SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

On 9/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, redrustred said:

Sorry, I'm just really confused, the category clearly exists, but everything is all over the place, a lot of the stuff doesn't even list requirements, now I get most of the people here play often enough to know them by heart, but without it, its really difficult to keep track which mods got converted.

I agree.

LL doesn't seem to have a very clear way of separating the forums from the downloads. Which means that a lot of the current downloads can only (and I do mean ONLY) be found via link in a forum post 20+ pages down into a thread. It works fine if you have been following the thread since 2012, but most of us don't care to read through all the idea and bug report posts just to find the mod.

And before anyone reading this suggests the Search function, you should know that that will point you to the forums and not any mods. The filter for the files will (if the search is working that particular 10 seconds in an hour) will find the file, but as was said all too often there is nothing on the page denoting if an SSE version is available or what other mods are required. When someone finally does add the requirements, there is no link for the file so the entire search process begins again and you find yourself diving into some obscure forum looking for a link 30 pages in.

A prime example of this is actually THIS forum. From the search page I clicked on what I thought would be the link for the SL download page and instead ended up here in the forums. Since there are no stickyposts on LL, I came to the end and started to work backwards hoping to find the newest updated version of SL. Not the first time I've had this happen for an LL mod. For all the complaints I hear about nexus, it actually has its downloads more organized and available than LL.

1 hour ago, Emrek said:

Sounds as if the animations are failing. Usually happens if you have installed/downloaded animations but either haven't registered them with SLAL or they haven't been actually added with FNIS.

Run FNIS (get in the habit of running this every time a mod is added, it won't hurt anything, just takes time). Then make sure to register all new animations inside the SLAL MCM. Then try your animation(s) in the game again.

If it is still failing after that then I don't know. Might be a skeleton issue. If that's the case, I have no idea of an easy way to fix that.

I have run FNIS, several times, and it always says that the animations were successfully included, so I'm fairly sure that's not it. I do have some suspicions about SLAL, simply because there's something off about getting the MCM to show up where I have to click around for a few seconds before it populates, but even with only the basic animations that come with SL, they do the same thing. It was working a few days ago, so my current tactic is to try and disable everything I've added since then and see if some random thing is breaking it somehow. All the same, thanks for the advice.

Hi all, Wonder if someone can help me out . In the old Skyrim Sex Lab Framework came with two spells, one was Irresistible you and Irresistible other, or names to that effect. This one for SSE does not seem to have them, or at least I can not find them. If they are there can someone tell me where, or do you know of an alternative.

Regards

E.K

58 minutes ago, CasualBystander999 said:

I have run FNIS, several times, and it always says that the animations were successfully included, so I'm fairly sure that's not it. I do have some suspicions about SLAL, simply because there's something off about getting the MCM to show up where I have to click around for a few seconds before it populates, but even with only the basic animations that come with SL, they do the same thing. It was working a few days ago, so my current tactic is to try and disable everything I've added since then and see if some random thing is breaking it somehow. All the same, thanks for the advice.

Depending on your system, many MCM menus may or may not have a significant load time. SLAL is definately one that does since it has to populate its listing. Not too much can be done about that other than get a faster machine. Reinstalling SLAL and the mods sometimes works, but only if there was a significant problem during install or download. Take that as a last resort option since it most likely won't help.

SLAL's listing will allow you to select animations for use, but even after that you still have to register them before SL will use them (and give you the animation motions). Likewise if you deselect an animation you will have to tell SLAL to rebuild before SL won't use it anymore. Basically a two part process - 1. Select/deselect animations to be used/not used. 2. Register/rebuild to make those changes take effect. This second part is on the "main" page of the SLAL MCM menu (okay, I just said "menu menu". whatever. It's late here.) I will both register and rebuild just to make sure that what is listed in SLAL is what is available in game.

Be warned that it may take a while if many animations have to be added/removed. Stay in the menu system. The menu will appear to lock up with no further tooltips being presented when you cursor over the options. This is normal. With about 14,000 animations, it takes over a minute on my machine which is nearly as old as Skyrim itself.

