Nude Male replacer NOT Robert's?

Good afternoon!

I'm in need of a nude male body replacer that is NOT Robert's. Robert's is nice, but it changes TOO much and is incompatible with the mod I'm working on. Since the search on Nexusmods is currently limited, and Google isn't helping, does anybody know of such a thing? What I'm looking for, ideally, is a nude male mod that gets rid of that AWFUL diaper-ish loincloth but changes NOTHING else - vanilla head, vanilla body, same proportions, texture files, paths, etc. Surely SOMEONE made such a thing in the early days before Robert's took off and dominated the site?

If not. I may just give it up and go back to the diaper, ugly as it is. The female end of things works perfectly. and that's the really important part after all. :smile:

Rochndil, working on a total furry conversion based off Tolerance's IAJOT mod...

10 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Replace the diaper-ish loin cloth lower body with a nude Roberts lower body.

Possible, but that probably will mess up the tail location and maybe the waist seam (Robert's changes the proportions a good deal), and I have zero ability to actually fix mesh issues (other than changing stuff out). It's an idea that bears thinking about though, and maybe some tinkering. Thanks!

Rochndil, getting ready to head to the airport for family pick-up...

I found male meshes for vanilla textures. ( Part of a quest Mod ) Hand and foot are vanilla. The Upperbody is vanilla with added nipples. And a new Lowerbody for vanilla textures.

bbv1.jpg  The best with only vanilla textures.

But...

Spoiler

Vanilla textures does nor have the Hip-belly part. The connection between upper and lower body was the pants.

So you have always a visible seam.

bbv3.jpg

----------------------

There are also meshes that use vanilla and Mod textures.

bbv2.jpg

The Mod textures have pubic hair....

But the mesh is set to "Lowerbody" and "skin". And it must have that settings or the color slider/settings will not work. ( If you choose your skin color during the character creation. And all NPCs also have different shin color  (Light-dark)

But a body mesh with settings "Lowerbody" and "skin" will not use the textures path of the mesh ! It use the race textures path from the esp ( That's why all body meshes have the imperial textures path. The mesh path is unimportant. )

So in game you will not see the pubic hair textures ( see picture above).

And if you change the NiMaterialProperty from "Skin" to "Material"  the mesh will use the right texture with pubic hair...but the color setting will not work. ( If you have light or dark skin the part with pubic hair will always have the same brightness. )

--------------------------

And here the body with vanilla argonian and orc texture

bbv4.jpg

bbv5.jpg

-------------------

And there are lower and upperbodies with different piercing.  And castrated !

bbv6.jpg

But you can delete the piercing and use only the body.

Then you have a male body replacer that only need vanilla textures.

Wow, thanks for the very instructive post Fejeena! I think I'm moving in the right direction now - with a little luck I'll have a solution in place that (while imperfect as you explained above) is good enough for my use. For me, modding is never a matter of getting it perfect, but you can usually make it better!

Rochndil, seeing some success, now tracking down a texture path problem...

A question, if I may: what are you working on that's incompatible with Roberts?

Pretty much anything made for males (armor, bodies, etc.) is Roberts-based except for very old mods or ones that have been built specifically for the vanilla bodies (but then again who uses those anyway), so I really can't think of any reason for someone to want a vanilla-based body instead of Roberts.

Most male armor and clothes Mods are Roberts. ( And in some Quest Mods are also Roberts male and HGEC female armor and clothes)

Lovers: the nude lowerbody with erect penis is Roberts ( Without Roberts Male you can not play Lovers: Or you must create your own Lovers lowerbodies. )

Roberts use only one Texture for the whole body.

The vanilla game use 4 textures ( Hand, foot, leg , upperbody )

------------------

I will upload the "No-Roberts" meshes.  ( will take some time. The meshes are verry "unclean" , I first clean them with NifSkope )

Here the "Vanilla Nude Body"

VanillaNudeBody.7z

Hand and foot are original game nif.  The upperbody is vanilla , but there is a with added nipples ( Upperbody with nipples.nif). The lower body is the new nif.

The vanilla  nude body textures problem.

Spoiler

The vanilla upperbodymale and legmale texture.

upperbodymale.jpg

legmale.jpg

Yes the textures are not square. But on the nif they are stretched.

