No, my fur color doesn't change. And yes, the pH value can change if you drink too much. Or too little. Or consume something "medicinal." Also I'll have to update in my next Musing as I quit that job when it came out that execs were colluding with Pfizer to push their tests and treatments over anyone else's and thus destroyed the company's objectivity in the medical community. Private lab companies aren't supposed to be "sponsored" by some Big Pharma conglomerate. People's lives are at stake. Sadly it happens all the damned time.

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

No, my fur color doesn't change

Awwww ?

Private lab companies aren't supposed to be "sponsored" by some Big Pharma conglomerate

Lol, from my experiance it's the small ones that are easy to manipulate by money. Me too, that's why I din't quit ^^

Also I'll have to update in my next Musing as I quit that job when it came out that execs were colluding with Pfizer

It remains exciting.

I changed from Life Science to Datamanagement. Basically the other way around.

I read somewhere you missed the last few weeks of your new education. How where you able to rescue the situation and still became a LabLeming?

20 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I read somewhere you missed the last few weeks of your new education. How where you able to rescue the situation and still became a LabLeming?

That was back at the beginning of '20. I went back to school after quitting a contracted job (I think I went into that story) to finish up and got a job at a lab...right in time for COVID. D'oh!

• 1 month later...

The Lemming Way

This is something even my less intelligent kin understand on an instinctive level. And has spawned myths about lemmings being suicidal or blindly following the pack. Put simply, we lemmings know when to abandon something when it's unsustainable and move on. Sometimes whatever it is recovers with time, other times it doesn't. This also explains why lemmings tend to make some of the best scientists: we aren't married to theories and are perfectly willing to abandon them if they prove to be all wrong. I guess we're wired for the scientific method. Lemmings don't stay around on land that can no longer sustain them, continue clinging to ideas that have proven ineffective or actively detrimental, or stick with incumbents when they betray us. Sheeple do, though.

And when we move on, we're perfectly willing to go around, over, under, or though whatever is impeding us. Bodies of water? We'll swim across. Some human-made wall? We'll tunnel underneath it. A politician telling us what to do? We take a page from our rattus rattus cousins and use sheer numbers and our ever-growing incisors to bore a hole through them. If the human survives, there's not much they can do to retaliate.  As Herman Melville illustrated in Moby Dick, you can't take revenge on an animal. And in the latter case we often invite said cousins so they can feed on the waste, even if it's still alive. I know, humans think that's cruel and inhumane and unnatural. But they call natural disasters and a wolf killing a fawn for food cruel and unnatural, conveniently forgetting those are nature. Natural selection, baby!

Why do I bring it up? Well, that's getting too political for my tastes. Suffice to say that humans who think they know what's best for "lemmings of color" and continue trying to push their narrative, particularly on brown lemmings, will be facing the collective ire of creatures who are sick of being told what to do and just want to be left alone. As much as I'd like to use my teeth, it takes time for them grow back if I wear them down too much. This will require a finer touch, beginning with holding said people to the very standards they set and seeing how they like it.

• 1 year later...

Return of the Lemming

I'm alive? Well I have to work with people. I got "promoted" to asst. supervisor at work which just means more responsibility for an extra $60 a year. Too many triple-A video games still suck and try to squeeze blood from their players. So unless this is Hell, I'm still alive.

I wish I could say much has changed in over a year. Aside from gads of "green warriors" coming to the glen for self-congratulatory circle jerks while polluting worse than most normal people who visit, things are depressingly the same. I will say that we "helpless animals" took revenge on the hypocrites by shoving each and every piece of litter they threw around into their gas guzzlers' engines, even inside the headers. Never underestimate how dexterous bear paws can be and shout out to Ted E. Bear for his skills as a sabotage mechanic.

Melissa turned down a proposal because she read that males' sex drives decrease after marriage while females' increase. Hers is already strong and mine is already weakening so she doesn't want to do anything to upset the balance.

But on to things I kept putting off. Like my switch from IT to lab work.

Long story short, I spent 17 years as a systems engineer and grew to hate office culture, went back to finish my lab tech certification in Jan. of 2020, and finished my internship at the beginning of March...just in time for COVID. My first lab job lasted all of eighteen months before I quit when the executives began ordering us to violate medical, scientific, and personal ethics to push the jab on people whose own doctors had recommended they not get it. Then I got my current job at the local town's water department. Unless we're collecting samples out in the field it's a simple job where we test water samples daily to compile a three-year report, monitor water quality incoming from the treatment plants, and check people's cistern water when necessary. At my age (139 in human years, 41 in lemming years) that's exactly what I want. Let the young people have excitement.

Only recently did an internal investigation from international finish at my prior job, resulting in several executives being fired, blacklisted, and facing criminal charges for medical malfeasance or something like that. Because the criminal investigation is still ongoing, I can't say anymore.

Sorry for not having a wacky story this time. Life has been wacky enough.