A useful tool is to have it count the animations (also on the SLAL MCM main page) to see if any have been left out. Right after installing an animation pack and entering the game it is likely you could have 200-400 new animations that are selected, but not being used. The menu will lock up on this as well, but will return with a popup window with the counts of what it found.

The mod itself doesn't really explain this so there was a slight learning curve for me. Just passing it along in case you, or anyone reading this, didn't happen to know. I didn't know at first.

3 hours ago, CasualBystander999 said:

Go to SexLab MCM > Rebuild & Clean, click on Clean System and follow the instructions in the pop-ups.

8 hours ago, E.K said:

Hi all, Wonder if someone can help me out . In the old Skyrim Sex Lab Framework came with two spells, one was Irresistible you and Irresistible other, or names to that effect. This one for SSE does not seem to have them, or at least I can not find them. If they are there can someone tell me where, or do you know of an alternative.

I think these spells come from Sexlab Matchmaker. Sexlab framework doesn't come with any spells (debug spells aren't mean to be used in a normal gameplay). You can use regular matchmaker in SE, it works fine as it is.

1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:
9 hours ago, E.K said:

I think these spells come from Sexlab Matchmaker. Sexlab framework doesn't come with any spells (debug spells aren't mean to be used in a normal gameplay). You can use regular matchmaker in SE, it works fine as it is.

yeah, matchmaker has these spells.

I've ran across something of a strange animation issue. When having sex the NPC goes through the animation, but the PC just stands there. I re-ran FNIS (regular not XXL), cleaned SexLab, and uninstalled and reinstalled all the animations. I waited 24-hours after each. I've attached my loader order in case there's a conflict I missed.

loadorder.txt

On 1/12/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ashal said:

Beta build is for Skyrim Special Edition only

More details on the version/beta coming later when I have more time. For now, I just want to get the beta out there for testing. So here it is.

Non-SE users will likely have to wait until release for 1.63. I have no plans right now to release a non-SE version of the beta.

Requirements: 

Changes since 1.62:

• Added a caching system to animation searches
  • Increased animation slots to 750, decreased voice/expression slots to 375.
  • A new scaling fix that finally solves the issue with some actors/creatures randomly changing sizes when animating (enabled by default)
  • (partially implemented) a new hook system for developers that don't work on events, allowing them to fully complete their hook function before the thread continues. Solves some sync issues with more complicated or timing sensitive hooks.
  • Some other stuff I'm surely forgetting because it's been a long time.

Beta 2 Hotfix:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.7)
  • Removed references to Oldrim scripts (NiOverride and MfgConsoleFunc) to fix compile issues
  • Some minor tweaks here and there

Beta 3:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.8)
  • Fixed most of the slowdown at animation startup
  • Fixed disabled animations still getting used for awhile afterward
  • Some minor tweaks here and there

Beta 4:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the SKSE 2.0.10

Beta 5:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.11 or 2.0.12)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.62 only
  • Re-added all high heel options in the MCM.

Beta 6:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.15)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.73 only

Beta 7:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.16)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.80 only
  • Re-enabled HDT Heels detection
  • A few minor bug fixes

Beta 8:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.17)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.97 only

Known Issues:

• Animations take longer to start than normal right now.

Other Notes:

• Animation packs from non-SE version have to have their animations converted to 64 bit in order to work. This can be easily automated and done quickly by the pack developers.
  • All existing basic mods should work as is as far as I know. As long as they don't require any other SKSE plugins that haven't yet been converted. This means Devious Devices and its mods won't work until DD gets its SKSE plugin updated.
  • I haven't fully tested a lot of the plugin in SE beyond making sure basic functionality works. So submitting bug reports are critical here.

Download:

FULL Beta 8 Archive:

UPDATE for beta 7 to beta 8:

Old version:

Has anyone been having crash issues with this and the romance mod lately?