---------------------------------------------

The vanilla upperbody.nif use this part of the upperbodymale.dds

zzz2.jpg

And the vanilla and the new lowerbody.nif use the legmale.dds. Both use the same UV map.

zzz3.jpg

zzz6.jpg

The ass of new lowerbody.nif  use this part of the LegMale.dds

zzz4.jpg

The upper part of the legmale.dds must be changed to get a seamless connection with the upperbodymale.dds.

zzz1.jpg

A simpler solution would be a belt or hip sash to cover the seam.
zzz7.jpg

The best solution:

Use Roberts male and make your incompatible Mods Roberts compatible.

I did the same with many Mods I use.

Armor and clothes in quest Mods I replaced with Roberts versions . ( Of course armors and clothes without visible skin works with vanilla and Roberts )

There are some custom races that use vanilla male textures ( Often the modders only create new female HGEC textures and the males of the race use recolored vanilla textures. Then you reaplace the Mod male texture with a recolored Roberts male texture )

You said a mod you are working on is not compatible...So make it compatible. Or you can not use all the Roberts male armor Mods, some quest mods with Roberts clothes, Lovers,....

Too many problems if you don't make your mod Roberts compatible.

Thanks for all the help! I have a solution in place I'm happy with. I'm aware that it's far from perfect, but I can live with the remaining (noted above in this thread) issues.

I've been working on an unreleasable (don't feel like running down permissions for everything I stole) Total Furry Conversion for Oblivion, based largely on Tolerance's IAJOT mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40284 ). I jinked around some of his race replacers (for matters of personal taste) and added a few more, so that ultimately all the base races are furry-ified. It all worked (after I got the bugs beaten out of it), but the males had the awful default diaper, which really bugged me. I don't care that the males' bodies weren't pretty, I don't pay any attention to them, but I really hated that diaper. So I installed the latest Robert's 5.2, in as simple a manner as possible, and all of a sudden all my texture changes went poof. Take Robert's out, and everything is fine again. I think it's a combination of mesh texture paths and ESP changes, but I honestly don't care enough to try and sort it out. SO, I went looking for a mod that changed the ONE thing I wanted to alter, but left everything else Vanilla, for simplicity's sake.

I understand and respect the years of work that went into Robert's mod; it just incorporates too many changes to make simple troubleshooting feasible. I also understand that by NOT using Robert's replacer properly that I'm likely to encounter incompatibilities of various kinds. Honestly, I really couldn't care less what the males look like (not my type) for the most part, as long as they're not flashing blue and orange to stand out in the game. Skunk heads on Dunmer bodies, and purple "texture not found" displays come pretty close to that, but smaller textural mis-matches don't bother me in the slightest. I also have no plans to implement the various Lovers mods, so that's also a non-issue.

Unfortunately, Robert's domination of make bodies seems to be complete, but I did finally find this mod, ( https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/27909 ) that changed (by default) JUST the mesh, and voila, fixed! I had to tweak it just a little to fix the Khajits, but otherwise we're all good. As always when embarking on a modding adventure, I learned new stuff, and beat my head against a brick wall for a bit. But it's all working to my satisfaction now, so I can get back to implementing the latest version of M.O.O.

Rochndil, with LOTS if INIs to parse through...

1 hour ago, Rochndil said:

I've been working on an unreleasable (don't feel like running down permissions for everything I stole) Total Furry Conversion for Oblivion, based largely on Tolerance's IAJOT mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40284 ). I jinked around some of his race replacers (for matters of personal taste) and added a few more, so that ultimately all the base races are furry-ified. It all worked (after I got the bugs beaten out of it), but the males had the awful default diaper, which really bugged me. I don't care that the males' bodies weren't pretty, I don't pay any attention to them, but I really hated that diaper. So I installed the latest Robert's 5.2, in as simple a manner as possible, and all of a sudden all my texture changes went poof. Take Robert's out, and everything is fine again. I think it's a combination of mesh texture paths and ESP changes, but I honestly don't care enough to try and sort it out. SO, I went looking for a mod that changed the ONE thing I wanted to alter, but left everything else Vanilla, for simplicity's sake.

Huh, not to sound rude, but you are making a very stupid mistake here, and by refusing to use Roberts you are locking yourself out of many, many mods that do use it.

Yes, chances are the Roberts ESP screws up your own custom plugin. It edits the vanilla race records (can't exactly remember why), so if you load it after your plugin you get bugs. Also it replaces vanilla races' textures, so if you don't use a mod manager/use NNM (which is as dirty as not using a mod manager or even worse), or, use Mod Organizer/Wrye Bash but load Roberts after your mod, then chances are it overwrites your own (furry) textures with its own.

