10/2020 at 12:37 AM, tasairis said:

Are you pressing the 'o' key?
Dumb question, but are you sure the animation is changing and it's not that it's running through the stages and they just happen to be very different from each other? Because there are some animations out there like that.

Thanks for your help. Yes I am sure that it's not the same animations at different stages. For the animation start I have the Debug messages active. So I can literally see how and which animation is started randomly during a running animation. Also it's really obvious when you have a furniture containing animation and you are suddenly located somwhere inside the funriture due to the animation switch :D

9 minutes ago, tigglywiggly said:

Having a problem. Updated SKSE and now I'm unable to play old saves without a CTD and unable to switch to female gender in Racemenu. I've reinstalled and LOOTs giving no errors.

Any tips?

Doesn't sound like a SexLab problem.

https://www.loverslab.com/forum/39-skyrim-technical-support/

Before you post there, make sure all your SKSE-based mods are updated to whatever version you're on now too.

2 hours ago, tigglywiggly said:

Having a problem. Updated SKSE and now I'm unable to play old saves without a CTD and unable to switch to female gender in Racemenu. I've reinstalled and LOOTs giving no errors.

Any tips?

I updated to SKSE64 2.00.19 and had the same result- crashed and burned.

Obviously, one or more of my 255 mods wasn't happy with 2.00.19 for whatever reason, but rather than wasting hours and hours tracking down which mod it was and hoping the mod author had recompiled it against 2.00.19, given that I'm not aware of any benefit to me (a user) of SKSE64 2.00.19 vs. 2.00.17, I reverted to 2.00.17 which fixed it for me.

It ain't broke, so I ain't fixin' it. :classic_biggrin: