[Request] YuiH Screenshot Elves Follower Mod

2 hours ago, zarzil said:

There's better looking anime elf followers out there by authors who are happy to have people download their work.

and you do not seem to understand why YuiH did this!
because there are other mod authors who have no scruples to steal and the hard work of others to spend as their own,

then still to have the audacity to demand money.

54 minutes ago, winny257 said:

and you do not seem to understand why YuiH did this!
because there are other mod authors who have no scruples to steal and the hard work of others to spend as their own,

then still to have the audacity to demand money.

YuiH takes other people's textures and body mods and then uses them as part of a screenshot patreon moneymaking scheme.  I'm shocked people would pay for this, but you know what they say about fools and money.  My point is that YuiH directly profits from the works of others and releases next to nothing of his own, as a modder.

If people like YuiH were the face of Skyrim modding we'd be in the modding equivalent of the dark ages.  Needless to say I do not respect YuiH.

59 minutes ago, zarzil said:

YuiH takes other people's textures and body mods and then uses them as part of a screenshot patreon moneymaking scheme.  I'm shocked people would pay for this, but you know what they say about fools and money.  My point is that YuiH directly profits from the works of others and releases next to nothing of his own, as a modder.

If people like YuiH were the face of Skyrim modding we'd be in the modding equivalent of the dark ages.  Needless to say I do not respect YuiH.

for the whole pay Mod shit, carries Bethesda the sole fault!
when they started to introduce paid mods have some modders thought what Bethesda can, I can do that too. :classic_wink:

On 1/1/2018 at 11:03 AM, Septemvile said:

'No means no" what are you even talking about? What he said was basically "lol download now limited time only". Not "No don't use my mod!"

No, that's exactly what he said.

Everything pulled will not be ->rereleased through the usual channels or any channels<-, whether you approve or not or it's fair or anything else other than, NO.

As in people much higher on the chain have asked and the answer was/is/until such as as yes is an answer,  no. The "fairness" of it is a debate for another thread, so if you're done attempting to psychically translate something stated over a year ago, when the answer ->since then<- has been the above word verbatim over and over, that's pretty much the end of the subject outside of "what happens on your hard drive stays on your hard drive".

Same thing with catlike khajiit same thing with meera, same thing with ____________, people contine to ask and the answer from the modder continues to be no.

As in no. Also known as no. Any of this getting through?

if a modder says for three days and then you ask on the fifth day, try real hard but you might be able to divine what the answer is, whether that's ok or cool or whatever is a completely separate subject.

10 hours ago, 27X said:

Everything pulled will not be ->rereleased through the usual channels or any channels<-, whether you approve or not or it's fair or anything else other than, NO.

As in people much higher on the chain have asked and the answer was/is/until such as as yes is an answer,  no. The "fairness" of it is a debate for another thread, so if you're done attempting to psychically translate something stated over a year ago, when the answer ->since then<- has been the above word verbatim over and over, that's pretty much the end of the subject outside of "what happens on your hard drive stays on your hard drive".

Same thing with catlike khajiit same thing with meera, same thing with ____________, people contine to ask and the answer from the modder continues to be no.

As in no. Also known as no. Any of this getting through?

if a modder says for three days and then you ask on the fifth day, try real hard but you might be able to divine what the answer is, whether that's ok or cool or whatever is a completely separate subject.

Unfortunately this is usually the way it goes. YuiH made some fantastic characters and followers some might say too good and by the sounds of things got badgered to the point where (s)he decided the prodding was enough and took it all down. I for one am like mostly everyone else would love to see more of his/her work and come back but I respect why (s)he won't. It's best to leave it rest as further prodding will only cause more harm then good.

12 hours ago, 27X said:

This is the definition of 'limited time content'. If I go to DragonCon and buy a limited edition Morrigan figurine and they stop making it after that, that doesn't in any way translate to 'No means no'. That translates to 'Get it now because once it's gone I'm not making any more'.

If YuiH wants to host his mods for X days and then stop hosting them after that, that still doesn't make it 'No means no'. It means 'I'm not going to keep hosting these mods after X days'.