It's simple to track down and fix, and I really think you should do so. IAJOT works just fine with Roberts bodies (in fact I'm pretty sure the male textures are built for it). You only need to make sure the Foot textures in the paths specified in each race's data are the Roberts' full-body ones for that race and that's it. You don't actually need the Roberts plugin at all nor its textures; only the meshes.

Also, for the record, I created one such mod myself already. It replaces humans with Qaws' canine species (Breton -> Collie, Imperial -> Labrador, Nord -> Wolf and Redguard -> German Shepherd), elves with felines similar to what Yiffy Age of Skyrim does (Altmer -> Cheetah, Bosmer -> Tiger and Dunmer -> Panther), and Dark Seducers and Golden Saints with Hyenas and Deers from IAJOT, respectively. Works just fine with Roberts bodies and HGEC too. Hell, I could even share the file with you if you wanted (as a private thing, though; can't post it publicly for the same reasons you mentioned). 

16 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Huh, not to sound rude, but you are making a very stupid mistake here, and by refusing to use Roberts you are locking yourself out of many, many mods that do use it.

I respect your candor, but must split a hair. Yes, there are mods I can't use...but nothing that I really give a fig about.

Before I started working on this project, I didn't even HAVE a male body replacer in place at all. I only went looking when I tripped over the diaper problem, and that happened only when I started my TFC Total Furry Conversion testing (and went around casting Disrobe on everybody). Not to brag, but I have every mod I have any interest in loaded in my massive build already. I've been through ALL the offerings here, and all the options on Nexus, ModDB, TES Alliance, Wolflore, Mods Reloaded, The Assimilation Lab, etc. There's literally nothing out there (that is in English) that I could find that I haven't looked at and either put in, or passed over. I appreciate your concern, but trust me...if it's out there, I've probably already seen it. It takes me MONTHS to build up mods for a game (two years for Morrowind, but a lot of that was learning what the HELL I was doing). And, before you ask, I have Skyrim but haven't even started on that project yet. :smile:

I genuinely appreciate your offer to share your work with me. I took a look at Qaws' doggies (and all the other furry-ish mods on Nexus) when I was selecting races to "borrow" for my mod, and they're cute. I didn't use them, ultimately, because (if memory serves) their textures didn't map properly onto the DMRA body, and I didn't like them enough to try to fix that. I also really liked the blue-pattern-coat critters with the twisty horns (name eludes me), but had the same problem. So I ended up using the two Vexend races, my modded cows, and 5 others from Tolerance. I'll attach my spreadsheet so you can see what I'm talking about (4th sheet).

Rochndil, still reconciling INI files between MOO 4.82 and 4.9...

Oblivion_modlist.xls

11 minutes ago, Rochndil said:

I respect your candor, but must split a hair. Yes, there are mods I can't use...but nothing that I really give a fig about.

And, before you ask, I have Skyrim but haven't even started on that project yet. :smile:

I genuinely appreciate your offer to share your work with me. I took a look at Qaws' doggies (and all the other furry-ish mods on Nexus) when I was selecting races to "borrow" for my mod, and they're cute. I didn't use them, ultimately, because (if memory serves) their textures didn't map properly onto the DMRA body, and I didn't like them enough to try to fix that. I also really liked the blue-pattern-coat critters with the twisty horns (name eludes me), but had the same problem. So I ended up using the two Vexend races, my modded cows, and 5 others from Tolerance.

I take it you don't use LAPF then? Huh. Because I see no way to get it to look good enough without Roberts. At least not if scenes involve any male at all.

You don't need to start on any project because it has been done already. As I said, check out Yiffy Age of Skyrim in the Skyrim Adult Mods subforum. Unless by "project" you meant setting up Skyrim itself, in which case I guess you are right.

As I said, all the races in my own mod support both Roberts and HGEC either because they did so from the start or because I modified their assets to add said support. Since DMRA uses the same UVs as HGEC, they should work with it as well, in case you are interested in any of the races I mentioned (IMO my edited Qaws wolves will look much better than the original Wolven you used unless you made extensive modifications to their assets, for example). Also have some edited/upgraded Zebras I rigged up with some help from Tolerance that may be of interest to you. I can share some pics later in case you want to check them out (on my phone right now so I can't post and/or link to images).

I wonder why Roberts Male Body v5 messed up your Mod ?

You use IAJOT race replacer Mod  and add some more races .... but the Mod use Roberts textures and meshes.( and HGEC for females)

So it should work with Roberts male.