On 9/14/2020 at 9:50 PM, CasualBystander999 said:

So, I've found a load of other people asking this same question, but still haven't seen a clear answer, so If someone will humor me, I'd appreciate it. I'll trigger a scene, and after the long awkward pause, the characters will strip down, teleport into position, and then just stand there idling, not T-posing, for the duration of the scene. Sounds play, and masturbation scenes play fine, but any with two characters fail.

I have a similar issue, though mine is usually with 3+ actors. Try pressing the MCM Hotkey to Advance Animation Stage (Whatever you have set) and then press the ~ (Tilde) key to open and close the console. Also note if the log is stuck continuously saying "Thread : SyncLock(0)"  I suspect there is an error in transitioning the framework from Skyrim LE to Skyrim SE

On 9/14/2020 at 11:24 PM, Emrek said:

get in the habit of running this every time a mod is added, it won't hurt anything, just takes time

Vortex has an option to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe every time it needs to be run. So right after the Deploy process completes, it will determine whether or not FNIS needs to be run, and if so, run it. This works for both installations (including reinstallations) and uninstallations.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, CasualBystander999 said:

So, I've found a load of other people asking this same question, but still haven't seen a clear answer, so If someone will humor me, I'd appreciate it. I'll trigger a scene, and after the long awkward pause, the characters will strip down, teleport into position, and then just stand there idling, not T-posing, for the duration of the scene. Sounds play, and masturbation scenes play fine, but any with two characters fail.

Well despite what your search says, there is fact one clear answer. Characters idling in place is 100% a FNIS issue.

Characters are told to run an idle animation. That animation either exists or it doesn't. If it doesn't they'll just idle. The only reason it wouldn't exist is because FNIS didn't include it. Unless you GROSSLY misinstalled SLAL animations, there is simply no other answer.

Fix your FNIS install.

Yo, new here. 

Is there a way to build animation profiles so to speak? I have a lot of animations installed and it's a chore to toggle through them all. 

Not only that but some animations which are registered don't show up when normally, but will play using the animation editor, which is tedious, because you can only view one at a time. 

I've tried disabling all mods, but you get a pop up to rebuild the registry for it to take effect, thinking I'd be able to register a select few, but rebuidling it, rebuilds all default animations. 

I also tried to toggle off animations in the Animation Toggler, but doing so, stops me from being able to skip through animations from certain sets and displays the wrong animations for some. 

Lastly, how does this work with ZAZ? I don't seem to be able to register any animation mods in sexlab to work with ZAZ

I've tried 

Ta in advance. 

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Vortex has an option to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe every time it needs to be run. So right after the Deploy process completes, it will determine whether or not FNIS needs to be run, and if so, run it. This works for both installations (including reinstallations) and uninstallations.

Right. I use Vortex this way. Instead of trying to explain how to set it up to run automatically, I figured I'd just say to run it whenever something was changed.

36 minutes ago, Zs4mm said:

Yo, new here. 

Is there a way to build animation profiles so to speak? I have a lot of animations installed and it's a chore to toggle through them all. 

Not only that but some animations which are registered don't show up when normally, but will play using the animation editor, which is tedious, because you can only view one at a time. 

I've tried disabling all mods, but you get a pop up to rebuild the registry for it to take effect, thinking I'd be able to register a select few, but rebuidling it, rebuilds all default animations. 

I also tried to toggle off animations in the Animation Toggler, but doing so, stops me from being able to skip through animations from certain sets and displays the wrong animations for some. 

Lastly, how does this work with ZAZ? I don't seem to be able to register any animation mods in sexlab to work with ZAZ

I've tried 

Ta in advance. 

Might want to take a look at SexLab Animation Loader (SLAL). It doesn't let you create a customized animation group, but it will add them to SL based on how they were in the animation package. I'd have to recheck, but I think that it will add/register the ZAZ animations into SL and allow them to show up with normal SL use.