The only time 'No means no' is if YuiH goes around saying 'No one share my mods!', and even then that still doesn't mean anything in real terms because Bethesda - not YuiH - has legal rights to the mods.

37 minutes ago, Septemvile said:

The only time 'No means no' is if YuiH goes around saying 'No one share my mods!', and even then that still doesn't mean anything in real terms because Bethesda - not YuiH - has legal rights to the mods.

I have to disappoint you unfortunately, this is only partially correct.
it's true, Bethesda has all the rights to the game but with release of the construction sets has Bethesda these rights (modding) transmitted to the modders.
and so are all rights of the mods at the mod author and when this one says, no further public upload then it means exactly that!

rule 1

Spoiler

The biggest and most important thing of this community is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

this thread is just silly

i am completely sure that some dude's (that did a resculpt and bundled it with a dozen mods of somebody else's making) feelings will be deeply hurt because some anon received a reupload of that one bundle he never even labeled as "do not reupload"

but even if he did i'd consider that a complete dick move (and if he monetized it i'd just urge everyone to consider all his rights forfeit)

On 1/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, Septemvile said:

This is the definition of 'limited time content'. If I go to DragonCon and buy a limited edition Morrigan figurine and they stop making it after that, that doesn't in any way translate to 'No means no'. That translates to 'Get it now because once it's gone I'm not making any more'.

If YuiH wants to host his mods for X days and then stop hosting them after that, that still doesn't make it 'No means no'. It means 'I'm not going to keep hosting these mods after X days'.

It's digital content under personal authorship, it can be whatever the author says it is.

The point you keep deliberately ignoring in order to attempt to semantics your way into having a point is three different people have asked YuiH to reupload missing stuff and the answer is NO, and that's the end of the discussion, period.

Furthermore Beth's EULA will not stand up in court. If M$ can't EULA their way out of legal precedent, BGS doesn't have much a of a chance either.

and finally, every major website that has Skyrim content on it except for a certain russian one which exists entirely to parade stolen content around supports an author doing whatever they want with their content up to and including removing it, including the nexus, here, ->beth.net<-, naver and even the chinese place where all pirated mods go to live, 9damao/baidu.

In other words, No means no.

So the only actual salient and germane contra point in this thread is "making 'exclusive' and randomly taking stuff down is kind of a dick move" which is zarzil's point, not yours.

Ok, I don´t need any link anymore thank you for the information and help^^   

(But personaly I find it sad, that the modding mentally goes from "we like to produce some extra content that others can see what we know and have fun with it" to "Hello, dear customer here are some screenshots for my AWESOME sword!!!!!. It costs only 1€/$ ". I don´t say you can´t donate someone some money for an extraordinary work and I don´t say all modders (the most in the moment luckily not)are corrupted, money greeding ..... But you can see that the development goes in an very false direction)

I´m personally make mods to have fun and to learn something, but it not means that i don´t respect when a modder says i don´t publish it or make money with it.(But its sad that something like this happend because of whatever)

I like to end this thread with this own statement

and thaaaannnkkkk you for the answers ;)

p.s. Sorry for my bad english ;):bawling: .........and one last question how i close the thread ?????:confused:

• 3 years later...
On 12/27/2017 at 12:52 AM, lichArthas said:

Hello,

I´m searching a mod that was only a small time online, it is the "Screenshot Elves" mod from YuiH.

His links are dead and i don´t found any functional.

Here is a link with the photo http://devrabbitxx.tumblr.com/post/136391448809/yuih-skyrim-yuih-skyrim-yuihs-screenshot

Thank you very much for the answers

The files aren't available what to do now ?

Screenshot_20211126-235407_Chrome.jpg

The links are dead for years ^^ Sry there are no one who share this version because the mod author doesn't like it, I respect the opinion but personally I think it was not the greatest way to get his anger communicated(but I understand it) about using his data for other mods without asking, I know its a old topic. But I hate what parts of the mod community have become over the years , where is the time where you can free release mods (asks for permission about using data from other authors), today too much people like to make money with it or get restricted because of some franchises -.-.