And  Room207 Body is a Roberts Body. If that Mod works RobertsMale v5 also works.  You can use Roberts male v5 without the esp ! You can use only the meshes and textures (or your Furry textures)

So I think your problem was a wrong load order.  ( Have you read my yellow Link below ?  Sections: archive invalidate, Load order-Mod sorting, Mod cleaning )

And the few changes that are in the Roberts male esp you can add in your "IAJOT race replacer"esp.   There are some vanilla textures path fixes

Spoiler

Oblivion.esm errors

Vampire race and Sheogorath male

Foot textures path

Oblivion esm: Characters\Imperial\Male\HandMale.dds

Roberts esp fix : Characters\Imperial\Male\footMale.dds

Vampire race and Sheogorath female

Foot textures path

Oblivion.esm : Characters\Imperial\Female\HandFemale.dds

Roberts esp  : Characters\Imperial\Female\footFemale.dds

And Roberts use new tail meshes for males, so the tail nif path is changed for Argonain and Khajiit

Oblivion esm : Characters\Khajiit\KhajiitTail.NIF   ( Females still use that path )

Roberts esp: Characters\Khajiit\Male\KhajiitTail.NIF

And the new textures path for the tail :  Characters\Khajiit\Male\RTfootmale.dds

The same with Argonian:

Oblivion esm : Characters\Argonian\Tail.NIF

Roberts esp : Characters\Argonian\Male\Tail.NIF

No changed at the textures path , vanilla Argionan used different textures for males and females.

In my Roberts esp I also add the Khajiit textures fix ( there a extra mods to fix it...but i don't know why it was not added in the Robert's esp )

The Khajiit feamle foot textures path

Oblivion esm : Characters\Khajiit\Male\FootMale.dds

in my Roberts esp : Characters\Khajiit\female\FootFemale.dds

There are more changes in the Roberts esp ( Nord, Readguard,...) But the other races get new textures pathes in your IAJOT race replacer Mod , so you don't need the changes.

--------------------

So again, the IAJOT race replacer Mod use Roberts male textures and body meshes, and if you add more races they must also have Roberts male textures.

So your mod IS ROBERT'S MALE !

if you like Room207 body it's fine. ( it use Robert's textures) Add a vanilla armor-clothes replacer for the body ( Or use the one from Roberts male v4 or  v5 )

-------------------

But ....?

You don't care about males, nude or not .

So you want nude females. OK.

???? But not Sex Mods? No  Lovers ??? :classic_blink:  Why the nude females? Only decoration ?

11 hours ago, fejeena said:

I wonder why Roberts Male Body v5 messed up your Mod ?

You use IAJOT race replacer Mod  and add some more races .... but the Mod use Roberts textures and meshes.( and HGEC for females)

So it should work with Roberts male.

And  Room207 Body is a Roberts Body. If that Mod works RobertsMale v5 also works.  You can use Roberts male v5 without the esp ! You can use only the meshes and textures (or your Furry textures)

So I think your problem was a wrong load order.  ( Have you read my yellow Link below ?  Sections: archive invalidate, Load order-Mod sorting, Mod cleaning )

And the few changes that are in the Roberts male esp you can add in your "IAJOT race replacer"esp.   There are some vanilla textures path fixes

It was probably several layers of conflict, and the knot was complicated enough I just didn't want to take the time to figure it out. I'm quite sure that if I wanted to invest a chunk of my very limited gaming time, I could have untied it, but in my estimation I'd already invested FAR too much time dinking around with male bodies when I should be either working on something important, or, maybe, PLAYING. :smile:

I'm aware that the mod I ended up with is using the same Robert's body mesh (or something really close if there's a difference between 5 and 5.2), but I DON'T think it uses the same texture paths (sticking to vanilla) that Robert's 5.2 uses, which is probably part of why it works for me. I also know that it doesn't replace heads, add custom textures, change animations, and all the other stuff that the full-blown Robert's does. I just wanted the brochure, not the full-blown Sears catalog (yes, I'm old).

As predicted, there's a tex problem with the Argonian males, but I haven't decided if it's worth the time to fix. Maybe next week I'll be bored enough to dive back in and update the installer, ESP, and rebuild my bashed patch. Until then, it's good enough.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I'm off to explore one of Maskar's new procedurally-generated instances.

Rochndil, playing with a pup in his lap...