Also there is the ability (in SL, I believe) to filter registered animations based on the tags. Personally I use this to disable chair, furniture, table and wall animations that somehow get added despite not wanting furniture sets when the pack was installed. Still not quite a customized group, but it is easier to make it search so that I don't miss any.

Now that I think of it, there is a way of creating your own customized packs by editing the files. However, I've only done that once to permanently remove some animations to get under the FNIS limit. Someone else here may know more about how to do that as I was just making it up as I went, but it is a possibility.

15 hours ago, Emrek said:

Might want to take a look at SexLab Animation Loader (SLAL). It doesn't let you create a customized animation group, but it will add them to SL based on how they were in the animation package. I'd have to recheck, but I think that it will add/register the ZAZ animations into SL and allow them to show up with normal SL use.

Also there is the ability (in SL, I believe) to filter registered animations based on the tags. Personally I use this to disable chair, furniture, table and wall animations that somehow get added despite not wanting furniture sets when the pack was installed. Still not quite a customized group, but it is easier to make it search so that I don't miss any.

Now that I think of it, there is a way of creating your own customized packs by editing the files. However, I've only done that once to permanently remove some animations to get under the FNIS limit. Someone else here may know more about how to do that as I was just making it up as I went, but it is a possibility.

16 hours ago, Zs4mm said:

Yo, new here. 

I've tried 

Ta in advance. 

I am having the same problem...keeps rebuilding instead of repressing the list. Gonna try a reinstall...but not confident..

19 hours ago, Ashal said:

Well despite what your search says, there is fact one clear answer. Characters idling in place is 100% a FNIS issue.

Characters are told to run an idle animation. That animation either exists or it doesn't. If it doesn't they'll just idle. The only reason it wouldn't exist is because FNIS didn't include it. Unless you GROSSLY misinstalled SLAL animations, there is simply no other answer.

Fix your FNIS install.

hey Ashal, 

Im not trying to be petty here or anything as i am sure you are extremely busy.. But do you have any feedback for my post on the bottom of page 208? (Regarding animations getting stuck in Sync.ThreadLock (0) and not progressing until after the console is opened and closed?)

On 9/16/2020 at 3:52 AM, Ashal said:

Fix your FNIS install.

What I've discovered over a couple hours of trying, is that if I run the game through any MO profile apart from the default one, no animations play, regardless of which profile I run FNIS through. Using the default profile, all is well. I can only assume it has something to do with where FNIS stores the animations it registers. At any rate, whatever the reason for the quirk, it's manageable. As a side note, thank you for all the work you've done on this system, I'm sure you get it all the time, yadda yadda, but thanks for what you've done for the game.

7 hours ago, FFXV_Noctis said:

hey Ashal, 

Im not trying to be petty here or anything as i am sure you are extremely busy.. But do you have any feedback for my post on the bottom of page 208? (Regarding animations getting stuck in Sync.ThreadLock (0) and not progressing until after the console is opened and closed?)

Might be best to post a fresh pap log along with the mod list and load order (https://modwat.ch/).

However, I still suspect that this is another mod messing with the player control functions during the animation which is the only time I've encountered the described behaviour. It could be an SL mod or something entirely unrelated.

Ultimately this might require systematic removal of mods with testing in coc games to determine which are contributing to the issue.

10 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

just wondering if Sexlab will ever be updated

Well, until your thoughtful post, I'm sure @Ashal had no plans to ever update it!

giphy.gif

This post totally ignores everything Ashal has posted here lately and is a textbook example of passive-aggressive whining because in your expert opinion, which of course is all about YOU, he's taking too long.

TL; DR: Read the fucking thread and don't be a weenie. :classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

just wondering if Sexlab will ever be updated, especially the animation editor, as it is very limited in positioning. i'd love to see this expanded to a more usable form, if possible

It likely will, but it will take time. Ashal has been working on this framework for years (might be close to an decade not sure). It's alot to go through but I'm pretty sure there's information within this topic as to his continued progress on the framework and where he's at with it.