15 hours ago, Leito86 said:

On another note, any idea how to get _skin nodes to use animation data?

The _skin nodes are not present in the Havok rig, so adding them there will make them animateable.

I haven't played around with em but i think they're not in the Havok rig for a reason.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, Leito86 said:

I'll play around with it.

Great news! Thank you.

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure what skin nodes are. I know just enough from ShadeAnimators tutorial to be able to make animations. But, am otherwise pretty clueless when it comes to anything 3D related.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, Leito86 said:

I'll play around with it.

I'm giving this a try.

When I load the EVB body into outfit studio (to convert it to FBX so I can work on it in Maya) it seems to get messed up. The body is floating way above 0 on the y axis. Is there a step I need to take to correct that before turning into an FBX? Will I need to float it up that high again for it to work in FO4?

13 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I'm giving this a try.

When I load the EVB body into outfit studio (to convert it to FBX so I can work on it in Maya) it seems to get messed up. The body is floating way above 0 on the y axis. Is there a step I need to take to correct that before turning into an FBX? Will I need to float it up that high again for it to work in FO4?

As long as the model is properly skinned to the skeleton, it'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Leito86 said:

As long as the model is properly skinned to the skeleton, it'll be fine.

Thank you. It is presumably properly skinned to the vanilla skeleton now. But, when I bring it into outfit studio it doesn't show up aligned properly. It's outside of the skeleton.

Is that something broken in outfit studio? Have you seen it before? Or, maybe I don't have something set up right...

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you. It is presumably properly skinned to the vanilla skeleton now. But, when I bring it into outfit studio it doesn't show up aligned properly. It's outside of the skeleton.

Is that something broken in outfit studio? Have you seen it before? Or, maybe I don't have something set up right...

No it's fine.  It's more of an issue due to the non-Bethesda nif plugin for 3ds Max.  It brings in the skeleton with the root node at (0,0,0) but for whatever reason, bethesda's nifs has the origin at a different location (which I think is what Outfit Studio uses).

If you want to align things to Outfit Studio, you can just export the CBBE body and eyeball where the EVB model should go.  Of course, you need to make sure that it aligns with the default head and hands as well...

9 hours ago, Leito86 said:

No it's fine.  It's more of an issue due to the non-Bethesda nif plugin for 3ds Max.  It brings in the skeleton with the root node at (0,0,0) but for whatever reason, bethesda's nifs has the origin at a different location (which I think is what Outfit Studio uses).

If you want to align things to Outfit Studio, you can just export the CBBE body and eyeball where the EVB model should go.  Of course, you need to make sure that it aligns with the default head and hands as well...

Thank you. In the world of modding it's tough to know what is a necessary hack or an incorrect approach. :smiley:

I'll see how far I can get .

On 3/4/2018 at 1:32 PM, Leito86 said:

Welp. Didn't take me long to get stuck again. :smiley:

Is there a trick to loading Fallout 4 nif files into 3DSMax? From what I've read, they are not supported. I have the nif plug-in installed. But, when I try to load one into Max I get a "string too long" error.

I was able to export the body mesh as an obj from nifskope and load it in 3DSMax. But, that process doesn't work for the skeleton.

6 hours ago, dagobaking said:

when I try to load one into Max I get a "string too long" error

Im not too sure if its that issue, but it might be that the filepath you want to load  the nif from is just too long for the nif plugin / max to handle.

3 hours ago, Vader666 said:

Im not too sure if its that issue, but it might be that the filepath you want to load  the nif from is just too long for the nif plugin / max to handle.

I will check that. They are within a few layers of directories. But, not too much.

The bottom line news for me though is that you are saying that I should be able to load Fallout 4 nifs into 3DSMax without error, right?

I got the link for the nif plug-in from a Nightasy tutorial that was a created a while back. So, maybe I ended up with an old version of the plugin...

36 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I will check that. They are within a few layers of directories. But, not too much.

The bottom line news for me though is that you are saying that I should be able to load Fallout 4 nifs into 3DSMax without error, right?

I got the link for the nif plug-in from a Nightasy tutorial that was a created a while back. So, maybe I ended up with an old version of the plugin...

https://github.com/figment/max_nif_plugin/releases

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...