6 hours ago, Rochndil said:

It was probably several layers of conflict,

I'm aware that the mod I ended up with is using the same Robert's body mesh (or something really close if there's a difference between 5 and 5.2), but I DON'T think it uses the same texture paths (sticking to vanilla) that Robert's 5.2 uses, which is probably part of why it works for me. I also know that it doesn't replace heads, add custom textures, change animations, and all the other stuff that the full-blown Robert's does. I just wanted the brochure, not the full-blown Sears catalog (yes, I'm old).

As predicted, there's a tex problem with the Argonian males, but I haven't decided if it's worth the time to fix. Maybe next week I'll be bored enough to dive back in and update the installer, ESP, and rebuild my bashed patch. Until then, it's good enough.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I'm off to explore one of Maskar's new procedurally-generated instances.*

Rochndil, playing with a pup in his lap...

yeah, for the most part, the esp from Roberts isn't worth using if you are using custom/edited races, still worth it to have the textures and meshes to fill in the gaps

the bodytype you ended up with is similar to what i have, as the seam variations on Roberts variants confused me, and i ended up making a bunch of bodies with 207's seams

as for the argonian problem, if it is anything like the khajitt problem, there could be some differences in how its set up from the rest of the races, all that should be necessary is roberts textures, an esp that has foot textures using foot textures and all body blocks named foot with material named skin

if you are having trouble, i could cobble together my custom khajiit and argonians and send them your way....

Untitled8.thumb.jpg.bdb6196b949825a3b6e7496fd64d2088.jpg

*where would you get that?

8 hours ago, Rochndil said:

Robert's male v52 use the vanilla pathes !!! Only the Khajiit male tail textures path is different.

There are only some path fixes in the esp.

But you dn't need the Roberts male esp , you have all vanilla races in your new IAJOT race replacer Mod .  Add the fixes in your esp.

And your Argonian textures problem. But the males????

The IAJOT race replacer have no Argonian. You add a Argonian and you use a copy of the vanilla Argonian ? ( A copy from the Oblivion esm)

Then you have copied the Vanilla textures bug in you esp ( but only the female vanilla textures path is wrong. )

The Khajiit feamle foot textures path

Oblivion esm : Characters\Khajiit\Male\FootMale.dds

in my Roberts esp : Characters\Khajiit\female\FootFemale.dds

The argonian male should work if you have a Roberts male texture installed  for the Room207 body meshes ( or a Furry Roberts texture  for your argonian replacer race )

Good morning!

Just a quick update. Argonian texture problem fixed (needed to add Robert's updated tex to the build, looks fine now). While the faces I butchered together for the wolf and fox wouldn't win any beauty contests, they WORK, and are distinct, so I'm happy enough. Too bad TES4Edit doesn't seem able to copy over those strings without throwing an error, but nothing's perfect.

Thanks again for all the help, suggestions, and offers for even more help. I've got everything working to my satisfaction, and (as usual) learned a few things in the process. Now on to butchering some bandits! :smile:

Rochndil, slowly clearing out Sinkhole...

11 minutes ago, Rochndil said:

Good morning!

While the faces I butchered together for the wolf and fox wouldn't win any beauty contests, they WORK, and are distinct, so I'm happy enough. Too bad TES4Edit doesn't seem able to copy over those strings without throwing an error, but nothing's perfect.

What do you want to do ??? what are strings?

If you want to copy and paste face data

Spoiler

Do not right click and copy or paste.

You must hold the left shift key and double-click, then a new window opens and you can copy or paste.

111a.jpg

The new window

111b.jpg

EDIT: the same you have to do if you want to change scripts. But scripts you must compile with the ConstructionSet

i didn't know about L-shift double click, about to test it out myself. anyway rochndil, if you don't mind slightly anime/cartoony, i got a wolf race and fox race i edited from

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/32821

and

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/19373

maybe i could help you out a bit, the wolf author is a bit doughnutsteel-y ,but i'm sure  i could share somthing to help you out

Untitled9.thumb.jpg.0b325a19f8010a0373eb1034ac284d5b.jpg

Durnit, there y'all go being helpful again. I thought I was DONE with this thing, but now I have to go in and fix the faces I broke so horribly. :smile:

I would never have figured out that TES4Edit trick myself, fejeena - so I learned something useful today.

I appreciate the offer Tolerance, but for now I'll just revert all the faces I changed (badly) to their original shape (Vexend[x2], Mephitis, and Bulvene) since I like their designs well enough. Then hopefully I can quit dinking around with this mod and get back to playing.

Rochndil, wondering what Marian did with that ring...

Archived